DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're thinking of a different type of waterboarding. See, there's the surfing kind and the torture kind, and they're really very different things. In one you risk drowning, in the other you only feel like you're drowning, but you don't get a tan or even much exercise. Also one tends to be offered at resorts while the other is offered at offshore detention centres. If you're interested in waterboarding as a sport, check your itinerary very carefully to make sure it doesn't include Guantanamo Bay.

Phelix waited carefully with his ear pressed to the door. When at last, the sounds from neighboring rooms ceased, he slowly creaked open the door. He peeked his head out, looked both ways, and silently snuck off to the left. As he was tiptoeing down the stairs, he stepped on Wombat's rubber ducky that must have fallen out of his pocket as he was being carried towards lavaboarding during the day. It squeaked. Phelix cringed, but the silence return undisturbed. With a sigh of relief, Phelix continued on and finally reached his destination free from unwanted observers.

He ate a cookie. And died.

The assassin pocketed the rest of the coins and made a mental note of the secret cookie compartment.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Phelix, Skaa Malatium Misting, has been nightkilled.

It is now Day. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Deadline is 7:00 PM Tuesday.

Mod-Musing: I'm actually not sure if there is anything such thing as a Malatium (also know as "The Eleventh Metal") Misting. I'd need to re-read The Hero of Ages, but I recall certain events showing the existence of 16 Mistings. (one for each metal) However, Malatium is not one of the 16 Allomantic metals, instead being an alloy of Atium. Yet one of those Misting types was a Seer, an Atium misting, and Atium is not one of the 16 Allomantic metals either. Thus, either there is an error, or my memory of a book I haven't read in over a year is less than perfect....which one?

Mini-Mod-Musing: It is interesting that Malatium and Atium are separate from Gold and Electrum considering that they are so close in function. (as opposed to say, Cadmium and Cerrobend, which are, yes, temporal, but not in the same way. Although I guess the same could be said for the Physical and Emotional quadrants as well...All the sub-sections can really mess with one's head)

I maybe a little thick here...but I'm not sure what happened there, was he killed or accidently poisoned, or was he poisoned and was going to be killed or did the assassin use poisoned cookies (they didn't seem to know they were there...And would Malatium have a role affixed to it?

At least there was no stake through the heart or whatever it was last time....*shivers*

Well there is no surprise it was Phelix, I don't think he has been around much!

I guess that's when. Okay, Malatium allows the user to see someone's past in the form of a ghostly double. Or possible an alternate present based on a different past. Never was clear on that one. So in conclusion I have no idea what Phelix's ability might have been.

My investigations last night revealed a townie so I'm not going to make a target of them by calling them out. Instead I motion for the brutal lynching of an inactive. Thoughts?

So maybe they could see who did what the night before...maybe he could see what some did night 1 on night 2? Thats about the only thing I can think of.

I'm going to have a flick through later...it's the Easter Holidays here, And I'm pretty busy, but I will get on here (I need a break from the spring cleaning from time to time - it also helps this is the only game I'm in now)

I´m still confused. I have only played basic maffia before and I don´t understand all Mistborn stuff but I guess it will be easyer after a while.

Last day I noticed Alannas posting. Twice she says she is going to vote Wombat but never does.

I think the best information will come from a Tiinker lynch at this point, because I also found thr MCS-Tiinker-Song thing yesterday a bit iffy. Wombat is acting odd, yes, but not any odder than normal, and lynching him won't clear up any of these other suspicions.

I do want to say I don't really buy Talya being connected to Tiinker because she defended the reread comment. Mostly because I also think it's dumb that people are called scum for saying they're going to do a reread, whether they come back and do it or not. Why? Because I've said that when I innocent and mafia. As it is, I just never do rereads anymore because I know someone will immediately jump on me for saying so.

Unofficial Vote Count:

Tinker (2): Wombat; Alanna

Wombat (4): MCS; Griefy; Vambram; Talmanes

Vambram (1): Tina

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline is 5:00 PM Friday.

Deadline is in a few hours, people, get to voting! I was willing to jump on Wombat until he revealed; now I really don't want to lynch him. But going two days without getting a lynch is horrible. Where is everyone?

Seriously, what's with all the revealing, people? Is this really necessary? I think I find Tink's claim the most annoying, because it was unnecessary; you're not on the chopping block anymore, and you it seems you revealed out of annoyance more than anything else. And you're still taking it too personally, which really, you need to calm down. Most people were not voting you on Wombat's reason (although my inital vote was, essentially, for the same reason), they were voting you in a last-minute desperate attempt to get a controlled lynch. I don't know how else to explain that.

Okay, now that we time to breathe here - I'm always hesitant about lynching a claimed finder, and I'm still not sure I want to do it; however, I will agree that Wombat's claim is extremely convenient - he found a vanilla townie, and happened to have the same role (except an active one) that someone else already had.

I also noticed that about Talya's comment - it wasn't rolefishing since, as she pointed out, the person was vanilla; however, why ask for the person's identity so early on in the game? All it does is make a target of someone. That's what was odd to me about that comment; she asked, which is clearly a bad idea, and then backed off that.

I'm not sure about the whole Grief revealing/confirming Wombat - I take it most people don't believe that, and that's why two more votes just piled on Wombat? Thought that was kinda weird, if only because those people didn't even comment on Griefy's claim; it's like they didn't even see it or something.

As for the question about Ny Lynch - I'm just goona quote Dralid here:

According to strict game theory there is only one situation in Mafia in which 'No Vote' makes sense. It requires 3 things. There is precisely two more non-mafia than mafia, there is a finder in play, and the finder does not currently know any mafia in play. In this situation if the town guesses wrong, mafia win. If the town does not lynch it gives the finder a chance to locate a mafia at little risk, making it an acceptable choice. It is a stop-gap strategy. However in a complex game, all three criteria are difficult to determine.

Suffice to to say, there really is no reason to even begin considering it until closer to endgame. I don't know if we're allowed to do it in this particularly game; you'll have to ask Locke. Some mods don't allow it at all.

Oh, and unvote.

Well, that's 8 votes for Wombat, so I'm not going to bother to vote, but the timing of Wombat's vote, which Griefy pointed out, is what mostly convinced me. In fact, earlier on Wombat suggested we lynch someone other than him or Grief today, which really points to him being scum. I was just wondering why Grief would've done this if she was mafia, because it would only lead to her being lynched tomorrow.

I did the bold parts.

I do understand that Alanna didn´t want to vote Wombat when he claimed finder and that she changed her mind after Griefys reviel but I think it´s strang with this "I would vote Wombat but...". Especially the last one because it was only eight minutes after Mmeeshal hammered Wombat.

I don't see in those posts where I said I would vote Wombat. The only thing that comes close to that is the last post, where I said the only reason I wasn't going to vote him was because he was already hammered. I likely would have voted him, if my vote had been needed. But I was still thinking about it in the morning (about 6 hours before deadline), I went away for a few hours, and when I came back, about three people had quickly voted him, reaching a majority.

The fact that it was only 8 minutes after he'd been hammered means what exactly? He was still hammered.

Archived