DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Hello Wise One! Welcome to DM. We are happy to have you. I'd like to extend an invitation to stop by the White Tower and Warders. You won't be able to all of the boards there unless you are a member. There are many social groups and no limits on the number you can join.

If I can be of help, please ask.

Ryrin, Green Sitter

Edited by Ryrin

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone.

Read WoT about 10 yrs ago .....

Realised I had forgotten it all ( haven't read the Sanderson stuff at all) , so thought would just have to read it again.

Have to say I am enjoying it even more than first time around

Just finished Eye of the World and ready for some more ......

Bring it on .....

Hello, Lord Dragon & Bors! Welcome to DM. I'd like to invite you to check out the social groups. I'm in the White Tower and Warders.

Edited by Ryrin

Guest Medinaja2

Hello. I am both new to Dragonmount and the series. Just started reading book one a couple days ago. Love the book I am already captivated. I am reading it on my Kindle but couldn't go without the physical book, so I ordered it from this website just now. Nice to see you all.

Greetings all....

I actually made an account before but in the chaos of Time's ravaging hand and school and graduating...my last password has fallen from consciousness.

Well, any who.... Great to be here!!

Also....how does one alter their profile name....? I feel rather dense that I cannot find the appropriate solution but asking never hurt anyone.

Greetings all....

I actually made an account before but in the chaos of Time's ravaging hand and school and graduating...my last password has fallen from consciousness.

Also....how does one alter their profile name....? I feel rather dense that I cannot find the appropriate solution but asking never hurt anyone.

Send an e-mail to help@dragonmount.com to reach the admins - they may be able to help you recover your old account if you wish, etc.

Greetings all....

Send an e-mail to help@dragonmount.com to reach the admins - they may be able to help you recover your old account if you wish, etc.

They might, yes. You could also try sending Barmacral or Verbal32 a Private Message (the option will appear when you open their profile link) - they're the ones you would have to speak to about changing your name, anyway.

Just don't tell them I sent you. Blame Song, if you must. *noddity*

Guest BrandonPatton

Hello, I literally just finished the first chapter of The Eye of the World and am looking forward to exploring the expansive world Robert Jordan created.

Welcome!!! I was hooked after the first three chapters. Be careful of spoilers, though. They can be anywhere but obviously in the discussion thread and least likely in the social groups.

:)

Hello all. Kinda new to the series. I'm halfway through with the fifth book, though I've been absolutely and totally hooked from book 1 chapter 1. Just happened to pick it up to read till the next Game of Thrones book comes out, and I truly cannot believe this series passed me by for this long. It is now my favorite book series.

Hello, Matrim! Welcome to DM. I found the series about 4 years ago. Book spoilers can be everywhere but you are less likely to find them in the social groups. Be careful though, you don't want to ruin it for yourself.

What got you hooked?

The immensely huge world Robert Jordan has created. It took me a bit to get used to the talk and lore of just the basics. Then you go on to think a Myyrdraal is like this ultimate enemy, to figure out a darkfriend can outmatch him, but then the seals are giving out and a forsaken is a beast.......I could go on like that for pages. And the One Power has to be the strongest sort of magic in a book there is, depending on the wielder. Because once you start learning how their flows work, you start realizing just how powerful they really are. And the various different tallents are always so awesome when a new one is introduced. And even the Darkfriend's tricks like raven and rat spies, darkhounds that even a drop of their saliva will kill painfully and too many more to name. All in all it has to be the most well thought out fantasy universe there is. Truly.

That's what drew me in too. I still can't fathom how RJ created this awesome world down to the smallest details. All that was in his head!!!! I never really read fantasy before and I don't think anything can match it.

Yeah, the talents are amazing and also the different forms that evil comes packaged in.

I'm planning on re-reading EotW soon.

Guest Thorco

Hey all! Not exactly new but I haven't been to the site in about 10 years and let me say the nostalgia almost has me having an attack lol. I was roaming through the RP forums but can't seem to find any of my old writings. Has the site been refreshed or am I just going crazy?

P.S. Is the chat room down? I attempted to use it but I received an error though it may be because I was using a tablet.

Edited by Thorco

Hey ! Welcome back :happy:

i don't think i'll be able to be of much help lol

sometimes, mysterious things happens on the site around 11.00 AM CET (the time when u posted it seems), maybe you could have another try at it ? 

and for RP part, i am just a beginner  ^^

• 3 weeks later...
Guest nomadsdomain

New to dragonmount.  I first read Eye of the World in the fall of 1994.  I went to a local bookstore looking for a new series to "lose myself in".  Little did I know that I would still be rereading the same series 20 years later.  I have reread the series numerous times over the years with each new release.  This will be my first reread of the entire series since the last book was released.  I look forward to the added dimension of this website as I "lose myself" again.  I just finished Eye of the World and I'm about to pick up The Great Hunt.

Hey ! Welcome to Dragonmount :)

I am still missing book 13 and 14 lol

so don't give me spoilers :laugh:

i'll hope you will enjoy your time with us.

so you is your fav character  ?