DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Mistborn Mafia

Locke

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, I did a reread/skim, and I'm actually more inclined to vote Wombat because of all the gun-jumping he's doing. I didn't see much after all with Tina's "Tinker/Talya" thing; Griefy defended declaring rereads before Talya did; I think it must be a common sentiment.

That is all.

That seemed like a very reluctant little vote.

Well, I didn't see too much to vote Wombat for in the first place, he was mostly just striking me as weird, so for the time being, unvote. His claim sounds reasonable.

Seems to me that that was all too readily agreed upon. You knew what he was going to say and don't seem to be in the least bit shocked. I don't think he even viewed me since he was voting for me on the basis of the whole MCS/Song thing.

vote Tiinker in hopes of a controlled lynch.

I was rapidly becoming the top target and was dying for someone to give me a reason. That's just mean :sad:

Anyways, yeah they're small points but this game has been a bit slow and I can't really pick up on anything else. Cept maybe a few little things on Alanna..

I don't see in those posts where I said I would vote Wombat. The only thing that comes close to that is the last post, where I said the only reason I wasn't going to vote him was because he was already hammered. I likely would have voted him, if my vote had been needed. But I was still thinking about it in the morning (about 6 hours before deadline), I went away for a few hours, and when I came back, about three people had quickly voted him, reaching a majority.

The fact that it was only 8 minutes after he'd been hammered means what exactly? He was still hammered.

Maybe it means that you never wanted to vote him and as soon someone hammered him you showed up and agreed with the voters?

So you think I was lying about the fact that I left to do something, came back, and he'd suddenly garnered 3 votes on him - instead, you think I was waiting around, checking the game every ten minutes, until I saw he'd been hammered and then decided to chime in. Ha. I wish I had thought much free time on my hand.

And also, what an overtly scummy thing to do. I can't imagine, if I were mafia, why I would do that. I would either have been sure to be on his lynch near the end, or I would have continued to pretend indecision until we got his coroner report. To sit around and purposely wait 'til he was hammered, just so I could chime in right afterwards with an agreement? As mafia, what would that achieve, exactly?

If I really had been sitting around keeping such a close watch on the game, I probably would have jumped on the lynch near the end, once it became clear it was inevitable. I do realize that it looks bad, that I never voted Wombat, but your point about me posting 8 minutes after he was hammered (implying I was waiting for him to be lynched) actually contradicts the idea that I could be scum. It makes no sense.

Well, this game needs to get going, so I'm going to vote Tina for now. And no, it's not because of her case against me (well, a teeny, tiny part of it might be OMGUS, but I wouldn't vote her if that were the only reason :D). Tina has actually pinged me a couple of times in this game, beginning on Day 1, when she unvoted Aust. She unvoted him once Talya put a second vote on him, which is classic scum behavior.

Talya pointed out earlier that Tina then went on to not vote again, assisting us in gaining no lynch that day, but I'm not sure that helps in the case as her as mafia. Mafia should be pretty desperate to avoid a no lynch, since a random modkill could hit them too - to be honest, I know I'm always more eager to avoid random modkills when I'm mafia, then when I'm town. However, I have heard new players spout the theory recently (I've heard this a lot, in fact) that random modkills are good for the mafia because they get someone killed, so maybe Tina mistakenly thought that as well. Either way, she was one of many who never voted, so I don't think that tells us anything either way.

Anyhow, Day 2 she makes the point about a Talya-Tinker connection, which really seemed like a stretch to me. (If you are town, Tina, then I really appreciate you being active and making cases, so don't stop :D).

Unvote Talya. It was a kind of far streched theory I made about Talya and Tiinker. No one seems to agree with me (exept for Wombat and Mmeeshal, but she took it back) and there haven´t been much reactions from anyone wich we can learn from. I will just keep this in mind as we move on.

I´m not ready to hop on a Wombat wagon jet. MCS says that he thinks Wombat is a heat shield for his fellow scum companions. I wonder - would maffia "sacrify" one of their own this early in the game? There is still time before we need to get a lynch so I´ll wait and see what happens.

So she backs off this connection as soon as she sees she won't be getting any support for it, and unvotes Talya.

Later that day, with 4 votes on Wombat, she votes Vambram.

Getting short of time here. Tic tac. Don´t know if it is a good idea to vote a player that hasn´t any votes jet but I think Wambrams vote on Wombat was strange. No explenation was offered. So vote Wambram.

I think this game is really slow... I hope more players will post next day so we have more to go on. I´m afraid we will have a random mod lynch again. If more players vote Tiinker I can change my vote to him.

She cites his reasoning as sketchy, but it seems a bit out of nowhere for me. Vam had no other votes on him at that point.

Phelix votes Tinker then, putting him at 3 votes - enough to rival Wombat. And so, such a short time after voting Vambram (it was only about 3 posts later), Tina hops back on and votes Tinker instead:

Going to bed soon so I change my vote. Not that it seems to matter... Unvote. Vote Tiinker

Without any reasonsing offered (which was her reason for voting Vambram - voting with no explanation).

She's then pretty quiet for a while, until closer to the deadline:

Since I haven´t read the books I really don´t get everything but I´m trying to understand what you all are talking about. (Help links was good but I´m still confused. :biggrin: )

Watching this tennis game between Wombat and Griefy has made me even more confused but I think Talya made some good points. So vote Wombat.

She's the seventh of the eight votes needed to lynch him. A pretty scummy spot to be in. She hadn't really said anything about Wombat either way at this point - I think earlier on, when he had 3-4 votes, she said she wasn't ready to jump on him - fair enough. But then she only commented on the conundrum of Grief and Wombat claiming. Didn't say anything more about Wombat (or Grief) until she decided to vote him near the end of his lynch, quite close to deadline.

I went through Phelix's posts to see if anything stood out as to why he was killed this past evening.

You're right – he wasn't very active. In fact, the only one I found was this:

OK, I don't think Wombat is being erratic. He is making accusations that don't make much sense to me. Song and MCS don't look that scummy in what they're doing.

Talya seems to be writing a lot in defense of Wombat... or in defense of common sense, depending on how you look at it. There's not much scummy there, but if she doesn't something scummy in the future, this could be viewed as the first hints.

I'm not sure of where to cast my vote, but I am leaning Wombat. I am open to changing that vote, if more evidence is put forward for someone else.

Here he says something about Talya possibly defending Wombat, and then says he's leaning toward voting Wombat. Now after reading through Talya's replies to this, I really don't get the feeling that she's scum. However, it could be that the mafia thought Phelix was too “right on the money” when he did show up and therefore *draws finger across throat*

While on my quest for Phelix posts, I did happen to see these two posts and they gave me pause:

Please note that Talmanes, Vambram, and Meesh despite disagreeing with me are not on that list.

Couldn't resist. Although it would be reallllllly ridiculous to name your teammate in a list like that, knowing that when you go down, he/she will go down too.

@Tiinker, the ONLY reason I was voting you was for a controlled lynch, not for anything else. You really need to take a chill pill.

But since we have more time. unvote

Before I put my vote back on Wombat, I have a question for Griefy: are you a full finder, or just a rolefinder? The only reason I ask is because with the whole "un-snapped rolefinder" thing, I just thought it seemed more likely for there to be a plain old rolefinder rather than a full finder, already active.

In addition to some of her other posts mentioned by others (Talmanes in particular) (which I am not recreating here so as not to have a big long page of posts) I found this one incredibly suspicious. I know the situation wasn't as cut and day as “I am a finder, he is scum.” However, looking back on it, this seems like Meesh is trying to undercut Griefy in favor of keeping Womby.

For now, vote Meesh, but I can be swayed to vote elsewhere. And I'm posting this now, yeah I know, close to MCS's vote, but it's Easter weekend, I recently got married, and have family stuff to do, so I'm biz as I'm sure at least half of you are too. Just wanted to get my vote in *g*.

Congratulations Keyholder. I hope you had a wonderful wedding day.

Alanna - I´m happy that you notice that I try to post a lot and make cases. Before I started with maffia games I looked at some here at DM. What I saw was that many players were inactive and the rest of the players was irritated. So I said to myself that if I should play I would really play, not just lurk around. That doesn´t mean that I always do good cases but, as you know, sometimes you get reactions of the lousy ones to and then you can look a little bit closer on those reactions. Btw I still think you look scummy.

Now, we have some votes on Mmeeshal. I could go along with that but lets hear what she has to say first.

And I think you look scummy :tongue: It is definitely awesome that you are active, so please do stay that way :D

I actually find the votes on Meesh a bit puzzling. I've reread some of the posts on her, but I'm still not sure what people are seeing as suspicious. Can someone clarify?

I honestly think people (read: Tiink) are reading way too much into this.... First of all, the whole "reluctant little vote" thing. I don't see how that was a reluctant vote? What did I say that made it "reluctant?"

I can see your points on the next few posts...but then, unvoting someone who claims a town power role that makes sense shouldn't be a bad thing. Metagaming here, I know you disagree, as you hammered an unchallenged healer claim in another game for the sake of a controlled lynch (and yes, I'm still a tad bitter about that :tongue:), but, at least in my experience, you don't lynch someone with a role claim unless they've been challenged and they're scummier or it's totally obvious they're lying. It's too risky, you could lose a helpful role that is there to balance the mafia's team and killing powers. So of course I'd remove my vote from Wombat after his claim. It's the normal, sane thing to do, pending further discussion of the matter.

Should I have been shocked at his claim? Wombat's always hard to read, to me, so his weird playstyle very well could have been just that--his playstyle. It wasn't, obviously, but at the time, I couldn't have known that. Everything is so much clearer in hindsight, isn't it?

One other thing that bugged me was your comment about "don't think he viewed me" or whatever. Did he say he viewed you anywhere? I certainly never implied that I thought he did... That's a little thing, I know, but I tend to nitpick sometimes.

Shoot, I gotta go to work, so I can't sit here and respond in depth to everyone's posts, but a few major points:

@MCS--I don't like your vote at all, it gives nonsensical reasoning and seems like bandwagoning to look good. FOS MCS. I may vote you before I leave for my family's house tonight, that was the scummiest thing I've seen yet. How was my "reasoning off?"

@Key--Yeah, I see what you're saying. It did make more sense though, in my mind, for there to be a regular rolefinder in the game, since there was an unsnapped (backup) rolefinder running around before. So I figured I'd clarify what kind of role Griefy was claiming, because you have to be careful with conflicting roleclaims--you lynch wrong, you shoot yourself in the foot.

Anyway, I have to run (literally) but I SHOULD be back in 6 hours, maybe less....

A few things I noted whilst checking back through.

Tiinks, makes a comment about thinking that griefy is innocent, to me this may mean she is part of his mason team...That may have been said, I didn't have chance to read thoroughly and may have missed it)

Alanna, There was something she said about the death scene of Leelou I think it was and noblemen. I got the feeling that she questioned something and then answered herself. This makes me believe that she wasn't part of the Leelou team, if there is one. I may be wrong and she may have said it to look like she didn't know, but it didn't come across like that. doesn't mean she isn't mafia though! I don't think she voted Day 1 nor Day 2 (Day 1 we could have really used that vote amongst others) . I think someone mentioned about Mafia not like the random lynch, so are more likley to vote. But I would have thought that with random lynches it provides less information for the town further down the road. Personally I think they could have voted and not...spread themselves around a bit!

Tina had unvote day one and didn't vote again neither. She makes a link about me and Tiinks, which was very thin indeed! On day two she votes me, then Vambram, and then changes it to Tiinks, before then jumping on Wombat. I'm not sure when she voted Tiinks, I think it was after Wombats claim, but it wasn't long after Phelix had and then Meesh follows suit. ( i can't remember if Tiinks had claimed Mason at this point!)

There have been some who have been a little too quiet, Aust for one, player and Mav. Why haven't they been a little more vocal. the last time Aust was so quiet he turned out to be scum. (in one of my last games) I guess it would be too easy if he were mafia again. I'm reluctant to just go after inactives, I would rather they took part and brought their ideas to the table!

At the moment I'm leaning towards Meesh or Tina. both too quickly were willing to jump on Tiinks, then both moved across at the end to Wombat. I don't believe that both would be mafia, but stranger things have happened.

But the Day is still young and tomorrow I can eat chocolate after 40 days without....it's been a long time!!!

I honestly think people (read: Tiink) are reading way too much into this.... First of all, the whole "reluctant little vote" thing. I don't see how that was a reluctant vote? What did I say that made it "reluctant?"

I can see your points on the next few posts...but then, unvoting someone who claims a town power role that makes sense shouldn't be a bad thing. Metagaming here, I know you disagree, as you hammered an unchallenged healer claim in another game for the sake of a controlled lynch (and yes, I'm still a tad bitter about that :tongue:), but, at least in my experience, you don't lynch someone with a role claim unless they've been challenged and they're scummier or it's totally obvious they're lying. It's too risky, you could lose a helpful role that is there to balance the mafia's team and killing powers. So of course I'd remove my vote from Wombat after his claim. It's the normal, sane thing to do, pending further discussion of the matter.

Should I have been shocked at his claim? Wombat's always hard to read, to me, so his weird playstyle very well could have been just that--his playstyle. It wasn't, obviously, but at the time, I couldn't have known that. Everything is so much clearer in hindsight, isn't it?

One other thing that bugged me was your comment about "don't think he viewed me" or whatever. Did he say he viewed you anywhere? I certainly never implied that I thought he did... That's a little thing, I know, but I tend to nitpick sometimes.

Well excusé-moi, I said they were small points :P

As for the viewing, well when someone says they're a finder after going at someone on a basis of "seems like they had a bit of communication there" then I'd usually think that they'd have already viewed that person and just needed a small argument to put their vote forward, and only claimed when they had to.

Meesh, Alanna, Tina, all slightly dodgy but nothing jumps out as particularly damning. I can understand the unwillingness to vote for a claimed finder, so I'll buy Meesh and Alanna's excuses pending further investigation/need for a quick lynch. Tina's only scummy behaviour is making tenuous cases but no one has so far managed to put forward a good one and I don't want to discourage her, especially when there are so many inactives floating around. So that's about where I'm at. The inactives are a problem, what's say we give them an incentive to participate? Vote Aust.

First off I'll UNVOTE. I do have reasoning for why I did it, but now I realize it is not really enough to vote for someone.

Okay, I did a reread/skim, and I'm actually more inclined to vote Wombat because of all the gun-jumping he's doing.

That is all.

Well, I didn't see too much to vote Wombat for in the first place, he was mostly just striking me as weird, so for the time being, unvote. His claim sounds reasonable.

I just find it weird that you jumped off of him just like that. Sure, you want to unvote someone when they claim a town role, but so quickly? It's as if you knew... not saying you did. It's just a bit off.

vote Tiinker in hopes of a controlled lynch.

@Tiinker, the ONLY reason I was voting you was for a controlled lynch, not for anything else. You really need to take a chill pill.

But since we have more time. unvote

Before I put my vote back on Wombat, I have a question for Griefy: are you a full finder, or just a rolefinder? The only reason I ask is because with the whole "un-snapped rolefinder" thing, I just thought it seemed more likely for there to be a plain old rolefinder rather than a full finder, already active.

You then jump on Tiinker for a "controlled lynch", and not to long after just go right back to Wombat? That was off too. You unvoted someone, and you were vague in giving reason to vote for them, then you go and vote for someone with just as little of a reason, only to unvote them because you're questioned about it just to go back to the vote you won't be called out on because it is currently the majority. Not really scummy necessarily, just weird. So yeah, that is why I had voted for you. I now however realized it's only enough to be suspicious of you, and not deserving of a vote.

Apparently, Aust has been really ill. He's been MIA because of that for several days now. I had to replace him in my BA game.

Okay, so I still don't get the Meesh thing, even with MCS' explanation. Everything she did seems reasonable. She voted Wombat, who was up for a lynch until he claimed finder. Then she unvoted, cuz, yeah, he claimed finder. Then she voted Tinker for a majority. Then it turned out we had more time, so she unvoted to give it more time to think, now that we had more time. Then Grief's claim put Wombat up for a lynch again, so she voted him.

What is weird or suspicious about that? Am I missing something?

Apparently, Aust has been really ill. He's been MIA because of that for several days now. I had to replace him in my BA game.

Okay, so I still don't get the Meesh thing, even with MCS' explanation. Everything she did seems reasonable. She voted Wombat, who was up for a lynch until he claimed finder. Then she unvoted, cuz, yeah, he claimed finder. Then she voted Tinker for a majority. Then it turned out we had more time, so she unvoted to give it more time to think, now that we had more time. Then Grief's claim put Wombat up for a lynch again, so she voted him.

What is weird or suspicious about that? Am I missing something?

Defending a fellow scum are we? Or do you know she's innocent for a fact and that's why you can't see what we see? Dun dun daa..

Archived