DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Least Favorite Character

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Verin is dead, Cadsuane is lame and the name Gitara doesn't ring a bell, so I'm not sure what she's like. I'm sure that there are some others that I'd have a decent opinion of, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head. When I think of non-sucky Aes Sedai, they're the only two names that pop up.

Well, Verin is dead, Cadsuane is lame and the name Gitara doesn't ring a bell, so I'm not sure what she's like. I'm sure that there are some others that I'd have a decent opinion of, but I can't think of them off of the top of my head. When I think of non-sucky Aes Sedai, they're the only two names that pop up.

No Gitara=No Rand

She was the counselor to Andor that convinced Tigraine to go to the waste...

I don't really dislike any of the characters. Perrin started annoying me after he left Caemlyn with Rand. But he started getting cool when he was making plans against the Shaido. He became one of my favorite characters again. I enjoyed Gawyn, flaws included. Egwene is awesome and anyone who says otherwise needs a KAT-Scan now! Nyn is fun for the reasons many people complain.

Belthamel, Cyndane, Graendal, Osan'gar and Aran'gar, Aginor, Ishamael, Moghedian, Asmodean, Semirhage, and Taim are all of the forsaken that annoy me =p (you see what I did there?). The reasons for this is that each had pathetic strategy when they fought and despite them supposedly being some of the "most cunning and evil" beings out there none of them could truly channel their way out of a bag. The reason Ishamael and Taim are on this list are because of Ishy's severe tendency to monologue and because Taim is a general prick, though to be honest like half of the black and white tower annoys/bores me to death. At least Moridin, Lanfear, Rahvin, Sammael, and Belal were able to hold their own and Demandred seems to be a total baddie though so far that's all talk.

I don't get it why so many people dislike Egwene? Is it because she is ambitious and stern? She was like that since the beginning - since she started taking lessons from Moiraine.

No, it's because she needs to be troutslapped about everything before she understands and even then that won't work if she already has an opinion. Two rivers stubborn + Aes Sedai arrogance + her own ignorance = why she's disliked.

Mine most disliked apart from Faile, are Cadsuane she just rubs me up the wrong way. She's too full of herself. Nynaeve now here is someone I truly loathe, and have done since tEotW. She's way too arrogant. Her attitude in the first few books towards Moiraine was rather pathetic. Even after marrying Lan, she still has an air of arrogance around her. true, she does have some redeeming features but not many.

Alanna simply because of the bonding. Renaile she just deserves death.

1. Graendal... SHE KILLED ASMODEAN! He was like my best pal ever! srsly when he died so suddenly for no reason at all I was sad :( He would have been the perfect example to show Lanfear and Moridin there is always a way back to the light.

2. Cadsuane. Madly disrespectful, never outwits anyone, simply using threats backed up by her power and (ter)angreals for all her accomplishments.

"A warp in the Air" in TGS were really a satisfaction. When her threats and bad mouth couldnt help her she was helpless. + She admitts working against Rand!(last minute of the chapter)

He would have been the perfect example to show Lanfear and Moridin there is always a way back to the light.

Since Brandon said Moridin is far "nastier" than Fain even I don't think it was ever an option. As for Lanfear, she would do anything if it would increase her power.

2. Cadsuane. Madly disrespectful, never outwits anyone, simply using threats backed up by her power and (ter)angreals for all her accomplishments.

"A warp in the Air" in TGS were really a satisfaction. When her threats and bad mouth couldnt help her she was helpless. + She admitts working against Rand!(last minute of the chapter)

In point of fact she has outwitted numerous people throughout the course of the story. The majority of the time she treats people how they deserve to be treated and there is almost always a specific reason. She uses threats but we have also seen her take numerous other paths based on the situation. As RJ said in the notes she is "remarkably adaptable".

As for "working against Rand" you are taking her statement much too literally. Cads had a mission to help Rand deal with his responsibility. She was "working against" him in the sense of his own stubbornness getting in the way of learning what he needed to know.

Cadsuane just annoys me so much, though I concede that she generally gets results and doesn't appear too concerned at the way other characters perceive her, which I suppose is fair enough.

Also, I've never been particularly fond of Min. She's by no means my least favourite character, I've just never had the love for her so many people seem to.

Let's get this out of the way.

I don't hate Faile.

I don't really agree with what happened to Perrin after she was kidnapped.

It was like reading a 200 page soap opera movie script with a battle at the end.

But I don't hate her.

I don't hate Egwene

She did irk me in tFoH acting like she was the queen bee with Nynaeve in TAR

I actually enjoyed watching her maneuver around Romanda, Lelaine, and Sheriam's factions

Watching her trick the hall into giving her control of the army and later control of dealings with Rand was a pure delight

I didn't even hate her when she took on the whole 'I'm a strong independent woman who don't need no man' thing

I don't like like Alanna.

Oh also Elayne and Nynaeve in Book 5. That was dumb too. I cant stand them in that part.

It was an 80 page story arc of 'womminz are da best men are dum'

Alanna. What is the point of her character? It seems like she bonded Rand as a plot device to get Rand out of Andor and onto other things, because it's hardly mentioned ever again, except when Cadsuane wants to feel specialz and know where Rand is.

Also Elaida, just reading from her PoV infuriated me. She is the complete opposite of an effective leader. seeing how she handles problems just calls into question how she ever could have convinced others to depose Suine.

Galad. He is too "goody-goody." Join the CoL really? That's the best use of your substantial education and tactical know how? You couldn't take charge of one of Andor's armies and secured Andor's borders against possible prophet threats in the south? Or seen what's up with these crazy Two Rivers folk? I was so glad when Morgase talked some sense to him in ToM.

people hate egwene because she's sexy, confident, ambitious and gets what she wants. jealousy all around. Makes their favourite characters look like dim witted fools and outshines them all like the beautiful sun she is.

anyways back to the thread. I cant decide who i hate more. The mentally incapacitated wolf doofus who has an iq below 10 or the blademaster who has obsessive compulsive order in regards to death and avenging his worthless burnt up kingdom. I hope he meets his end in a trolloc cookpot.

people hate egwene because she's sexy, confident, ambitious and gets what she wants. jealousy all around. Makes their favourite characters look like dim witted fools and outshines them all like the beautiful sun she is.

anyways back to the thread. I cant decide who i hate more. The mentally incapacitated wolf doofus who has an iq below 10 or the blademaster who has obsessive compulsive order in regards to death and avenging his worthless burnt up kingdom. I hope he meets his end in a trolloc cookpot.

And so it begins, the great battle of our time!

Well, at least we can't blame you for excessive subtlety.

I actually lik allanna, opposite to most here. But only after the second read.

I dont like Egwene really, be it a less firm opinion than lots of people here have. I liked her about all the time she still thought she would marry Rand. However, for someone who likes to have friends, she just never takes any bit of advice, and she's way to fond of the oaths. She's just so super... That it to irrealistic. Rand and Mat have excuses for their super-ness...they are Ta'veren. Egwene does not.

LOL.

Egwene

•  
  • Sexy? Hardly. And she is in love with that fool Gawyn. Shows how smart she is.
  • Confident? More like straight up arrogance and conceitedness.
  • Ambitious? She was given the Seat because those idiot Aes Sedai thought they could control her, but since she is the Mary Sue of the series she controls them. And she whined her way into the Aiel to learn about TAR, and she still lied multiple times to Amys. How many times in TSR was she "waahhhhh its not fair that Rand gets to do whatever he wants!"

Unlike Egwene, at least the "wolf doofus" is a true master of TAR by catching balefire weaves. And at least Lan is the greatest swordsman in the entire land.

Egwene isn't even the strongest Aes Sedai.

Egwene and Fortuona should join an arrogance club together.

LOL.

Egwene

•  
  • Sexy? Hardly. And she is in love with that fool Gawyn. Shows how smart she is.
  • Ambitious? She was given the Seat because those idiot Aes Sedai thought they could control her, but since she is the Mary Sue of the series she controls them. And she whined her way into the Aiel to learn about TAR, and she still lied multiple times to Amys. How many times in TSR was she "waahhhhh its not fair that Rand gets to do whatever he wants!"

Unlike Egwene, at least the "wolf doofus" is a true master of TAR by catching balefire weaves. And at least Lan is the greatest swordsman in the entire land.

Come on mate, don't let Elan Trolldroani goad you into making this an Egwene thing. The OP specifically didn't want that.

LOL.

Egwene

•  

Come on mate, don't let Elan Trolldroani goad you into making this an Egwene thing. The OP specifically didn't want that.

:(

I know but I just couldn't control myself! I'm on a re-read of TSR and shes been getting on my nerves horribly in that book.

Anyways, I'll pass that torch to Gawyn as the most disliked which I think I spoke about earlier in this thread.

LOL.

Egwene

•  

Oh my, jealousy is a hell of a drug.

Unlike Egwene, at least the "wolf doofus" is a true master of TAR by catching balefire weaves. And at least Lan is the greatest swordsman in the entire land

the doofus could not even save hooper.Ofcourse it's not suprising though since your IQ doesn't change in TAR either *snigger*. As for rhe greatest swordsman in the land, well i will give him that. Shame though he will only hold on to it for another book. He will perish in AMOL and i say good riddance.

Doesn't matter. her accomplishments dwarfs her strenghth in the power.

fortuna is not fit to clean the amyrlin's shawl. The only thing she's got on egwene is melanin levels

Archived