DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Cliché Mafia - Game Thread (GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN)

Leyrann

• Replies 977
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except what I thought was good village play turned out to be awful. And then dawn dies and everyone decides that whatever little bit of distancing she did spews me scum. And the while thing goes up in smoke.

I figured the only way not to die was to reveal

@ Marsh I'm generally very willing to consider Survivor claims.  And it's entirely plausible that you are telling the truth.  But I have seen you fight on as scum in a truly mechanically locked game before.  You knew winning was impossible short of town lynching mod-confirmed villagers, but you still took pride in being the last unconfirmed player to fall.  I respect that, but it also makes me highly unwilling to trust a super high risk claim from you. 

Wow, I had a whole thing written up on my thoughts and I clicked the previous page without thinking and lost it all.  In short, I'm still learning, this is only my second game.  Sorry this weekend has been crazy with my wife and her twin sister's birthday.  I organized a surprise one for my wife last night and then the family thing today.  Whew.  I'm tired.  I'm caught up on all the posts since I subbed in and man I wish I hadn't subbed and just joined the game from the beginning.  You guys are fun to play with.  Ok, so I'll have to agree with the town being Killa (indisputable of course) and LZM.  His read on Killa and then realization and then back and forth with Shad makes it pretty clear to me.  I apologize for my absence and completely understand the suss on me and hope to dispel that today/tomorrow.  With that said, I'm glad to see that the suss on at least one of the inactive players was correct.  I'm trying to understand all this stuff about 3rd party characters.  I don't have any experience with that as all my experience stems from playing in RL and we never used 3rd party people, just roles for town/mafia.  I don't fully follow the idea of 3 wolf vs 2 wolf and how a 3rd party would effect that.  Sorry, noob question.

As for the break down of Marsh, I think I do need to do some more digging because what is being shared by Shad does make him see suss.  I'm trying to understand people's thoughts about Darthe.  Turin seems solid but why do people keep pointing out that he could be having his best game ever and if he is, he deserves to win.  I'm sorry but that makes me want to be completely suss of him and kill him because I don't care if someone plays awesome and deserves to win, I want to win, not the deserving guy!  Don't want to vote until I get my head around all of this a little better.  This is why I didn't just hop online for a little bit yesterday or earlier today to hop on a band wagon or make a gut vote.  Never like doing that.  Anyways, I'm off to bed and hope to check in periodically tomorrow while I'm at work.  The joys of a desk job and a very relaxed work environment.  Good night ya'll

I mean it's not like he's getting a pass for being such a swell guy.  It's a guessing game of probabilities.  I think he is the least likely unconfirmed person in the game to be Mafia, ergo I do not support lynching him.  I continually reevaluate everyone as new content comes out, but if my opinion does not change then my stated stance won't either.

I know it probably seems like a petty question, but I'm going to keep on asking because it's modestly important to me: what made you ask about me specifically when you first subbed into the game?

I should note that Watcher is a much more viable town role post-GF flip.  A stacked town is generally going to have some negative utility worked in to compensate.  Cop could peek the GF.  Watcher could track the vig kill.  A Survivor in 10p adds even further validity to the need for a lot of town power.  (Kitchen sink != stacked town, could have been a bunch of lower value PRs.)  Basically if Marsh flips Survivor it's probably just Oscar, might eye Darthe as the second most suspect in that scenario but we can't clear three people so /shrug.

Honestly cop is almost straight-up anti-town if Marsh is telling the truth.  GF just has to keep a low profile to draw a peek (which Dawn did) and town pretty much loses always without some alternative (like Watcher or Tracker) to level the playing field.  I believe Zep's claim.

Basically the whole "suss the peek if they keep on not dying" doesn't apply because it's a very short game and there are lots of town PRs that can justifiably draw the kill instead.

And if Marsh isn't survivor he's scum, so there you go.

@ Marsh I'm generally very willing to consider Survivor claims. And it's entirely plausible that you are telling the truth. But I have seen you fight on as scum in a truly mechanically locked game before. You knew winning was impossible short of town lynching mod-confirmed villagers, but you still took pride in being the last unconfirmed player to fall. I respect that, but it also makes me highly unwilling to trust a super high risk claim from you.

You're talking about the Frozen game aren't you :biggrin:

Basically the whole "suss the peek if they keep on not dying" doesn't apply because it's a very short game and there are lots of town PRs that can justifiably draw the kill instead.

And if Marsh isn't survivor he's scum, so there you go.

If I'm wrong about Oscar go ahead and kill me. If I'm right, this could win the game both for me and the town

The Rogue now knew that the King, despite warning the people about the threat, had actually been the one responsible for it. There had to be something more behind this - no one did evil things just because they liked it. Something, or someone. Maybe, the Rogue thought, the King had found a new lover - actually, he knew that for certain - but the maybe part was, that the Queen might have been close to discovering it. So he would've set something up to keep her from doing so, maybe even dispose of her? As he roamed the castle, looking for the one he knew was there, morning drew close, but in the end he found her, in one of the many rooms normally only visited by servants. She had been good at hiding herself, that was for sure. But he'd found her, and his blade struck true, silencing her cries for innocence. Moments later, a knife made it's way into the Rogue's back, and together with the Mistress, he died.

Marsh, the Mistress (Third Party Survivor) has been killed.

Turin, the Rogue (Town Vigilante) has been killed.