New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hoppy546

Hi guys. Im new to dragonmount and to forums really i started reading WoT after i read GoT and loved it!! I am currently reading reading book 7 first post just to say Hi really!! Ahhh!! Im waffling!!

Hi all!

I started reading the books about 10 years ago in high school, and played the Wheel of TIme MUD (WOTMUD) almost as long. I have been browsing the wotwiki a lot and it made me nostalgic here, especially since I found out about River of Souls.

I could never really get into stuff like GoT, but WoT holds a big place in my heart.

• 1 month later...
Guest TauntingIshamael

New to the site, but a fan since I was seven. I've re-read this series nearly six times, and have still forgotten more than I remember. Robert Jordan was one of the reasons I began writing, and I've recently begun toying with the idea of contacting his family to learn if they'd be willing to allow anyone to write more in his world. I'd love to expand on Seanchan and offer more stories to those of us that fell in love with TWoT. I hope to enjoy this site, and perhaps find some people to collaborate on stories or possibilities. So I hope to hear from all the others that loved TWoT and Robert Jordan's world. Glad to be here, finally.

Welcome, to DM.  Please enjoy your stay and join as many groups as you find appealing.  However, Robert Jordan's estate has made it clear they do not want anyone writing in his world.  Fan Fiction here is prohibited.

I suggest maybe you visit our role play area where you can create your own character in the WoT.

• 5 months later...
Guest Alaskan Erin

Also a long time fan...first time on site. I grew up with WOT, and I'm soooo sad it's over =( I got MoL the day it was released, and was finished with it that night. I've tried my best to maintain, but I cannot haha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Snaks'nFoxes.

Please check out our social groups. Really, there is a lot more to see once you have chosen to join a group. Many boards will remain hidden until you are a member.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings and salutations to all. I'm guessing the reason im here would be somewhat similar to the existing members ( to find other people whom have been so enthralled and absorbed with wot. im sick of not being able to discuss the series, get others interpretations on specific events or even hear others thoughts on the ending.)

Also, in an age where books are being adapted for the silver screen, the magic of immersing oneself completely in a journey played out entirely within the confines of ones understanding of semantics, the ability to then use the individual and unique power of imagination to almost make the story and more important ,the characters come to life.

I am not very tech savvy but seem to cope well enough. Nor have i partaken in role-playing games so will need a bit of instruction in how said games work. I learn quickly and have all the determination and pigheadedness that runs rampant in the two rivers.

Give me a day or two to get my head around things and i will be an avid active member with hopes to contribute to this conglomerate of information, stories and the need to live and breathe The Wheel Of Time.

Time to toss the dice........

Greetings and salutations to all. I'm guessing the reason im here would be somewhat similar to the existing members ( to find other people whom have been so enthralled and absorbed with wot. im sick of not being able to discuss the series, get others interpretations on specific events or even hear others thoughts on the ending.)

Also, in an age where books are being adapted for the silver screen, the magic of immersing oneself completely in a journey played out entirely within the confines of ones understanding of semantics, the ability to then use the individual and unique power of imagination to almost make the story and more important ,the characters come to life.

I am not very tech savvy but seem to cope well enough. Nor have i partaken in role-playing games so will need a bit of instruction in how said games work. I learn quickly and have all the determination and pigheadedness that runs rampant in the two rivers.

Give me a day or two to get my head around things and i will be an avid active member with hopes to contribute to this conglomerate of information, stories and the need to live and breathe The Wheel Of Time.

Time to toss the dice........

Hello all!  I'm Lynn and am on book 7, and have been searching for the "right" place to discuss and read of this most excellent body of work.    I hail from Robert Jordan's state (SC) and quite familiar with his native Charleston and other things RJ...may he rest peacefully in shade.  

I basically love spoilers which is another reason I feel I will quite enjoy it here.  I'm actually the opposite of tech savvy/knowledgeable; but I don't care. lol  Holding a book (not a Kindle) in my hands is one of the joys of my life (and yes! I do other things :tongue:  ) , as is being able to discuss a book...which is why I find myself here.  

There is a character (female) that is part of Rand's team; but, Light help me I can just barely stomach her...although I will admit to being quite chipper when she is sea-sick.  (hint hint) 

I wanted to stop and introduce myself, so if anybody sees me posting from time to time, y'all won't be surprised.  

Oh...and in case y'all can't tell...I'm Green Ajah.  

Welcome to DM !!!

Book 7, that's great :biggrin:

You're Green ? Then you must come visit the White Tower (either the Social Group, either in the RP section) !

I have a RP character there you just got raised to the Greens :wink:

Now, tell me what is your fav character ?

Welcome to DM !!!

Book 7, that's great :biggrin:

You're Green ? Then you must come visit the White Tower (either the Social Group, either in the RP section) !

I have a RP character there you just got raised to the Greens :wink:

Now, tell me what is your fav character ?

Hi!  I'm still trying to figure out to navigate the site here.  Where do I find the Social Groups?  I would love to visit the White Tower...hopefully the Amyrlin Seat isn't Red.  :ohmy:

Aside from loving Rand (of course), you can tell by what I added above my (empty thus far) avatar Mat is my favorite. :bandredhand:  As far as females go, I like Elayne, Aviendha and especially Birgitte :birgitte: .  I admire Egwene but there is just something within her that gives me a slight case of the heebee jeebeeies.  However, I sort of like being scared from time to time.  

I've never participated in any real RP... only in my own head.  

Do not hesitate to ask us any question you may have if you have difficulties to navigate the site :)

(Very good choice of characters *nods* :biggrin:)

If you click on Sooh's second link, u'll arrive immediately in the White Tower Social Group :happy:

Hi!  I'm still trying to figure out to navigate the site here.  Where do I find the Social Groups?  I would love to visit the White Tower...hopefully the Amyrlin Seat isn't Red.  :ohmy:

*cackles*  .... :biggrin: