DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Welcome, MerrilinRoadie!!

1. DRAGH-kahr

2. Mwah-RAIN 

3. eh-GWAIN

I'd advise that you stay out of the discussion forums so the series doesn't get spoiled for you.  The social groups should be relatively safe.  :)

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to DM, Nyrianne!

Take a look around all the different DM options/groups and if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!  We have book discussion, general discussion, social groups, and role playing groups.  I hope to see you in the social groups, which is where I spend most of my time.  I tend to spend most of my time in the White Tower & Warders followed by the Band of the Red Hand.

Wow.  I've been reading WoT for about 14 years.  I have read the first 5 or so books in the series about 5 or so times, but until last week I hadn't finished the series all the way.  I loved the series each time, but with work and life I would be forced to go long periods without reading the books so I would start over to more fully understand the series.  I recently have been able to get a job where I work less, and completed the entire series in just a couple months.  This is easily the best series I have ever read, and I love it!  I have now finished all of the books, so I look forward to discussing the series with other fans!  My wife is reading LoC right now, and it is really hard for me not to want to talk spoilers with her!   I won't do it, but hopefully some people on here can help me talk about the series! 

You should have a lot of fun in the discussion forums but please don't pass the Social Groups by. They are a great place to meet other fans of the series. All of the forum areas in the groups won't be available to you unless you decide to join.

The role play area provides an opportunity to create your own character within a WoT setting. It's great if you like to write.

Welcome to DM!!!

Edited by Ryrin

Hi, Kalen/Dion!  We are so happy to have you join us here.  Have you spent any time looking around?

We have 3 main sections:

a.  Discussion

b.  Social Groups (Lots of fun... I'm mostly in the White Tower and Warders.)

c.  Role Play where you get to create your own character within a Wheel of Time setting.  I'm trying to find time to work on a Warder character.

All of the social groups are open to you but you may not be able to see all of the forums until you choose to be a member and/or gain a specific rank.

Please ask if you have any questions.  

Welcome.

• 1 month later...

Hey names rob, just got into this series last year, loving it so far! Actually started it by accident found eye of the world on the street downtown where I live during work and thought it looked interesting. One of my favourite series I have read :) About halfway through LoC trying to power through but taking my time since I am so into WoT! Love most of the characters, the children and padan fain are my least liked. Toss up between Mat and Ishamael for my favourites, but the rest aren't far behind. Have looked at a few of them beyond where ive read but not enough to spoil the majority of the story. The wheel weaves as the wheel wills. :D

Welcome, Wyatt!!!  You might want to stay away from the discussion forms so the series doesn't get spoiled for you.  We have so many discussion threads and theories that after you finish you could spend the rest of your life discussing WoT!

The Social Groups are fun and you can join as many as you wish.  If you have any questions, please ask.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I'm Martin. I first picked up WoT about two and a half years ago after fanatically reading Tolkien and thinking nothing else would stand up to it. I thought I wouldnt find another world that interested me so much but here I am. I raced through to the end and the re-read MoL straight away because I couln't leave it so soon. I'm now re reading the series again and seeing how far sigeted RJ was in the earlier books in respect the events that happened way later on! Second time around I have some serious questions about the 'world' or WoT so am coming here to see if I can find answers (hopefully in the correct places/forums)!

Welcome to DM.  You might wish to start with the discussion forums but we have lots more too.  The social groups are a great place to hang out and meet fellow fans and if you like to write, the role play section might be for you.

If you have any questions, please ask.8

• 1 month later...
Guest solear77

Wow. I first started reading these books in 1992, kept up to book 9, then decided it was moving too slowly. With the release of the trade paperbacks (and MUCH better cover artwork!) I picked it back up again and read them all.

In hindsight, I wasn't alone in abandoning this series during the slow middle books. Not only was Jordan writing and releasing books infrequently, but the plot also slowed down to a crawl. I slogged through volumes 7-11 and was truly rewarded with Brandon Sanderson's conclusion. Like most fans, I felt there were unresolved plot points, but that was inevitable with hundreds of characters and the sprawling plotline. But the good parts, the parts that stuck with you, were so moving that I cannot help to recommend this series to my friends.

Egwene in the final 3 books and Lan's confrontation with Demandred stick out, among many!

Guest Lews Al'Thor

Finished WoT about 2 months ago and it was indescribable... amazing ending to an epic story and crushing because I didn't want it to end, I just drifted for about 2 weeks because I didn't know what to do with myself. And now I spend most of my time on the Coppermind or the 17th Shard when I feel like reading some nice theories.

Edited by Lews Al'Thor

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to DM!!!

Go to edit your profile.  There are certain guidelines etc. for siggy size etc.

1) Follow all copyrighting rules.

2) All signatures must be 125 x 500. All Avatars must be 100 x 100.

3) Pg13 rule in effect. Err on the side of caution. If you are not sure if it would fall within these rules, don’t use it.

Edited by Ryrin

• 2 weeks later...