DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

My main restraint about saying Zep is mafia is because of his claim. Not that he claimed watcher but that he was willing to say he watched me and no one visited me. It would be extremely daring as mafia to fake that in a heavily roled game. I do tend to draw a lot of night actions. Especially when I am being pushy. I also think that mafia watcher would be more likely to view a teammate.

I still don't like the way he has been adamant about Shad being the mafia kill.

technically wolves can be watchers but its unlikely

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vote: LZM

and I'll probably vote Darthe tomorrow. Reason why I hadn't voted yet was because I was trying to decide between the two of you and if it's better to get rid of an active or inactive. 

oh

[v] dawn [/v] 

staples: that was easy

Oh look, a revenge vote. Lovely. 

Also, I'm going to be inactive again today. Comic Con's next weekend and I'm working on putting together cosplay with a friend of mine. I'll probably still make another post tonight depending on how late we're working. 

Vote: LZM

and I'll probably vote Darthe tomorrow. Reason why I hadn't voted yet was because I was trying to decide between the two of you and if it's better to get rid of an active or inactive.

oh

[v] dawn [/v]

staples: that was easy

Oh look, a revenge vote. Lovely.

Also, I'm going to be inactive again today. Comic Con's next weekend and I'm working on putting together cosplay with a friend of mine. I'll probably still make another post tonight depending on how late we're working.

Revenge is a bad way to frame it, your post reeked and you dont even see why do you?

A lot of the issue with the Watcher claim is this:

Option 1) scum!LZM thought "hey I'm in a pickle already, Shad's going to lynch me tomorrow if I don't kill him, I'll take him down and drop my fake claim/real scum claim to try to bring down a pretty consensus villager with me.  Worst case I get lynched which was likely anyway and I town spew a guy who was already consensus town."  Temptation to use dazzle with a claim was strong, didn't consider that claiming didn't actually make sense in the context of the case he presented, everything spirals down.  He exploits Killa's IC claim as a means to dip out of the failing line and try to buy some reset time.

or Option 2) town!LZM was inspired by his role to fake a town read on his scum suspect hoping that person would be night killed if town, this unorthodox play for him got him thinking that he was presenting a highly unorthodox D1 when he really wasn't, he drops the claim because it's what inspired him to use this tactic in the first place without realizing that his role was completely and utterly irrelevant to the actual case he was presenting and better holstered, felt at the time that Turin had to be scum with either Killa or Iron but got so caught up in the Turin/Killa angle when the two of them laid into it yesterday that by the time Killa came out his shattered convictions in the present superseded his previous conviction that if not Turin/Killa then Turin/Marsh.  He wanted to reset before pushing that, his WIM burnt out and he's been stuck on the defensive ever since.

It's not that Option 2 is impossible, it's that Option 1 makes so much sense to me and all of the information that generated Option 2's existence in the thread came only as more and more of the reasoning he had initially offered came under fire, not independently as a villager attempting to be 100% open about his thought process.

It's not like all villagers are forthcoming and precise in explaining what they've been thinking though.  Wouldn't be the first time that something like this lead to a town flip.  Would still always lynch it under better circumstances.  With the cop and doc dead by N1 and no scum flips to show from it, and a lot of people still hovering in the null zone without much content to base a read by, I'm going to be hesitant to lynch anybody.

A lot of the issue with the Watcher claim is this:

Option 1) scum!LZM thought "hey I'm in a pickle already, Shad's going to lynch me tomorrow if I don't kill him, I'll take him down and drop my fake claim/real scum claim to try to bring down a pretty consensus villager with me. Worst case I get lynched which was likely anyway and I town spew a guy who was already consensus town." Temptation to use dazzle with a claim was strong, didn't consider that claiming didn't actually make sense in the context of the case he presented, everything spirals down. He exploits Killa's IC claim as a means to dip out of the failing line and try to buy some reset time.

or Option 2) town!LZM was inspired by his role to fake a town read on his scum suspect hoping that person would be night killed if town, this unorthodox play for him got him thinking that he was presenting a highly unorthodox D1 when he really wasn't,he drops the claim because it's what inspired him to use this tactic in the first place without realizing that his role was completely and utterly irrelevant to the actual case he was presenting and better holstered, felt at the time that Turin had to be scum with either Killa or Iron but got so caught up in the Turin/Killa angle when the two of them laid into it yesterday that by the time Killa came out his shattered convictions in the present superseded his previous conviction that if not Turin/Killa then Turin/Marsh. He wanted to reset before pushing that, his WIM burnt out and he's been stuck on the defensive ever since.

At the bolded. I'm telling you straight up, this much activity from meD1 is unorthodox. No subtlty here. I've never put this much energy into a game. Ever. I can't clarify this for you anymore. It's as simple as I can make it.

I think that posts like this from me might be unhealthy for the thread state though.

There's been a major lack of depth to reads throughout the game and a wolf can easily go "yeah I like what Shad's selling" or "nah he seems villagery to me" or whatever and not look any worse than anyone else after the fact whatever he might flip.  I think it might be more advantageous for me to just shut my trap for a while.  Suffice to say I respect LZM's tenacity whatever his alignment and there are other players who have done absolutely nothing to merit a town read atp, so I'm not going to twist arms about who we lynch today as long as it isn't Turin.  Villagers gotta want it and show it if we're going to pick them out of the crowd.

At the bolded. I'm telling you straight up, this much activity from meD1 is unorthodox. No subtlty here. I've never put this much energy into a game. Ever. I can't clarify this for you anymore. It's as simple as I can make it.

I'll tell you what, you've been playing your ass off this game, that's indisputable, and I admire it. You might be town, and if you're scum you still have a partner. I'm going to back off and leave you alone the rest of the phase, let's see if we can find a wolf in the 6 other living players.

Right now I'm on the fence between Darthe, Marsh and Dawn.

I don't like how Marsh and Dawns opinions are matching up, which will be the focus of my reread, (later though, band practice in fifteen minutes)

Darthe I'm leery of because he hasn't expressed doubt about me. I get the feels that scum are hiding behind my play. Not saying he's scum, but I'm on the fence.

Morning. Welcome back Darthe.

Lzm, are you ever going to answer Turin about why you're so sure Shad was the night kill? It's wigging me out as well. Seems like a classic TMI scum slip

I did already.

Probably doesn't help I don't feel this way anymore though.

It's bolded.

It stands to reason. At least my reasoning. I think your scum. Scum wants to frame an innocent. Kill the guy who voted for the one you want to set up,

I can't dumb it down for you anymore Turin. you are scum and you will have to kill me to stop coming for you. You can't negotiate, weasel or worm your way out of this.

Either you or I will die today.

So it was tied to your case on Turin. Got it

Turin town, dawn completely null, lzm scummy but tinfoiling back and forth

I like that our reads are on the same path, but the watcher claim does what for you?
That was one of the things that kept me from voting him. The claim is plausible and nobody has brought out hard info that contradicts it. But then again, as Turin explained, it's easy enough to explain it as a fake claim

Right now I'm on the fence between Darthe, Marsh and Dawn.

I don't like how Marsh and Dawns opinions are matching up, which will be the focus of my reread, (later though, band practice in fifteen minutes)

Darthe I'm leery of because he hasn't expressed doubt about me. I get the feels that scum are hiding behind my play. Not saying he's scum, but I'm on the fence.

Hmm, I havent, have I?

Shad and Darthe could you both put your MOD balance hats on and run some thought processes about mafia team abilities based on what we have seen from town so far in this 10 player game. Trying to wrap my head around some things.

Town:

Doc dead

Cop dead

IC mod confirmed

watcher claimed

vig apparent

I don't do balancing but that is a lot of power even if you count the vig as negative, which I have heard before.

I thought DL was tomorrow. I may have to break out puppy dog eyes to get computer before DL. but I really like family days.

#happylifedilemnas