New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HeavierThanAMountain

Greetings, all. I've just joined.

I started reading The Wheel of Time seventeen years ago; I wasn't much more than a child. I think it is fair to say that the story has shaped the very core of my character.

Hi everyone!

I started reading WoT over 10 years ago and "found" those books again last summer, when I had some spare time on holiday. It's so much fun to re-read it all again and notice how differently I see them now..

Just found this site and enjoyed your conversations so much I decided to join. :smile:

Edited by Eve~

Guest Mazi66Star

Hey...I am totally new here...I started reading the books and they are of course brilliant! But had to stop because of school. And plus when I read I like getting in to the story so I couldn't read with so many interruptions...then I got to reading smaller shorter books, that are brilliant in their own. But I'm hoping to replace my old WoT books (they're a bit worse for wear) and start again...I think I stoped in book 6 or 7 last...but here's hoping I can catch up!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I play the Wheel of Time d20 game and began reading the series a little over a year ago. So far (I'm only up to book seven) its one of the best fantasy series I have ever had the pleasure to read. I was looking for an awesome Wheel of Time site and this one caught my eye so here I am...

Guest FizbansTalking_Hat

I've been reading fantasy novels since I was old enough to read. To give a taste of the types of authors I'm into: Terry Brooks, George R.R. Martin, Gene Wolfe, Guy Gavriel Kay, Tad Williams, Robin Hobb, and many more.

I've come to Jordan fairly late in life but I'm loving his attention to detail and the world he's built.

I look forward to posting.

Cheers.

Edited by FizbansTalking_Hat

Merry Meet. I am Lilith Lanfear.

You may call me by my first or last name as you prefer. I have been a fan of the books for many years and recently stumbled across this site. I was quite pleased to learn that I was not the only one who was borderline obsessed (did I say borderline?) with the Wheel of Time, as I had previously been led to believe. I lok forwarding to meeting new people and checking out the community.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I guess I am a noob since I only started reading the books in August this year. I have AMOL on preorder and feel conflicted. I want to find out how this epic journey ends but don't want it to ever end! Alas all good things must come to an end. This series impressed me so much I actually joined this forum. I ghost on quite a few forums(don't even register usually). However, I feel it shows the depth of my addiction that have actually signed up for a forum. I need a WOT fix regularly even sleep.is taking a back seat X_X. As youcansee from my wonderful typing!

Guest phatman5766

I was handed the eye of the world on my way to ISS (in school suspension) in 1994, my 10th grade yr. I've been hooked since the end of the 5th chapter of the first book. Can't wait till jan, 8th 2013, if 12/21/12 is the end of all things, maybe the good lord will see fit to provide us with a copy whereever we may end up...lol

New member but I have been coming to dragonmount for years....this is an adiiction well a medicinal addiction since my foster dad first handed me the wot in 92...I was 10 and it took me 3 months to read....my life has been hard and though not much good has came my way ...this man robert jordan threw me the life preserver that saved me from drowning in the floods of my misfortune and strife...truely I'm greatfull

Guest davidwboyd62

Just signed up today. Have been reading the WOT for over 20 years now. Was given a copy of the EOTW by a fellow college student back in 1990(or so) and was immediately hooked! This has been the best fantasy series that I have ever had the pleasure to read. I have recently read the Game of Thrones series and liked it, but in no way does it compare to the scope and immagination of R.Jordan. Just finished the prologe of AMOL and can't wait for the Final publication, although I, like so many others, it seems, will be sorry to see the series end. Almost wish there were going to be other stories, after the Dark One has been sealed back up. But wait, we don't know for sure that that's what's going to happen.