DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

And Talmanes, I appreciate your caution but the only way that's going to happen is if we get a random kill today because with the amount of inactivity in this game there's no way we'll get eight votes on anyone else before the deadline. I'd be surprised if most people are checking the thread once a day.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I for one don't want a random lynch, It doesn't help us at all! It would be nice to go for someone else, but as Griefy said, it's still not going to solve the problem we have. We need a lynch...

VOTE WOMBAT

I think that out of the two he seems more likely to be lying, not about his role, but about his alignment. If I'm wrong well Griefy goes down tomorrow and if either of them are a Mistborn Mafia, then that is a blow to the mafia and good for us!

Since I haven´t read the books I really don´t get everything but I´m trying to understand what you all are talking about. (Help links was good but I´m still confused. :biggrin: )

Watching this tennis game between Wombat and Griefy has made me even more confused but I think Talya made some good points. So vote Wombat.

Sorry, I've been trying to remember to stick to mafia terminology for the people who haven't read Mistborn. What are you confused about? Maybe I or a less contentious source can clear it up for you. Or I can clear it up if/when we lynch Wombat, because then I will be vindicated. Vindicated I tells you!

As for the tennis match, note that Wombat didn't actually vote for me until now, when I gave him an ultimatum that I'm right or I'm scum and it would look suspicious of him not to vote for me, given his position that he's innocent. Also note he has no hope of actually getting me lynched at this point. So why not start off the lynch campaign earlier? Why weasel out by pushing the possibility that he's a miller and I'm simply getting inaccurate results rather than being scummy? Because he doesn't want me dead. Not yet. Because if I die the jig is up. He'd much prefer that I doubt myself and that I am doubted by the rest of the players so he can get a few more days of shenanigans under his belt while we sort through the possibilities.

Speaking of shenanigans, there's serious possibility that either the lynch will occur in the next eight hours (if so, yay) or the mafia will pull something out of nowhere to try and save Wombat. If the latter situation occurs and I am unresponsive, please keep in mind that being unresponsive is normal behaviour for people who are asleep. Goodnight one and all.

Well, I think miller claims stink; last time I believed one I ended up helping the town lose the game.... Though, I have been a miller-mason before, so I'm not saying it's impossible.... Just that it seems pretty unlikely and is always a good cover for mafia to use. And how likely is it that you'd be a miller and not know about it? Can anyone who's played the game more than I have tell me how likely that is? I could be wrong, but it seems to me that it's a role that would either rarely be used, or not used at all.

Griefy's claim that Wombat is mafia makes much more sense than that he's a miller; if he's telling the truth about being pro-town then the mafia would have to have some pretty big guns to make up for all the town abilities.

I don't like the idea of lynching someone who claimed a rolefinder ability, but the way everything's adding up points to Wombat being mafia, and Griefy being a genuine finder.

vote Wombat

Well, that's 8 votes for Wombat, so I'm not going to bother to vote, but the timing of Wombat's vote, which Griefy pointed out, is what mostly convinced me. In fact, earlier on Wombat suggested we lynch someone other than him or Grief today, which really points to him being scum. I was just wondering why Grief would've done this if she was mafia, because it would only lead to her being lynched tomorrow.

Miller might just be a drawback to having so many abilities though. It fits, if he has so many advantages he'd be prone to atleast one disadvantage. Not saying I believe him, but it's really going to suck if he's Town-Aligned.

@Alanna: True but she'd have gotten rid of our most valuable player. She could even be a vanilla mafia, nothing really special.

That's just some idle speculation. My vote is staying on Wombat, but careful to whoever casts the deciding vote.

Vote Count:

Tinker (1) - Phelix;

Wombat (8): MCS; Griefy; Vambram; Tinker; Player; Talya; Tina; Meesh

Griefy (1) - Wombat

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline is 8:00 PM Monday.

Lol at Griefy's Mistborn Marsupial Melee comment.

I'm pretty sure it has. Also grrr at work for being so damn busy today so I couldn't vote. This is my last week here (starting a new job on Monday) so they are making sure they get their last few days worth.

*collapses from exhaustion*

Happy Birthday to be Griefy! Chocolate exchange day, I like that, normally it means for me, my daughter having most of the chocolate, I don't seem to get so much back unless I get my own, lol!

The time is well over I believe!

I don't think Locke's been online since this morning (or last night for him, I suppose). I guess we'll get the death scene when he's ready. I keep distracting myself from my assignment to check the thread, lol. Not that I needed an excuse. This assignment is not merely uninteresting, in that it fails to interest me, but it is actually the direct inverse of interesting, in that it actively repulses me. Thank god for DM and mafia.

And thanks, Talya! My birthday is on Thursday, although it'll probably still be Wednesday for most of you when I celebrate by eating chocolate for breakfast.

Vote Count:

Tinker (1) - Phelix;

Wombat (8): MCS; Griefy; Vambram; Tinker; Player; Talya; Tina; Meesh

Griefy (1) - Wombat

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline is 8:00 PM Monday.

Sorry for the delay. You're Australian, yes Griefy? I'd give a boat with 2 and a half motors to live in Australia. (Happy early birthday, though! hint, you can wish me happy early birthday too; it's in 352 days)

The day started of like any other day. People tried to stab others behind their backs, slip poison into each other's drinks, and do handsprings without moving. All looked left, right, up, down, and backwards before crossing the hall.

Twas not long at all before Wombat tripped over a tree root and spilled OJ juice (orange juice) all over the carpet. Naturally, the rest of the lot was furious and not only that, but sure they had found the scumbag of scumbags. However, on their way to lavaboarding him in the backyard pool, Wombat made an interesting claim.

"Wait!", he cried, "You forgot one thing! I'm innocent, innocent I tell ye! And not only that, but I have a power that would be very useful to the mafia if I were mafia, but I'm not!" Convinced, everyone let him down and proceeded to lavaboard Tinker, who Wombat thought they should lynch. However, since everyone has suddenly decided to take a nap, they lacked the manpower to proceed and not only that, but night was coming, and some of them were scared tof the dark...

However, a light appeared at the end of the tunnel, or, in the case, the sky, and it seemed very much like morning again. Instead of gleefully dropping Tinker off a cliff, however, Griefy pointed out the possibility that Wombat was lying about being innocent. Immediately astounded by this revelation, people tilted their head slightly and stroked their chin. But Griefy didn't stop there, no. She proceeded to claim that, in actuality, she was a,,,Mistborn, dun dun dun, and that Wombat was actually a...Mistborn, dun dun dun, and that not only was he a Mistborn...but scum, dun dun dun.

After much deliberation and much consideration, the majority concluded that it was Wombat's turn to die. However, in an unfortunate series of events, Wombat happened to eat a slab of butter and died instantly, and everyone cried at the untimely death of the fallen scum that had killed their friend.

Wombat, Mistborn (Steel, Bronze, Chromium) has been lynched.

It is now Night.

Deadline is 7:00 PM Thursday. (GMT-6)

Archived