DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cory, I hope you appreciate me biting down the obvious questions and stamping on the tinfoil you reawoke of a Chris/you team :dry:

I understand the -ve argument though /sigh

It probably won't help if I tell you he's right about both me AND the correct mechanical approach, will it?

Clov you want to start a secret wolfteam with me? With blackjack and hookers?

Yeah, I do.  

You know what?  Forget the wolf team.

Cory, I hope you appreciate me biting down the obvious questions and stamping on the tinfoil you reawoke of a Chris/you team :dry:

It probably won't help if I tell you he's right about both me AND the correct mechanical approach, will it?

Yeah, I do.  

:dry:

oddly enough it isn't to do with his read or the correct me hanical approach

It's still part of the -ve thing to discuss though :/

Trimming the part I don't care about.

Null

Ley: TBH I just don't play with Ley often enough, and he hasn't had much content thus far. Gun to head I'd go with town, but that's just barely better than a guess. 

Sooh: I liked her early push on me, but disliked how she dropped it like a hot potato when I got back from camping. Could be just that she was catching up and had more important things to post about, or could be she realized it wasn't a good tactic any more. GTH I'd say scum, but again, not much better than a guess. 

Dice: His most recent two or three posts have sounded like town!Dice, but I know he's perfectly capable of faking his tone and the WIFOM is real. 

Lean scum

SK: Upgraded from pure scum read because of Ben, but I still don't like how he's played. Now, this is pure conjecture, but Ben is a savvy enough wolf to know how to distance. Maybe he thought he could get one of the scum lynched, get shot by them because of it, and join the mafia team as a widely town-read player. After all, a similar tactic worked pretty well for SK himself in Suicide Squad, and Ben was there for it. 

SK flips mafia.  Which one of your nulls do you look at first, or do you go in a different direction?  If you're wrong about SK, which of your nulls do you want to keep around?

On an unrelated note, I'm not going to waste my time trying to figure out how plausible I think the bold (as he specifically laid it out) is, but I'd be lying if I said I don't like thta he thought of it.  It seems like a very off the cuff, natural thought I could absolutely see Iron making.

Can you talk about Marsh and Sooh, Leyrann?

For Marsh, I really liked him the last part of Day 1. For Sooh, it's just a general gut feeling that built up over the course of the game. I'm gonna reread tomorrow (plus maybe Friday, if I don't have enough time and willpower to finish it) though, and then I'll have better reads. Remember that I don't do notes or something like that. I like mafia, but I don't like getting that involved.

Show me?  You said that before, but all I remember from Marsh the last part of Day 1 is him being away - unless you're defining last part differently than I am.

Yeah, I do.  

oddly enough it isn't to do with his read or the correct me hanical approach

It's still part of the -ve thing to discuss though :/

Go on?  Not sure there's a point, but whatever, I guess

Null

Ley: TBH I just don't play with Ley often enough, and he hasn't had much content thus far. Gun to head I'd go with town, but that's just barely better than a guess. 

Sooh: I liked her early push on me, but disliked how she dropped it like a hot potato when I got back from camping. Could be just that she was catching up and had more important things to post about, or could be she realized it wasn't a good tactic any more. GTH I'd say scum, but again, not much better than a guess. 

Dice: His most recent two or three posts have sounded like town!Dice, but I know he's perfectly capable of faking his tone and the WIFOM is real. 

Lean scum

SK: Upgraded from pure scum read because of Ben, but I still don't like how he's played. Now, this is pure conjecture, but Ben is a savvy enough wolf to know how to distance. Maybe he thought he could get one of the scum lynched, get shot by them because of it, and join the mafia team as a widely town-read player. After all, a similar tactic worked pretty well for SK himself in Suicide Squad, and Ben was there for it. 

Trimming the part I don't care about.

Null

Lean scum

SK flips mafia.  Which one of your nulls do you look at first, or do you go in a different direction?  If you're wrong about SK, which of your nulls do you want to keep around?

If we were to lynch SK today, I'd be a lot less inclined to vote Dice, and I'd probably ISO Sooh to try and resolve her in my mind. If he flipped town, I'd go the opposite way on Dice, probably auto-vote him. 

i would like to lynch dice before the village starts eating itself alive for ??? reasons

what a dream world that would be

I don't have a problem lynching Dice now, but I would at least prefer a little more time in case anybody has something they think is important to say.

I feel pretty good about Iron in general. I was a bit cautious because I literally told him exactly how I read him last game we played together, but I've seen enough to find his reads / mindset legitimate.

Yeah, at this point I have basically no doubts about him.  If he's just playing me that badly, I'll be a little disappointed in myself but mostly I'll be impressed.  I think there's basically no chance of that being the case here, specifically, though.

Dice - No, I had no idea he was traitor.

thank you. 

i think sk is scum. i was thinking cory town but im having a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that he popped out a view then turned around to try and get it lynched. thats not normal town cory. Clov ive last couple times caught as scum but iirc it took me a bit to see it. I do want an answer from him about the ben statement. dont know on him yet

You do realize the likeliness of any peek being correct is, while still more probable than not, far lower than any other game right?

just how dumb do people think i am? yes i realize that. I also realize that it can be useful to find out if LZM is insane or not. 

hang on i will get cory to say it so people will listen.

Dice scolding me for breaking cover and lynching a peek instead of trying to convince me I'm wrong about him being mafia I am throwing on the board as another bad sign XD

right cause i should never bring up weird things you do that you normally wouldnt

I expect my death tonight. Which is why I would like to resolve Clov Ley.

This Dice push seems almost counterproductive.

I won't forget about it :P

There's a very good reason to not resolve Clov/Ley today. But it will be resolved

yeah cause cory said so right?

I can't wrap my head around Dice's thoughts on SK.

Yes, SK self-voted, but for the traitor to then accuse him of throwing the game and attempting to lynch him due to that would suggest to me that SK isn't one of the two Ben was told was his team. 

Sure, it could possibly be fancy play, but not in a team where Ben isn't communicating with the rest.

Therefore Dice still sussing SK is ??? to me. It makes no sense, and it seems like something I would assume a town-Dice would be aware of and take into consideration. Here, we see no such consideration. 

ever heard of distancing? maybe ive played on jn too much. theyve got a player there who ALWAYS puts his scum buddies at the bottom of his list and busses straight out the gate are pretty regular

Remember that we have 11 alive with no extra KP on either side, which essentially means we have 3 mislynches to go along with the 2 mafia lynches we need. So we need a pool of 5.

I am atp quite confident that all of:

BFG

Niniel

Sooh

Clov

LZM

Are villagers.

The rest:

Marsh

DarJen

Sk

Ley

Dice

I (think) if you lynch those 5, its gg. I would not lynch Ley today because if we could determine LZM is a true seer, Ley become a mech clear villager, which is an extremely valuable prospect. Doing a sanity test of some sort tmrw night (tho I imagine LZM is getting killed haha, but we can still figure out his sanity even if he's dead) is possible but probably a discussion to shelve for n2.

I like this plan. I see what you want and it makes sense.

of course it does.

D! is for the way you Don't make reads

I! is for Invisibility

C! is Clearly, clearly not so villagery

E! is Every hunch that makes me think u should be lunched

that's DICE!

ANGRY    thats Dice right now.

TBQH im not angry as such at you as i am at the way people have reacted to your wants. I have no interest in a game where 1 player can just say "i want to do this" and everyone just goes "oh hokay" and does it despite there being no reasoning or questioning.

so get my lynch done 

A guilty peek remains valuable if we can confirm seer sanities. An insane seer guilty peek is a cleared villager for the same reason a sane seer innocent peek is a cleared villager. Clov will be resolved either way, but why lynch someone who we could potentially confirm as a villager as early as d3?

oh look clov cory said it!

Yes, SK self-voted, but for the traitor to then accuse him of throwing the game and attempting to lynch him due to that would suggest to me that SK isn't one of the two Ben was told was his team. 

Sure, it could possibly be fancy play, but not in a team where Ben isn't communicating with the rest.

Therefore Dice still sussing SK is ??? to me. It makes no sense, and it seems like something I would assume a town-Dice would be aware of and take into consideration. Here, we see no such consideration. 

ever heard of distancing? maybe ive played on jn too much. theyve got a player there who ALWAYS puts his scum buddies at the bottom of his list and busses straight out the gate are pretty regular

Which part of my post to you gave you the impression that I hadn't heard about distancing?

I'm speaking SPECIFICALLY about why I don't believe this is the case here.

Also we're not on JN and this is not that player.

what im mad about is this.

you say i want to take over the lynch.  noone makes a peep of complaint.

you say i want to lynch dice    no reason given.  people go go oh ok and off they go.

you say we arnt resolving ley or clov   who has a guilty peek on him today.  again not a peep of complaint.

so tell me cory  what do you think people would do if  I or niniel or Dar or ley said those same things the way you did? Do you think it will go the same? if you say yes ure a liar. 

THATS whats p'ing me off. it p'd me off when they used to do it with tom too.

what happens if you are scum? we lose. that post recently by clov is about the closest anyone got to suggesting the possibility today but it IS a possibility.

and i realise that im really easily annoyed atm and i know exactly why and that im probably being unfair      doesnt help stop it tho.  especially as i can have GOAT reads and people will just routinely ignore them yet you get games like this where you just say I want and off people go. Wonder why im annoyed?

Which part of my post to you gave you the impression that I hadn't heard about distancing?

I'm speaking SPECIFICALLY about why I don't believe this is the case here.

Also we're not on JN and this is not that player.

your talking about MY thinking sooh. I just explained it to you.

Two things, Dice.

1)  I was not trying to call you stupid, and I think (hope) you know that.  But in the universe where Cory really is a cop, he's insane a third of the time.  If he has an innocent check, there is NO reason he should write that person off.  

As far as I'm concerned, people should have been paying the most attention to their N0 peeks.  Poke them.  Prod them.  Push them.  Peeks are completely worthless this game until you determine sanity.  So for you to push him for that...it's just...IDK.  Ridiculous.

2) Ummm....in case you haven't noticed, I haven't called for Leyrann's head this day.  At all.  It would be really easy for me to sit here and say that he absolutely should be the lynch because I know LZM can't be a sane cop with an unaltered peek of me, and since the odds of him being insane are greater than the odds of me being framed, the percentage play is to kill Leyrann.  

But I'm not, I haven't, and I won't.  Right now, LZM's peeks mean absolutely nothing.  I don't know if he's sane and I was framed.  I don't know if he is insane and both are unaltered.  I don't know if he's insane, and Leyrann actually is town because Ley got framed N0.  All three are possibilities.  And yes, I don't know your alignment, either.  What I do know is that unless we're going to disregard ALL peeks the entire game and play it straight vanilla, the value of peeks is having as many peeks on people that can be confirmed to form a box out.  

If we are going to play it straight vanilla, I still think you're a much better option than Cory, BFG, LZM, Iron, and Niniel, and a marginally better candidate than SK or DJ.