DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Casting Lanfear

Morani

55 minutes ago, Sir_Charrid said:

I mean the powers of CGI now days they could take someone and then change the body, alot of your MCU superheroes do not have the bodies that appear on screen, I can't remember who it was but I remember an actor telling a story once about how he spent months getting in shape for an MCU role, turned up on set and realised the other actors where relying on either the outfit they where given to make them look like they had a 6 pack, or, had been told that the body would be tweaked by CGI later. 

The same could be done for Lanfer, there is enough filters and trickery used in normal print media and on instagram etc that almost any actress could be taken and then made something more. 

Wait?  What we see in movies isn't real???

LOL - not mocking you @Sir_Charrid.  Just surprised that someone in the business didn't know this.

4 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Wait?  What we see in movies isn't real???

LOL - not mocking you @Sir_Charrid.  Just surprised that someone in the business didn't know this.

This actor, I wish I could remember the source, it was one of the American late night shows, was responding to a question about his training regime to get into shape for the film. It was more an aside that if he had known leaving it to the costume and CGI departments was an option he would not have quit cake for all those months. 

• Community Administrator
1 hour ago, Sir_Charrid said:

This actor, I wish I could remember the source, it was one of the American late night shows, was responding to a question about his training regime to get into shape for the film. It was more an aside that if he had known leaving it to the costume and CGI departments was an option he would not have quit cake for all those months. 

It was Paul Rudd... and I want to say it was less about the body suits & CGI and more that standing next to Chris he felt smol.

"I remember on the set of [Avengers:] Endgame, I was working out so hard, eating perfect, for so long, training like an athlete," the actor recalls. "And I stood next to Chris Hemsworth [a former Sexiest Man Alive], and I thought, 'What's the point?' Why even try, 'cause there's that."

https://people.com/movies/paul-rudd-embraced-his-ant-man-training-until-he-stood-next-to-chris-hemsworth/

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

It was Paul Rudd... and I want to say it was less about the body suits & CGI and more that standing next to Chris he felt smol.

https://people.com/movies/paul-rudd-embraced-his-ant-man-training-until-he-stood-next-to-chris-hemsworth/

It wasn't this interview, I want to say it was Josh Brolin actually, although that would have been him comparing what he did to get into shape for Cable vs what he saw on the set of the MCU so I might have my quotes all jumbled up. 

The more I think about it the more I am sure it was that, Josh Brolin was disappointed on the set of Infinity War and End Game how out of shape other "superhero's" where in real life considering he had worked to get himself in shape for Thanos even though it was CGI's and had then carried on that training regime to really get in shape as Cable 

• Community Administrator
6 minutes ago, Sir_Charrid said:

It wasn't this interview, I want to say it was Josh Brolin actually, although that would have been him comparing what he did to get into shape for Cable vs what he saw on the set of the MCU so I might have my quotes all jumbled up. 

The more I think about it the more I am sure it was that, Josh Brolin was disappointed on the set of Infinity War and End Game how out of shape other "superhero's" where in real life considering he had worked to get himself in shape for Thanos even though it was CGI's and had then carried on that training regime to really get in shape as Cable 

Could be, I can't find anything on that.

I recall a talk show where Rudd told a story about not getting to take his shirt off, after all that hard work.

• 2 months later...
On 11/2/2022 at 10:50 PM, Sir_Charrid said:

I mean the powers of CGI now days they could take someone and then change the body, alot of your MCU superheroes do not have the bodies that appear on screen, I can't remember who it was but I remember an actor telling a story once about how he spent months getting in shape for an MCU role, turned up on set and realised the other actors where relying on either the outfit they where given to make them look like they had a 6 pack, or, had been told that the body would be tweaked by CGI later. 

The same could be done for Lanfer, there is enough filters and trickery used in normal print media and on instagram etc that almost any actress could be taken and then made something more. 

Ah, so we don't have to look for a woman with big-enough ears, after all! And we don't need to approach Big Ears to see if he's willing to shave off his beard and wear a dress, either!

You have saved our lives! I had no idea how Noddy would've reacted to Big Ears being offered the role of a lifetime, if he only underwent some minor costume changes ....

Through the magic of CGI we can get an actress who appeals to everyone, from Ogier, all the way to mere humans!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2023 at 9:16 AM, SinisterDeath said:

Nah. She could play Semirhage, assuming you don't mind her lacking Semi's "charcoal black face".

LOL there is a 0% chance that any character who could even be remotely interpreted as "not-white" is going to be race swapped in this series. If it ever happens, I'll drop out of grad school and join the peace core. 

More on topic, I actually don't think Gal Gadot could pull off the vibe I get from Lanfear. Margot Robbie could maybe do it, but I don't think she projects enough maturity. This is going to sound insane, but she's almost too hot. She looks too young. Lanfear needs to have a mature, stunning beauty about her. Actually, if she does end up played by Natasha O'Keefe, I think that would be perfect. 

I think there is somewhat a difference between casting "Selene" and casting "Lanfear."  Selene is described as the most beautiful person that anyone has ever seen.  She appears to be in her early twenties and nobody really recognizes her "Lanfear" vibe.  

It's only later that Rand notices that she looks a bit older and that there is more of a "Lanfear" vibe.  

I think it depends a bit on how much a reveal you want Selene to be.  The first time reading the series I don't think Selene is supposed to be instantly and obviously evil the first time you meet her.  Casting someone who can play the innocent and beautiful angle would be interesting.  Of course, foreshadowing and giving the viewers a creepy feeling might be a good storytelling approach as well.  

• 1 month later...
On 6/30/2022 at 2:16 PM, SinisterDeath said:

When I think of casting Lanfear, I think who can play a crazy obsessed ex-girlfriend, and tends to have dark hair and paleish skin.

Alexandra Daddario, fits that bill.
image.png

And so does Aubrey Plaza
Aubrey Plaza Poses for Chris Nicholls in Glow Winter 2014 | Fashion Gone  Rogue

Plaza would be great she has that slightly off-putting vibe as well as the ability to go more heavily into the deranged mode when pushed.

She was spectacular in Legion.

28 minutes ago, WhiteVeils said:

Lanfear is going to be played by an actor, just like every other character in the show.  No person will be able to match up to 'most beautiful woman alive', so there will be people who complain that the actor who plays her isn't attractive enough.  <shrug>

Particularly when "attractive" is sooooooo subjective.

3 hours ago, WhiteVeils said:

Lanfear is going to be played by an actor, just like every other character in the show.  No person will be able to match up to 'most beautiful woman alive', so there will be people who complain that the actor who plays her isn't attractive enough.  <shrug>

Better get someone who can act, or is beautiful.  If RJ2 misses both...

• 3 months later...
18 hours ago, ForsakenPotato said:

Yeah very curious if Lanfear and Selene will be played by different actresses. I sort of feel it's not necessary to the plot and would make the show more confusing, and is part of the books partially so that RJ could describe more pretty ladies.

I think it would be weird if they were played by different actresses.  While it's noted that they look different, no one ever fails to grasp that they are the same person.  I think a makeup or costume change would be more appropriate. 

Cyndane, of course, should probably be played by a different actress, but it's hard to say what the story will look like by the time we get there.