DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A new tweet by Brandon:

Okay, back and ready to hit the last week of this revision. (There will be one more after this one.)

EDIT: Also:

8% cut from Chapter 80. In other news, the chapters have numbers now. 94 chapters in the book plus a multi-scene epilogue.

A new tweet by Brandon:

Okay, back and ready to hit the last week of this revision. (There will be one more after this one.)

EDIT: Also:

8% cut from Chapter 80. In other news, the chapters have numbers now. 94 chapters in the book plus a multi-scene epilogue.

94 chapters? Holy crap.  That blows away the previous WOT high for chapter count (which I believe was TSR with 58 chapters).  There must be a hell of a lot more viewpoints in ToM.

From Brandon's Twitter about a half hour ago:

Chapter 81 is a heart-wrenching one Maybe the one in the book I'm most proud of, despite its contents. Anyway, 18.5% cut from it.

Let the speculation begin-is it related to the Black Tower, or the Borderlands? Or perhaps Tower of Ghenjei?

Chapter 81 is a heart-wrenching one Maybe the one in the book I'm most proud of, despite its contents. Anyway, 18.5% cut from it.

Let the speculation begin-is it related to the Black Tower, or the Borderlands? Or perhaps Tower of Ghenjei?

I'm guessing someone dies.... dun dun DUN!!

I'm guessing someone dies.... dun dun DUN!!

I'll wager five cool points it's Lan. Nynaeve arrives too late to save him or something, fulfilling Min's vision.

I am looking forward to the multi-view epilogue as well.

Man, this book is going to be so epic!

One of the best books I think!

Alot of sad moments im also thinking.

Brandon said it would be darker than tGS, so it will be bloody epic.

I think that it will possibly be better than the final book, AMOL.

I want the chapter list to be released just so we can sit and speculate on who Chapter 81 has to do with based on the name and work from there :P

I want the chapter list to be released just so we can sit and speculate on who Chapter 81 has to do with based on the name and work from there :P

Gosh, imagine the hell that would have been let loose if they did that with The Gathering Storm.

Imagine seeing the chapter : "The Death of Tuon"

*hell breaks loose*  :D

It's so close now! Like seeing the finishing line after a mini-marathon ... lol

I do hope they don't release chapter names - I want as much of a surprise as possible. *Looks significantly at Luckers*

These last couple months are always the hardest.

November should pan out to be pretty sweet.  School will back in full, the busy season for us bartenders in New Orleans will be in full swing ($$$), and the Saints will be playing (and winning) again, and the new wot book will be out!

We need an :excited: graemlin on here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzyNayQaLljxVhzaM4RZEYZBN897EDlbQKvrXa1yNWjH4PSvM&t=1&usg=__TrD9ksB_qfIdQD45PNm-mRv40Z0=

These last couple months are always the hardest.

November should pan out to be pretty sweet.  School will back in full, the busy season for us bartenders in New Orleans will be in full swing ($$$), and the Saints will be playing (and winning) again, and the new wot book will be out!

We need an :excited: graemlin on here.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzyNayQaLljxVhzaM4RZEYZBN897EDlbQKvrXa1yNWjH4PSvM&t=1&usg=__TrD9ksB_qfIdQD45PNm-mRv40Z0=

I am with you Brother but in my case My Beloved Bolts will be playing, Good Times!

From Brandon's Twitter a half hour ago:

All is coming together. Exchanged emails with Team Jordan. I suspect the final book will end up around 60 chapters, after combining scenes.

Ok, so it won't be 94 chapters.  I was really surprised when I saw that number being discussed yesterday.  Still, if it's 60 chapters that will still be the largest number for a WOT book.

Archived