DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Least Favorite Character

Nynaeve - arrogant, stubborn, arrogant, believes she and all women are superior to all men, she really has no idea to be honest. The fact she still holds onto the fact it is all Moiraine's fault shows really how mind-numbingly stupid she is.

Have you read from A Crown of Swords on?

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Egwene, of course, and Gawyn. Faile is a given, and Perrin is so boring that if he told the Seanchan about his feelings for Faile, they'd up and leave the continent just to have an excuse to awkwardly back away. I kind of hate Melaine, but she's gotten kinda cooler. Elayne annoys me like hell sometimes. Actually, the only good Trakand is Galad. And Tallanvor; I mean, the guy is cool and all, but he just feels like a lapdog for Morgase.

Then there's Valda, of course. And mostly all the aristocracy in the series, and most of the Aes Sedai, with some very noteworthy exceptions; Verin, Moiraine, Suian and Leane mostly.

Eg____, Gawyn, often but not always Elayne.

Basically all of the Foresaken have been horrible, crushing disappointments. Except maybe Moridin, and we don't know one way or the other with him.

Among the more minor characters, I don't find Morgase to be a remotely sympathetic character. I don't like any of our lapdogs, either. That means Domon, Tallanvor, Gill, Noary... And I don't like Juilin either.

I like a lot of characters that get a lot of hate. Including Faile, Berelain, and Galad.

And I feel not much either way about some characters who inspire strong emotions, pro and con, in a lot of other readers. Including Cads, Rhuarc, and Lan.

-Elayne (ugh)

-Tuon (well written character, but I dislike her personality)

-Egwene/Faile (Sorry, I had to :biggrin: )

-Gawyn

-Elaida

-Berelain (yet again, a well written character, but as someone above mentioned, the way she treated Perrin was pretty horrible)

-Morgase

-Be'lal (that guy had SO MUCH potential to be a fantastic character, then he just gets balefired)

Can't remember any more off the top of my head.

Egwene, such a stuck up ignorant little child, WT this, WT that.

Fail, what can I say about Fail. Better to marry a rabid badger. Poor little Perrin, serves him right for getting Hopper killed.

Gawyn, dumb jealous little man. Rand should have slapped him silly ages ago...thus making a real man out of Gawyn instead of a neutered man servant.

Tuon, another stuck up ignorant child, Mat needs to slap some sense into her.

Mat needs to physically abuse a women because she shows traits of being raised in a culture in which she is considered the Empire made flesh. Ermm yeah...

Tuon: Did you say something Toy?

Mat needs to physically abuse a women because she shows traits of being raised in a culture in which she is considered the Empire made flesh. Ermm yeah...

Tuon: Did you say something Toy?

Oh right, she called him Toy. In that case Mat definitely needs to hit her. :rolleyes:

Think about the circumstances of her forcible abduction. She handled herself very well when you take that along with her upbringing into account.

Of all the negative things you could pin on Tuon(attitudes towards damane, slaves etc.) the fact that you would single out her "contest" with Mat in testing his character during the KoD storyline is astounding.

Probably Gawyn. I find him boring.

MAJOR understatement dude, I don't think Gawyn and the Younglings add anything of benefit to the story. Add Morgase to that too. I really don't see the point in her story arc. So for that reason they are the characters I dislike the most.

Nynaeve - arrogant, stubborn, arrogant, believes she and all women are superior to all men, she really has no idea to be honest. The fact she still holds onto the fact it is all Moiraine's fault shows really how mind-numbingly stupid she is.

She's been over that for about 8 books. You didn't read those, apparently.

Egwene - long list of reasons, but what it really comes down to is I wouldn't be able to stand a person who had her personality in real life.

Gawyn - Pisses me off. He comes across as petulant and determined to point the finger of blame at anyone other than himself. He's also shown multiple times that he would be willing to let the world fall the the Dark One on hearsay. (Kill Rand despite Rand being the Dragon Reborn just because there are rumors that Rand killed Morgase. Anger towards Rand I understand, but wanting to kill someone over very vague rumors? The hell?)

Elayne - Disregarding everything else I cannot stand about this character, the fact that she completely disregards the safety of her children sickens me utterly. This is unforgivable in my mind.

Those three are the worst in my opinion.

BERELAIN. She seems to exist just to give other women a hussy to hate. She serves no useful purpose in Perrin's storyline.

SEVANNA. And all of the Shaido. Sure, the story can use evil Aiel, but there's no earthly reason why anyone should put up with her at all. And there always seems to be at least ten times more Shaido than any other Aiel clan, no matter what numbers are actually claimed.

GALAD. The worst kind of Christian ... ahem! I mean Whitecloak. A beautiful, sincere goody-goody who can outduel anyone else. Except as an example of a good man who is genuinely hateful, I fail to see what point he serves in the story.

MORIDIN, CYNDANE, ARANGAR, OSANGAR. And any other dead Forsaken whom the Dark One brings back into the story long after their usefulness has been extinguished along with their lives. The introduction of Moridin is the point in WOT where I started to lose patience with Jordan's pacing and plotting. He really should have stuck with using the surviving Forsaken alone.

She's been over that for about 8 books. You didn't read those, apparently.

Epic fail

Elayne! She seems like one of those Paris Hilton types that can put on a good show, but is really an idiot when it comes down to it. She makes terrible decisions regarding her own life and the lives of her children and her scenes make me want to puke. I don't care who is looking at her and who sees her getting a bath or what kind of clothes she's going to wear to make an impression on this one or that one. The only thing that could make me hate her more is if she had a little poodly fricking shiteater in her handbag and wagged it around all day.

Masema and Galad are my two most hated charachters, but not in a waste of text kind of way, they just got my blood boiling. I found lots of Perrin's storyline to be dull at times and couldn't wait to get back to Rand or Matt. Perrin is too predictable and Faile is definatley his better half.

• 3 weeks later...

Exactly. Randland really needs to slap some sense into that empire. If Tuon and the empire are one... no need to call on the armies :)

Archived