DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Least Favorite Character

Tuon, another stuck up ignorant child, Mat needs to slap some sense into her.

Mat needs to physically abuse a women because she shows traits of being raised in a culture in which she is considered the Empire made flesh. Ermm yeah...

Exactly. Randland really needs to slap some sense into that empire. If Tuon and the empire are one... no need to call on the armies :)

Empress: "Yes, we've defeated the WT and collared hundreds of filthy damane.."

General: *Kneeling* Your worship, there is an gigantic army of monsters heading right for us!

Empress: "Forget that, we've got Damane to collar!"

Shadowspawn army rolls over the lot of them

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Besides Faile? Ugh... that's a hard one...

Well, to be honest, behind Faile, and far ahead of Egwene, is Elayne. I quite honestly can't stand her. She's not worthy of being a main character. The only thing that puts her on the map is that Rand's in love with her. I mean, Aviendha is an exceedingly powerful Wise One, Min has the power to see visions and auras of people, but Elayne is just a Powerful (pun intended) queen. So she's the first Aes Sedai Queen in a long time. Well, that could've been one in a side story, like the BA hunters. And if I read one more passage about Elayne "soaking in the warm bath water", I'm going to snap.

Edit: Btw,

Nynaeve - arrogant, stubborn, arrogant, believes she and all women are superior to all men, she really has no idea to be honest. The fact she still holds onto the fact it is all Moiraine's fault shows really how mind-numbingly stupid she is.

In TGS she mentions to herself that she knows Moiraine was right in taking Rand and the boys out of the village, but she still can't get rid of her old prejudices. She just needs someone to blame, then, well, :moiraine:

my top 5 list:

#1 Cadsuane (Old annoying person, who does not know how to deal with people, but still "knows everything better")

#2 Aram (Boring, uninteresting, the only good thing is his death)

#3 Elayne/Gawyn (annoying, boring and in their POV you see bad education [my opinion])

#5 Nicola Treehill (the only good thing is her death)

There are many other characters like e.g. the new Empress, might she die soon, that deserve a position in that list, but those characters are either minor characters or give insights to a different culture (new empress).

Those on the list are either so annoying/uninteresting that they truly deserve to be there...

I mean, Aviendha is an exceedingly powerful Wise One, Min has the power to see visions and auras of people, but Elayne is just a Powerful (pun intended) queen.

She can create ter'angreal, that could come in handy for the future.

Okay, well, is that the best she can do? With that discovery, she's caused several problems, including giving a mass headache (even to those simply reading the book). She has yet to create anything new, as well.

I would just say the Red Ajah Aes Sedai in general are my least favorite characters. They are the prime example of White Tower foolishness, obviously there are exceptions (like those Aes Sedai that prefer a woman to a man or those who have been mistreated by men) but hating men to such a degree just because those who can channel are tainted, so pointless. Even having an Ajah for women to go to that hate men is ridiculous, they are Aes Sedai, Servants of All.

I mean, Aviendha is an exceedingly powerful Wise One, Min has the power to see visions and auras of people, but Elayne is just a Powerful (pun intended) queen.

Okay, well, is that the best she can do? With that discovery, she's caused several problems, including giving a mass headache (even to those simply reading the book). She has yet to create anything new, as well.

Imagine a nuclear holocaust, 3000 years after which, people find a car. To actually be able to understand and recreate ter'angreal the way Elayne does, is roughly similar to a situation in which someone does find that car and is able to recreate it. The Aes Sedai of the AoL probably went step by step in the understanding of how to create ter'angreal, and Elayne just does it. She doesn't understand all of it, but she is able to recreate them because she has a natural aptitude for the process. It's not like anything in our world, but I think the comparison is fair.

I would just say the Red Ajah Aes Sedai in general are my least favorite characters. They are the prime example of White Tower foolishness, obviously there are exceptions (like those Aes Sedai that prefer a woman to a man or those who have been mistreated by men) but hating men to such a degree just because those who can channel are tainted, so pointless. Even having an Ajah for women to go to that hate men is ridiculous, they are Aes Sedai, Servants of All.

The Red Ajah has most likely been the single most important institution in Randland from the day Saidin was tainted until the day Rand cleansed it. Obviously, in "cleansing institutions" such as a Red Ajah, a culture that seems unhealthy grows up, but it's actually necessary to harden these women to take all the joy out of the lives of men. So it might be uncomfortable in general, but I would deem it a necessity.

The wi-fi version of the a'dam is new. Elayne also created a ter'angreal from scratch - "The plain green disc that allowed someone not strong enough to work the invisibility trick—not many were — had been her idea from the first. "

Really? I can't say Faile?

Okay, I won't say Faile...

:-)

So I was racking my brains trying to think of who I dislike (besides Faile) and came up with the same as some others here - Gawyn, Maseema, Nicola...

Actually, the person (or the people) I dislike most of all in the series is any woman of the Seafolk with any authority. They are so completely annoying - with their demands for respect, the way they treat their teachers (how on earth would any culture have that sort of attitude to the one teaching them? Especially when its something like the One Power). The way they behave, except for that first contact with Elayne and Nynaeve - its just horrible, frustrating, annoying.

So for me, its the Seafolk women that are in charge... Can't understand them, not at all! At least I know where the Aiel are coming from with their 'superior' attitude, and the Aes Sedai...

I liked bornhald sr. he was a pretty decent bloke.

So true. I reckon the whitecloaks would've been alright if he'd been lord captain commander.

Alanna! I hate her, it only took me 15 minutes to realize who else I hate. I absolutely hate her mind raping Rand, then attempting to compulse him.... it angers me

But its not rape if a woman does it to a man..... get with it! :rolleyes:

elayne.

What a snooty stuck up b!tch. What on earth did rand ever seen in her?

Her apparent hotness and sexability was inherantly negated by what habitually spewed forth any time she opened her mouth. (is that too harsh? :mellow: )

I also think she's probably one of the most irresponsible yet self-righteous characters in the series.

She should also grovel on the floor to Mat after all he's done for her --- but unfortunately I doubt we'll get to see it

The Red Ajah has most likely been the single most important institution in Randland from the day Saidin was tainted until the day Rand cleansed it. Obviously, in "cleansing institutions" such as a Red Ajah, a culture that seems unhealthy grows up, but it's actually necessary to harden these women to take all the joy out of the lives of men. So it might be uncomfortable in general, but I would deem it a necessity.

Doesn't make any sense, Cadsuane is one of the most successful hunters of men who can channel in the history of the White Tower and she is a Green that has had numerous Warders. One must be strong, not hard to endure, some of the harder beliefs of those in the Red Ajah (hating all men, thinking of men as only dangerous tools rather than people, ect.) are not necessary.

I do not see the necessity in it at all.

My least favourite is the Sea Folk as a whole and pretty much the White Tower/Aes Sedai. Character aspects/decisions would have to be Rand's List (though on rereads, an appreciation of the taint on him lessens this quite a bit) and Rand's leaving the BT almost wholly in the hands of Taim.

When I first read through the books I couldn't stand Min. I have no good reason for this, just everything she did seemed to get on my nerves. Now, I can understand that there's nothing wrong with her, she's probably one of the most level headed characters out there, but I just can't make myself like her. Although, I am not as opposed to her now as I was initially.

Also Gawyn (sorry for the repetition, he just shouldn't be so annoying!)

And on a side note, Tuon. She's not been in the books for too long but I think she's the character about whom my opinion has most changed. At first I was like AARGH!! noooo! Go AWAAAAY :mad: but now I love her :D

Archived