DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

'Towers of Midnight' progress bar

mb

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brandon's latest tweet:

If I start AMOL January 2011 (as I plan) and take the same time to write it as the others, we'll have real trouble getting it out that fall.

So it may not be until 2012 until the final book is out. It is a bummer to have to wait until 2012, but I know that he is working hard and putting in long hours. Let it take however long it needs to take.

Agreed on letting it take as long as it needs to for AMOL.  The man has been working extremely hard, and between doing two tours in 3 months, I'm sure he'll be fried and need that downtime in December.  The extra time will allow me to read other series (e.g. Malazan series).  Blasphemous, I know.

ooh the our world better not end before the darn books do!

That would be an awesome advertising tagline!

"In 2012, our world will end. But will Rands?"

Why is everyone so obessed over a Pevara POV? I'm just worried people are setting themselves up for dissappointment.

Its because Pevara is damn cool. She is actually a Red who is actually portrayed as having a decent personality, rather then the usual ones you see about. Not only that, but it'll give us insight into what is happening at the Blacktower.

Latest from Brandon's twitter

Off to bed. 12%, 18%, 12% cut from latest chapters. Book is under 350k words now. About 35% through the revision.

Over 1/3 completed for this current revision (with probably other revisions yet to occur). It sounds like it is coming together nicely :)

ooh the our world better not end before the darn books do!

That would be an awesome advertising tagline!

"In 2012, our world will end. But will Rands?"

Why is everyone so obessed over a Pevara POV? I'm just worried people are setting themselves up for dissappointment.

Its because Pevara is damn cool. She is actually a Red who is actually portrayed as having a decent personality, rather then the usual ones you see about. Not only that, but it'll give us insight into what is happening at the Blacktower.

Isn't Tarna also a great Red? Not that I don't like Pevara, it's just I hate seeing people set themselves up for disapointment. Not to mention I'm alot more eager for Moraine.

Tarna hasn't done much (good), but her PoV made it seem like she's got what it takes. And we shouldn't forget Silviana.

Now, to my question. Yesterday (or the day before) Brandon Twitted:

@DukeOfDunstable That is correct. Though it might be a tad more. This book will be longer, and a lot of that is some extra Rand/Egwene.

The thing is, I don't have a Twitter account (and most of the time I don't want one), and my RSS feed won't show me the original question. Was he asked about AMoL? Was it ToM? Could someone check (is it even possible)?

Now, to my question. Yesterday (or the day before) Brandon Twitted:

@DukeOfDunstable That is correct. Though it might be a tad more. This book will be longer, and a lot of that is some extra Rand/Egwene.

The thing is, I don't have a Twitter account (and most of the time I don't want one), and my RSS feed won't show me the original question. Was he asked about AMoL? Was it ToM? Could someone check (is it even possible)?

According to Twitter the querstion was

@brandonsandrson You've been quoted saying Rand and Eg will get about the same screentime as Mat and Perrin in TGS. Is this the case?

^ I thought that was already confirmed somewhere? That the tGS would be two Groups focus on (Eg and Rand) and then ToM would focus on the other two pair. Then when aMoL begins all the groups should be in the same Timeframe if not same spot.

Looks like there's some confusion in the Twitter Q and A.  I read Brandon's answer as referring to Towers of Midnight, not the Gathering Storm, because why would he answer the question about the Gathering Storm a day or two ago?  It also isn't right that there is an equal amount of Rand/Egwene as Mat/Perrin in the Gathering Storm.

I'm hoping that his answer means there's a decent amount of Rand in the next book.  I'm afraid it will be almost all Mat and Perrin and Elayne.

Looks like there's some confusion in the Twitter Q and A.  I read Brandon's answer as referring to Towers of Midnight, not the Gathering Storm, because why would he answer the question about the Gathering Storm a day or two ago?  It also isn't right that there is an equal amount of Rand/Egwene as Mat/Perrin in the Gathering Storm.

I'm hoping that his answer means there's a decent amount of Rand in the next book.  I'm afraid it will be almost all Mat and Perrin and Elayne.

Let's try and clear this up.

The question was

@brandonsandrson You've been quoted saying Rand and Eg will get about the same screentime as Mat and Perrin in TGS. Is this the case?

Notice will. As in in the future.

So the person is really asking whether the Rand and Egwene plotlines in ToM will be about the same length as Matt and Perrin's were in TGS

To which Brandon replied

In other words, In ToM Rand and Egwene will get about the same time, possibly slightly more time, than Perrin and Matt did in TGS.

Hope that's cleared that up.

Yeah, I too was confused the first couple of times I read that.

BTW I'm still a bit confused. Mat and Perrin didn't exactly have the same amount of screen-time in TGS. So what will it be, a chapter or two, or more like 6-8 chapters?

BTW I'm still a bit confused. Mat and Perrin didn't exactly have the same amount of screen-time in TGS. So what will it be, a chapter or two, or more like 6-8 chapters?

The latter for sure and I would say that's a conservative estimate.  I would guess, from what I've seen quoted from BWS here, maybe more like 8-10 chapters quite possibly.

The latter for sure and I would say that's a conservative estimate.  I would guess, from what I've seen quoted from BWS here, maybe more like 8-10 chapters quite possibly.

I know we all love Mat and Perrin and I know they are important to the story... but Tarmon Gaidon is a-coming, and it looks to me like Rand and Egwene's work has just begun. Hopefully at least a few of those chapters will be speant TOGETHER so that somebody can finally talk to someone else about what's going on.

Creator forbid!!  Talk to each other??? Shirley you jest.  If they did that they might actually do something intelligent, reduce tensions, have a realistic chance at winning TG.

Mama don't 'llow none o' that 'roun' heah!

Don't forget that even if they do, it will either end with a spanking or a shouting match.

Archived