DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Niniel, Cory is town (pretty much everything he posted today lol). Chris is probably town although given that he pockets me every game he's scum in I'm not sure how confident that read will ever be. I have garbage reasons for thinking the only person he could be teamed with is Cory (maaaaaayyyyybbbbbeeeee Sooh), based on how Chris is acting, but Cory isn't mafia here (and I still think Sooh/chris unlikely). I also haven't wanted to tell him I don't believe he believes what he's saying, which has been a feature in our m/t games for a while. I can go into more logical reasons tomorrow, but these are the ones that are mostly shaping my read)

LZMs result gave me pause and I've beenquestioning all day if I've been pocketed after all,but I don't think I have :unsure:

Essentially yeah. We can guess on your views today, or we can lynch outside them and then not have to guess on them tomorrow.

And this is why, during every stupid safety meeting I have to survive through, I always stress the importance of communication as humankinds greatest tool. Two implacable enemies can talk and come to a conclusion/solution lol.

To be fair I will always value the incredibly clear communication in the video I have to sit through every time I visit xxx offices telling me how to safelynavigate the perils of walking up or down a flight of stairs :dry:

Essentially yeah. We can guess on your views today, or we can lynch outside them and then not have to guess on them tomorrow.

And this is why, during every stupid safety meeting I have to survive through, I always stress the importance of communication as humankinds greatest tool. Two implacable enemies can talk and come to a conclusion/solution lol.
To be fair I will always value the incredibly clear communication in the video I have to sit through every time I visit xxx offices telling me how to safelynavigate the perils of walking up or down a flight of stairs :dry:

ROFLMFAO

@Niniel, Cory is town (pretty much everything he posted today lol). Chris is probably town although given that he pockets me every game he's scum in I'm not sure how confident that read will ever be. I have garbage reasons for thinking the only person he could be teamed with is Cory (maaaaaayyyyybbbbbeeeee Sooh), based on how Chris is acting, but Cory isn't mafia here (and I still think Sooh/chris unlikely). I also haven't wanted to tell him I don't believe he believes what he's saying, which has been a feature in our m/t games for a while. I can go into more logical reasons tomorrow, but these are the ones that are mostly shaping my read)

LZMs result gave me pause and I've beenquestioning all day if I've been pocketed after all,but I don't think I have :unsure:

The more we talk the less sure of Scum!Clov I am.

Also wanna express appreciation for whoever made up Town!(name) and Scum!(name). Really good way to differentiate reads and it makes me laugh

Also, I promised a reads list. Feeling the drink already, but let's get it over with.

Town: Cory, Nolder (RIP)

Town Lean: BFG, Nini, SK

Null: Ley, Marsh, Dice, DJ

Scum lean: Sooh, Clov.

I made this list two night ago. Clov was not scum lean but full fledged scum. I redacted that. Also, don't read too much into it. I'm a terrible scumhunter

'

Bold - watido? :sad:

Would you be mad if I said I kind of want to know your garbage reasons and what you mean by how I'm acting?

I want to make the joke, but I'll leave it alone.

Also, I promised a reads list. Feeling the drink already, but let's get it over with.

I made this list two night ago. Clov was not scum lean but full fledged scum. I redacted that. Also, don't read too much into it. I'm a terrible scumhunter

I know you're wrong about me.  I am fairly confident, though less confident than I probably "ought" to be, that you're wrong about Sooh.  That being said, I really don't think it's a bad null/scum list at all from your POV.

Have no idea if this will make sense:

BFG, I think to some extent we both feel Clov feels "off". The word in my mind was pensive. My final thoughts on the matter were that Clov being in a sort of pensive mood isn't something indicative of town or scum, just a mood thing.

Beyond that, content and thought-wise, this would be an impressive wolf performance from him. Which I guess is always a possibility, but I think it's far more likely he's just a villager.

The ability of LZM's peek to either clear or make him a priority is a nice comfort :P

I know you're wrong about me.  I am fairly confident, though less confident than I probably "ought" to be, that you're wrong about Sooh.  That being said, I really don't think it's a bad null/scum list at all from your POV.

Yeah I was thinking beyond you and Sooh his bottom ~5 is basically mine.

I hope we get more Sooh ITT.

stair safety is important. you have to be especially careful when going down

• RP - LEGACY

I am here. Been dealing with sick son and helping with homework.

And honestly, when I did pop in earlier it was a bit...heated...in here, and wanted to give things time to calm down. Which it seems to have, so happy about that. Got enough real life drama, so sure don't need more.

But in any case, I am trying to look over the many posts that I've missed.

Does anyone know when deadline is, by chance? Thanks.

Dice is a tricky read for me lately, in part because his mafia game has improved, in part because his town game has been slow to show itself (e.g. in SS if I hadn't been informed I wouldn't have been considering him town till maybe D3)

Arguments that dice 'should' have moved past SK because of interactions with Ben I think aren't particularly relevant, again in SS Dice was sussing AJ from Day 2 after he lead a lynch on the most important mafia role Day 1, in a game where losing that role was detrimental to scums chance of winning. So he isn't necessarily going to make the same conclusions about teams.

I think his reaction to Cory and lack of progression on SK is far more telling. The instavote a scum claim is semi instinctive with him generally regardless of the alignment of anyone involved. As scum the read typically stops developing at that point (dice v shad in FF, different but same Dice v Pizza in matrix) and that's what's bothering me here, the read is still centred on his claim and ignores the analysis that SK has done afterwards.

His read on Cory is subdued(?) and doesn't really fit with how he's acting elsewhere, if he believed that Cory should be voting/pushing Chris then why isn't Dice? But also Cory does read dice very well, I think there would be a stronger reaction if Cory was wrong. I do think his reaction on the last few pages is honest, I just think it would be honest regardless of alignment and it's more out of game stuff

There haven't been any unsolicited reads this game, except maybe the SK vote, and although very thin on the ground (i think just a half hearted nyns town), he at least shared some thoughts on other players in SS and was interested in game stuff, there's a lot of fluff in Dice this game

His reaction to Nolder was strange, but at the time I took his none dogmatic attitude and possible deeper thought processes as a good sign, since mafia!dice is well aware of how town!dice should react

And to be fair I agree with a lot of what Cory said later re Dice

Not sure if this makes sense but posting anyway

@Chris, difficult to explain :unsure: I don't feel like you're trying to control(?) the thread, or particularly influence other people's reads about other other(?) people. I would guess that Cory is the only person playing that you'd feel confident enough in to step back(?) Total garbage read but lol!bfg:(