DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Guest Damo667

Hiya everyone. I'm new to the world of WoT. If I'm honest I was first attracted to the series when i saw how cool they all looked lined up on the shelf in my local bookstore! I picked up book 6 at random, opened it to a random page somewhere in the middle and read it. I instantly recognised it as something that I would love so bought the whole series there and then! I'm a spontaneous kind of guy! That was three days ago and I'm almost through book one.I'm looking forward to reading the rest and chatting with all you guys on here!

Damian xx :flamingsword:

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading the series since there was only one book out, one of those that waited 2 and 3 years for each new book in the series.I first picked up TEOTW because it was a big book, I was so tired of small little books that I finished in 1 day , didn't know there would be sequels until I finished the book and read the adver on the back pages.I figured ok I've read trilogies and book series before, that kinda intrigues me. Had no idea I would be waiting twenty years to finish it. I'd like to say it's been simply amazing,WOT is IMO the best fantasy story that has ever been told. Jordan has built a world more complete,with more detail than any author I've ever read. Since I decided early to re-read the series before each new book comes out, I've probably read some of the early books 20 or more times,and although the surprise is gone I still find myself enraptured by Jordans world with each reading. The release of AMoL will be bittersweet to me, I want to know the end of our characters stories, yet I dread the series being over, to never have that thrill of each new book, of having this wonderful story expanded, of the discoveries over each new hill, makes me sad.

• 2 weeks later...

Fellow Wheel of Time fans,

My name is William Vaughn. I returned safely home from a 12 month deployment in Afghanistan last year (Army). Since then I have moved into a house and I am well under way pursuing a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Game Production @ International Academy of Design and Technology in Seattle, WA. I learned about this site via news articles linking to it about Red Eagle Games/Red Eagle Entertainment LLC, Electronic Arts Inc, and Obsidian Entertainment working together on a Wheel of Time game for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3, though they say it will be multiple games. One of these three companies is my target employment for the next five years. I enter this forum with a charge to my fellow fans and a word of encouragement:

The charge: It is our duty and privilege to generate popularity for the new Wheel of Time games as development continues! We must tell our friends, our family, and taunt our enemies with juicy hype :aiel: about the cutting edge graphics, the epic story-line, and the amazing characters that we will fall in love with all over again when the game finally ships! I challenge myself, and you, my comrades, to do everything in our power to bring this new game's popularity and anticipation to levels surpassing Angry Birds and Star Wars Online! For who can hold a candle to the mighty Lews Therin Telamon and his ageless entourage as they turn the world upside down with the one power?

It took almost getting blown up by incoming rocket attacks for a year in the desert for me to realize what I love to do for a living: make awesome video games. As a soldier I hold this close to my heart: I WILL ALWAYS PLACE THE MISSION FIRST. I WILL NEVER ACCEPT DEFEAT. I WILL NEVER QUIT. I WILL NEVER LEAVE A FALLEN COMRADE. It has occurred to me that I must take making video games as seriously or my heart will never be fully in it. Therefore, if I have the opportunity to be a part of this revolution:

:flamingsword: I WILL ALWAYS PLACE WHEEL OF TIME: NEW VIDEO GAME FIRST (after my wife :rolleyes:)

:flamingsword: I WILL NEVER ACCEPT SUB-PAR GRAPHICS OR GAMEPLAY

:flamingsword: I WILL NEVER QUIT EMOTIONALLY ON ANY PART OF THIS GAME DOWN TO THE WAY THE BLADES OF GRASS RUSTLE IN THE WIND AND THE GOD RAYS BEAM FROM THE SUN IN THE SKY THROUGH MIST AND FOG

:flamingsword: I WILL NEVER LEAVE A PORTION OF THIS GAME UNFINISHED AND UNWORTHY OF MR JORDAN'S MEMORY AND BLESSING.

Dedicated to the Legacy of James Oliver Rigney, Jr. (October 17, 1948 – September 16, 2007) :wheel:

Hello everyone. Not the most social of people, but I just wanted to greet you all. Love The Wheel of Time and Robert Jordan. Now Reading The Fires of Heaven again....:)

Hi Neowindu. I am also on the Fires of Heaven book, but I am listening to the audio-book. ***POTENTIAL SPOILER ALERT***Have you passed the part where the wise ones want Aviendha to sleep in Rand's chambers, but not share his blanket roll? I am starting to wonder if she is in the running for his wife (or wives)...

Love the series. Been reading since 1998 or so, even played the CCG back in the day. LOL.

Years later I introduced my wife to it and then we got her sister and our other sister in law to read. We love having theory and story arc discussions and I look forward to the forum threads. I am not an artist but I LOVE fan art and am excited to see what others have done.

Hello everyone,

I’ve started reading WoT a long time ago, but I didn’t have enough time to finish all the books that were published. Now I’ve decided to start all over again and I’m enjoying them even more than I did the first time.

I hope I can finally find out how to pronounce all the names. My mother tongue is not English so I have many troubles with that. I’ll probably make spelling mistakes; anyway I’ll try my best.

Hey everyone! I've been a fan of WOT for about 7 or 8 years. I had a friend introduce me to the series. I decided to join the forums because I need people that I can talk to about the series. I've tried to get people into the series here but to no avail. I need someone to dork out with when it comes to the series. I've listened to all of the books at least 3 times. I used to have a job where I was able to listen to my radio all day and I pretty much spent my time listening to this series and the Dark Tower series. This series has quickly become my all time favorite books. My favorite scene is Mat, Thom, and Noal going to the Tower of Genji. You'll have to bare with me when it comes to spelling, as I've said I've only really listened to the books, I've hardly read them. Well I think I've rambled enough for now, time to start reading some posts!!! Thank you to everyone for making such a cool forum for people like me!!!

Hello everyone,

I’ve started reading WoT a long time ago, but I didn’t have enough time to finish all the books that were published. Now I’ve decided to start all over again and I’m enjoying them even more than I did the first time.

I hope I can finally find out how to pronounce all the names. My mother tongue is not English so I have many troubles with that. I’ll probably make spelling mistakes; anyway I’ll try my best.

Might I suggest investing into the audiobook versions of the series. If you go to www.Audible.com and sign up for one of their plans you will save a ton of money, and if you decide to quit with them you can still use all of the books that you've purchased through them.

Well I am not sure where to start. I like to talk about myself, my family, school, Robert Jordan, Lord of the Rings, and so many other things. I do not mid talking about almost anything and I have some health issues so I do not get out a lot to socialize so I tend to me really wordy in posts and talking to people online, my mother says I’ve lost my ability to know when to not talk and let someone else. Online is sometimes easier because you can look at things more stop and go than waiting in real life to see if you can talk…so in real life sometimes I over run people by jabbering away. I am currently enrolled in school online pursuing my BA in Psychology to help people like myself with major life illnesses, and their families, by working with them as a counselor/therapist and helping them deal with their situations offering more than just a ear. I want to offer ways to cope and communicate with others, as well as themselves, because it is easy to close down or not talk or deal with a situation where an illness is involved and sometimes it is hard for others to really understand. I am hoping as someone who has dealt with and still dealing with her own chronic illness I will be able to better understand the patients needs, their family needs and how to offer hope and guidance so they can live a more fulfilled life, just because you have a chronic illness does not mean you have to stop living.

I love Robert Jordan, I fell in love with the paperback of The Eye of the World in a little country store in the boonies one summer while visiting my grandparents after graduating high school. Needless to say, it was the only interesting book to me on the rack and the only copy so I suppose it was meant to be and just for me. I was instantly hooked and finished the book in three days. I was eager to get back to town, city of Tuscaloosa, as soon as I could so I could go to Waldenbooks and see if the next book was out. I proceeded to get the books all in hardback form from that point on also getting the first book in hardback. However, I would finish them way too fast unable at times to put them down until I was finished and wanting the next one so desperately I couldn’t stand myself. I became a Robert Jordan WoT junkie, lol! I had also introduced my parents and sister to him though my sister was still more into romance novels at that point to really appreciate the series. She would later get as hooked as we were but by that time I believe Jordan was working on another series as well and ill also which was not well known so it was causing delays in the books being published in a timely manner as they had been. So my parents shelved him and decided they would wait and re-read them all when he finished the series, well next year the series will be finished even though Jordan is now gone. I think they still intend to go back and re-read the five books they have and have read and get the others but I am not positive. I want to dig mine out from downstairs where I believe they are and begin rereading them. I do not usually re-read books because I have a very good memory and most stories, poems, songs, etc I can almost recall verbatim. I want to re-read Lord of the Rings series as well and can hardly wait for October this year when The Hobbit will be in theatres. I stopped reading them in like 2003 I know I read through book 7 but stopped not far into book 8 as I was working too much and spending a lot more time online roleplaying WoT and other thing then I became ill. I have rped on many a MU and now play LotrO (Lord of the Rings Online).

My nephew is directly named and called Jordan the story of how is long but was largely influenced by me as was all of my sisters children, we are very close and as I have never married and have no children she helped me pick out all her children’s names and greatly influence her first and third child’s names. So her firstborn wound up beinf called Jordan and though her second by her first marriage is called Garrett not Michael one of the names he has is that for Michael Whelan our favorite artist, her daughter Katherine was named after one of my roleplaying characters. I think I must be very good at naming or helping to name. My brother and his wife have no children but a menagerie with non exotic gaggle of pets…heh….a dachshaund, a cat we know not the parentage of but it gorgeous and a fluffy version of Tom from Tom and Jerry being gray and white marked much like him, two red-eared slider turtles, a bunch of fish in tanks, some tropical some not, and most recently a schnauzer. I did have a cat a calico named Patches I had from kitten and was 10 who passed in January due to liver failure but it was very quick not even a week so she did not suffer much. I miss her a lot but a stray came up and adopted my dad and wouldn’t leave so he became part of our family before my cat passed and perhaps was a good thing as I think it help me cope and adjust to Patches being gone. Sasha is a mess and still young so extremely playful, my dad is his number 1 and me his number 2 mom mom says but he loves and spends a lot of time with her too. As loving as Patches but he doesn’t meow much that was one thing Patches’ did that was annoying is when getting her a treat or food she went into overdrive meow mode. Otherwise she was the perfect cat for me, much alike me than I ever could have thought in her need for love and affection and constantly hovering over me like a mom…again much like me. I tend to mother everyone….even my mom and dad, my siblings, nephews, grandmother, pets, friends, people I meet, I cannot seem to not care about people or want to advise them in good ways, I try not to go too far but I cannot help wanting to help and protect….everyone.

Well that is a lot about me and much introduction, I think you see I have no fear of talking or sharing and I have many interests one of the most active over the years being all things WoT and Robert Jordan. Yes, I know that is only a pen name but that is who he is to me. There are some listed interests in my profile but a real about me is yet to be done.

~Arli

Hey all! Glad to finally join DM. Been a fan of WoT for a long time...longer than cell phones. Now I have most of them on my Smartphone. Two questions -

1. When I typed in my verification to determine I am real, and not a cyborg, I answered that WoT's original author was James Rigsby, but was denied. What gives?

2. I have a friend whose son had a small speaking part as one of Lan's soldiers in the movie version of A New Spring. It was being shot here in ATL. What happened to it? Was the idea scrapped with the passing of Jim Rigsby? Is his precious wife planning to continue (I hope)?

OZ

Hi all

New to this forum.

I've read most of the Wheel books, but am now mostly interested in David Weber's SAFEHOLD series.

I may not have much to say here as it's been a long time since I've read my Wheel Of Time stories.

Wish everyone lots of luck here !!

R

Hello all. I am new in the sense that it has been an eternity since I was last a member of DM. I really do miss it here and will try to restablish myself one way or the other.

Does anyone know /knew someone that went by "Ren" or "Brenda" on here? I cannot recall enough info in my poor brain for specifics. I was her Warder (do not remember the Aes Sedai name) but mine was Bane.

I am very interested in coming back and to reconnecting with her.

I started to read The Wheel Of Time when I was still in high school staying up late when I should of been sleeping, several years had passed before I took up the series again. I was still able to recall most of the major events in the first several volumes that I had read. Now that I am eagerly waiting for the last volume I have gone back and started to reread the series. I am catching many of the undertones that I missed while first reading the series.

Greetings and Salutions. I would like to introduce myself. I've been reading the WoT books since Lord of Chaos came out when a friend recommended it to me and I have been reading the forums on this site since TGS came out, but I have finally relented and joined and I have to say it is very refreshing to come here and read the many questions and answers that are listed in these forums. I think that most of the posts on here actually help in terms of answering questions that I did not realize I had until they were asked, well anyways before I go on being long-winded, I am Darthsquelch and I am a WoT junkie. :)