DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Thanks Theodora and Aidanna for the welcome, I will be sure to explore the social groups. Theo, I'm glad to find another constant re-reader. Looking forward to the new mistborn trilogy.

I'm sure the questions will come to me once I start reading group rules.

Shane, a New Spring is a perfect short-read between books 3-4. It really fleshes out a few main characters and informs their actions in the series. I just finished reading it again last week!

Edited by GoldeneyesND

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Theodora and Aidanna for the welcome, I will be sure to explore the social groups. Theo, I'm glad to find another constant re-reader. Looking forward to the new mistborn trilogy.

I'm sure the questions will come to me once I start reading group rules.

Shane, a New Spring is a perfect short-read between books 3-4. It really fleshes out a few main characters and informs their actions in the series. I just finished reading it again last week!

I think most of us end up re-reading a lot! I haven't read them all yet because I am doing a re-read  :wink: They really are such great books! I guess I have been so wrapped up though, I really had NO idea there was a new mistborn trilogy...  :huh:

Well, I look forward to hopefully seeing you around!

Well, he only wrote that the 29th - I am glad I wasn't that far behind the news  :wink:

I think that's awesome - I loved the Mistborn books so far! And I can't resist saying I am so excited for stormlight 2!

Thanks for sharing that!

Edited by Aidanna

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Mi'talrythin Mathar

Greetings,

New to both the series and forum -- am finishing The Eye of the World up, just thought I'd take a look into this community

Oh we have two newbies! *rubs hands*

Generally DM (Dragonmount) is separated in RP (Role-Playing) part where members create characters as per WoT (The Wheel of Time) and DM rules and role-play with the characters of other members. The second part of DM are the SG (social groups) where members are themselves - we joke, play games, have serious discussions but little-to-none RP. You could join more than one society, even join all of them. For example a man could go to the WhiteTower and become and Aes Sedai in the Social Groups

vice versa, I am a woman and training to become an Asha'man in the Black Tower

It's a fun and friendly community, just make sure your posts are PG13, rating just like the movie one.

Mi'talrythin Mathar, quite an interesting name. I envy you sincerely, as after several re-reads of it, I wish I didn't know what happened next, so I could enjoy it anew. This is the best series in the world and I am happy that new people find it and are not scared of the number of pages. I suggest that you avoid the Wheel of Time discussion boards until you read The Eye of the World and then participate in only the Structured discussion of the first book. This is to avoid spoilers. You could visit the discussions which are related to RL (Real Life) other fantasy, movies, games, etc.

A lot of the activities around the SC are not WoT related (games, discussions, Mafia games), so you could freely participate.

By the way, interesting name, what does it mean and how could we call you in short?

Paetram, you know the deal, maybe explore a little to see what changed. We use shorter names here - like I am Thea, or Dora, how to call you? Also, please tell us something more about which societies you were part of. For example, the BT will start a new class soon, you could drop by: http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/67430-new-and-returning-members-sign-up-here/?p=2165840

Thea - Paet works, and when I was on here before I didn't join any of the societies, I didn't even know those were on here. I honestly got on here originally because I had absolutely no one to talk to about WoT. Then I moved to Colorado, and ended up working with quite a few people who read the series, and my appetite for discussion was sated, so I just kind of stopped coming on here. With the series having ended, and me and all of my friends having moved, I now have a need for discussion. Having looked around a little more, I have now put in to join the Wolfkin and will look to join others as time goes on.

Hello, Paet. Welcome back. There is a lot going in the social groups and you can join as many as you wish. FYI, you cannot see all of the boards in the White Tower and Warders until you join...not sure if the other groups work that way. I would advise you let Verbal know you have created a new account because you cannot remember your email.

Welcome, also, Mi'talrythin. I started the series about 3 years ago and have been here for 2 years. I always hoped we would have new readers here. Theo already warned you about spoilers in the discussion forums. I envy you your new journey through the books. I've done retreads and likely always will but the first time through is such an amazing experience.

If you need any help just ask. :)

Edited by Ryrin

Hello Paet - what part of Colorado did you live in? I am from Colorado, but I don't really know many people here who read this series. I used to be a part of the website a really long time ago, and then came back too - lot's has changed, but I think you will like it :wink: 

Hello Mi'talrythin, welcome to DM!!! I'm sure you will have a blast here - it's fun to make friends and meet people who share the same interests in you. Join some social groups and meet people. I belong to the Band of the Red Hand, The Ogier, The White Tower and Black Tower groups - hopefully I will see you there! If you don't want spoilers since you are so new to the series, I would recommend only joining threads in the structured Wheel of TIme discussion- and only stick with the book threads after you read each one. 

I'm glad you both are here, and I hope you have a blast. 

Danders - you live in Springs?! And you found a group in Denver?! That's so cool! I seriously didn't know that!! 

And I have to put in another plug for the Band of the Red Hand and the White Tower groups - the Band is a seriously fun, casual group where I spend the most of my time and the next biggest group for me is the White Tower (where I spend the rest of the majority of my time)- we have our own DM fantasy convention actually coming up, and it's going to be super fun!!! Hope to see you both there! 

Danders - if you have any questions just let me know :smile: