DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay key!

I know its frustrating when you're the one being targeted, Tink, but unfortunately that is what can happen when we get so close to deadline without any good lynch prospects. A contfolled lynch is always better than a random modkill because that gives us no info, and could hit an important role. That said, since we now have more time, I happen to think there are now better lynch candidates. I am at work rite now, but I will unvote and say more when I get home.

Well, I didn't see too much to vote Wombat for in the first place, he was mostly just striking me as weird, so for the time being, unvote. His claim sounds reasonable.

This seems like she was prepared to unvote before Wombat even revealed. This reaction just seems really scummy to me.

Could you not have revealed earlier? it you are telling the truth! I'm assuming Tiinks he didn't view you last night, otherwise I would be worried if he found an innocent AND was going for them. I'm interested in who you viewed, because if you are a rolefinder, you must have been able to see their role. or in this case none...however it also puts a massive target on their backs if you did. In the meantime it doesn't leave us much time to get a lynch, and we really could do with a controlled lynch!

This looks like passive rolefishing to me. She is saying she wants to know, but it might be dangerous. It looks to me like trying to convince others to push for the reveal of the alleged Vanilla, while backing off.

I don't buy it. And we only have a few hours to lynch someone before we get a random kill. Not enough people will be online to lynch anyone else. Wombat's reveal looks extremely suspicious to me. What are the odds that we lose two finders by the second day and then our top suspect is a finder as well? How many can there be?

You know I agree here to a good extent. His reveal seems extremely basic and simple, like he wanted to make it believable. Also claiming he viewed a Vanilla seems to be an extremely basic claim, that is meant to keep from being picked out as scum. I've claimed finder in a few games when I was mafia, and usually I did the same thing. What makes me most suspicious of Wombat though, is the fact that he claimed Rolefinder. We already know there was a Tracker and a Rolefinder, as their roles were revealed when they died. It seems extremely unlikely that we have two Rolefinders, even if one was unsnapped.

Seriously? Can someone point out why I'm the one being attacked?

vote Tiinker in hopes of a controlled lynch.

Great response. Wombat and Meesh clearly working together then..

This almost makes me okay with a Tiinker lynch, just because of the fact that he is being so completely unreasonable here. It is obvious that a controlled lynch is imperative to finding out information.

Vote Count:

Tinker (5): Wombat; Alanna; Phelix; Tina; Meesh

Wombat (4): MCS; Griefy; Vambram; Talmanes

Deadline has been extended until 8:00 PM Monday.

With a deadline extension, we still have time, however, to get a controlled lynch. Now although I do find Tiinker a bit scummy as I mentioned above, the aforementioned statements about Wombat make me even more suspicious of him. My vote stays.

How can I be rolefishing, when he said it was a vanilla town that he foundrolleyes.gif The other thing is that the rolefinder we had, was un-broken, which I think someone said meant that it wasn't in use. So it would make sense there is a broken (if that's the right word) seeker... :/ or rolefinder. Griefy makes a good point though, how many finder type roles can there be, it makes you wonder what else is out there, if there this many! We know there are these noblemen and the ministry people, maybe that is why there is so many :/

Welcome Key.

Agh! I didn't realise yesterday was the deadline last night, I wasn't not well and cried off the computer. I should have remembered, but I'm so glad we got an extension.

Worth it cause you'll get information? Well then, here's the information: I'm part of the Mason team. Kill me and you won't achieve anything. Sorry for being a bit frustrated yesterday but honestly, choosing to lynch me on Wombats argument made absolutely no sense.

Some breathing room at last! I wasn't going to do this earlier because I thought the lynch was going to fail anyway (frustrating number of inactives is frustrating), but here goes:

I'm a Finder. I viewed Wombat last night. He's not kidding about being a Finder. In fact he's a full Mistborn. Which is too bad, because he's also mafia. So let's get that ball rolling again.

Anticipated questions:

Q: Why did you not reveal earlier?

A: In a cult game? Are you kidding?

Q: How can we be sure you won't be recruited tonight?

A: My incessant questions have yielded the fact that recruitment is 'painful' and therefore counts as harm, so PROTECT MAH!

Q: Didn't you say earlier that it's unlikely we have another investigative role?

A: The irony does not escape me, but at the time I was trying to get Wombat lynched and fly under the radar at the same time. You'll notice, however, that we've had a tracker and an unsnapped rolefinder so far, so I was exaggerating.

Q: Wow, Griefy, you're really wonderful and awesome! Is there anything I can do to help you be more awesome?

A: How gracious and flattering of you to ask! Lurk less, post MOAR, protect me if you can and lynch Wombat!

I agree with Talmanes about Mmeeshal.

Oh and a No Lynch at this stage is almost as bad as a random modkill, I think. Someone finally explained to me when is actually a good time to vote No Lynch, and that time is not now lol.

Just a question. Can you vote No Lynch? I that on opption? When do people do that?

Worth it cause you'll get information? Well then, here's the information: I'm part of the Mason team. Kill me and you won't achieve anything. Sorry for being a bit frustrated yesterday but honestly, choosing to lynch me on Wombats argument made absolutely no sense.

Another reveal. *looking at my old post* Was I right anyway?

Another question (not to Tiinker) can masons have some kind of abilitys or are they usually plain town?

This is only my third game so that is why I ask this questions (and maybe have to do it again). I will try not to use this "newbee card" to much. :biggrin:

Some breathing room at last! I wasn't going to do this earlier because I thought the lynch was going to fail anyway (frustrating number of inactives is frustrating), but here goes:

I'm a Finder. I viewed Wombat last night. He's not kidding about being a Finder. In fact he's a full Mistborn. Which is too bad, because he's also mafia. So let's get that ball rolling again.

Anticipated questions:

Q: Why did you not reveal earlier?

A: In a cult game? Are you kidding?

Q: How can we be sure you won't be recruited tonight?

A: My incessant questions have yielded the fact that recruitment is 'painful' and therefore counts as harm, so PROTECT MAH!

Q: Didn't you say earlier that it's unlikely we have another investigative role?

A: The irony does not escape me, but at the time I was trying to get Wombat lynched and fly under the radar at the same time. You'll notice, however, that we've had a tracker and an unsnapped rolefinder so far, so I was exaggerating.

Q: Wow, Griefy, you're really wonderful and awesome! Is there anything I can do to help you be more awesome?

A: How gracious and flattering of you to ask! Lurk less, post MOAR, protect me if you can and lynch Wombat!

Griefy posted when I was writing. Well, another claim. How exiting. First nothing happens. And then nothing happens. And now we have three reveals. I´m not capable to solve this knot by my self so I will just listen and see what the rest of you thinks. Unvote.

@Tiinker, the ONLY reason I was voting you was for a controlled lynch, not for anything else. You really need to take a chill pill.

But since we have more time. unvote

Before I put my vote back on Wombat, I have a question for Griefy: are you a full finder, or just a rolefinder? The only reason I ask is because with the whole "un-snapped rolefinder" thing, I just thought it seemed more likely for there to be a plain old rolefinder rather than a full finder, already active.

Seriously, what's with all the revealing, people? Is this really necessary? I think I find Tink's claim the most annoying, because it was unnecessary; you're not on the chopping block anymore, and you it seems you revealed out of annoyance more than anything else. And you're still taking it too personally, which really, you need to calm down. Most people were not voting you on Wombat's reason (although my inital vote was, essentially, for the same reason), they were voting you in a last-minute desperate attempt to get a controlled lynch. I don't know how else to explain that.

Okay, now that we time to breathe here - I'm always hesitant about lynching a claimed finder, and I'm still not sure I want to do it; however, I will agree that Wombat's claim is extremely convenient - he found a vanilla townie, and happened to have the same role (except an active one) that someone else already had.

I also noticed that about Talya's comment - it wasn't rolefishing since, as she pointed out, the person was vanilla; however, why ask for the person's identity so early on in the game? All it does is make a target of someone. That's what was odd to me about that comment; she asked, which is clearly a bad idea, and then backed off that.

I'm not sure about the whole Grief revealing/confirming Wombat - I take it most people don't believe that, and that's why two more votes just piled on Wombat? Thought that was kinda weird, if only because those people didn't even comment on Griefy's claim; it's like they didn't even see it or something.

As for the question about Ny Lynch - I'm just goona quote Dralid here:

According to strict game theory there is only one situation in Mafia in which 'No Vote' makes sense. It requires 3 things. There is precisely two more non-mafia than mafia, there is a finder in play, and the finder does not currently know any mafia in play. In this situation if the town guesses wrong, mafia win. If the town does not lynch it gives the finder a chance to locate a mafia at little risk, making it an acceptable choice. It is a stop-gap strategy. However in a complex game, all three criteria are difficult to determine.

Suffice to to say, there really is no reason to even begin considering it until closer to endgame. I don't know if we're allowed to do it in this particularly game; you'll have to ask Locke. Some mods don't allow it at all.

Oh, and unvote.

Interesting. Two finder claims of sorts. And Grief said that wombat was a finder. So who do we believe? One thought that springs up is, why did Griefy reveal, there was no reason to. so it's not as though she revealed because she was about to be lynched. So I'm more inclined to believe her. A couple of questions first before my vote goes on Wombat. I think someone may have asked. What type of Finder are you...ie was it a rolefinder, were you told he was mafia or just Mistborn or just rolefinder or all three or two of the three. Now I'm presuming that Mistborn is more than likely Mafia? or am I way off with that.

A bit like buses, none come along for ages and then you have three at once. But Tiinks there is nothing to suggest you are telling the truth. No one has corroborated it. so at the moment I will put it aside. But to keep in mind.

Alanna, If he had revealed that person they could have told us he was telling to truth. And confirm him as a finder, especially after so many roles had gone. It would have been hard for him to actually say that someone in this game is vanilla, it was looking like a few people have roles of some sorts (all the ones dead so far did have). It's also an easy thing for someone to claim finder and say they found a vanilla townie. Yes it would put a target on that persons back if he revealed. However if later he had been found to be lying, then it would bring into question of the person he had revealed as vanilla town. We may have got two for one. So I was in two minds whether or not he should reveal. According to Griefy he may be a rolefinder as he said, so he could have viewed that person and it wouldn't necessarily put a target on that person, because if he is mafia they already know who they are and what role they have and are more likely to go after someone with a role! You still get the question now that would he have told us the truth, he still could use one of his guys to make him look innocent...who knows.

At this point I'm more likely to believe Griefy. I would like to hear her answers first and more from Wombat, especially after this new stuff.

Seriously, what's with all the revealing, people? Is this really necessary? I think I find Tink's claim the most annoying, because it was unnecessary; you're not on the chopping block anymore, and you it seems you revealed out of annoyance more than anything else. And you're still taking it too personally, which really, you need to calm down. Most people were not voting you on Wombat's reason (although my inital vote was, essentially, for the same reason), they were voting you in a last-minute desperate attempt to get a controlled lynch. I don't know how else to explain that.

Okay, now that we time to breathe here - I'm always hesitant about lynching a claimed finder, and I'm still not sure I want to do it; however, I will agree that Wombat's claim is extremely convenient - he found a vanilla townie, and happened to have the same role (except an active one) that someone else already had.

I also noticed that about Talya's comment - it wasn't rolefishing since, as she pointed out, the person was vanilla; however, why ask for the person's identity so early on in the game? All it does is make a target of someone. That's what was odd to me about that comment; she asked, which is clearly a bad idea, and then backed off that.

I'm not sure about the whole Grief revealing/confirming Wombat - I take it most people don't believe that, and that's why two more votes just piled on Wombat? Thought that was kinda weird, if only because those people didn't even comment on Griefy's claim; it's like they didn't even see it or something.

As for the question about Ny Lynch - I'm just goona quote Dralid here:

According to strict game theory there is only one situation in Mafia in which 'No Vote' makes sense. It requires 3 things. There is precisely two more non-mafia than mafia, there is a finder in play, and the finder does not currently know any mafia in play. In this situation if the town guesses wrong, mafia win. If the town does not lynch it gives the finder a chance to locate a mafia at little risk, making it an acceptable choice. It is a stop-gap strategy. However in a complex game, all three criteria are difficult to determine.

Suffice to to say, there really is no reason to even begin considering it until closer to endgame. I don't know if we're allowed to do it in this particularly game; you'll have to ask Locke. Some mods don't allow it at all.

Oh, and unvote.

What?? Okay for one thing, I revealed before Grief did. The majority of people WERE on me when I revealed. And another, the idea of a no lynch wasn't to be taken seriously, I was just expressing how dumb I thought the situation was. There's nothing to be taken personally, I just wish people would use their brain instead of blindly following along.

It's cool; I know when I'm stressed out in RL, mafia just usually makes me more stressed out lol. The reason I found your reveal timed oddly is because, while you had the most votes, we had just been granted an extension, meaning most people were going to unvote you (I hadn't had time to yet, but I'd already said I was going to). And I say most people were going to unvote you because, as I said, most people seemed to have voted you merely to get a controlled lynch before the Friday deadline. Since the deadline was extended, people had time to unvote and think about it more. It's odd that you didn't reveal before the supposed Friday deadline, yet chose to reveal almost immediately after.

Like I said, I know it can be frustrating to be the target of a mostly random lynch, but, as I said, it happens. It's not that we're not using our brains - it's that there wasn't time to use our brains :rolleyes: Deadline was in only a couple of hours. Again, I don't know how else to stress that a random modkill would have been worse.

Anyway, I just caution you to calm down, because overreacting is just making your look more suspicious.

(And the no lynch explanation was for Tina - she asked about it.)

I am full Mistborn but I am not mafia. I am half skaa and town. I don't know how or if Griefy has finding powers in addition to rolefinding. but either she is lying scum or the same noble blood that gives me my powers has betrayed me. No, I was not told I am a miller (I did not even know if there was traditional finding in this game), I am just trying to make sense of the situation. Right now I am leaning towards Griefy being a mafia rolefinder who is willing to sacrifice herself to take out the best town power role, but I am not dismissing the possibility that she is town. My suggestion is that we try a target other than me, Tiinker, or Griefy and wait for Griefy to tell us the name of an actual scumbag. Griefy, do you know what my powers are?

Archived