DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm fine with less Rand/Egwene then Matt/Perrin in ToM. I mean I loved the story lines and all for Rand and Egwene, but I didn't get enough Matt and Perrin in really important scenes. My preference in ToM would be 40% Matt/Perrin, 30% Rand/Egwene, and 30% other (honestly minimal Elayne since she has been annoying ever since she got back to Caemlyn).

Actually, from what I understand, Elayne's arc will be developed further in ToM. You can't ignore her when Mat arrives at Caemlyn, but I get the feeling that she'll have her own issues as well. Of course, I could be misinterpreting what Brandon says.

Yeah, I've a feeling Elayne will have a big part in ToM. She wasnt in tGS because her plotline hadnt really anything to do and she was the furthest ahead of everyone in terms of that plotline.

but i think she will play a big part for one of,or two of, or all of, 3 reasons.

1. As yoniy0 said, Mat is in Caemlyn, that at least guarentees some time.

2. Egwene's sucessful coup of the tower, she will have the ability to notice Elayne again. (An AS queen anyone think the tower wont interfere?)

3. The Black Tower is awfully close, and seems like crap is going to hit the fan there in ToM, I doubt Elayne will jsut sit by while a few miles of Andor gets blown to dust.(figuratively)

I just wanna so a Rand chapter and him talk circles around everyone since apparently he is all dragons now.  That would be hilarious.  Maybe go to a room first with Min explain to her that he really isnt crazy and come out and start talking circles.

I know this has probably been discussed to death somewhere else but it was my impression Rand only visualized the line of dragons through history, as a way to understand his place in the grand scheme of things and to get his mind back right. If he had access to all the prior knowledge of dragons pre LTT then he would be one crazy powerful figure (i accept he probably has a better handle on LTT memories etc but not any prior)

To the topic on hand - I think Mat and Perrin will have to have a larger slice of the pie to get everyone on the same time line - Mat may have a lot more as he seems to have a lot to do. Although I have a feeling Perrin will be the one to sort out the borderlanders. (probably straying into the speculation thread now)

The impression I get is Brandon is moving along pretty quick and I am confident the book will be out when it suppose to. BTW I really enjoyed TGS as the pace was back to the earlier books ie 1-6

Is there a thread on how exactly Rand reintegrating with LTT will effect him or does one need to be made?

I was under the impression that he just goes back to normal (as in The Eye of the World through The Shadow Rising  kind of normal)

Really? I don't think so.

the effects of the taint are still there.

Brandon said that the use of the TP will have ramifications.

He still will distrust AS.

If he does go back to being EotW-SR i will be extremely disappointed. Yeah, he did some bad stuff, but he learned a hell of a lot aswell. I mean, seriously, can anyone actually say that Rand in tGS (apart from the Balefire and nearly killing Tam.) was not exteremly intelligent/efficiant. He could face down Cadsuane, he learned that silence is often more powerful than shouting, he was pretty cool.

But, saying that, i think i do understand you, and I agree somewhat. I think his demaneour and such will go back to around tGH (he can laugh and cry and not depressed all the time)

Awesome! ;D

21% and 16% cut from those two chapters tonight. And I'm going to open a pack of cards. ;)    about 24 hours ago  via TweetDeck 

2 Chapters edited today: 22% and 14% cut. Also, here's a Q&A: "Do you ever, during revision, change your mind and put something back in."

Each time I read a book through, I weigh and judge it, looking for weakness. In TofM I just added back in an entire scene I had cut.    about 11 hours ago  via TweetDeck 

Aparently he hacked away one chapter:

Brandon Sanderson# Well, that was brutal. 71% cut from that chapter, the remaining bit spliced onto the end of the last chapter. about 7 hours ago via TweetDeck

Brandon Sanderson# In revision, I'd decided to do what this chapter did in another chapter, and did it better there. So this one gut gutted. about 7 hours ago via TweetDeck

Brandon Sanderson#    Or...that should have been *got* gutted, eh? Long day...    about 7 hours ago  via TweetDeck

55% done according to his website ;D

This is interesting, because that's about how far in he is with the current draft he's working on. Does this imply that the current draft will be the final one (or almost final)?

No, it won't be the final one. But I think it will be close to final.

His plane has been delayed

"Oh, joy. Plane delayed. Guess I'll work on TofM. Hope no wheel of time fans happen to peek over my shoulder and see what is on my screen."

SOMEONE GET TO THE AIRPORT WITH A CAMERA NOW!

Oh and

"First airport chapter cut by 10%. One of my favorites in the book."

It's so odd to know how things are actually going with upcoming books.  RJ gave us an approximate date and that was it until it was finalized.  It's cool that Brandon keeps us in the loop.  We need our fix and he lets us know that 'yes, we're getting there...' nearly every day. 

55% done according to his website ;D

This is interesting, because that's about how far in he is with the current draft he's working on. Does this imply that the current draft will be the final one (or almost final)?

It still has to go to Harriet and Maria. There was another editor as well, then Tor's team.

I remember the last time when Brandon finished editing tGS he sent the book to the Trio, then after those edits he sent it to Tor it's self for another round of editing.

It may not be the first time the Trio sees parts of this book but there is a difference between seeing it in it's partial form and then it's "Brandon is done" form. He'll be sending the Trio the entire manuscript after his editing is done.

Archived