DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Welcome to DM!

Come check out the Social Groups - Tar Valon is hosting the Blue Ajah's fantasy convention now, and there are lots of fun and games!

I am generally in the Ogier, the Band of the Red Hand and the White tower :smile: You can join as many as you want, and I hope to see you around!

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings. I'm new-ish, I suppose. I was actually a member of another large-ish site ages ago (like... back around '98) that eventually came to be merged with DM, although I can't recall its name for the life of me. Since that merger, I've ghosted around DM. I just finished my first full re-read of the series, and felt compelled to start an account here this time. I can't help the urge to start re-reading again, so I thought I should spend some internetual time with similar-minded people.

Hello and welcome, Asiyah!  I discovered the books about 3.5 years ago.  I advise that you be very careful visiting the discussion threads so you don't get the series spoiled for you.

I spend just about all of my time in the White Tower and Warders.  It is there that you can move up the ranks to become as Aes Sedai or Warder.  You can join as many social groups that suit your interests!

Greetings to you as well, Goaswerfraiejen!  I hope to see you as well in the social groups and the White Tower and Warders.  You cannot see all of the forums there until you join, if that is a place you would like to land.

Hello Goaswerfraiejen!

Ryrin is right - you can't see all the forums and discussion threads in the social groups until you join them. I spend a lot of time with the White Tower and Warders, as well as the Ogier and the Band of the Red Hand. I just joined the Black Tower, but you can join as many as you want - each really has their own thing to offer, and everywhere is just fun! I hope to see you around!

Check out the White Tower - Tar Valon. They are hosting BlueCon right now - the fantasy convention brought to you by the Blue Ajah - there are some fun games and discussions going on right now, for the next few days. 

Welcome, Goaswerfraiejen, AsiyahSedai. It's nice that you found your way here (it can be like home sometimes) :smile:

The most important in the beginning is to explore and I know DM (Dragonmount) is huge but  it's not as confusing after spending some time with us. The two main groups I call them are Social Groups (SG) and the Role-Playing Groups (RP) - in the first, you are yourself, you play games, have discussions, etc, but it is you; whilst the RP - you create a character, following the world of WoT and you interact role-play with other characters. This was a bit confusing for me in the beginning.

Tell us something about yourselves and here we all have nick-names - I am Theo/a, or Dora :tongue: How to call you in short?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone! 

I'm very new to DM, but was excited to register.  Very few of my friends here are fantasy fans so I am happy to have the opportunity to discuss WoT with someone for once!  I have read through the series twice and have to say that it's my favorite.  Thanks for having me.

Awesome!!!!

We are so glad you found us, and you are definitely among friends here - many of us have read the series many times, while some fans are fairly new. 

Go explore the site, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask. The site is divided into two main groups. The social group side, and the role play side. There is a group of discussion boards, and since you have read the books, feel free to join those. Some are more structured discussions where you don't want to spoil future books (in case people haven't read ahead yet), but you should be able to talk about the books there to your hearts content. The Social Group side is groups of forums based loosely around groups of people from the books. I belong to the Band of the Red Hand, The Ogier, The White and Black towers and the Writer's group of the Tuatha'an, so feel free to join as many as you would like. In the social groups its nice to make friends with people who all love the books, and get to know people and hang out. There are parts of the social groups that you won't see unless you join specific groups - just so you know! The RP side is where you can create a character  and role play in a world similar to the Randland of the books. If you are a writer definitely check it out! I am in the process of creating a character myslef. :wink:

I hope to see you around, and if you ever have any questions or anything, please feel free to let me know, or ask here or wherever. And have fun!

Welcome, Selleck. I am relatively new to the series as well. You may have already found our discussion forum but please check out our social groups too. It is a good way to meet other WoT fans. I enjoy the White Tower and Warders group. You can join as many as you want. We have a section for role playing where you can create your own character.

We are very happy to have you.

Guest Lanfear78

Hello Everyone! Long time fan and joined the site to show of my new WOT tattoo that I am so proud of, lol. Just as his ink on the page has forever touched my life, the ink on my body will forever pay homage to his story. Glad to be here with all you WOT fans. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest norton159

hulloooo. im new and now wished that i made an actual wheel of time name than my usual one for everything. i love the wheel of time even more than any other series ive read and am just dropping in to say hi :D

Hi and welcome to DM. Yes, I was very disappointed. It seems people either really enjoyed it or didn't like it at all.

We have a discussion forum, a role play area and social groups. Explore a bit and if you have any questions, we are glad to help.

Hi Bill,

I am also a newbie here. I read AMoL the day it was released, just after reading the rest of the books twice in 3 months, and I too was disappointed. Although I appreciated what I got to learn, there were so very many threads and themes left out of the END that it didn't FEEL like an end. Perhaps that was the point...to leave us wanting more.

Hello Judy and AG!!!! Nice to meet you both. Have you looked around much? I'm mostly in the White Tower and Warders. I am a Sitter of the Green Ajah.

Any questions? I remember how it was when I first got here. Lol.

Hello and welcome!!! WoT is my favorite series. :) As you may have seen, we have a discussion area, role play and social groups. Have you been able to look around a bit? See anything interesting?