New to Dragonmount?

Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Orolon

Hi, everybody --

I'm new to the site, not the series. I'm joining for a number of reasons, principal among them, I'm rereading the whole WoT in anticipation of Memory of Light, and (please don't take this the wrong way) I'm writing what I hope will basically be a chapter-by-chapter blog about the process or rereading what has been the keystone of my literary lifetime. I'm hoping the community of like-minded (read: similarly rabid) RJ/BS fans will be able to help me out from time to time if I come across something that has always puzzled or distressed me.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know everybody (or trying at least) -- may you always find water and shade!

Well, if there is one thing you will find here it is plenty of theories, counter theories, insightful points of view and outrageous and completely illogical concepts... But always fun.

And while you are here, why not check out the social groups where you can talk with like-minded people who have a more biassed tendency towards one group or another; be it The Band of the Red Hand, The White Tower, The Aiel or whatever.

Give em a go and I think you will like what you find.

Whatever you do I'm sure you will be glad of the day you stumbled upon Dragonmount.

Guest idoreadsometimes

Well, I guess I should introduce myself as a new member. I read the first 12 (including the prequel) WoT books way back in 2006, and am almost done with my second read-through in preparaton for A Memory of Light. Happy to find fellow WoT fans ^^

Hey guys I just joined like two minutes ago. I love the wheel of time. Ever since I discovered it like four to five years ago it is all that I have read. Some might say I have a disease but thats ok. I have visited this site many times mostly for the updates, art, and theories (which are awesome). I decided to join because I wanted to comment. So hello WoT Community.

Guest Carl Brittain

hey everyone, new member here. love the series though, been reading them since i was in sixth grade, about 8 years now. i thank my sixth grade teacher every time i read the books for letting me borrow his Eye of the World book. looking forword to some spirited discussions. and cant wait for the last book to come out.

Hi all and welcome

Trolloc and BJD you might wanna check out the Black tower in the Social Orgs. The Taint abounds there...its even in the Brownies! and we can always use more Shadowspawn even if the stoopid Trolloc union complains

Mah'allenir if d=iscussion are ure thing check out the Discussion boards and jump right in!! But i suggest ALL of you check out the Socials!!

if you have questions dont hesitate! and feel free to PM me if you want!

Guest dragonreborn87

relitivel new to the wheel of tie series, but im loving ever book i read.looking forwad to th lst bok but at thesme time does it have to end?

I started reading Wheel of time in 2003 and finally read all of the books out in 2010. I am not a slow reader I just couldn't be bothered ordering the books from the library so whenever I found the next book in the series in the library bookshelves then I would read it. I tend to read several books at once and more than a few times found myself setting other books aside in favour of the wheel of time series. I discovered Dragonmount a couple of years ago and only just found the podcasts which I must say I love!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rtimpko

Hi Everyone,

I started reading The Wheel of Time earlier this summer. So far I have read Books 1 through 12, but am totally confused as to where to go next to continue the story to the end. I would appreciate any help any of you can give me.

Thanks

Guest James Hatfield

HI all, been a fan since '94 and looking at this website for years but never joined the discussion. Got back from DragonCon and am embracing the conversation. It's been too long since i bandied theories on WoT. :)

Guest THolditch

Hi all, started reading when the second book came out, but lost interest/got worried that I'd never be able to finish it. I started again when Brandon took over the series. Love the books, I am currently on #12 and anxiously looking forward to every word. I just got back from Dragon*Con where I attended every WoT panel I could. It was a blast and I hate that I got in on the tail end of the track but I am looking forward to JordanCon next year.

Guest Avanties

I am a long time fan of the Wheel of Time series, I have been attending wheel of time tracks at Dragon*Con for the last 6 or 7 years. Mat is my favorite character in the series and I am working on a Mat costume for Dragon*Con. Hope to have some great conversations about this series.

Patrick