DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

You know what?  I actually like this idea.  Let's get one wagon on Dice, for people that think we should try to confirm sanity and get live peeks by lynching OUTSIDE of the peeks.  Let's get me up as the counterwagon, for anyone that thinks we should go with the guilty.

Fine with this as an approach

[v]dicetosser1[/v]

I'm obviously voting Dice (and I would if we replaced me with Leyrann, for that matter) but will be staying off until late.  I think it'll be more interesting this way.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LZM, I'm sorry if my tone was hostile, I got kind of annoyed by dice being angry at me (which he's done before as a wolf or villager) considering outside of mafia we are friends and it always gets me a little rattled when friends get angry at me for my reads in a silly internet guessing game.

The whole "Mr. Leader" thing definitely got on my nerves, because taking a leadership role is not really something I enjoy doing and do extremely reluctantly ... but I feel like I have to do because it's expected of me / because I want to help my team win. I interpreted that whole thing as a series of digs and responded in kind rather than just brushing them off.

Let's start over?

And I disagree with who you want to lynch today, but I respect your right to do what you want with your vote & pursue whatever avenue you think is best. I am still going to try my best to achieve the lynch I feel is best, but I'm not going to get in your way either.

More than happy to start afresh. What I wanna know, is when Dice flips, are you gonna push for the other two seers to reveal? And if so, how do you plan on coordinating their peeks? Seems to be an awful big project to take on, especially since you can't directly communicate, and I'd be leery of anyone trying to tell me who to look at.

I just don't understand how you can push aside the tangible trail we have to follow one that can only be supported under great coincidence.

And I disagree with who you want to lynch today, but I respect your right to do what you want with your vote & pursue whatever avenue you think is best. I am still going to try my best to achieve the lynch I feel is best, but I'm not going to get in your way either.

More than happy to start afresh. What I wanna know, is when Dice flips, are you gonna push for the other two seers to reveal? And if so, how do you plan on coordinating their peeks? Seems to be an awful big project to take on, especially since you can't directly communicate, and I'd be leery of anyone trying to tell me who to look at.

I just don't understand how you can push aside the tangible trail we have to follow one that can only be supported under great coincidence.

It depended on dice's flip. If dice flipped wolf, putting us substantially ahead, I was going to propose having you announce a peek target, getting everyone on board targeting that player, for the purpose of confirming sanities. If we then had a seer reveal on d3 + your confirmed sanity (and potentially the sanity of all seers), we have at minimum 3 clear villagers with 9 alive, and very potentially more depending on the peeks of the other seers. If we have five cleared villagers, the game is over - the wolves don't have enough mislynches to attain parity with 9 players alive. It's, if nothing else, a very good place to start, and potentially could end the game right there.

If dice flipped villager, it admittedly gets more complicated. Waiting to n3 is a prospect, but involves needing the wolves to whiff on a second seer. Doing it anyway is still plausible, really, nothing much changes re: the amount of villagers we'd need to lock the game at 9 alive.

Honestly, I think we're good enough to win this game without needing help from peeks at all. But if you have an opportunity to guarantee victory mechanically, I think it's typically worth a shot. Saves us headaches, gets the champagne out the bottles faster.

You overestimate many of us. I am a terrible scum hunter. I'll admit it. Randing town is the most disappointing time of a game for me. Especially now. It wasn't so bad back in the day, nobody was this analytical. The way you you, Sooh, BFG and Clov all kinda feed off of one another is astounding. And confusing. I don't get it. I'm def more of a mechanical player. It's the only tangible trail I can follow.

Which is probably the root of our division. I want to chase the trail I can follow, not be led by the nose down a path that I can't navigate. Make sense?

So, with that. I'll [unvote] for the now. Gonna go get me a few brews to mull over.

I just feel dice is more likely to be a wolf than either, and I'm all about efficiency and getting the W as cleanly as quickly as possible.

Does that make sense?

So disregarding Dice, and going solely on my views, do you feel either of my views are scum, or do you believe I've been had?

And please no theories and numbers. Directness is key to my heart.

I think a lot of that is about familiarity to be honest. A lot of us have been playing together for 3-4 years, with dozens of games together. I think me and Clov have played like 50+ games together (and I still have very low confidence reading him, lol). Spend that much time in a confined little bubble like a mafia game, you get to know eachother's habits and how they think & approach games. 

And I know at DM the game wasn't always so analytical and "meta" - but it wasn't a change that was intentional, and one big factor was we've had a steady group of people with a lot of familiarity who really enjoyed (and sometimes loathed XD) playing games together.

I just feel dice is more likely to be a wolf than either, and I'm all about efficiency and getting the W as cleanly as quickly as possible.

Does that make sense?

So disregarding Dice, and going solely on my views, do you feel either of my views are scum, or do you believe I've been had?

All I can really say is I think it's possible you've been had. I don't think Clov is scum. Ley is a possibility.

If we knew your sanity tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that if you're proven sane Clov becomes the #1 suspect for day 3 and if you're proven insane, Ley becomes the #1 suspect.

Does that make sense?

All I can really say is I think it's possible you've been had. I don't think Clov is scum. Ley is a possibility.

If we knew your sanity tomorrow, I'm pretty sure that if you're proven sane Clov becomes the #1 suspect for day 3 and if you're proven insane, Ley becomes the #1 suspect.

Ok. Now I see why you would rather chase Dice than my reads. Instead of muddling through a lynch and its ramifications based on my views, you are working on circumventing that altogether and looking for a way to resolve from "outside the box"

Essentially yeah. We can guess on your views today, or we can lynch outside them and then not have to guess on them tomorrow.

And this is why, during every stupid safety meeting I have to survive through, I always stress the importance of communication as humankinds greatest tool. Two implacable enemies can talk and come to a conclusion/solution lol.

Honestly, I think we're good enough to win this game without needing help from peeks at all. But if you have an opportunity to guarantee victory mechanically, I think it's typically worth a shot. Saves us headaches, gets the champagne out the bottles faster.

You overestimate many of us. I am a terrible scum hunter. I'll admit it. Randing town is the most disappointing time of a game for me. Especially now. It wasn't so bad back in the day, nobody was this analytical. The way you you, Sooh, BFG and Clov all kinda feed off of one another is astounding. And confusing. I don't get it. I'm def more of a mechanical player. It's the only tangible trail I can follow.

Which is probably the root of our division. I want to chase the trail I can follow, not be led by the nose down a path that I can't navigate. Make sense?

So, with that. I'll [unvote] for the now. Gonna go get me a few brews to mull over.

FWIW nobody feeds off me.  That would require them to trust me.

Regret. :sad:

On a more serious and personal note, I don't think you should be disappointed at this point.  I meant what I said when I appreciated the effort of your argument.  If it had been on someone other than me, and it didn't hinge on them figuring out who the traitor was and making the lynch away (with some exceptions - there absolutely ARE some people who would do that!), I definitely would have been interested in the lynch.  I just happen to know you're wrong.   And honestly, that's okay.  I would much rather somebody be wrong than be afraid of being wrong and refusing to take a side.

I think a lot of that is about familiarity to be honest. A lot of us have been playing together for 3-4 years, with dozens of games together. I think me and Clov have played like 50+ games together (and I still have very low confidence reading him, lol). Spend that much time in a confined little bubble like a mafia game, you get to know eachother's habits and how they think & approach games. 

And I know at DM the game wasn't always so analytical and "meta" - but it wasn't a change that was intentional, and one big factor was we've had a steady group of people with a lot of familiarity who really enjoyed (and sometimes loathed XD) playing games together.

lol hey old timer.