New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChardLiberty

Hey Long time fan of the series, new member looking to see if can meet some fans of the series to talk about the books or even listen to their more experienced theories.  Can anyone recommend or link any threads that might be particularly interesting to read through hidden away anywhere?

Welcome, you two!!!! We are happy to have you both. :)

Chard, head over to the discussion area. You may have to explore a bit, but I'm sure everything is covered over there. I expect that once the encylopedia is out there will be a lot more to discuss.

Void, I spend most of my time in the White Tower and Warders social group. There are multiple groups to join, depending on your interests, but it's fun, there are things to do, and you will meet fellow RJ fans.

I hope both of you will enjoy your time here.

I've enjoyed the WOT series very much.  Probably an ammature compared to many I have read the series once through and listened to the audio series twice.  I enjoyed the audio series since the pronunciation of different words became more clear to me, names, places etc..  I was one who was moved deeply by RJ's illness and passing and stayed away for a long time during and afterward.  It just seemed out of line to badger him for more when he was ill then when such a beautiful mind was laid to rest again it seemed propper to simply let his series rest with him.  Then Brandon Sanderson was recruited and completed the series with such care, respect and skill that I was drawn back in whole heartedly.  Now I find myself wishing or hungering for more WOT lol.  I want to know the epilogue.  I would love to see some "spin offs".  Maybe a "discovered" copy of The Travels of Jain Farstrider or maybe even a "next" book.  RJ made such a series that there truly is room for more and more since that is the way life is.  Maybe not a long epic but individual adventures of some of the major players.  Maybe the rebuilding of a combined tower with male and female Aes Sadai?  I'm well rested from the final book and am finding myself hungry for WOT adventures with my "friends".

Me too.  I wanted the 2nd pre-quel where Moiraine and Lan looked for Rand for 20 years.  Imagine those adventures!  I only discovered the series 5 years ago and I've been here for 4.

Welcome to DM.  Have you had a chance to look around a bit?  The social groups are a lot of fun.

Hi, all. I am not exactly new to the forum, but I was inactive for such a long time that I thought it would be polite to introduce myself first. I am picking up the reading from book ten. It has been years since I read book nine, and my knowledge is rusty. I view this series as Robert Jordan's magnum opus, and have to know how it ends. I will try to avoid spoilers, though.

Guest Babblingbear

Hello! I'm currently reading the series for the first time! (Currently on book 13. And have plans to reread already!) I love this series! I do have a question, though. Would it be a good investment to get the books in Audio? I don't make very much, and audio's are expensive, but I feel it would be beneficial to get them to see, or hear rather, how to pronounce much of the words. (Plus, I'm an auditory learner, so they might help me imagine the world better.) Anywho... So glad I found my way to this wonderful place!!

Welcome!  Be careful of book 14 spoilers.  Have you read New Spring?

I was thinking the same thing about investing in the audio books.  You might enjoy them even more since you are an auditory learner.  I'd like to invite you to check out the social groups.  You can join as many as you wish.  It's a good place to meet people and participate in activities.  I like to tell our new members that all of the boards in a group will not be visible to you until you join.  There can be much more going on behind the scenes, especially in the White Tower and Warders.

Who is your favorite character?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest MutantStandard

Hello, longtime fan, first time forum member. I've been reading the series since late 2006 when my sisters ex (who I'm still good friends with) introduced me to the book series and I was instantly hooked by the time I finished "The Eye of the World". I'm currently on my second read through of the series and I'm reading "The Eye of the World" for the second time since 2006. Anyways I joined for possible discussion and such. Thanks for having me y'all.

Hello, longtime fan, first time forum member. I've been reading the series since late 2006 when my sisters ex (who I'm still good friends with) introduced me to the book series and I was instantly hooked by the time I finished "The Eye of the World". I'm currently on my second read through of the series and I'm reading "The Eye of the World" for the second time since 2006. Anyways I joined for possible discussion and such. Thanks for having me y'all.

Welcome.  I'm doing a re-read too.  I'm almost finished with EoTW.  Please drop by the social groups and take a look around.

Welcome to Dragonmount !

What kind of experience would you like to have ? A real role-playing one ? In this case, drop by our welcome in, in the RP section. It's right here :)

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/10-the-welcome-inn/

(you will have all the needed info there, but i can help you step by step if you want)

If you prefer a lighter experience, then our BT social group is for you. It includes light RP and a lot of crazy spamming.

the place is here : http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/forum/23-the-black-tower-social-group/

i hope it helped and do not hesitate to ask us any question you may have

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Axfried

Can't believe I only found this forum now!

Just started A Memory of Light - cannot wait to see how this all ends!

On that note, really not looking forward to the series being over (for me) - is there any further reading once book 14 is done? Or something anyone can recommend?

-Ax

the WoT Encyclopedia comes out in 2 days here!!!!!!   

Have you read New Spring and the Big White book??

btw  Hi! im Dice! Im an oldie around here and a big proponant of the Social Orgs   (waits for tress to strike him down)

Tell us about yourself!!!  Any interest in Social Groups?  or are you a RPer?  We got both here.

Im hoping to see you in the Band of the Red Hand tho!  or the Black Tower!   feel free to pm me with any questions if you dont wanna post them here