A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just call me Dice Aziz   everyone else does.....along with other things lol

Im a Mat fan. I too really liked the Egwene reuniting the Tower stuff but could not believe the way they ended it with her.

While youre looking around the Boards dont forget to check out the Social Orgs. They are a lotta fun! you can find both Ryrin and me at the Band of the Red hand and the White Tower...rurin more then me at WT lol. Im also in the Black tower, the wolfkin and the Ogier. Every group has their own theme so find some that suit you and come say hi!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Mikaela Lúthien Shamrock

Hello, I'm a reader from Ecuador. I knew about this saga because of a friend of mine. Now I'm finishing The Dragon Reborn. BTW, reading in pdf, I haven't found the real ones in my country.

My fav characters by now are Nynaeve, Lan, Loial, Perrin and Faile :D Mat is like a big headache!

Edited by Mikaela Nynaeve Shamrock

Hello and welcome to DM!!! Be careful of the book discussion forums so the series doesn't get spoiled for you.

You might like the social groups. Stop on by and meet other fans of the WoT. If you have questions, please ask.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but not new to Dragonmount or the books of which i've read some 27 times the whole series except the last book I read it once. I was so disappointed about the ending of that wonderful series but I am going to try to re read it all again. I wish they would re write the ending to better tell the whole story and close a lot of the things out instead of just leaving it all open to imagination. I love this series just didn't like the ending. I wish they would make movies based on all these wonderful books. I sure miss Mr. Jordan and his writing. His style was Tolkiennish to me and I love Tolkien. I hope you all a blessed day and will try to watch that movie on FX tonight to see what they have come up with. laymarion

Guest LukeManty

Hi all, long time fan of the series since I picked up a copy of Eye of the World in a second hand bookstore about 12 years ago, and since then read and re-read all of the series before the releases of each new book. Was delighted when Brandon Sanderson was asked to finish the series as there were only so many authors who could do the final book (well... what became three books) justice!

Saw FB posts re. the TV show on late last night and it piqued my interest (though without a TV subscription I shall have to wait to watch it at a friends) and led me to this lovely forum.

Registered a while ago but haven't really posted much.

Of course I just popped back in because of the news regarding the sacreligious pilot...

Now, I'll probably go back and re-read the series, see what I think of the ending after having a bit of a break from WoT for a year or so. I've been mostly writing with my spare time, so another run through WoT will freshen me up and maybe give me some inspiration to forge on with what will hopefully be the next great fantasy series (haha, yeah right!)

I'm from Australia, just west of Sydney. G'Day to any other Aussies here!

Hello, Lady and Luke! Welcome to Dragonmount. Please look around and check out the social groups. Lots of fun stuff going on there!

Thank you  so much. It's such a pleasure to be here. Thank you for the warm welcome. lady

Hope to see you in the Tower!  

Guest redlaven

Hi!! Ive visited the site a few times and decided to finally join. Ive only read the first five books so far but love the series. I currently rotate reading between three separate series and authors so im sure I have a few more years of reading this. I live in the Michigan love to read and write and hope someday to share these books with my three boys.

Hello, Redlaven! Since you haven't finished the series yet, I caution you to avoid the book discussion forums. The social groups are fun and relatively safe as far as book spoilers.

I'm mostly in the White Tower and Warders group although I do belong to others. You can join as many as you wish. FYI, you won't have access to all areas of a social group until you decide to join. If I can be of help, please ask.

We are happy to have you.

Hi all! My name is Josh and it seems as if I read the series so long ago! I like to reread it every one or two years though, from start to finish. I think that Perrin is my favourite character, though Lan is definitely up there.

I haven't really been through the forums yet or anything but I'm hoping there's some amazing RP opportunities here! I look forward to interacting with all of you!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but not new to Dragonmount or the books of which i've read some 27 times the whole series except the last book I read it once. I was so disappointed about the ending of that wonderful series but I am going to try to re read it all again. I wish they would re write the ending to better tell the whole story and close a lot of the things out instead of just leaving it all open to imagination. I love this series just didn't like the ending. I wish they would make movies based on all these wonderful books. I sure miss Mr. Jordan and his writing. His style was Tolkiennish to me and I love Tolkien. I hope you all a blessed day and will try to watch that movie on FX tonight to see what they have come up with. laymarion

Hi all, long time fan of the series since I picked up a copy of Eye of the World in a second hand bookstore about 12 years ago, and since then read and re-read all of the series before the releases of each new book. Was delighted when Brandon Sanderson was asked to finish the series as there were only so many authors who could do the final book (well... what became three books) justice!

Saw FB posts re. the TV show on late last night and it piqued my interest (though without a TV subscription I shall have to wait to watch it at a friends) and led me to this lovely forum.

Of course I just popped back in because of the news regarding the sacreligious pilot...

Now, I'll probably go back and re-read the series, see what I think of the ending after having a bit of a break from WoT for a year or so. I've been mostly writing with my spare time, so another run through WoT will freshen me up and maybe give me some inspiration to forge on with what will hopefully be the next great fantasy series (haha, yeah right!)

Hi!! Ive visited the site a few times and decided to finally join. Ive only read the first five books so far but love the series. I currently rotate reading between three separate series and authors so im sure I have a few more years of reading this. I live in the Michigan love to read and write and hope someday to share these books with my three boys.

Hi all! My name is Josh and it seems as if I read the series so long ago! I like to reread it every one or two years though, from start to finish. I think that Perrin is my favourite character, though Lan is definitely up there.

I haven't really been through the forums yet or anything but I'm hoping there's some amazing RP opportunities here! I look forward to interacting with all of you!

Welcome to DM!

We're usually a bit more organised but the Drama of the Pilot Episode has created such a flood of posts that a few features have had to be disabled temporarily (I think). If something isn't working properly, or is confusing you, just shout and we'll try to help.

By shout I mean post at the Bugs board, or send one of us Staff type people a Private Message by hovering your mouse over our names and clicking on the appropriate pop up thingy.

SO MANY NEW PEOPLE

At least some good came out of that "pilot"

Hello, I'm a reader from Ecuador. I knew about this saga because of a friend of mine. Now I'm finishing The Dragon Reborn. BTW, reading in pdf, I haven't found the real ones in my country.

My fav characters by now are Nynaeve, Lan, Loial, Perrin and Faile :D Mat is like a big headache!

Oooooo Ecuador.... Reading PDF versions of such a long story must be so exhausting for your eyes!!!

Haha I agree about Matt in the early books. Don't worry; he grows up a bit. He became one of my favorite characters and I couldn't stand him at first!

Like everything tied up with a bow, huh? A little more closure for such a long saga... Maybe the Companion will give us what we want!

There's also a version of it on youtube--I know the link were floating around the FB groups I'm in and it's also in this thread if you're interested. I had a friend (who knows nothing from the series apart from what I've babbled to him) watch it with me just for moral support :P 

I need to apologize to you and all of the other DMers from Australia--my brain just went "AH another Weasley!" XD there's a few other DM Aussies around here (I'm friends with a few of them which probably why my brain was comfortable saying that) 

Welcome to the site! Beware of spoilers! Do you live in the glove or UP?

What about Perrin do you like? Do you prefer early Perrin or late Perrin.

We do indeed have RP Groups. Go to the main forum page and scroll down a ways and you'll find the RP section!

Hello, Lady and Luke! Welcome to Dragonmount. Please look around and check out the social groups. Lots of fun stuff going on there!

Thank you  so much. It's such a pleasure to be here. Thank you for the warm welcome. lady

Hi I made that comment about wishing that the last book had tied up some loose ends that seemed left open and on FB I came under a lot of fire for that opinion. I hope it doesn't bother anyone here I love love love the books I was just expecting more from that last one. You know like with LOTR's I wanted to see the battle of the Shire after Frodo and Co went back and who Tom Bombadil was. :-) You know when something is as good as these books you never want the story to end. I hope I do get to read the companion book. I did not know there was one out? If anyone knows the name of it please let me know. I'm also getting to read some add on by a fan that is pretty good and it ties up some loose ends too though it is not in book form yet I don't think I really liked it. And by the way i was glad to see the pilot just for the thought that it brought the interest to these books to the forefront and let the entertainment people know how much people love the books and want to see more ......... I love it and hope it will come out big time. :-)

There are a lot of people here dissatisfied with the last book. You are not alone! I really wanted the prequel between New Spring and Eye of the World.

I think the pilot just made us all want more WoT. :)

Edited by Ryrin

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I was a little disappointed with the last book, too. I think the whole Mat/Fain thing fizzled and, to be honest, I don't like how Rand's storyline concluded.

One thing that really disappointed me was...I don't think enough characters died.

Egwene's death was awesome, and there could have been more of that. All 3 boys surviving? Didn't like that.

Edited by Asha'man Handsome

What about Perrin do you like? Do you prefer early Perrin or late Perrin.
We do indeed have RP Groups. Go to the main forum page and scroll down a ways and you'll find the RP section!

Well, I like that Perrin is a fuzzy fellow! Perrin is a lot like me. I'm a rather large fellow who likes to think about what he's doing before just jumping into the action, though I am capable of doing so when the need arises. I think that I prefer late Perrin, though, as he very much comes into his own. I'm also a sucker for axes and hammers and when I used to travel with a Re-enactment group to different Ren Faires my favourite thing was blacksmithing. Basically I felt closest to Perrin in terms of the characters in the book. While I greatly enjoy the entire ensemble, Perrin will always be my favourite.

I've seen the RP boards, I just haven't had time yet to delve into them further! Looking forward to doing so!