DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's randomized between the top trains. You pointed that out earlier, with a tone of not wanting it to go there.

Now you went there.

You just dropped outta lead town slot imo

That was ill advised. I kinda lost my temper right there.

I like what Turins selling more than you. Is that a crime?

If you flip town, yeah I'm screwed. That makes me look more like I'm wagoning. I'm ok with that for right now.

So I get tossed together with Zep as scum team? Lololol

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.[/bold]

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

That's a deflection. Trying to nullify his opinion by making him seem unreasonable. When he was on me I didn't belittle his opinion.

That was more aggressive of me too. Normally I'd have ignored that, or not looked into it at all, or just not notice it.

D1 wasn't super aggro, but definitely more attention than I pay D1.

Not solving doesn't guarantee wolf, but it's a dang good reason to Day 1 lynch.

Same could be said of me. I dont build cases day 1, and according to cass I've not had much substance either.

I think that hogwash, as I've explained myself for the little bits of info I have provided.

Now, I don't have an opinion on tigs yet, but what I do feel confident in is her wagon. Or more precisely whose on the wagon. Hopping on a wagon is mafioso 101. Which just happened in the space of five minutes I think.

So, I'm gonna [unvote]. And lay a FoS on Redd for that bandwagon attempt.

I may vote to consolidate a lynch, since we have a three way tie ATM, but until then I'm going to [v]Redd[\v] for his hopping on the Tigs wagon.

And I ain't doing this ISO thing, feels like meta gaming to me and that's no bueno.

Id love to respond to you but i dont know wtf youre even trying to say here. Come again, obky this time english

That's about as English as you can get.

So bandwagoning and a serious lack of commitment on the retort.

Any other scum tells you'd like to share with the rest of the class Redd?

You're not a wimpy villager mate.

Never said I was. But killas reveal got me all shook up. I thought I had a shoe-in with Turin/Killa, now I'm back at 0. O did not pass go, I did not collect 200 dollars. I'm stuck here with my wiener in my hand looking stupid in front of the class.

That was an overall. D1 I tried my first real attempt at a case and pretty well went at it more aggro than normal for me. I tried switching up my play style from my norm. Which is more like you saw in MtG.

I'm pretty much using this game as a pivot. I'm trying to up my play from mediocre to A-list material, and this type of play is not good. It's more like scum cover really.

It didnt help that I convinced myself Turin and Killa were pulling a gambit. I think that led me down the rabbit hole more than anything.

Can you show me red?

It's randomized between the top trains. You pointed that out earlier, with a tone of not wanting it to go there.

Now you went there.

If you flip town, yeah I'm screwed. That makes me look more like I'm wagoning. I'm ok with that for right now.

It was more a joke directed at Dice than I defense of Zep. Mainly because I am much more familiar with Dice than I am Zep. Zep was only a background to a really lame teasing of Dice.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.[/bold]

Of course like Niniel said it could be fishing for reactions. Ill put a pin in that for later consideration.

Turin Shad was my mentor for my second mafia game and has played two other DM games with me so far. I dont know how comfortable he is about reading me though, guess he will have to answer that part.

That's a deflection. Trying to nullify his opinion by making him seem unreasonable. When he was on me I didn't belittle his opinion.

That was more aggressive of me too. Normally I'd have ignored that, or not looked into it at all, or just not notice it.

Same could be said of me. I dont build cases day 1, and according to cass I've not had much substance either.

I think that hogwash, as I've explained myself for the little bits of info I have provided.

Now, I don't have an opinion on tigs yet, but what I do feel confident in is her wagon. Or more precisely whose on the wagon. Hopping on a wagon is mafioso 101. Which just happened in the space of five minutes I think.

I may vote to consolidate a lynch, since we have a three way tie ATM, but until then I'm going to [v]Redd[\v] for his hopping on the Tigs wagon.

And I ain't doing this ISO thing, feels like meta gaming to me and that's no bueno.

Id love to respond to you but i dont know wtf youre even trying to say here. Come again, obky this time english

Never said I was. But killas reveal got me all shook up. I thought I had a shoe-in with Turin/Killa, now I'm back at 0. O did not pass go, I did not collect 200 dollars. I'm stuck here with my wiener in my hand looking stupid in front of the class.

That was an overall. D1 I tried my first real attempt at a case and pretty well went at it more aggro than normal for me. I tried switching up my play style from my norm. Which is more like you saw in MtG.

I'm pretty much using this game as a pivot. I'm trying to up my play from mediocre to A-list material, and this type of play is not good. It's more like scum cover really.

It didnt help that I convinced myself Turin and Killa were pulling a gambit. I think that led me down the rabbit hole more than anything.

Can you show me red?

Now you went there.

*scratches head*

Thats some very interesting mental gymnastics there Turin.

Now look here.

Chucking a single accusation at Killa like that is not a "case". There was nothing about your D1 that made it more aggressive than any other game from you.  That's what I meant about "you're not a wimpy villager".  If you're town, what on earth has got you thinking that your behavior D1 was so atypical for your town game? 

Because I have years of mafia buried so deep that you haven't seen. This is game three after a hiatus. I'm thinking of my games since my first. In retrospect, this is the most I've ever actually tried to solve. And I think I'm muddying the waters more than than clearing them.

I don't know what your trying to dig out of me, but I'll chat with ya.

My POV is mafia is most likely amongst Killa, LZM, and Ironeyes. I backed off Killa some due to suspicion she might be revealed as IC but that hasn't happened so I'm back to suspecting her. LZM slipped about KNOWING that mafia killed Shad although 2 townies died last night and no one has claimed anything. Ironeyes for me is a soft read that frankly I will need my computer to piece together. That ain't happening until at earliest Sunday.

Darthe, Dawn and your slot have been under posting IMO.

People are questioning me because I led the lynch on what turned out to be the doc. And possibly for being aggressive.

Again welcome to the game.

I've seen this from you several times now. I posted before the game started that I'd be slanking, and I'm posting as much as I have time for. Further, I think the focus on my lack of posting is un-turin-like.
You know you haven't been as present as usual. I know you said you would be slanking. I know it isn't even alignment indicative, cause Darthe gonna Darthe. That's why I haven't used it to call you mafia. Just stating an opinion. Oscar I still want to hear more from you to figure you out.

Oscar asked for POV recaps, so I included all of it.

My main restraint about saying Zep is mafia is because of his claim. Not that he claimed watcher but that he was willing to say he watched me and no one visited me. It would be extremely daring as mafia to fake that in a heavily roled game. I do tend to draw a lot of night actions. Especially when I am being pushy. I also think that mafia watcher would be more likely to view a teammate.

I still don't like the way he has been adamant about Shad being the mafia kill.

My POV is mafia is most likely amongst Killa, LZM, and Ironeyes. I backed off Killa some due to suspicion she might be revealed as IC but that hasn't happened so I'm back to suspecting her. LZM slipped about KNOWING that mafia killed Shad although 2 townies died last night and no one has claimed anything. Ironeyes for me is a soft read that frankly I will need my computer to piece together. That ain't happening until at earliest Sunday.

Darthe, Dawn and your slot have been under posting IMO.

People are questioning me because I led the lynch on what turned out to be the doc. And possibly for being aggressive.

Again welcome to the game.

I've seen this from you several times now. I posted before the game started that I'd be slanking, and I'm posting as much as I have time for. Further, I think the focus on my lack of posting is un-turin-like.
You know you haven't been as present as usual. I know you said you would be slanking. I know it isn't even alignment indicative, cause Darthe gonna Darthe. That's why I haven't used it to call you mafia. Just stating an opinion. Oscar I still want to hear more from you to figure you out.

Oscar asked for POV recaps, so I included all of it.

Fair enough, I was a bit irked last jight anyhow so sorry if it came off wrong.

Marsh where do you stand on turin, lzm, and dawn?

Morning. Welcome back Darthe.

Lzm, are you ever going to answer Turin about why you're so sure Shad was the night kill? It's wigging me out as well. Seems like a classic TMI scum slip

I did already.

Probably doesn't help I don't feel this way anymore though.

It's bolded.

It stands to reason. At least my reasoning. I think your scum. Scum wants to frame an innocent. Kill the guy who voted for the one you want to set up,

I can't dumb it down for you anymore Turin. you are scum and you will have to kill me to stop coming for you. You can't negotiate, weasel or worm your way out of this.

Either you or I will die today.

I wouldn't like, beat yourself up over it if it's tedious.  Game is still meant to be fun whatever your alignment.  I don't have a vote.  In a perfect game where this was D1 and strong PRs were all safely tucked away and a bunch of villagers were obvious I'd lynch you and if I'm wrong still have plenty of room for error.  I still wish you were the D1 lynch.  I mainly keep digging in the hopes that if you are town you'll somehow you say something that makes that click in my head definitively.  I'm making too many weak calls in this game because a lot of players didn't get very involved.  I don't think we'll ever have a reasonable peek into Dawn's alignment without a noose.  Oscar and Darthe both have points in their favor atp but not enough for me to feel comfortable banking the game on them being town.  Marsh is just a hard read for me in general--not a knock on his content at all, just someone I struggle with.  Turin's the only person I'm confident on.  (To the extent that if he's scum he's played better than anyone else in the game; rather lose to a good wolf than lynch a good villager and lose to the player who only posts three times a day, you know?)

Re Turin: I figure him out if he's a wolf eventually more often than not, and it's all about the stretch.  Plausible arguments that over look clearly easier explanations.  Misreading statements in ways that conveniently fit a narrative.  That sort of stuff.  In this game I've most just been agreeing with him.