DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

Doing a reread /= posting a reread. Maybe Tiinker's reread didn't yield anything conclusive. Maybe he reread but didn't have time to compose a reply. Maybe he's still composing a reply, complete with a full discourse analysis of the entire thread, coupled with extensive tables, graphs and references to the relevant literature. We can only wait and find out.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry! I've been out and about for the past couple days. MCS and Songs interaction is just that of a lovey dovey couple.. I think we should just lynch both :p I don't think Griefy is mafia at the moment. The fact that Wombat jumped Song so quickly though pings me a bit. I'll do a re read after breakfast =)!

Why announce a reread before the fact unless you are concerned about looking town? Why be so concerned about looking town unless you are scum?

What? How does say I'm doing a re-read in any way imply that I'm mafia? Plausible reason needed. And how does a lynch on me provide any information whatsoever on MCS or Song?? I don't think I've even directly interacted with them! (Hi noobs)

Sorry Tina! Pancake day.. :p

So far there are 4 votes on Song and imo zero on her saying anything worthwhile except for GGs. How many do we need to lynch? Due to the inactivity on the weekends though I hope people hold off so we can get a chance to hear what they have to say before they quickly bandwagon and lynch so we get no info..

I already explained more than I need to. Announcing rereads before the fact serves only to make you look town and is therefore scummy. Still waiting on your conclusions from your reread btw. And a lynch on you would provide info on MCS and Song because you defended them. If you flip innocent, MCS and Song are more likely to be innocent. If you flip scum, then MCS and Song are more likely to be scum.

Not necessarily Wombat. I do it all the time. Because I need to remember what has happened. Especially when I'm playing in a couple of games. It keeps things fresh. But it is also a way of saying that you aren't inactive and wanting to play, but need to reread to help do better posts.

It's when people say they will and then don't you can start looking at them. Give them time to do it. I need to do a reread! But not sure when I'll get time, got to do it in two other games too and I have a ton of stuff going on today!

First off, I do believe the vote count was not properly updated as of yet mr mod. Anywho, yeah, I think I'm not alone in thinking that you are sticking out like a sore thumb Wombat. I mean you always do, but everyone is always suspicious of you because of it. You don't always flip scum exactly, but people always imagine that you will. Coming off of that, what the heck does my vote on Song do in determining whether I am mafia or not? It was my random day 1 vote, that YOU jumped on secondly sir. The last few games Song and I have been in we've both voted each other right off. It just happens that in this game, neither of us have changed our votes yet. I myself have not because I haven't determined that anyone is scummy enough to deserve my vote as of yet. So IF anyone on the vote for Song is mafia, it would be you, or Meesh, because she jumped on it pretty quick. Perhaps both of you even, trying to get these lambs to pile on to an innocent. All of this is theory of course, because as I previously stated, I'm not ready to switch my vote yet.

That's not what I was claiming sir. If I was mafia I'd take out Song in a heartbeat, because it's a game, and a competitive environment. As for your claim that were mafia together, that is highly improbable, and the same paranoia we've all come to expect from you.

I''ve managed to have a quick read through.

things that stand out:

Griefy's vote on song, she really has started a bandwagon there. but nothing happens until Meesh adds to it with no reason.

When i vote Aust to see what happend, later Tina unvotes.

Wombat/MCS/Song...I'm not sure what's going on there. Wombat is going a little over the top about MCS/Song, though I noticed they haven't changed their vote.

We only have a few hours left. Not too much ahs gone on over the last day, no one is really around, which really doesn't help.

I would rather go with a lynch than not.

So UNVOTE

VOTE SONG

I have no idea whether she is or not and not enough has gone on...but we may salvage something from this lynch than a random one...

Vote Count:

MCS (2): Meesh; Song

Tina (1): Phelix

Song (5): MCS; Wombat; Griefy; Talya; Tinker

Griefy (1): Elli

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

A consensus has not been reached.

The Day passed in relative silence, each member silently mulling over their own thoughts. Fingers were pointed at Song, claiming she was the scumbag responsible, however when you went to lynch her, Vambram sneaked up behind you, startling you into swinging around and planting your knife in his heart.

Vambram, Un-Snapped Bronze Seeker, Rolefinder, has been random mod-killed.

It is now Night. Deadline for submissions is 4:00 PM Wednesday.

Yeah, that vote was never going to get off the ground. I find it interesting that we have unsnapped allomancers running around though. Also, was it intentional that the death scene didn't reveal alignment? Or is that what the green text is for? /dumb

First off: Sorry I haven't posted since that check in... work got hectic this weekend.

Now, onto meaty topics...

Unsnapped... well, interesting... I wonder what it takes to snap a character? In the books someone snaps after a near death experience... I wonder if someone were almost lynched, would their ability come out?

I'll be doing a re-read during the Night to catch back up... again, sorry... but the dorm is on Spring Break now, so my time should be much more free for the next two weeks. :biggrin:

Unsnapped means that their power has in a sense not been activated yet. It is usually through a near death experience that they 'snap'.

Bronze let's you sense people using Allomancy, which is why he was a seeker I assume.

We are definitely going to need people to be more active in this game, or we will be having a lot of random lynches, and that is never a good thing.

Looking at the vote numbers it looks like we didn't have enough people active over the weekend to prevent this from happening even if they all banded together. That can't happen again. Even a bandwagon lynch at least gives people a chance to defend themselves or reveal their role to prevent the players doing something they'll regret. The Mod God knows no such mercy.

All things considered it could have been worse. The fact that Vambram wasn't an active Finder suggests there's another one out there. I doubt Locke is cruel enough to start us out with no Finder at all given how much time it can take to get a useful result.

For the people who aren't familiar with Mistborn and don't want to be disadvantaged when it comes to speculation, Wikipedia has a surprisingly good article on Allomancers here

Briefly, here's a run-down:

Coinshots burn steel and can push metal objects away from themselves. They can shoot coins with deadly force and are used to make things dead.

Lurchers burn iron and can pull metal objects towards themselves. They carry heavy wooden shields and draw enemy projectiles into them to protect their allies.

Thugs (or Pewterarms if you're being fancy) burn pewter to increase their physical strength, speed, agility, balance, stamina, and ability to shrug off wounds. They're used as fighters, bodyguards or other jobs that require the ability to hit things.

Tineyes burn tin to increase their senses and are used as scouts, sentries, spies etc.

Seekers burn bronze and can detect other allomancers nearby, including what power they are using, how they are using it, and on who. They were used extensively by the Steel Ministry to hunt skaa allomancers.

Smokers (or Copperclouds as they are known to the nobility) burn copper to obscure themselves and any allomancers nearby from detection by a Seeker. They are also immune to emotional allomancy but others in their cloud are not.

Rioters burn zinc and can enflame the emotions of others nearby, increasing their anger, grief, happiness, or what have you. They can target one, several or all nearby people.

Soothers burn brass and are able to soothe the emotions of nearby people, decreasing their anger, sadness, happiness, suspicion or whatever. They can target one, several or all nearby people.

Seers burn atium (don't try to find it on your periodic table, it's a Sanderson original) and can see several seconds into the future, letting them predict their opponents moves and pretty much be untouchable for a short while. Atium burns very quickly and a single bead costs a fortune. Another person using atium effectively causes a standoff.

Mistborn can burn all these metals and some not covered above, and they are all kinds of badass.

Other more obscure metals include gold, which gives you a bad trip; electrum, which allows you to see several seconds into your own future and is useful only for giving atium users a headache; aluminium/aluminum which burns off all your metals (bad); duralumin which burns off all your metals for a brief power boost; and larasium (the other Sanderson original) which appears to turn people into Mistborn.

Other things worth mentioning:

Feruchemy: Another type of magic. Feruchemists store their attributes in pieces of metal and tap them later, giving them, for example, three days worth of speed in five seconds. To store attributes this way they need to forego that attribute for a time. So to store eyesight you would need to spend some time half blind. Attributes able to be stored are weight, speed, senses, strength, warmth, memories, wakefulness, age and health. A single ferumchemist can use all these powers.

Kandra: Kandra are shapeshifting creatures who can take someone's form by ingesting their skeleton. They are consummate actors and spies. They refuse to take human life but don't quibble about where their bones come from. They can be hired for extravagant amounts of atium.

Hemalurgy: this is an art used to steal allomantic or feruchemical powers from people by killing them with a metal spike and embedding it in your own flesh. It is used by the Steel Ministry to create Steel Inquisitors.

Steel Inquisitor: RUN.

So now you can join everyone else in speculating which of these will be appearing and how Locke has interpreted them for mafia.

I'm not going for a successive posting record or anything, just forgot to mention that the Wikipedia article has spoilers under the God Metal section. Big spoilers. Ruin-the-book for you spoilers. And ruining these books would be an awful thing, as you should be reading them.

Archived