DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I believe this is officially my longest running book series. Most I finish within a few months. The Lord of the Rings took me an entire year to read, because I was a teenager and Tolkien's flowery writing physically wounded me. 

Several years ago I read all of the WoT books, except for that last one, which was not out yet. But then, I completely forgot about them, and never finished them. Now, I finally have. I am rather sad now. The characterization was so wonderful, I feel like I've said goodbye to old friends. 

But the most frustrating thing is how... Apparently obscure these books are. I mean, going in and reading them, I assumed they were fantasy classics that everyone had read. Not so. Nobody I know has read them, in fact only one I knew had even heard of them. So, I figured I would join up here, so I could find some people who would be able to carry on a discussion about the books, rather than just nod politely and wait for me to stop talking.  :rolleyes:

Anyhow, yes. You can all call me Toppy, if you'd like. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Dragonmount!!!! Just want to say how happy I am to have found you, and cant wait to become an active member of this site and forum. Have read up to book 12, 2 times and am currently rereading the whole collection (at The Path Of Daggers) to read the new books.

"Its time to toss the dice" 

Hi! Soooo happy to join!

Well, once someone told me to read this books. I started and got bored, don't even know why...Maybe i wasn't in the right mood) Anyway, several months later i continued reading the first book and you know what? i got so excited! Now i'm reading the fifth one and can't even stop))

Looking forward to enjoying the site)

Hello, Johnny and Alira!! Welcome to DM. :)

Be careful in the discussion area so you don't get the series spoiled for you.

I'm in the White Tower and Warders social group and I'd like to invite you to stop by. You can't see all of the forums till you join but we'd love to see you. :)

Edited by Ryrin

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Al Cair

uhhmmmmmm.... hi everyone? :P i'm new to this forum but am also a long time fan of wot.... havent had the chance to also play wheel of time mud for a few years ( think of it as since 2005 i think)... I do not have a dsl connection here in the phils.... only using public computers....

:P

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! New to the forums (mostly); just joined this morning.

I have lurked about reading WoT discussions before, but I wanted to participate and hopefully do some roleplay (although that doesn't look super active, especially in my desired Black Tower).

I've been reading the Wheel of Time books since the early 90s, waiting eagerly in-between. I've reread the series about a dozen times, and I'm just starting my next readthrough that will incorporate the last book (before it came out, I was trying to get there, but I just didn't finish in time and jumped ahead to read AMoL. So, I'll start again from Eye of the World (I can't find my copy of NS and wanted to start during a rare San Diego rainy day). Yay!

Anyway, nice to finally join the community!

• 2 weeks later...

Chaotik and BlackPrince!

You have a personal invitation to visit us in the White Tower and Warders. Stop by and say hello. :) Just be aware that all of the boards there won't be available for viewing/participation unless you join.

Hello all!

A few months ago I walked into Foyles and asked the woman behind the desk to recommend a fantasy novel I could get into. She recommended the Wheel of Time. That impromptu visit to the bookstore changed my world!

I've only just started this series - currently on Book 3 but I am absolutely loving it!

Glad to be part of this community. Not that familiar with forums but I needs somewhere to share my excitement!  :wink:

The Light illumine you all!

Edited by AsiyahSedai

Yeah!ryrin and elgee,thanks so much...so glad to here.ive decided to learn how to channel.i think i can do it,not sure....but i could have sworn i seized Saidin some days ago.Or maybe the taint is already getting to me...dont mind my incessant rants people,lol...

Edited by BlackPrince of the Morning