DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

Hemalurgy - I so called it! And it looks like the nobles or more likely the Steel Ministry have a tracker now. I wonder if they're handing out roles to different members or if they're building their very own Inquisitor. Scary thought. I'm going to do a reread before I decide what to do next, but it looks like Womby's jumped the gun again. Care to tell us why?

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m just going to go over things, I haven’t read the books so maybe repeating things. I have looked at the Wiki that Griefy linked to try and get my head round things.

Vambram (1) was a bronze seeker which is a rolefinder and he was skaa, but it wasn’t broken, so sounds like he was a back up seeker (rolefinder).

Elli – She was a Tineye and an Observer Tracker. She had this stolen.

Leelou – Obligator and PR giver. So she must know who the Noblemen are? Reading things the noblemen are the Mafia so if obligators are the cult, I would say the person who killed elli would also be cult? Reading wiki the Hermalurgy was used by the Steel Inquisitors and they controlled the noblemen. Would the obligators and Inquisitors be the same cult, or could there be two as they seem to cover different areas in the book? I hope that makes sense. I don’t know how they worked in the books.

Alanna, I would think that they might not be able to recruit, would they not already be these. From reading the bits I have the obligators or Steel Inquisitors seem to not do that. But I could be wrong. Or could it be that the Obligators are the cult and the Steel Inquisitor (Hermalurgy thingy) is a solo win?

Please tell me if I’m way off, because it’s confusing and I may be simplifying things too much.

As for who to go for next, I’m going to reread a bit. Womby, *echoes everyone else* why Tiinks?

Like some others I appologize for not being here much. I will try to change that. I feel that I have a hard time to understand the scenes as I haven´t read the Mistborn books. I will read the links above when I got time.

Now, let´s look at someting that has struck me. The Tiinker-Talya connection.

Sorry! I've been out and about for the past couple days. MCS and Songs interaction is just that of a lovey dovey couple.. I think we should just lynch both :p I don't think Griefy is mafia at the moment. The fact that Wombat jumped Song so quickly though pings me a bit. I'll do a re read after breakfast =)!

Ok. This sounds like a ordinary post. Just mentions anything and nothing. Will do a re read after breakfast.

No one ever does anything incriminating on the first day. You have to pick out little things and jump on them, the fun is in seeing what happens next.

Or you just say 'well let's vote for an inactive' which means you arguably lose the least but you gain nothing as the results of their death tell you nothing. Even if they're scum, apart from having one less scum you still gain no leads because they never talked to anybody. And the odds of an inactive being scum are no better than a random modkill at the end of the day being scum. As for waiting for the modkill, neither the random modkill or the subsequent night kill will tell you anything if no one has stirred up a little controversy the day before.

As for why I'm following Womby's lead, I believe the results of the kill will tell us as much about him as it will about his suspects. Maybe you'll decide it means something about me instead. I don't have anything to hide.

Either way, I advocate doing something rather than sitting on our collective hands.

I agree. It´s hard to see anything worth pointing out on day one. If I should follow your advise and pick on the little things I would ask why Meesh didn´t unvote MCS before voting Song. Problably just a mistake. I also notice that Tiinker must have the longest breakfast in the history. :biggrin:

Since nothing stands out enough I just unvote Aust for now.

I point out that Tiinker takes his time eating that breakfast. Half a joke comment but also half stating that he hasn´t come back with any more thoughts.

Sorry! I've been out and about for the past couple days. MCS and Songs interaction is just that of a lovey dovey couple.. I think we should just lynch both :p I don't think Griefy is mafia at the moment. The fact that Wombat jumped Song so quickly though pings me a bit. I'll do a re read after breakfast =)!

This post pings me quite a bit. Downplay of the Song/mcs OMGUS distancing followed by a statement that paints a target on Griefy's back. Then you FoS me which is par for the course imo and finally, one of my favorite scumtells: the preemptive reread announcement. Why announce a reread before the fact unless you are concerned about looking town? Why be so concerned about looking town unless you are scum?

So my top suspects right now are:

Tiinker

Song

MCS

I think lynching any one of them will give good info on the other two.

Here Wombat comments Tiinkers post and put him on top of his suspect list.

Why announce a reread before the fact unless you are concerned about looking town? Why be so concerned about looking town unless you are scum?

What? How does say I'm doing a re-read in any way imply that I'm mafia? Plausible reason needed. And how does a lynch on me provide any information whatsoever on MCS or Song?? I don't think I've even directly interacted with them! (Hi noobs)

Sorry Tina! Pancake day.. :p

So far there are 4 votes on Song and imo zero on her saying anything worthwhile except for GGs. How many do we need to lynch? Due to the inactivity on the weekends though I hope people hold off so we can get a chance to hear what they have to say before they quickly bandwagon and lynch so we get no info..

Well, just Tiinkers answer.

I already explained more than I need to. Announcing rereads before the fact serves only to make you look town and is therefore scummy. Still waiting on your conclusions from your reread btw. And a lynch on you would provide info on MCS and Song because you defended them. If you flip innocent, MCS and Song are more likely to be innocent. If you flip scum, then MCS and Song are more likely to be scum.

Again, Wombats answer.

Not necessarily Wombat. I do it all the time. Because I need to remember what has happened. Especially when I'm playing in a couple of games. It keeps things fresh. But it is also a way of saying that you aren't inactive and wanting to play, but need to reread to help do better posts.

It's when people say they will and then don't you can start looking at them. Give them time to do it. I need to do a reread! But not sure when I'll get time, got to do it in two other games too and I have a ton of stuff going on today!

Here Taly comes in defending the right to do a re read. Notice this is just three posts after Tiinkers last and two posts after Wombat.

I''ve managed to have a quick read through.

things that stand out:

Griefy's vote on song, she really has started a bandwagon there. but nothing happens until Meesh adds to it with no reason.

When i vote Aust to see what happend, later Tina unvotes.

Wombat/MCS/Song...I'm not sure what's going on there. Wombat is going a little over the top about MCS/Song, though I noticed they haven't changed their vote.

We only have a few hours left. Not too much ahs gone on over the last day, no one is really around, which really doesn't help.

I would rather go with a lynch than not.

So UNVOTE

VOTE SONG

I have no idea whether she is or not and not enough has gone on...but we may salvage something from this lynch than a random one...

Here she mentions what stands out. Do you see that she mentions both me and Wombat. The only two that have made comments about Tiinkers posts. Kind of a rescue operation? (I think I made it clear that Aust was my day one joke vote and when Talya voted him, without good reasons, I unvoted him.)

Vote Song

Yeah I agree. Preferably a less active player than an active one. *Crosses fingers*

Notice again. This is the post right after Talyas and Tiinker just follow Talyas leed and vote Song.

Oh wow. That hemalurgy scene was scary.

Conclusions from the scene:

1. There is hemalurgy. This is very dangerous. Death, ability stealing, and recruitment could all be tied to those spikes.

2. There is a Cult. Probably Obligators or Steel Ministry or both.

3. We just lost another investigative role.

All in all, not the best news. Also, I can't remember Elli or leelou making very many posts, so those look like standard info-limiting kills to me.

Also, Vote: Tiinker

Sorry for this long post. Just wanted to make it clear that I see a connection between Talya and Tiinker where Talya tries to save Tiinker when he is questioned. Notice again that their posts comes in short time after one another. I think they are on a team togheter and that they can chat on a qt board. Does this prove they are scum? No, of course not. They could be on a mason team or I can just have read this totaly wrong. I know this may seem like a omgus vote but I take a chans and vote Talya for now.

So because I didn't like what Wombat said about doing a reread...I'm defending tiinks...hmmm a little too stretched there. I've said it in other games...saying you are going to do a reread, doesn't mean you are scum as Wombat pointed out...so I was actually pointing out his idea is flawed, not protecting Tiinks. Also if you read that whole post, you will see that when people say that they will do a reread and DON'T then it can be iffy! I believe tiink didn't come back with his reread? So if not then I had actually pointed the finger at him for not doing so!

As for the posting. Tiink posts at 1am my time I'm not sure how many post inbetween, but i dodn't respond until 8 hours later...now if we were on a QT I would have responded as soon as I could, Now I usually check games (and boards if I have any) at about 7-8am, so why didn't I do it earlier, because I'm not on a board with him. so again your are stretching things.

As for mentioning you and wombat, was because you had said things that stood out to me. Very weak.

So because I didn't like what Wombat said about doing a reread...I'm defending tiinks...hmmm a little too stretched there. I've said it in other games...saying you are going to do a reread, doesn't mean you are scum as Wombat pointed out...so I was actually pointing out his idea is flawed, not protecting Tiinks. Also if you read that whole post, you will see that when people say that they will do a reread and DON'T then it can be iffy! I believe tiink didn't come back with his reread? So if not then I had actually pointed the finger at him for not doing so!

As for the posting. Tiink posts at 1am my time I'm not sure how many post inbetween, but i dodn't respond until 8 hours later...now if we were on a QT I would have responded as soon as I could, Now I usually check games (and boards if I have any) at about 7-8am, so why didn't I do it earlier, because I'm not on a board with him. so again your are stretching things.

As for mentioning you and wombat, was because you had said things that stood out to me. Very weak.

Yes, I probably did a fault when it comes to the timing. Excuse me. :blush: Actualy it isn´t a strong case but I have to look fore anything that looks supspicios and there hasn´t been so much to look into so far. But I will like to hear more from others before I remove my vote.

I am voting Tiinker because of his defense of Song/Vambram and MCS and his seemingly feigned reread. As for Talya being connected with Tiinker, that is an interesting possibility. All the more reason to lynch Tiinker imo as his lynch would provide info on 3 other players.

I'm "defending" them because I find your argument is a weak one, and i don't get how any information you get from lynching me would have anything to do with either one of them. You voted one of the two because of their Day 1 vote - gave your reason to be that after their 2 posts they must be mafia because of the way they communicated. I disagreed.. Don't really see what the fuss is all about..

Apologies for the messed-up vote yesterDay, I totally forgot I had my vote on MCS. >.< And sorry for not being very active; I know inactivity hurts any game.

I've caught up from where I left off but it's been so long since I last read the thread that I am going to need to skim the first part again to make sure I know what's what.

I do think that Tina has something, though. I'll place my vote when I've gone over the interactions again and know where I stand.

Okay, I did a reread/skim, and I'm actually more inclined to vote Wombat because of all the gun-jumping he's doing. I didn't see much after all with Tina's "Tinker/Talya" thing; Griefy defended declaring rereads before Talya did; I think it must be a common sentiment.

That is all.

I agree with Meesh. You have gone after people for numerous trivial reasons Wombat. To highlight a few, you said that song and I voting for each other at the beginning of the game was scummy, when it was OBVIOUS that we were flirting with one another. And then you go after Tiink for being a responsible player and re-reading the thread instead of randomly putting his vote on someone? It seems to me that you are going out of your way to be scummier than normal, and Ive never seen that used as a viable town strategy.

So I Vote Wombat. I think it's possible that you are acting as a heat shield to draw attention from your mafia compatriots.

I think the best information will come from a Tiinker lynch at this point, because I also found thr MCS-Tiinker-Song thing yesterday a bit iffy. Wombat is acting odd, yes, but not any odder than normal, and lynching him won't clear up any of these other suspicions.

I do want to say I don't really buy Talya being connected to Tiinker because she defended the reread comment. Mostly because I also think it's dumb that people are called scum for saying they're going to do a reread, whether they come back and do it or not. Why? Because I've said that when I innocent and mafia. As it is, I just never do rereads anymore because I know someone will immediately jump on me for saying so.

None of our known innocents did much before they were killed, neither did our known cult member, which is frustrating. Womby is the standout for me right now. I don't know if it's just his usual playstyle, but he's really pinging my scumdar. I know I tried to get people to jump on his Song bandwagon yesterday, but that was because a) we needed to kill someone and b) I wanted to see what he'd do. There's nothing immediately suspicious about delivering a theory up on day one (I've seen good players do this with amazing results, and I've also seen scum do it) but his subsequent actions are what make me suspicious. So here's a review:

On day one he unveils a conspiracy theory based on practically nothing, then is immediately suspicious of anyone who questions him. He continues to build on his earlier assumptions as if they are givens and incorporates doubters into his conspiracy theory, which is an aggressive strategy to discourage people from speaking against you. He ignores anything that doesn't support his theory, which suggests he is more focused on getting the lynch he wants than actually looking at what is going on, or worse, he wants to distract people from what is going on.

There's no evidence that MCS and Song were doing anything but random day one voting. We have much more to focus on, but he's still driving at that theory. At best his single-minded attention to this issue is needlessly distracting and ill-conceived, at worst he's scum. Vote Wombat.

None of our known innocents did much before they were killed, neither did our known cult member, which is frustrating. Womby is the standout for me right now. I don't know if it's just his usual playstyle, but he's really pinging my scumdar. I know I tried to get people to jump on his Song bandwagon yesterday, but that was because a) we needed to kill someone and b) I wanted to see what he'd do. There's nothing immediately suspicious about delivering a theory up on day one (I've seen good players do this with amazing results, and I've also seen scum do it) but his subsequent actions are what make me suspicious. So here's a review:

On day one he unveils a conspiracy theory based on practically nothing, then is immediately suspicious of anyone who questions him. He continues to build on his earlier assumptions as if they are givens and incorporates doubters into his conspiracy theory, which is an aggressive strategy to discourage people from speaking against you. He ignores anything that doesn't support his theory, which suggests he is more focused on getting the lynch he wants than actually looking at what is going on, or worse, he wants to distract people from what is going on.

There's no evidence that MCS and Song were doing anything but random day one voting. We have much more to focus on, but he's still driving at that theory. At best his single-minded attention to this issue is needlessly distracting and ill-conceived, at worst he's scum. Vote Wombat.

I agree. Therefore, I shall VOTE Wombat

I'm "defending" them because I find your argument is a weak one, and i don't get how any information you get from lynching me would have anything to do with either one of them. You voted one of the two because of their Day 1 vote - gave your reason to be that after their 2 posts they must be mafia because of the way they communicated. I disagreed.. Don't really see what the fuss is all about..

I never said they had to be scum. I don't say things like that unless I have proof (like if I'm a finder). Interesting exaggeration though. Makes me think MCS and Song might be innocent and you might be pulling the old "scum defending innocents" trick.

None of this makes sense. Need to go re-read...

Well then! According to Wombat, you're scum!

Not exactly. Either he doesn't care, he is trying to get my goat, or he is trying to WIFOM. I don't like any of those scenarios so I don't like that post by MCS.

Okay, I did a reread/skim, and I'm actually more inclined to vote Wombat because of all the gun-jumping he's doing. I didn't see much after all with Tina's "Tinker/Talya" thing; Griefy defended declaring rereads before Talya did; I think it must be a common sentiment.

That is all.

How is "gun-jumping" a lynchable offense? I never said doing rereads was scummy. I do rereads as both scum and town. I've already done one this game. What I think is scummy is announcing rereads before the fact. It serves no purpose other than to make the announcer look town. What's even scummier is announcing a reread and then not coming up with any conclusions, which is exactly what Tiinker ended up doing.

I incorporated a doubter into my theory, not multiple doubters. And I incorporated him not just for doubting my theory. He also put a target on you by saying he thought you were innocent and made a scummy preemptive reread announcement. Also, what the hell am I distracting from or ignoring? First MCS says I'm being a heat shield and now this. The only suspicious thing I haven't mentioned yet was Tina pulling off of Aust when Talya voted him and I was going to let that play out for now.

Scummy bandwagon vote is scummy.

Unvote Talya. It was a kind of far streched theory I made about Talya and Tiinker. No one seems to agree with me (exept for Wombat and Mmeeshal, but she took it back) and there haven´t been much reactions from anyone wich we can learn from. I will just keep this in mind as we move on.

I´m not ready to hop on a Wombat wagon jet. MCS says that he thinks Wombat is a heat shield for his fellow scum companions. I wonder - would maffia "sacrify" one of their own this early in the game? There is still time before we need to get a lynch so I´ll wait and see what happens.

I´m not ready to hop on a Wombat wagon jet. MCS says that he thinks Wombat is a heat shield for his fellow scum companions. I wonder - would maffia "sacrify" one of their own this early in the game? There is still time before we need to get a lynch so I´ll wait and see what happens.

Yes, they absolutely would. See: Kivam Gambit.

I don't think Wombat's necessarily trying to sacrifice himself so much as muddy the waters though.

To your comments on Wombat's behaviour, in a way it is his normal playstyle, but it has been a bit more than normal this game IMO.

I agree with Wombat here. A quick 'I agree' vote is extremely scummy, and I will be watching you closely.

For now though I'm voting Wombat

While I'm hesitant to vote Wombat sometimes, because he ALWAYS pings me, this game he has been quite erratic, and I have never, and will never accept 'That's his playstyle' as a reason why it is ok to look scummy. I realize that Wombat generally looks scummy, but this game he has been targeting people without any substantial reasoning IMO, and then adding anyone who disagrees into his suspicions. That looks quite scummy to me, and is enoguh to warrant my vote for now.

Just having a quick look through. Wombats insistent over MCS and Song was a little over the top. Saying that I know how sometimes in these games things can get a bit sickly sweet about friends voting for each other and playing at calling each other scum for fun! but it was a little over the top. But then Wombat can be like this. I wouldn't say he has been jumping all over the place, I think his actions have been focused, if a little too much.

On day 1 reading back was, one of things that stood out was Tina unvoting Aust. I put my vote on him to see what would happen and to add something to the game, it was stalling a bit.

Day 1 this was the final count:

MCS (2): Meesh; SongTina (1): Phelix

Song (5): MCS; Wombat; Griefy; Talya; Tinker

Griefy (1): Elli

If really sucked to be honest! Again I bring up Tina, she unvotes Aust, but didn't then go on to help us lynch anyone. Saying that even if she had then 6 would not have been enough to lynch song. It might be interesting to actually lynch Song and see why her lynch stalled, is she Mafia, if so, may explain why not many votes on her.

Day 2...wombat Votes for Tiinker with no explanation. Then tina is the next to vote and brings up this possible link between me and Tiinks. now there is a vote on Tiinks, so why put her vote on me. Surely if there is something there (as she thought) then it would have been easier to go for Tiinks. Or maybe she didn't want to seem Bandwagoning.

Wombat claims to be voting for Tiinks over the defending of Song(Vambram) and MCS the day before.

Meesh thinks she see something to Tina's vote but does a reread and thinks that wombat is a better bet! MCS agrees with Meesh and goes Wombat

Alanna comes in and Votes Tiinks saying that they would be more info there. she agrees with Wombat on the MCS/Song/Tiinker from Day 1. Griefy votes Womby, thenVanbram does with the 'I agree' I'm not too happy on those, I know that people can say things that you thought about, but I'm sure there was something your also thought about the game that wasn't in Griefy's post.

Tina's not ready to jump on Womby.

Talmanes does something odd, he seems to defend Wombat and agrees over the Vambram vote being scummy then votes him...

People have said that Wombat is erratic in this game, actually I didn't think he has been...erratic means all over the place and not consistent. not that it means much but the last time I played with him and he was scum, he didn't say as much and just came in and voted or unvoted and left not saying much (however - that is metagaming and I'm not going to base his innocent/guilt on that). He has been very focused on set people during the game though. MEH! I don't know what to think about him to be honest. I will vote to get a lynch, but there are others I find a little more scummy. Tina for one, Vambram and for getting info, my choice would be Tiinks.

Time to think...me thinks...sorry couldn't resist...

Just having a quick look through. Wombats insistent over MCS and Song was a little over the top. Saying that I know how sometimes in these games things can get a bit sickly sweet about friends voting for each other and playing at calling each other scum for fun! but it was a little over the top. But then Wombat can be like this. I wouldn't say he has been jumping all over the place, I think his actions have been focused, if a little too much.

On day 1 reading back was, one of things that stood out was Tina unvoting Aust. I put my vote on him to see what would happen and to add something to the game, it was stalling a bit.

Day 1 this was the final count:

MCS (2): Meesh; SongTina (1): Phelix

Song (5): MCS; Wombat; Griefy; Talya; Tinker

Griefy (1): Elli

If really sucked to be honest! Again I bring up Tina, she unvotes Aust, but didn't then go on to help us lynch anyone. Saying that even if she had then 6 would not have been enough to lynch song. It might be interesting to actually lynch Song and see why her lynch stalled, is she Mafia, if so, may explain why not many votes on her.

Day 2...wombat Votes for Tiinker with no explanation. Then tina is the next to vote and brings up this possible link between me and Tiinks. now there is a vote on Tiinks, so why put her vote on me. Surely if there is something there (as she thought) then it would have been easier to go for Tiinks. Or maybe she didn't want to seem Bandwagoning.

Wombat claims to be voting for Tiinks over the defending of Song(Vambram) and MCS the day before.

Meesh thinks she see something to Tina's vote but does a reread and thinks that wombat is a better bet! MCS agrees with Meesh and goes Wombat

Alanna comes in and Votes Tiinks saying that they would be more info there. she agrees with Wombat on the MCS/Song/Tiinker from Day 1. Griefy votes Womby, thenVanbram does with the 'I agree' I'm not too happy on those, I know that people can say things that you thought about, but I'm sure there was something your also thought about the game that wasn't in Griefy's post.

Tina's not ready to jump on Womby.

Talmanes does something odd, he seems to defend Wombat and agrees over the Vambram vote being scummy then votes him...

People have said that Wombat is erratic in this game, actually I didn't think he has been...erratic means all over the place and not consistent. not that it means much but the last time I played with him and he was scum, he didn't say as much and just came in and voted or unvoted and left not saying much (however - that is metagaming and I'm not going to base his innocent/guilt on that). He has been very focused on set people during the game though. MEH! I don't know what to think about him to be honest. I will vote to get a lynch, but there are others I find a little more scummy. Tina for one, Vambram and for getting info, my choice would be Tiinks.

Time to think...me thinks...sorry couldn't resist...

Where do you find this? Have I said so? No. Have you just done a bad reread, or?

I don't mean you said it...'saying that' is an expression like 'in other words' Sorry does that clarify it Tina... I was meaning that even if you had voted for Song it would have made no difference to the vote, because others weren't around!

Archived