DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Casting Lanfear

Morani

On 4/9/2022 at 11:47 PM, Andra said:

The problem is that we have already had a very strong hint (from Stepin's "altar" of figurines) that there are only seven Forsaken.  If that holds, I suspect that combining two healers into one would be one of the obvious options.  Even given their character differences.

Something that hasn't prevented many of the changes readers object to.

There were 8 statues not 7, and by all the accounts I've seen, the general consensus on the Forsaken depicted based on the design elements on the statues are as follows:

Moghedien

Sammael

Semirhage

Lanfear 

Ishamael

Asmodean

Demandred

Graendal

I think there's a strong possibility that these 8 will be the only Forsaken we'll see on the show. 

11 hours ago, Carebear Sedai said:

There were 8 statues not 7, and by all the accounts I've seen, the general consensus on the Forsaken depicted based on the design elements on the statues are as follows:

Moghedien

Sammael

Semirhage

Lanfear 

Ishamael

Asmodean

Demandred

Graendal

I think there's a strong possibility that these 8 will be the only Forsaken we'll see on the show. 

You're right, there are eight, not seven.

I think when I first watched the scene, I counted how many there were, and missed the fact that someone was holding one of them.  So seven, plus one "in hand."

And I agree that it's likely those are all we'll see.

• 1 month later...

I'm not saying she has great acting chops, but she can hold her own with anyone currently on the show.

Megan Fox has the look that Jordan described.  Not that it will matter in this case (Rafe wouldn't pick her in a billion years), but I think she'd fit.

See Megan Fox Wearing See-Through Lingerie As Clothing

• Community Administrator
3 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

That picture of Megan Fox would be a great Selene.  But how old is it?  Does she still look like that?

Google Megan Fox and read some of the headlines in about her in the last month or two.

It's possible Rafe and co wouldn't touch her with a 10 foot pole... or they'd 100% embrace the strange.

I think it should be someone who is older.  Lanfear is said to have a very mature beauty.  I think it needs to be someone like Angelina Jolie (Yes I know they are unlikely to cast her) but it needs to be someone like her who is beautiful in a mature way.  

They can have a younger actress play her when she's disguised as Selene.

On 6/13/2022 at 5:27 PM, Deviations said:

I'm not saying she has great acting chops, but she can hold her own with anyone currently on the show.

Megan Fox has the look that Jordan described.  Not that it will matter in this case (Rafe wouldn't pick her in a billion years), but I think she'd fit.

This is very accurate to how I imagined Selene - maybe slightly larger eyes. 

On 6/13/2022 at 7:27 PM, Deviations said:

Read the GEOFinder review.

Really like Megan Fox, totally agree with you.

Edited by JohnKlein94

On 6/26/2022 at 12:13 PM, Thom Arceneaux said:

Keira Knightley?

She's certainly attractive enough, but they would have to give her some, uh, strategic padding to match Lanfear's physical description.  😉

Edited by Andra

2 hours ago, Andra said:

She's certainly attractive enough, but they would have to give her some, uh, strategic padding to match Lanfear's physical description

Mind sharing a book description that describes her incredible assets?

The only book descriptions I recall, are about her "unmatched beauty" and that she makes "Graendal look Plumply Pretty". I don't recall her assets being the beautiful part. <_<

37 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

The only book descriptions I recall, are about her "unmatched beauty" and that she makes "Graendal look Plumply Pretty". I don't recall her assets being the beautiful part. <_<

Since when does the TV show match the books?  😂

12 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Since when does the TV show match the books?  😂

I don't get it, if it doesn't match the books then why do we care about Lanfear's breasts? Andra said she would need padding to match the book description.

Edited by Nik

18 minutes ago, Nik said:

I don't get it, if it doesn't match the books then why do we care about Lanfear's breasts? Andra said she would need padding to match the book description.

My point exactly.  So much has been changed that the books are barely relevant - other than to compare/contrast.  What did they improve, what did they ruin, etc.

26 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

My point exactly.  So much has been changed that the books are barely relevant - other than to compare/contrast.  What did they improve, what did they ruin, etc.

@Nik was correct when they mentioned Andra talking about book descriptions for casting, hence the reason I asked for a book quote.

As for the show having been changed so much the "books are barely relevant".. that remains to be seen.. No?

If season 3 has them exploring Shara, and Perrin becomes a bear brother afterall, then you might be onto something.

26 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

@Nik was correct when they mentioned Andra talking about book descriptions for casting, hence the reason I asked for a book quote.

As for the show having been changed so much the "books are barely relevant".. that remains to be seen.. No?

If season 3 has them exploring Shara, and Perrin becomes a bear brother afterall, then you might be onto something.

Imagine it depends on the individual.  For most, I imagine that the show was obviously recognizable - mostly due to names and major events.  But other things make the books less relevant:

• Healing explosions by untrained channelers - at least twice
  • Relationships between major characters sped up or changed (not passing judgement, but could be jarring for some)
  • Circle of untrained women mopping up at Tarwin's Gap
  • Unexpected deaths (Algemar), fake deaths (Loial)
  • New characters introduced at the expense of canon characters (again, no judgement, but takes us further away from the books
  • Eliminating/changing locations

Some of these changes might be necessary for the adaptation - others not.  But all of them separate us from the books to one degree or another.  I predict further divergence from the books, for good or ill, but as you said - that remains to be seen.

21 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

I may be reading too much in to Loial's admittedly distracted description of "perfect human beauty, in face and form."

Which is a description I don't recall ever hearing applied to Keira Knightley.  Nor could I imagine it to be.

"Boyish" is more common, I believe.

6 hours ago, Andra said:

I may be reading too much in to Loial's admittedly distracted description of "perfect human beauty, in face and form."

Which is a description I don't recall ever hearing applied to Keira Knightley.  Nor could I imagine it to be.

"Boyish" is more common, I believe.

The 14 year old me would strongly disagree, and 'boyish' and 'perfect human beauty' might, to some, not be mutually exclusive. Just a heads up...

All that to say, obviously that kind of description as quoted above is inherently so subjective that I can't imagine a casting that pleases all, nor a casting that one person thinks is perfect automatically working for all.