DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

Guest Revan6306

Hey all, looking forward to being a part of the Dragonmount community! Waiting eagerly for the epic finale to come out!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello!! I have spent the last 11 months in Afghanistan as a Combat Engineer for the U.S. Army and borrowed Book 1 from a friend in my platoon who insisted I give it a go. I am glad I did as the series gave me something to look forward to and a place to escape the busy lifestyle of war. I am looking forward to meeting like minded people and to discuss the WoT series. Thank you for this opportunity.

HI all!!! Im Dicetosser Dice for short. Welcome to DM!!!

Can i suggest you hit the introduce yourself page start up a hi I am .... thread so that everyone can welcome you and answer any questions you have?? its probably better then doing it here where it might get a tad confusing!

You can of course hit the boards any time you choose but asking a couple of questions first might stop ure head exploding!!

I'll see you in your threads I hope!!!!

Have been scared to look at anything on the internet in case I read anything that give the story away so have finally finished all the books thus far and am madly scanning the internet now.

Any recommendations ? I guess I 'll have a look around here first

ok so i missed a bunch of you!!

jtower AWESOME sig bro!!! will i be seeing you at the Band??

Arlinna WOW!!! just WOW!!!!!!!!! you might wanna check out the Black tower where all of DMs spamaholics reside!!

MANOFMANETHERAN CAN I CALL YOU MoM??? :tongue: LOC was goode but there is MUCH better to come....you and any who havent finished the books might wanna stay away from the discussion boards theres TONS of spoilers there...

Oz...thats cause u got it wrong bro! :( its James Oliver Rigney, Jr. but he wrote it as Robert Jordan. undone by spelling im afraid shakes head

Penance I suggest you send a PM to Elgee she would be the best one to ask

WKG recomendations for what exactly?

One thing I DO reccomment to ALL of you is to hit the Social orgs (yes im old i still call them orgs) I would particukarly reccommend the Band which is reorginizing and starting new fresh stuff for you to do and the Black tower for any who like to destroy things with Saidin be tainted and spam! Im also a member of the Wolfkin so if Tequila and chilli are ure thing..... and an Ogier for those who want to discuss stuff! Hope to see you all around heaps! feel free to PM me with any questions!

Hello!! I have spent the last 11 months in Afghanistan as a Combat Engineer for the U.S. Army and borrowed Book 1 from a friend in my platoon who insisted I give it a go. I am glad I did as the series gave me something to look forward to and a place to escape the busy lifestyle of war. I am looking forward to meeting like minded people and to discuss the WoT series. Thank you for this opportunity.

Welcome to the forum Allan. I did postal work in Kandahar for 12 months. got back last year. I also started book 1 and finished it after i came home. I'm now on book 6 and still loving it! Thank you for your service to our country. Any random thoughts on the story so far? (gripes, exciting moments where you yell something and everyone looks at you like you're crazy cuz you're getting so excited over a novel, or tear-wrenching moments)

Edited by wvaughn409

Guest To live you must die

Greetings everyone

I am new to this forum and I read all of the books so far

Hope my name is not too much of a spoiler :rolleyes:

Hey everyone! New to the site, but certainly NOT new to the series. Started reading back in 6th grade, roughly 11 years old, and when AMOL is released, I'll be 29 when I finish it. It's been such an amazing ride, reading through the series once a year sine then, whether a new book is released or not. Happy to join the community too!

welcome!!! with a name like that you GOTTA check out the Black tower!!!

Im dice and im an oldtimer around these parts so if you have questions just ask!!

I REALLY suggest you check out the Social Orgs thats where we hang out and play but there are discussion boards and RPs as well!!

So who's ure fav character and what is ure fav scene for them??

welcome!!! with a name like that you GOTTA check out the Black tower!!!

Im dice and im an oldtimer around these parts so if you have questions just ask!!

I REALLY suggest you check out the Social Orgs thats where we hang out and play but there are discussion boards and RPs as well!!

So who's ure fav character and what is ure fav scene for them??

Thanks very much for the kind welcome! I've been absolutely loving the questions and threads so far! I haven't gotten into any social groups yet, but definitely considered the Black Tower as my first choice. While new to this forum, I'm not new to forums in general, nor the series (been reading and re-reading them for roughly 17 of my current 28 years alive), so I'm just like a kid in a candy store :)

Favorite character, isn't that always the million dollar question? :) Hm. I'd have to answer that like this: Favorite Main Character, Favorite Secondary Character, and Favorite Villian -

Main: Rand. RJ did a perfect job of creating a central character that I truly love and care about. Mat's a close second, but after reading the VoG passage and his exploits in ToM, Rand is just the ultimate.

Secondary: Thom. There's a passage I absolutely love that cracks me up every time I read it, but I sadly don't have my books at the moment, so I'll have to quote that later.

Villian: Ishamael/Moridin is a solid choice, with his archetypal dark/brooding nature mixed with philosophy and orchestration of events. Though I also love Ingtar's deception/betrayal, then final redemption in tGH.

Hi! I'm new to the forum, and only a recent convert to WoT, being only currently at book 8. I decided to join now, because my friend (The Bard Babe) wouldn't stop bugging me to join it. I'm totally absorbed in the series, and looking forward to the many twists and turns that lie ahead in wait for me. Hoping to become an active member on the RP and Social Groups. My current book favourites are the Ogier in general as well as the Aiel sense of humour.

Welcome Starrik! Relatively new to DM myself, but this site and it's members have already become quite addicting! Nice callout for the Aiel sense of humor, it's details like giving a removed society nuances like different humor and customs that really give this series it's depth, in my opinion. Many authors could do a decent job of creating visuals the reader could imagine, come up with different dialects and political/romantic intrigue, but things like Aiel humor, Ebou Dar's marriage knives and so on that really take you out of this world and into Randland :)

Anyways, welcome, and hopefully you love it here!

Thanks mate, yeah the immersive depth really makes this series shine. Many others gain depth through expanded fiction, fanfiction and so on and so forth, but WoT really just hands everything to you on a plate! Looking forward to diving into this site.

Guest Wolfs_Bane

HI! I'm completely new to the series and this website!!! WheelofTime13 suggested that I should join since I loved the first book so much!!!:biggrin:

hi everyone!!!!

a friend of BB?? that means another bloody qlder right?? shakes head so will i be seeing you in the Band as well??

Apple glad you found your voice!! come over to the social orgs and play!!

Wolfs Bane?? does this mean you wont be coming and visiting the Wolfkin?

For those of you who havent read the whole series be a bit careful if you venture into the discussions board cause there is every spoiler know to the DO in there!!

But come hang out at the Orgs and have some fun with us!

Ah, dicetosser. I've heard plenty about you and your southerly ways! I may head over to the Band at some point-however much it pains my male ego to say it, BB is rather, uhhh louder and more rough and tumble than I am! At this rate, I might just end up in all of the orgs...

Hello everyone, I just joined here but I have been here as a guest for few weeks and this seems a very interesting place. I'm from Fin(n)land and started the series last year, now I have read them all, also TGS and TOM in English because they aren't published in Finnish. WoT are the best books I have ever read, and I love them and wait eagerly for January! Because I'm Finnish and quite young, my English may not be always correct, but it doesn't seem to matter.