DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where did everybody go?

I have no idea what to make of this game lol. Too many people not providing readable content.

Oscar and Darthe gun to head town but that's based on the sort of flimsy stuff I'd normally drop in the first 24 hours, not late day 2 in a long phase game.

Shad and Darthe could you both put your MOD balance hats on and run some thought processes about mafia team abilities based on what we have seen from town so far in this 10 player game. Trying to wrap my head around some things.

Town:

Doc dead

Cop dead

IC mod confirmed

watcher claimed

vig apparent

I don't do balancing but that is a lot of power even if you count the vig as negative, which I have heard before.

I thought DL was tomorrow. I may have to break out puppy dog eyes to get computer before DL. but I really like family days.

#happylifedilemnas

Vig is a neutral power imo.  Especially in an even-numbered starting field.

If we reach a point where the town claims feel like they can't all be true I'll call it out.

Cop could be balanced with a Godfather.  Watcher could be balanced with a Ninja though it's not a terribly common role, and there are other all-purpose misleading abilities scum can have to counter an investigative/informative heavy town.  Kitchen sink opens a lot of doors to combinations that wouldn't fly in a Standard game.  Even the basic fact that everyone's roled makes any individual claim slightly less clearing, and that provides a bit of balance too. 

Turin town, dawn completely null, lzm scummy but tinfoiling back and forth

I like that our reads are on the same path, but the watcher claim does what for you?
That was one of the things that kept me from voting him. The claim is plausible and nobody has brought out hard info that contradicts it. But then again, as Turin explained, it's easy enough to explain it as a fake claim

Weren't you the first one to suggest it might be a scum PR?

Yes. It is very frustrating.

Mafia appears determined to lurk to win.

Shad, you are thinking that mafia most likely contained within Zep, Marsh, Dawn??

I legitimately don't know.  This game doesn't jive with my playstyle.  I generally look at a game as "we have x amount of lynches and there are y players left, find y-x villagers and gg"

Sorry guys. My mother decided I needed to do some work to her trailer. Not going to be around much.

I'm still undecided as to weather I'll go for Marsh or Dawn.

I will make a decision, I'm going to ponder more on it while I'm working.

Crap, I was intending to check in last night and at least drop a vote before Sunday started. Don't expect to see this often, but I'm breaking my own rule just so I won't be as much of a dead weight on the game. [V]LZM[/V] sorry but you're the only one I can feel comfortable about voting

The glaring huh? is that the first thing you actually sussed him over was his claim--you thought Watcher was more likely scum--but today you're saying the viability of his claim is one of the main reasons you're hesitant to vote him.  (And you even name dropped someone else's argument for why maybe you shouldn't trust the claim after all.)

Morning. Welcome back Darthe.

Lzm, are you ever going to answer Turin about why you're so sure Shad was the night kill? It's wigging me out as well. Seems like a classic TMI scum slip

His answer was that he felt scum was trying to frame him: i.e. me being the night kill fell directly in line with his suspicions so he took it for fact.  I think most of us agreed that I was more likely the scum kill than Niniel.  It's a difference of degrees.  But he did answer; what's your take on it?

The above quote and your initial suss of his claim that you seem to have forgotten?--you'll have to explain that thought process to me--are the only two specific reasons you've dropped about him.  You've made a few positive points about him.  I guess it's just not clear to me why you're voting him?