A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iron it is

Because she volunteered, and I didn't? Yeah makes sense. I was actually under the impression that it was going to be a "pick one of the two" deal so the scum don't know who to frame. Hence why I didn't want to say, "Pick me, pick me!" and immediately be the one framed tonight. 

In a situation where we had already established sanity, that would probably be the more strategic play.  However, as Cory said, the purpose of the peek tonight has nothing to do with your alignment - we could just as easily do it on Cory, who I think most people would agree is guaranteed to be town at this point.  We could do it on Leyrann or me, so that in some bizarro world where LZM doesn't die, he could check for consistency.  

But since we're focused on figuring out who the sane cops are vs. the insane, it's kind of pointless, and there's more indirect information put on the table by peeking within the group I provided.

Alright, here is what I propose we should do:

> If you are a seer, you should peek Iron tonight. The result you get from it is going to be, by nature, unreliable. If Iron is a villager, the remaining framer may decide to frame him or not frame him for their own purposes. It's WIFOM either way; the purpose is not to figure out Iron's alignment, the purpose is to have an understanding of seer sanities.

> When we get to d3, every player should announce a result on Iron. No need for any hardclaims. We have four lynches to wrap up this game, so there's no reason for the seers to out themselves unnecessarily on d3 and guarantee their deaths. We still would like to be in a situation where the wolves whiff on a seer on n3, since if both seers get to d4 this game should be locked fully. Simply leaving the result guarantees we can resolve the peeks later in the game should a seer get killed in the night - we'll know what result they got for Iron.

Reposting for new page

If anyone disagrees with this, now's the time :P

I wouldn't have advocated for the slow play, though I can't argue your method is safer.  1 mechanically confirmed townie + 2 cops + 1 townspewed is an insanely good position with 3 mislynches on the table.  If we could get a 2nd consensus townie (hint: their name rhymes with CMB), that's a box out.

• RP - LEGACY

It was just an offer. I don't mind if I get peeked at. (Feels a bit weird saying that...) Anyway, still not understanding about all the peeks and sanity and such, but guess Cory will make sense of it.

Hope you survive the snow, LZM. I know we're in the 80s here tomorrow.

Alright, here is what I propose we should do:

> If you are a seer, you should peek Iron tonight. The result you get from it is going to be, by nature, unreliable. If Iron is a villager, the remaining framer may decide to frame him or not frame him for their own purposes. It's WIFOM either way; the purpose is not to figure out Iron's alignment, the purpose is to have an understanding of seer sanities.

> When we get to d3, every player should announce a result on Iron. No need for any hardclaims. We have four lynches to wrap up this game, so there's no reason for the seers to out themselves unnecessarily on d3 and guarantee their deaths. We still would like to be in a situation where the wolves whiff on a seer on n3, since if both seers get to d4 this game should be locked fully. Simply leaving the result guarantees we can resolve the peeks later in the game should a seer get killed in the night - we'll know what result they got for Iron.

I feel very important now... lol

You are going to have cops and insane people watching you tonight, Marsh. (And then we have those who have just eater too many tainted brownies.) :D 

I'm cool with it. I got myself all caffienated with mate and wrote 1000 words. I'm feeling great! Could've used some tainted brownies to speed up the writing process though. 

I have 3-1 odds that its ley and 1-5 that it is iron. I'm willing to play again if aj wants to test the setup again. Maybe this was just a one off. Traditionally a 10-3 setup has a 20% winrate for town iirc.

3 to 1 odds that I'm scum?

How much am I allowed to bet against it? Because that's how much I'm betting against it.

It's gonna snow tonight. I'm so happy right now

It's confirmed. LZM is the insane cop.

Uh.

No.

He's the sane cop, obviously.

Snow > Anything.

Leyrann confirms he doesn't live anywhere that gets snow for 7 months a year.

It's gonna snow tonight. I'm so happy right now

It's confirmed. LZM is the insane cop.

Uh.

No.

He's the sane cop, obviously.

Snow > Anything.

Leyrann confirms he doesn't live anywhere that gets snow for 7 months a year.

Correct.

I doubt I'd mind though.

The only thing I dislike about snow is how roads get slippery, but that can be prevented with salt. And hey, the biggest salt producer of the Netherlands is not 15 minutes cycling from here.

Having a national assessment test. 

Work slowly I say.

Take your time and do your best.

It'll be boring to sit and do nothing while you wait for the others to finish. 

10 mins in the first one is done. 5/40 questions right. 50 minutes to wait. 

Can I headdesk now?