DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

So im seeing a weird shift here towards inactives but im not on that list in your minds? Shad youre obviously beyond suspicion but I worry that atm you're actually giving wolves something to hide behind since sheeping you is so easy atm.

This would be a really forward-thinking post for scum to make in context.

I'm in the thread stirring up suspicion on Marsh, I'm confirmed town so scum!Darthe is under no obligation to challenge my actions for the sake of appearances, how much easier would it be to stand by his vote on Dawn and passively wait to see if I derail the lynch onto a villager anyway?

I can't decide if this is a critique of me or an argument in my favor?

lol

I don't critique players.  I judge their alignment.  You're looking pretty damn pure post-Dawn flip.  :tongue:

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got to agree with Turin on this. LZM goes after suspected town just because nobody targeted him at night. Is there a specific scum role that allows them to view the roles of other players? If so, Turin might have been viewed and had a weak role, so they picked either Shad or Niniel instead (probably Shad based on LZM's possible slip) and then claimed to prevent suspicion. Shad and Niniel were also believed to be town by most, I think. Or the possibility that Turin has been way off on his reads and the scum didn't see him as a threat. And somehow knowing that Shad was the mafia kill? Sounds like a slip to me. 

Now, about Darthe. LZM decides to make a long post analyzing Darthe's (very inactive) play so far and people haven't really been talking about Darthe. My bet is that LZM's on a scum team with Darthe and he made this post to distance the two. 

Ironeyes suddenly jumps on Darthe, but that seems like too dumb of a play for someone who isn't scum to make, so I'm going to say Ironeyes probably isn't scum.

If her game's as, well, simplistic as it looked on the surface, it's probably just Marsh.

So 100 Marsh 0 Darthe. Fair. I'm inclined to agree with you.

This tree stump role is sweet. I feel that the dialogue we had D2 really saved my bacon after my tunneling early D2

I'll tell you this much: if you're town that back and forth paid off huge for both of us.

Or Turin but lol if it's him I concede here and now and congratulate him on an epic performance.

I agree. I don't know if I need to say this, but just under the fact that it's assumed he's vig, it's not confirmed.

I only say this because I caught myself assuming him vig earlier in my head.

I am not looking at Darthe as hard atm. The vote and his suspicion was right on. If he is known for bussing that makes it interesting but marsh and oscar are more on my radar for eod vote next day.

There are things though.

Like the manner in which he did it.

And the fact that Dawn, who has only ever seen high volume Darthe, brought up 3P as a possibility irt his inactivity. Scum like to hunt 3P because it's honest.

And just the casual sort of way that she chucked suspicion on other villagers and rolled with the past of least resistance. Instinct if you're going to bus is to put a little more flare into it. After all, you know you're going to be right. Capitalize on that stuff. It was pretty nonchalant on both ends save that Darthe's reason made sense and Dawn didn't really have any.

I don't think we're dealing with a super crafty layered tiers of WIFOM in hasn't played for two years and is barely reading the thread scum!Dawn.  I suspect she played a pretty surface-level game.

I'll eventually ISO and see if she's a Zander-tier bus maniac but that would be about the only thing to make me second guess it.

Turin town, dawn completely null, lzm scummy but tinfoiling back and forth

I like that our reads are on the same path, but the watcher claim does what for you?

Help me clean up around the edges here: you were voting Dawn and hadn't expressed suspicion of LZM when you posted this?

I like this post. I dislike the scarcity of posts like it from Darthe. Lurking is one of his favorite early-game tactics as scum in my experience

Marsh, if you had a gun and you have to shoot someone right now. Who you shooting?

TBH probably Darthe. I feel uncomfortable about him, and unlike Killa (my other sus atp) he isn't giving us much to judge him by.

What was your basis for this meta?

I am not looking at Darthe as hard atm. The vote and his suspicion was right on. If he is known for bussing that makes it interesting but marsh and oscar are more on my radar for eod vote next day.

There are things though.

Like the manner in which he did it.

And the fact that Dawn, who has only ever seen high volume Darthe, brought up 3P as a possibility irt his inactivity. Scum like to hunt 3P because it's honest.

And just the casual sort of way that she chucked suspicion on other villagers and rolled with the past of least resistance. Instinct if you're going to bus is to put a little more flare into it. After all, you know you're going to be right. Capitalize on that stuff. It was pretty nonchalant on both ends save that Darthe's reason made sense and Dawn didn't really have any.

I don't think we're dealing with a super crafty layered tiers of WIFOM in hasn't played for two years and is barely reading the thread scum!Dawn.  I suspect she played a pretty surface-level game.

I'll eventually ISO and see if she's a Zander-tier bus maniac but that would be about the only thing to make me second guess it.

I'm still not sure that 2 years is right.  That sounds way too long.

Turin town, dawn completely null, lzm scummy but tinfoiling back and forth

I like that our reads are on the same path, but the watcher claim does what for you?

Help me clean up around the edges here: you were voting Dawn and hadn't expressed suspicion of LZM when you posted this?

No clue, but I was there at some point so let's say yes.  

Her and iron eyes. They both spouted off about me and Darthe.

Might be coincidence. Might not. That's all I'm getting at. Could be simple observation or scum team tactics. Hell if I know.

Maybe she just thought what I said made sense and wanted to expand it. But seriously, if I were scum I definitely would ask my partner(s?) to avoid mirroring me since it's too obvious

Pure coincidence. I actually didn't even see your post about and LZM/Darthe team. If I did, I would've quoted it and expanded on it.

This feels like they're both really uncomfortable being grouped together. I'm slowly digging my way through recent Marsh town games and from what I'm seeing if he's suspicious of LZM he's more likely to call him out for potentially stringing up mislynches here than to just "me and Dawn?  Naaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh."