DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want the chapter list to be released just so we can sit and speculate on who Chapter 81 has to do with based on the name and work from there :P

Gosh, imagine the hell that would have been let loose if they did that with The Gathering Storm.

Imagine seeing the chapter : "The Death of Tuon"

*hell breaks loose*  :D

They DID do that. Every chapter title was posted on DM about five days before the books release, and everyone FLIPPED over "The Death of Tuon," "A Visit from Verin Sedai," and "The One He Lost." I was super pissed.

Can only access twitter on my phone at work, but he recently combined a whole bundle of chapters bringing the total down to 72, and said that might change by one or two chapters.

It's so close now! Like seeing the finishing line after a mini-marathon ... lol

I do hope they don't release chapter names - I want as much of a surprise as possible. *Looks significantly at Luckers*

Hey! I don't spoil. I just think stuff, and then say it.

They DID do that. Every chapter title was posted on DM about five days before the books release, and everyone FLIPPED over "The Death of Tuon," "A Visit from Verin Sedai," and "The One He Lost." I was super pissed.

They were posted in the spoiler thread, on the spoiler board.

They were posted in the spoiler thread, on the spoiler board.

lol

I like spoilers.  A scene taken out of context gets me excited to see HOW they got to that scene.  On occasion I'll flip to a random page and read the middle of a paragraph or something like that.

I like spoilers.  A scene taken out of context gets me excited to see HOW they got to that scene.  On occasion I'll flip to a random page and read the middle of a paragraph or something like that.

I did that on the KoD release and the sentence I read was 'Semirhage took Rand's hand'

I resisted tGS time round.

I do hope they don't release chapter names - I want as much of a surprise as possible. *Looks significantly at Luckers*

Open mouth. Insert other foot.  ;D

I did that on the KoD release and the sentence I read was 'Semirhage took Rand's hand'

Sounds like this Russian roulette game to me... Too dangerous.

A friend of mine who was about to start the series read one of the back pages of WH (despite my objections) and found out Saidin had been cleansed. He didn't really understand the signifiance until he started reading the series. And then he was thoroughly pissed at himself.

Hmmph.  when I was like fifteen my buddy was telling me to read this book Imagica wasn't really interested so he was explaining it to me.  He told me the ending.  Ten years later I pick up this 1000 page bok with no memory of this conversation got to the last hundred pages and must of had some subconcious que and this conversation replays in my head.  Read the next chapter like wtf???  super lame.  He thought it was funny though.  spoilers suck.

It's not like I have insider information. I just think real good sometimes.

It's not like I have insider information. I just think real good sometimes.

o rly?  You don't spoil but you have insider info.  If you pushed hard enough you probably could get a read 2 days early.  For the amount of time you have put in on these forums, you could probably get that.

Oh, I don't know. Jason gets to read them in advance, but I don't think anyone else at Dragonmount does. What do you say, Luckers? If you ask Jason to crush on his couch the week before, would he get suspicious that you took a flight just to see him?

By the way, I don't mind your theories at all. Quite the opposite. As long as it's based on something I could've noticed myself, I'm happy to use your services, so to speak...

I'm not sure that that would even ruin a story for me...I'd be curious as to how he ended up in a situation where that was possible, I'd be curious what the fallout from that would be.  Maybe I'm just weird...

Jason gets to read them in advance, but I don't think anyone else at Dragonmount does.

Kath did. Which, given all her work for JordanCon, makes a great deal of sense.

Bet Luckers would scream like a girl if he got the book 2 days early  ;D

Yes. This is true.

You could give him a blank copy - best of both worlds. He'd scream like girl, then cry like a girl.

I'd almost record myself squeling like that.

You could give him a blank copy - best of both worlds. He'd scream like girl, then cry like a girl.

The crying would come later. First would come the bloodshed. It would be glorious.

I like spoilers.  A scene taken out of context gets me excited to see HOW they got to that scene.  On occasion I'll flip to a random page and read the middle of a paragraph or something like that.

I'm not sure that that would even ruin a story for me...I'd be curious as to how he ended up in a situation where that was possible, I'd be curious what the fallout from that would be.  Maybe I'm just weird...

Well, yes, I must say I was slightly confused when I read the book and Rand and Semirhage never got hitched.

BrandonSandrson    And...13.4% from the last scene. Book length is 320,286 words. 42,614 words cut. 11.7%. About 5k more than KoD; 4th longest in the series.

less than a minute ago via TweetDeck

This was tweeted by Brandon Sanderson at almost 10:50pm Central Daylight Savings Time.

BrandonSandrson    Hold off on celebrating TOO much, though. Needs a spellcheck, and a spot fix some problems Team Jordan has mentioned about earlier chapters

17 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Brandon tweeted this at almost immediately after the tweet seen above this post.

BrandonSandrson Then it gets sent to a secret cabal of beta readers (no, you can't join them. Sorry.) I spot fix problems they find, then a last quick draft

16 minutes ago via TweetDeck

Tweeted by Brandon almost four minutes after the tweet quoted in the above post.

Jason gets to read them in advance, but I don't think anyone else at Dragonmount does.

Kath did. Which, given all her work for JordanCon, makes a great deal of sense.

Bet Luckers would scream like a girl if he got the book 2 days early  ;D

Yes. This is true.

I'd almost record myself squeling like that.

The crying would come later. First would come the bloodshed. It would be glorious.

I like spoilers.  A scene taken out of context gets me excited to see HOW they got to that scene.  On occasion I'll flip to a random page and read the middle of a paragraph or something like that.

I'm not sure that that would even ruin a story for me...I'd be curious as to how he ended up in a situation where that was possible, I'd be curious what the fallout from that would be.  Maybe I'm just weird...

Well, yes, I must say I was slightly confused when I read the book and Rand and Semirhage never got hitched.

ROFLMAO!

Archived