DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Blue Ajah Harry Potter Week] HP Mafia 2016 - Gilderoy Lockhart and the Cult of Personality - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS

Songstress

I've explained why I didn't vote. If you don't like it that is fine with me. I'm not going to keep arguing the point. No matter what I did I would be on the hot seat now. Frankly I'm surprised I've made it to day 2! 

That seems like an odd thing to say - what do you mean?

• Replies 809
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AJ, why am I on your radar?

This isn't instant messenger and I don't get instant updates, I have to continually refresh the screen to see what other people are posting, and it takes my computer time to refresh the screen because it is old and slow (like me). I refreshed and you had voted making it a tie. I am not fond of hammering because I've been burned in the past, and badly. Which I posted. The tick tock was not meant to be a taunt, just that time was running out. I refreshed again and Kat had voted at the last minute and it was exactly 10pm (deadline for me) so too late to vote.

Would have made a difference to you if I had voted for Kat and brought it back to a tie?

It looks serious fishy to me that Kat felt the need to save herself over letting fate decide.

Let me ask you this...Do you think it would have been better to have a tie? What do you think about Kat's vote?

Does it really need to be asked? You purposefully abstained from taking a stand yesterday and you were around to potentially make a difference. You didn't like the Kat wagon, fine. But why didn't you vote Hallia or someone else you thought was suspect?

Kat voting to save herself is null. I don't really like that she waited for someone else to tie the wagon before voting, but self preservation isn't scummy.

I wasn't sure about Hallia. That doesn't mean I wanted to vote for her. If I had voted anyone it would have been WiFi for her craziness. That would not have done any good. I didn't like the train on Kat so I wasn't voting there.

As I sit here and think more about it, it looks as though you and Kat were waiting for the last minute to see what would happen and then voted to get out a townie. If Kat was town it would have been ok for her to wait for the roll of the dice. She would have either been proven town or Hallia would have. Now we know Hallia was town, so my bet is Kat is not.

Most suspicious to me are you and Kat right now.

What about his play besides the vote? I don't see AJ being scum. He could've left his vote on me and couldn't easily pushed for my lynch. There were enough players unsure of me and wtl me that I don't see not being town.

see below...

Easy for you to say, AJ. Scum will use this to their advantage to make themselves look innocent. And you are very good at that.

Except AJ'S play doesn't come across as scummy to me.

Then we have a different opinion. Until the votes I was leaning town on both AJ and Kat. Now I am not so sure. 

Is it seriously just me who feels like Aj and Kat are working together here?

If me and AJ were together we wouldn't be working together in the thread... that would be crazy

I hate these "but I wouldn't do this as scum" arguments.

Didn't mean to post yet. :dry:

I wad going to say I don't like them because scum use them to hide behind.

Agree with this.

I've explained why I didn't vote. If you don't like it that is fine with me. I'm not going to keep arguing the point. No matter what I did I would be on the hot seat now. Frankly I'm surprised I've made it to day 2!

Well you did make it. Now stay involved and show us that your a townie if you are one. If not you're going down.

I am trying...I am at work. I post as I get time. 

That seems like an odd thing to say - what do you mean?

This was based on my experiences in the past, that's all. 

Gosh, I can't even joke around in here!

hagrid-should-not-have-said-that-gif.gif

Is it seriously just me who feels like Aj and Kat are working together here?

If me and AJ were together we wouldn't be working together in the thread... that would be crazy

rubbish. you might not want to be really obvious but working together in the thread D1? Happens. its how u do it that matters

@rhea

YOU NEED TO LET PAST GAMES GO. just because u got lynched for hammering in one game doesnt mean that will happen every game.

just play your game. if you get jumped on then u get jumped on. you fight it and move on

fair warning  i thought that abstaining was horrible. if you do tHAT again this game i will be screaming for ure lynch

@rhea

YOU NEED TO LET PAST GAMES GO. just because u got lynched for hammering in one game doesnt mean that will happen every game.

just play your game. if you get jumped on then u get jumped on. you fight it and move on

fair warning  i thought that abstaining was horrible. if you do tHAT again this game i will be screaming for ure lynch

Fair enough!

@rhea

fair warning i thought that abstaining was horrible. if you do tHAT again this game i will be screaming for ure lynch

I like the feisty Dice!

Ok so current reads from town to likely scum.

AJ

Dice

Verbal

WiFi

Rhea

Kat

Even if you take away the Luth stuff the timing of that vote seems sketchy.

Rhea I'm just unsure of. Not anything that's made me want to move her up.

Verbal I like the listing of players. I know you've said you're having issues with posting, but please keep trying. I'd really like more from here. When town you're a great help.

WiFi, like Rhea, hasn't done anything to make me move any higher.

Kaylee, you are moving up my ladder. I like what you've been saying.

I will own up to my screwing up by not voting on D1. I won't do that again. 

Hallia :wub:

Please don't be scum.

Not buying this

I'm not saying it's a scum tell. I'm saying that it makes me a little hesitant because I don't find some of the reasons very strong.

For instance, if Kaylee and Luthine are both town, I think that looks bad for you.

Have you honestly seen better reasoning this game so far?

Tbf not really but that doesn't really change the point I was making. In a game this small associative reads aren't going to be hard to make. The person who votes the most townies for ~less than stellar reasons is probably the scum at the end of the day.

I could just be going soft on Kaylee/Luth but I'm not convinced at all either are scum. Nor you. I'm just noting interactions/votes as they come so that I can refer back to them when we have more info.

I would say YOLO is a less than stellar reason, and not convinced that she is scum. hmmm

I'd be okay lynching Luthine. I'm not super confident on thinking she could be town and I don't want to no lynch. Kaylee has come around a bit but she's someone I'd prefer got peeked just to be sure. Reconsidering is fine but I'm still kind of bothered how quickly she backs down from arguments.

No clue where Rhea's head is at. Would like to know which way Wildfire is leaning as well.

And now?

Saying two people look the worst is perfectly reasonable, despite their interactions towards each other.

and that is exactly what I think of you and Kat right now. make me believe otherwise.

Obviously you can't defend something you didn't do.

What you can do is try to find scum instead, if you're innocent.

This was to Kat re Luth...adding the "iff you're innocent" part is pushing it to me.

Eh.

Luth getting replaced doesn't necessarily eliminate her error either

again...how do you feel about Kat/Luth now? 

I know it doesn't, I'm just making a point for Rhea to consider.

I don't like what Wildfire is doing right now, why she keeps switching and trying to force ties. I have no clue what her game is.

I'm sort of temped to YOLO vote Hallia

Why not just vote for Kat?

Because she's been all over the place and I haven't particularly liked some of her arguments.

I'd feel so bad if she was town though. Ugh

10 minutes...

and she was town...and I'm not so sure that you didn't know that already.

And there it is, partnership of a lifetime.

BINGO!

Hallia if you're town I'm sorry.

Rhea why didn't you vote?

Taking the blame off yourself and putting it on me?

FML

I'm sorry Hally

Way too much begging for forgiveness, it doesn't seem genuine to me. 

[v]AJ[/v]

You are going to have to convince me that you are town. 

I don't need to convince you of anything. I'm a Seer Hunt cleared villager. Read Laine's ISO and see how she kept me in her reads. Top townie and never questioned me at all. Defended me constantly. The wolves killed her because they thought she was the Seer with a town peek on me. Therefore I am cleared.

I wasn't sure going into DL and I had stated a few times that Hallia was making me nervous. Like you, the Kat train didn't seem like a strong case to me so I went with my gut and was wrong. It's more than I can say for you who sat on the sidelines and want to sling mud now.

Kat I still want to see more on. I didn't like that she waited for someone else to tie the wagons before voting Hallia but her answer was ~reasonable. I'd like to see how she progresses today.

Professor Gilderoy Lockhart watched as Dumbledore accompanied Cornelius Fudge across the school grounds, down toward the gamekeeper's cabin.  

"Well of course he's responsible," Lockhart announced to the cluster of female students who surrounded him.  "He was clearly responsible fifty years ago when the Chamber of Secrets was opened, and he was expelled for it.  I told Fudge as much when we spoke earlier, Hagrid is obviously a danger to the students and must be removed."

The girls murmured among themselves for a moment, and then one spoke up. "Removed?"

"To Azkaban, of course," Lockhart said with finality.  "I would arrest him myself, but Dumbledore wanted the Ministry to handle it. To be official and all that.  But I am here if they need my assistance, to be sure."

Reubus Hagrid was led away, shouting something about spiders.  Nonsense.

Alanna - Reubus Hagrid, Vanilla Town - has been killed.

IT IS NOW DAY TWO.

I don't need to convince you of anything. I'm a Seer Hunt cleared villager. Read Laine's ISO and see how she kept me in her reads. Top townie and never questioned me at all. Defended me constantly. The wolves killed her because they thought she was the Seer with a town peek on me. Therefore I am cleared.

I wasn't sure going into DL and I had stated a few times that Hallia was making me nervous. Like you, the Kat train didn't seem like a strong case to me so I went with my gut and was wrong. It's more than I can say for you who sat on the sidelines and want to sling mud now.

Kat I still want to see more on. I didn't like that she waited for someone else to tie the wagons before voting Hallia but her answer was ~reasonable. I'd like to see how she progresses today.

Has she been seer, how would she have had a peak on you Day 1? That is a night action. 

I'm still not convinced. 

That still doesn't make sense to me. 

And I said it before, in the sign ups, this seer cover business confundles me to death!  :wacko:

You are saying that the seer receives a free town peak with their role PM. Laine wasn't a seer, but the mafia thought she was because of how sure she was that you were town so they NK'd her and that is supposed to clear you?

If she had turned up seer then I would believe that.

Where am I going wrong? 

Kaylee: I just now got enough time to answer your question, RL stuff, so:

3. I think that the fact that it took Kaylee a while for her to realize her mistake and correct it is a good sign.  hear me out: People started voting on her pretty quickly.  She could have backed down as soon as she realized that she might get lynched and I would call that backpeddaling.  However, she didn't.  She kept pursuing her case because she really believed in it. It wasn't until the facts were presented to her in a clear manner that she could understand that she changed her stance and unvoted.  I am going to be honest here...I have been in the same position as her in my games.  I thought for sure that this scenario was right with all my heart and only after someone taking the time to explain to me how wrong I was did I apologize and change my stance.  So I give Kudo's to her for that.

8. Kaylee - not so good vibes from her...spent most of 10 pages saying andrej was wrong for his vote on verbal, votes on him, then seems to change her mind, unvotes, then goes right back to the argument  :dry:

you were the only other wagon besides kat that I was willing to vote on [i think someone had voted on me :rolleyes: ] and I could not see lynching someone who came late in the game not knowing why her predecessor did what she did.  I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt.  I subbed for a game late in d1 and it was very difficult to get past the prejudice that had already built up from the other players.  I was town in that game as well.  Also you will note, I unvoted from you and went on to hallia.  though I feel really bad about that, her being town and all. but at the time kat wasn't going to vote so I figured it would be up to rand.org/com and she would at least have a 50/50 chance and so would you. 

I also have to admit to making a mistake.  When in the above post I said you went back to the argument, I misread it.  I have since reread your iso and realize you were explaining why you thought the way you did not rehashing the argument. However if you flip wolf [if that time ever comes], we will have words... :wink: 

And I need to go home, feed my family, eat, watch two lectures for my class and take a quiz tonight. 

I'll try to pop back in somewhere in between.  :blink:

Wildfire what game did you sub into?

And Rhea, I'm mistaken apparently. I thought this game was going to be vanilla but it doesn't specify in the OP so after searching through the sign ups because that's where this conversation stemmed from, I saw a post from Tress that said we'd only run the N0 peek version if we got the full 13. Doesn't mean weren't not playing a similar set up just that nobody got a town peek before the game started.

WiFi: So where do you stand on everyone right now?

1. Dice - he doesn't post a lot but what he does is good...so slightly townie
2. Andrej - *sigh* I never know about aj.  He seems townish to me so far so slightly townie.
3. Hallia - Professor Filius Flitwick, Vanilla Town - lynched D1
4. Rhea - so didn't like her "tick tock" post last night.  shows she could have voted yet didn't.  she apologized, won't happen again. clean slate. however: slightly scummy.
5. alannalynn - Reubus Hagrid, Vanilla Town - killed N1
6. Luthine Katiora - I am not feeling so good about defending her last night.  she says she can come on during the week, granted it is at work, however she hasn't really posted any content that would make me feel any better about last night...null to slightly scummy.
7. Wildfire Sedai - town queenie 
8. Kaylee - is looking a lot better to me now. She is asking questions. slightly townie.
9. Verbal32- is null to me cause don't have much to go on.  though what I do have is pretty good...so slightly townie.

Obviously some of these are off cause I have more townies than there are ie there are usually atleast 3 wolves in the game and I only have 2 slightlies at that...so these reads WILL CHANGE.  

And Rhea, I'm mistaken apparently. I thought this game was going to be vanilla but it doesn't specify in the OP so after searching through the sign ups because that's where this conversation stemmed from, I saw a post from Tress that said we'd only run the N0 peek version if we got the full 13. Doesn't mean weren't not playing a similar set up just that nobody got a town peek before the game started.

spirited away took princessbfleas spot.

That doesn't mean the scum didn't think we did though.

This still doesn't help me change my mind.  

Archived