DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my last read list. Below is an updated version. 

1. Nolder

2. BFG
3. Ironeyes

4. Dar'Jen Ab Owain
5. LedZepMan
6. Niniel 
7. Leyrann
8. cory caboose
9. Clovdyx
0. Shitsure Kamimashita 
1. Sooh
2. Gentled Ben

3. dicetosser1 

All tone reads, except for the ones I mentioned in my last couple of posts. 

Lock town

Ironeyes: Duh

LZM: Claimed cop, no reason to doubt that. 

Town

BFG: Pretty obvious villa based on tone and solving. 

Clov: This one is subtle, but he is more honest and less manipulative than the scum!Clov I know. 

Cory: Fairly towny on his own, and the way Ben attacked him just adds to that. 

Town lean (both tone reads, not much to say about them)

DJ

Niniel

Null

Ley: TBH I just don't play with Ley often enough, and he hasn't had much content thus far. Gun to head I'd go with town, but that's just barely better than a guess. 

Sooh: I liked her early push on me, but disliked how she dropped it like a hot potato when I got back from camping. Could be just that she was catching up and had more important things to post about, or could be she realized it wasn't a good tactic any more. GTH I'd say scum, but again, not much better than a guess. 

Dice: His most recent two or three posts have sounded like town!Dice, but I know he's perfectly capable of faking his tone and the WIFOM is real. 

Lean scum

SK: Upgraded from pure scum read because of Ben, but I still don't like how he's played. Now, this is pure conjecture, but Ben is a savvy enough wolf to know how to distance. Maybe he thought he could get one of the scum lynched, get shot by them because of it, and join the mafia team as a widely town-read player. After all, a similar tactic worked pretty well for SK himself in Suicide Squad, and Ben was there for it. 

let's kill clov he went back into his hidey hole after the guilty. :^)

emnuk8abzqued2pzetdw.gif

SK, don't be a gooey chocolate chip cookie.

Hmmmmmmm I'd rather go for the guilty frankly that whole thing about dice being possible scum that I said was mostly vamping. I don't really see him being scum here. Considering his play and circumstances plus if dice is scum I don't get to lynch ironeyes maybe ley. Ley would have an ununravelable web of protection if clov flips guilty. Considering his contribution to the thread. it is almost worrisome. Not that his contribution is bad one might say it is just average. I don't need average I need cleared townies who will actually hunt scum. day 1 and day 2 nothing from ley on who is scum. No stances any which way except for a reads list. scoff scoff. Ley has me as null iirc. That and he would absolutley not lynch ben for reasons. I would like to hear those reasons, I want talk to them, take them on a date see all their curves. I digress. Ironeyes should be the easier lynch for me. and yet...Terrible use of conjunctions. I digress again. I'm just not feeling ironeyes. His overly emotional play this game is different from his relaxed attitude past games. I don't like his refusal to give foundation for his reads, his self admitted incapability at reading me but his professed adamant chugging along that I am scum and my play from past games proves it. because "opaque logic". Again I would like an explanation or example of this weird mysterious magical opaque logic that I'm using. In some universes I am convinced that ley is scum and push through even with the innocent on him. I do not like getting one scum for 3 people though. that hurts. errr two people. a one for one is the most optimal thing. Of course this whole thing hedges on clov being innocent although I have reasons to doubt that as well and I also have reasons to doubt those doubts. oops I digressed again. Too many scumspects right now from yours truly.  Well I'm ready to change everything at the flip of a wagon :^)  Also kevin spacey is kyser soze.

tl;dr: clov is guilty let's lynch him.

A guilty peek remains valuable if we can confirm seer sanities. An insane seer guilty peek is a cleared villager for the same reason a sane seer innocent peek is a cleared villager. Clov will be resolved either way, but why lynch someone who we could potentially confirm as a villager as early as d3?

Can you talk about Marsh and Sooh, Leyrann?

For Marsh, I really liked him the last part of Day 1. For Sooh, it's just a general gut feeling that built up over the course of the game. I'm gonna reread tomorrow (plus maybe Friday, if I don't have enough time and willpower to finish it) though, and then I'll have better reads. Remember that I don't do notes or something like that. I like mafia, but I don't like getting that involved.

let's kill clov he went back into his hidey hole after the guilty. :^)

emnuk8abzqued2pzetdw.gif

SK, don't be a gooey chocolate chip cookie.

[/spoilers]

Hmmmmmmm I'd rather go for the guilty frankly that whole thing about dice being possible scum that I said was mostly vamping. I don't really see him being scum here. Considering his play and circumstances plus if dice is scum I don't get to lynch ironeyes maybe ley. Ley would have an ununravelable web of protection if clov flips guilty. Considering his contribution to the thread. it is almost worrisome. Not that his contribution is bad one might say it is just average. I don't need average I need cleared townies who will actually hunt scum. day 1 and day 2 nothing from ley on who is scum. No stances any which way except for a reads list. scoff scoff. Ley has me as null iirc. That and he would absolutley not lynch ben for reasons. I would like to hear those reasons, I want talk to them, take them on a date see all their curves. I digress. Ironeyes should be the easier lynch for me. and yet...Terrible use of conjunctions. I digress again. I'm just not feeling ironeyes. His overly emotional play this game is different from his relaxed attitude past games. I don't like his refusal to give foundation for his reads, his self admitted incapability at reading me but his professed adamant chugging along that I am scum and my play from past games proves it. because "opaque logic". Again I would like an explanation or example of this weird mysterious magical opaque logic that I'm using. In some universes I am convinced that ley is scum and push through even with the innocent on him. I do not like getting one scum for 3 people though. that hurts. errr two people. a one for one is the most optimal thing. Of course this whole thing hedges on clov being innocent although I have reasons to doubt that as well and I also have reasons to doubt those doubts. oops I digressed again. Too many scumspects right now from yours truly.  Well I'm ready to change everything at the flip of a wagon :^)  Also kevin spacey is kyser soze.

tl;dr: clov is guilty let's lynch him.

Paragraphs. Commas. You heard of them?

Anyways, I managed to get some questions out of that badly-written wall of text, so let me answer them.

I got you as null because I just don't know what to make of your posting. On one hand, it feels kinda scummy, on the other hand, I have a hard time believing an actual scum would play like this.

I didn't want to lynch Ben because - while for you I had no idea what to make of it - I actually thought Ben sounded town on Day 1. Yes, I was wrong there, but I thought it nonetheless.

As I think I said, my daughter is sick so I won´t be here more today. 

Cory, can you (as usual) pretend that I´m a very small child and tell me step by step why we shouldn´t consider voting Clov. I get that you have some kind of plan that you don´t want to share but I´ve forgotten all about who viewed who and what different lynches/deaths could lead to. Thank you! <3 

I've had a guilty on Clov since yesterday. The fact that there's a claimed cop with a guilty on him now means there's a 50/50 chance he's scum. 

Yes, we have two sane cops, but we also have two framers, and I'm willing to bet most scum teams here would have Clov pretty high on their list of people to frame.

I have no idea what Ironeyes and Dice are on about when it comes to SK. If you're bussing a team mate, you're not doing it as a distanced team mate. That's not how those things work.

Also, Ironeyes, if I was to harp on you for a shady vote/unvote that happened early D1 all game I'd go insane. I'll get back to it if I need to. 

As I think I said, my daughter is sick so I won´t be here more today. 

Cory, can you (as usual) pretend that I´m a very small child and tell me step by step why we shouldn´t consider voting Clov. I get that you have some kind of plan that you don´t want to share but I´ve forgotten all about who viewed who and what different lynches/deaths could lead to. Thank you! <3 

Well, with the traitor dead, we know the following things:

- Any peeked villager by a true seer is a confirmed villager. Mafia do not have any ability that would make a peeked villager unreliable.

- Any peeked mafia by an insane seer is a confirmed villager. Insane seers get opposite peeks, so this is true for the same reasons above.

LZM is a claimed seer with a mafia peek on Clov and a town peek on Ley. There are ways we can determine seer sanity literally this night phase regardless of whether or not LZM dies (a likelihood). What exactly I would propose we do is dependent on dice's flip.

But basically, one of Ley/Clov will be a confirmed villager, and due to the framing mechanics, neither is a confirmed wolf - so I don't want to lynch either today.

Having confirmed villagers is extraordinarily valuable in smaller games. For example, if we get to d4 (7 alive) with 2 seers and 2 confirmed villagers, or 1 seer and 3 confirmed villagers (etc.) alive, the game is an auto-win because the wolves would still need 2 mislynches with only one player they can possibly mislynch (the others all being mechanical villagers).

Yeah, to some extent Clov being a pretty obvious frame target (considering him being someone almost everyone is paranoid of in some fashion, myself included) is definitely in my head.

But in the same sense, any guilty peek on Clov by a confirmed insane seer makes Clov a mechanically clear villager.

Honestly, I think he's a villager outside of mechanics, but even if I didn't I would argue heavily against lynching him today.

PS hope your daughter feels better Nini!

Cory, I hope you appreciate me biting down the obvious questions and stamping on the tinfoil you reawoke of a Chris/you team :dry:

I understand the -ve argument though /sigh

/sigh

I think i waltzed out of my wolf range today. Ask sooh, she reads me well, I imagine she's probably pretty confident by now. Le sigh le shrug