DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Guest ErikPierce

Hey, just joined Dragonmount! To be honest I haven't finished reading the series yet, but am quickly becoming a HUGE fan. I'm just about done with book seven and can't wait to get to the rest. I'm currently deployed  to Afghanistan with not much to do and the series takes up most of my free time, so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me pretty regularly. Just figured I'd say hi to everyone.

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, just joined Dragonmount! To be honest I haven't finished reading the series yet, but am quickly becoming a HUGE fan. I'm just about done with book seven and can't wait to get to the rest. I'm currently deployed  to Afghanistan with not much to do and the series takes up most of my free time, so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me pretty regularly. Just figured I'd say hi to everyone.

Hi Erik, Welcome! I'm ASG.

I just joined in December but there is much to do to keep you busy. Aside from the front page theory blog, there are tons of discussions about the book, and other fantasy. And the Social Groups are great as well. I'm in the White Towers/Warders Social Group ( and it's the best ... :biggrin: ) but snoop around and see what you like. Right now our Warders Guild is doing a great event called Knightmare ... It's in the WT/W Social Group Forum ... Just click on the Tar Valon tab/link and come have some fun! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for your service.  My son is in the AF but stateside.  I'm glad you are finding time to read.  The series is incredible.  Welcome.

Guest LaVisa Del Cooper

Just started reading the first book. Recommended by my son. Looking forward to it. I work nights so ill be reading mostly after work. Im in the first chapter. Glad to find this forum. Greetings to all from Tennessee

Just started reading the first book. Recommended by my son. Looking forward to it. I work nights so ill be reading mostly after work. Im in the first chapter. Glad to find this forum. Greetings to all from Tennessee

I hope you enjoy the read! I think I could speak for the whole community here and say; you're bound to love it!

Hello I just started the series a couple of months ago and have become an avid fan. I thought I'd join the dragonmount community as I kept finding all the useful info for every book in the series. :)

Hello, I'm in the process of senting up my profile and wish to change my avatar pic from the one used by Gravatar. Everytime I try to upload a pic nothing happens. The pic is not there to crop and even if I click done the pic does not change. I checked to make sure the custom pic was checked. TT.TT what am I doing wrong, oh forum gods....

Hmmmm - it could be the image type perhaps? DM only likes gifs, bmps and jpgs I thinks. I just save the image on my pooter and then go search for it and clickety click. I've never encountered this issue. I think avatars have to be 100 x 100 pixels.

I see you do have an avatar picture though so maybe you have already fixed this. In which case - welcome to DM :smile:

I just discovered that it has to be hosted. It won't take anything directly off my computer which sucks. Thank you for the welcome though. I'm so excited to be floating around here now.

I have one- it's just a pain to get into (I always seem to forget the password and user name on there)... No clue as to why it has to be hosted. I tried to get the same image off the computer that I ended up being able to use while hosted. It's just weird...

Guest TheRoyalYouth

Hey all! I have just started over these books having gotten to Book 5 about 4 years ago and then stopping because of finals. It's been too long so I am excited to say I'm back! Just finished the eye and can't wait to see this epic drama unfold again.

Welcome Whisper and Royal :)

It's great to have new Members. Are there any parts of our Forum that particularly take you interest? We have Discussion Boards - both general and specifically for the WoT books. And if you would just like to get to know other WoT fans we have quite a few Social Groups - and even our RP Groups if you would like to immerse yourself in Randland.

Feel free to ask questions and I hope to see you around :)

Edited by Ithillian

Guest Banglorien

Hello! Delighted to finally be able to join the board after months of willing myself not to snoop for fear of spoilers! I started the series for the first time in December on the recommendation of a friend and finished aMoL a few days ago. Its been a whirlwind 5 months of reading and hopefully this site will help me overcome the withdrawal I already feel :) 

Welcome Banglorien. I'm glad you decided to join :) Maybe the first step to helping you with your withdrawal would be to post a Thread all of your own - and then we can all chat and say hello.

And if not, go poke about the Threads and see what you can find. We have discussions about WoT, discussions about not WoT, Social and RP Groups - so there is plenty to feed your cravings.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to all,

I just finished A Memory of Light last night.  I tried going from A New Spring forward but stopped after book 7 as I could not wait any longer.  I am a teacher in Arizona and have started to introduce the WoT series in my classroom.  I teach 5th grade so I have only had a couple of takers so far.  I love the site and thank you for letting me in. :)

Guest Simon Charman

Howdy all just finished AMoL recently and feeling empty so finding somewhere to express my WoT addiction

Hello to all,

I just finished A Memory of Light last night.  I tried going from A New Spring forward but stopped after book 7 as I could not wait any longer.  I am a teacher in Arizona and have started to introduce the WoT series in my classroom.  I teach 5th grade so I have only had a couple of takers so far.  I love the site and thank you for letting me in. :)

Howdy all just finished AMoL recently and feeling empty so finding somewhere to express my WoT addiction

Welcome to both of you!  Do you have any questions about the site?  I'd recommend checking out the social groups.  You will meet a lot of great people there.  Always feel free to stop by one and ask what they are about.

Guest al'Jen Loialssen

Hello, 16 year old red-headed Brit, started reading the series about 6 weeks ago and fell in love :D Finished EotW and reading tGH :) I'm a singer songwriter and Im hoping to use some references to WoT in my songs :) I prefer it to LotR ;) ...and I love smilies :D