A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Frozen Mafia Game Thread--GAME OVER--MAFIA WIN

Aiel Heart

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quick takes:

-Dice probably town

-Same with Sili, but to a lesser extent.  I want to say they both come out as town from that discussion, but if I needed to choose 1 as scum, it would be Sili (but I don't want to right now).

-AJ probably town for having the same reaction that I did

-Kaylee practically locked in as town unless she's heavily changed her scum meta since I last played with her.  Her analysis MQ was a huge townie indicator for me.

-I liked some of Shad's posts, and then didn't like others.  I'll need to ISO to clear my mind here.  First priority.

I did feel good about her tone through it all and I rather doubt you would say this regardless of your alignment unless it was true.

Up through 10

Shad, dice and Kaylee all not in my wtl pile for today *nods*

Sili... the more you post, the more it sounds like you're struggling to me to be honest. For most people, you are not easy to read. And i've seen you bite the dust for that before. If you're town, maybe you'd need to rethink your approach on this game, buddy. 

ftr: if you're wolf, please go on *nods*

Kronos, Verbal and Pral need to get in here *nods*

I really like both of these by Thane.  As with Dice, I normally have a hard time reading him, but he is echoing my sentiment here.  I have a null to slight town on Kaylee.  Didn't want to quote her WoTs, but I liked the transparency of her thoughts, even though I might not agree with her on Dice/Sili situation.

Razen seems to be playing the "all players are scummy until proven otherwise"-game. That is something I have come to expect from a scum player rather than a townie. 

Shad, I like your tone so far this game. 

I semi agree with you.  I like Shad's tone as well, but I don't see how that viewpoint is scummy.  I have seen several people play that way.

Shad, dice and Kaylee all not in my wtl pile for today *nods*

Sili... the more you post, the more it sounds like you're struggling to me to be honest. For most people, you are not easy to read. And i've seen you bite the dust for that before. If you're town, maybe you'd need to rethink your approach on this game, buddy. 

ftr: if you're wolf, please go on *nods*

By the way, what is the bold? Sarcasm?

Why on earth would it be sarcasm?

[unvote]

[v]Thane[/v]

Ewwwww.

Razen possibly outs himself on pg 6

I don't see it?

I don't think I am struggling. I am reacting haughty and frustrated, but I am definitely not struggling to post game related content.

i'm telling you how it looks to me, Sili. i'm telling you how your play looks at this point. If you feel that's worth voting me... 

If you're frustrated, take a step back, breathe a bit, and come back to post when you're calmer. It would help, imo

I like this further from Thane.

-snip-

Yes. Sili did initially twist Dice's words to reach an untrue conclusion. But it worked. And from that point - it's not a misrep. When I reread it closely - Dice never said anything about clearing Zander until pressed by Sili - he even voted him as a joke. That's not clearing behavior, if you ask me. So why pick Dice to hop on out of all people regarding the clearing of Zander initially? He is the first one to bring the post up. And Sili hops all over him for that. Initially - it's wrong. He makes the assumption that Dice has cleared Zander based on tone when he hadn't actually done that at that point in the game. Because as Dice pointed out - he hadn't mentioned Zander being town or anything when he had initially posted. That doesn't happen until later.

-snip-

But in the purple - Dice caves. He admits he's clearing Zander. Where Dice says "he basically got cleared for exactly the same reason you cleared sooh.."

The red is the point of Sili's push on Dice - which given the purple, is now a valid point to make. It's the part where Sili says "you are clearing Zander for faking tone..."

And yet Dice takes care to go back and say "I didn't clear Zander anywhere - you're misrepping me Sili."

I quoted the massive post where he does that below. In spoiler, so it doesn't kill people's eyes.

It's not a misrep at all from Sili after the purple point - it reads to me like Dice is going back to try and cover for his inadvertent admission regarding Zander. And call Sili out for making a bogus point when it really isn't.

I can understand if Dice didn't realize that he actually made that statement regarding clearing Zander because of tone. But he made it - and that's what drew my attention. And what's very interesting is that AJ basically saw fit to hop along with that bogus reasoning that Dice put out there. Zander uses Sili's refusal to address the point anymore as the basis for his vote - which looks better from Zander, but again - it's based on the assumption that Dice didn't actually say what he did. Dice's vote is pure OMGUS - the others, not so much. And those are the ones I'm concerned with.

Really not a fan of this post, at all. If anyone is misrepping here, it's you by a serious margin. I think the Dice/Sili thing boils down to a misunderstanding/poor communication but they way you present the argument here is false and I am unsure how you were able to draw these sort of conclusions if you were actually reading the exchange. It seems to me you're really just making things up.

I have gone through and highlighted some statement of yours that are false and a misrepresentation of the actual events. I don't feel like you are being objective with your viewpoint.

Red: Disregarding the other issues I have with your posts, this is actually the bit I dislike the most. Firstly, I never stated any reason when I voted so therefore you are either assuming terribly or intentionally applying negative connotation to my vote when you really shouldn't. I think that is scummy - you're basically making up a reason to sus me before doing any actual investigation. Also in order for you to think my vote is scum motivated, you have to assume that Sili is at least more likely a villager or not. Is that the case? And what up to that point made you think that? By reading your post above, it seems like you are questionable on Sili.

It was a weird exchange altogether.

I can agree - escalated pretty quickly and to me seems like a big case of misunderstanding because neither did good job expressing themselves. 

-snip-

I appreciate the accuracy of your recap there.

Your questions at the end are kinda... not sure what the word I'm looking for is, though. Faux - maybe? I didn't take Verbal serious for his statement about never voting Zander.

I didn't really expect Hallia to not take sides, least of all say Dice is as scummy as me.

Also, in the case Dice and I are both town, then Hallia's comment can be perceived to be encouraging people to focus on a town pair instead of catching scum.

Not a bad observation. Then again - she literally did the exact opposite as a scum in our last game together. She just labeled the argument v/v and left it alone.

I'm trying to take a moment.  Lately I'm very bad at reading Dice.  My gut reads are wrong with him.  He almost always comes across as scum, and I want to make certain I'm not mistaken.

You pushed Dice as a wolf in your last game as well, although there you were using a false meta and here you are attempting to at least explain. So credit where it is due - but - do I need to be concerned again? :(

I actually dislike yellow. I don't know why I used that color.

I assume I am yellow because you regard me as your Golden Boy of goodness?

-snip- 

Two parts I want to address:

The first is regarding the Thane/Sooh interaction over Dice/Sili.  I snipped the part where Kaylee pointed out that she liked Thane's observation that Sili had contradicted himself.  But before she mentioned that point, she mentions she feels like Thane and Sooh are working together to further a trap.  A trap takes coordination - coordination that I find highly unlikely at this stage of the game from town.  If she feels that this is indeed a trap, then that should be two scum down.  But no.  She backs off of that line of thought.  I wonder why? 

-snip-

Basically hate this post. The tone is all wrong, and it just drips with what comes across to me as scummy shading.

Ftr I wanna note the odd vibe I get from Kaylee and Razen interacting together.

Underlined: What about this is actually scummy?

Italics: Scummy rhetoric leading up to the red, all around gross. Reads to me that Razen is trying harder to spin a narrative than present actual observations, there's so much shading to how he puts things - everything is basked in a negative light. I have a difficult time thinking this is a townie POV.

Razen seems to be playing the "all players are scummy until proven otherwise"-game. That is something I have come to expect from a scum player rather than a townie. 

Shad, I like your tone so far this game. 

Kinda love this post by you, Sooh. I agree - Razen's posts just drip with what feels like negative intent.

I like this post by you AJ.  As with Kaylee, I don't agree with you where Raz is concered, but I do like this catch-up.

Stop misreading my posts and getting swayed by Dice's loud simpleton points. Start reading what I'm putting down, not what Dice is telling you I am saying.

Say it clearer then?  I think the problem is you get kinda verbose from time to time, and it makes it kind of hard to read.

Stop misreading my posts and getting swayed by Dice's loud simpleton points. Start reading what I'm putting down, not what Dice is telling you I am saying.

Say it clearer then?  I think the problem is you get kinda verbose from time to time, and it makes it kind of hard to read.

Fine.

Dice took me to task for having a double standard.

He agreed Sooh was town, didn't comment on Zander, but I realized he ought to be read Zander town for the same reason he read Sooh as town, otherwise he would be suffering from a double standard (the same reason he thought I was scum). I also knew Dice should know Zander can fake tone, so my objective was two fold: get Dice to think more critically about what he was accusing me of, and case Dice for his lazy read.

The fact he cleared Zander for tone still baffles me.

[unvote]

[v]Razen[/v]

FTR - I never really had a reason to vote Sili. I wasn't paying that close of attention to the thread while I was enjoying my resort visit, I saw the two of them arguing and how Dice was engaging so I decided to throw down my vote without saying anything to see how people handled it. Basically no one said anything, which is fine, except a few.

Sili called it a bad vote. This is null.

Sooh/Kaylee (don't remember which now) said they didn't like me not explaining it. This is fine too.

The best reaction I got to the vote, by far, was Razen's ability to take a vote with no stated reason and apply it negatively without doing any sort of investigation first. At the very least, he isn't playing objectively and I have issue with that. People assume a lot in this game, but there's always two sides to the coin. If he wanted to assume that I was sheeping Dice, that would be okay, but only if he acknowledged that I could have been doing something else. Instead he hard labels it as something, essentially fabricating his own reason to vote me, and runs with it.

Ok now this is better.  I like you expounding on things AJ :wub:

"Sooh town"

sounds to me more like a hot read than a hard clear.

This argument has gone on long enough.

Dice/Sili probably v/v

Indeed! I am hot! 

0d00ef97e9e2b7a9acb5af349690d55f1_zpsv5x

uhm

Also Sili, 

it's time for you to...

wait for it...

Frozen-image-frozen-36196164-245-132_zps

[v]Razen[/v]

What are your thoughts here Sooh?  Can I get your reasoning for the vote, or just sheeping?

Great. Not a lot to catch up :thumb up:. Always love when that happens.

So, the "big" thing that has happened so far is the dice/sili argument. Notice the BIG in quotes. Yeah, it is a minor thing at best. Sili does what sili does on D1 - which is to FoS as many people as he can. I have a town feel of him because of that. As scum he is more methodological - like making lists etc. Dice is also being dice - jumping quickly on a minor thing. I agree that is a v/v argument in the beginning.

What I am not liking are those who are making a mountain out of the molehill.

What?  But he hasn't FoS as many people as he could.  He and Dice were exclusive there for a while.

@Razen - who are you actually suspicious of?

I don't want to forget anyone.  I was going to post this earlier, but Zander came in and started his catch up, and then I got distracted by my stomach.

Lean town:

Shad - I like his analysis of the Dice/Sili situation.  It seems genuine to me, like he is trying to take in what people say and then factor that in to what he's posted so far.

Zander - His catch-up posts have a good tone to them.  I liked his read list as well - he organized it differently than I do, but the only places that I really disagree with are Kaylee, Sili, and myself.  I like how he's trying to bring in what other people have thought about Sili to help him make a better read.

Slight town:

Sooh - This is mostly a tone read, to be honest.  Content-wise, she's mostly adopted a wait-and-see approach, but she has voted, which I think is a point in her favor.

AJ - I didn't like his unexplained vote on Sili coming right as he posted at the beginning of the game.  But since then, I feel like he is trying to make an effort to examine interactions and figure out who is scum and who is town.  I obviously don't agree with his read on me, seeing that I'm town.  But I don't get the feeling he is trying to push an agenda.

Thane - Having never played with him before, I don't know what to expect here.  I'm seeing a few good points from him - I like the way he told Sili to calm down and approach the thread with a clear head.  That's something I would expect from a town-aligned player.  That said, he seems to be taking more of a wait-and-see approach to things in general, which I'm not the biggest fan of.

Null (w/content):

Verbal - I haven't really seen enough from him to decide either way.  I liked the point he raised about Dice tying Sili and me together.  But other than that, there hasn't been much to comment on.  He can get a slight null +, but not very much.

Dice - I would have him higher if he didn't seem to be tunneling on Sili.  I feel like he is letting his exchange with Sili before get in the way of being truly objective.  He's said contradictory things regarding

Pralaya - I can never really read him well.  I don't agree with him regarding Shad.  But other than that, I don't really see anything that tips me one way or the other on him.

Sili - This is a genuine I don't know what is going on here.  I liked the point he made initially against Dice.  And I also like the way he's looking outside of what people are focusing on. But he has been getting very hung up about people not interpreting it the way he intended it.  I don't see why he keeps hammering that point home, even if it's something that I think was just a misunderstanding.  He's admitted that he's been caught up in the heat of the moment, which would explain things a bit.  This is a case of I see things I like and see things I don't, which balance out to land him here.   He can also have a slight null +.

Null (w/o content):

Kronos - but he's asked to be replaced.

Hallia - only thing I've seen really is her not being able to read Dice very well.

Slight scum:

Kaylee - I like the effort she's been putting in so far.  But I don't like some of what she's said.  I feel like she's tunneling on me and not taking other opinions into account.  I feel like she's contradicted herself a couple of times in pushing against me - I pointed it out with her take on the Dice situation.

After going through, I'm going to Unvote, vote: Kaylee.  She is the best suspect I have at this point.

Fine.

He agreed Sooh was town, didn't comment on Zander, but I realized he ought to be read Zander town for the same reason he read Sooh as town, otherwise he would be suffering from a double standard (the same reason he thought I was scum). I also knew Dice should know Zander can fake tone, so my objective was two fold: get Dice to think more critically about what he was accusing me of, and case Dice for his lazy read.

That early in the game, can't anyone fake tone?  It was a bunch of gif spamming for crying out loud.  

Did he truly "clear" Zander, or did he do the same thing you did with your "Sooh Town" thing, and it's all one huge misunderstanding?

Fine.

That early in the game, can't anyone fake tone?  It was a bunch of gif spamming for crying out loud.  

Did he truly "clear" Zander, or did he do the same thing you did with your "Sooh Town" thing, and it's all one huge misunderstanding?

Same as I did with sooh if memory serves.

He offered a weak explanation: Zander has a tonal tell therefore I feel he is town.

I would need to look back to recite the wording verbatum.

Why hasn't Dice tried to convince anyone he is right about me, and get me run up?

This is a serious question. This part of Dice's pattern is eerily absent.

Several people have already come out saying I am null or town over today's exchange.

I would have thought that'd be impetus for Dice to attempt to sway people.

And he should definitely be collaborating with Zander I think.

Fine.

Not my fault btw.

@Razen - who are you actually suspicious of?

I don't want to forget anyone. I was going to post this earlier, but Zander came in and started his catch up, and then I got distracted by my stomach.

Lean town:

Shad - I like his analysis of the Dice/Sili situation. It seems genuine to me, like he is trying to take in what people say and then factor that in to what he's posted so far.

Zander - His catch-up posts have a good tone to them. I liked his read list as well - he organized it differently than I do, but the only places that I really disagree with are Kaylee, Sili, and myself. I like how he's trying to bring in what other people have thought about Sili to help him make a better read.

Slight town:

Sooh - This is mostly a tone read, to be honest. Content-wise, she's mostly adopted a wait-and-see approach, but she has voted, which I think is a point in her favor.

AJ - I didn't like his unexplained vote on Sili coming right as he posted at the beginning of the game. But since then, I feel like he is trying to make an effort to examine interactions and figure out who is scum and who is town. I obviously don't agree with his read on me, seeing that I'm town. But I don't get the feeling he is trying to push an agenda.

Thane - Having never played with him before, I don't know what to expect here. I'm seeing a few good points from him - I like the way he told Sili to calm down and approach the thread with a clear head. That's something I would expect from a town-aligned player. That said, he seems to be taking more of a wait-and-see approach to things in general, which I'm not the biggest fan of.

Null (w/content):

Verbal - I haven't really seen enough from him to decide either way. I liked the point he raised about Dice tying Sili and me together. But other than that, there hasn't been much to comment on. He can get a slight null +, but not very much.

Dice - I would have him higher if he didn't seem to be tunneling on Sili. I feel like he is letting his exchange with Sili before get in the way of being truly objective. He's said contradictory things regarding

Pralaya - I can never really read him well. I don't agree with him regarding Shad. But other than that, I don't really see anything that tips me one way or the other on him.

Sili - This is a genuine I don't know what is going on here. I liked the point he made initially against Dice. And I also like the way he's looking outside of what people are focusing on. But he has been getting very hung up about people not interpreting it the way he intended it. I don't see why he keeps hammering that point home, even if it's something that I think was just a misunderstanding. He's admitted that he's been caught up in the heat of the moment, which would explain things a bit. This is a case of I see things I like and see things I don't, which balance out to land him here. He can also have a slight null +.

Null (w/o content):

Kronos - but he's asked to be replaced.

Hallia - only thing I've seen really is her not being able to read Dice very well.

Slight scum:

Kaylee - I like the effort she's been putting in so far. But I don't like some of what she's said. I feel like she's tunneling on me and not taking other opinions into account. I feel like she's contradicted herself a couple of times in pushing against me - I pointed it out with her take on the Dice situation.

After going through, I'm going to Unvote, vote: Kaylee. She is the best suspect I have at this point.

Two things. One: AJ didn't use an agenda he pointed out what others, including myself, saw. That being your wolfy behavior.

Two: I showed how that wasn't a contradiction on my part. You thought it was because you misunderstood what I was saying. I don't have them as suspects... never have.

Why hasn't Dice tried to convince anyone he is right about me, and get me run up?

This is a serious question. This part of Dice's pattern is eerily absent.

Several people have already come out saying I am null or town over today's exchange.

I would have thought that'd be impetus for Dice to attempt to sway people.

And he should definitely be collaborating with Zander I think.

Good point actually about Dice not pushing it. Will see what he has to say when he shows back up.

Still think Razen is a good way to go.

Ok I'm caught up.

Uh. Ppl clearing zander too fast.

Sooh town.

Ummm.....please explain both these lines of thought cause atp.  Nothing really here to substantiate either so....

That's how I felt.

Uh. Ppl clearing zander too fast.

Sooh town.

Ummm.....please explain both these lines of thought cause atp.  Nothing really here to substantiate either so....

Do you mean you don't think you're being cleared, or not being cleared too fast?

atp no one cleared me AT ALL....so WTF are you even talking about??  Verb made a comment about not voting for me today cause I posted a funny pic of Yolo Darth Vader.  I mean i dont think you're stupid so to me you're making stuff up and trying to fling dirt at people.

Right? I'm glad it wasn't just me.

Adding Zander to my townish leans.

If anything you're just going to egg him on, Sili.

Was that your intent?

Partly, but I really think town!Dice goes at me harder for longer. It's one of the check boxes I am waiting to fill out.

Dice doesn't really preach to the choir about his target.

Never has so idk why that is being brought up as if it's factual.

Not preach.  Last time Dice went at me was months ago but I recall he was on my case until the day after when people finally convinced him to calm down.

:huh: eh, it is possible I am projecting onto Dice, AJ. How I think is, if I am certain about a thing I will press it.

Way Dice presses people is by yelling they are mafia, and attempting to debunk their posts, and keeping it up.

For me, when I press a person, I often try to persuade other people to get responses.

I have to think Dice tries to persuade people in his own way too, otherwise why engage someone he won't change his mind on.

Im gonna tell you this once and once only sili  Quit the insults cause im getting annoyed.

I have been focussed almost totally on you. You are my only real vote. I have said you are my lynch, that i want you lynched first. Which bits of that makes you think im not pushing for your lynch?

Dice doesn't really preach to the choir about his target.

Never has so idk why that is being brought up as if it's factual.

Aj is right. See I have this problem. I can have GREAT reads I can point out LOTS of stuff. And I can be RIGHT!! And Town STILL wont follow me. It takes a Cory or AJ or Yates jumping on and casing to get it to happen. So basically I sit here and bang away until someone FINALLY realises that they should be voting the same way i am and makes the case that people will listen to.

So if i DONT get you lynched today guess where my vote goes tomorrow?

[unvote]

[v]Razen[/v]

FTR - I never really had a reason to vote Sili. I wasn't paying that close of attention to the thread while I was enjoying my resort visit, I saw the two of them arguing and how Dice was engaging so I decided to throw down my vote without saying anything to see how people handled it. Basically no one said anything, which is fine, except a few.

Sili called it a bad vote. This is null.

Sooh/Kaylee (don't remember which now) said they didn't like me not explaining it. This is fine too.

The best reaction I got to the vote, by far, was Razen's ability to take a vote with no stated reason and apply it negatively without doing any sort of investigation first. At the very least, he isn't playing objectively and I have issue with that. People assume a lot in this game, but there's always two sides to the coin. If he wanted to assume that I was sheeping Dice, that would be okay, but only if he acknowledged that I could have been doing something else. Instead he hard labels it as something, essentially fabricating his own reason to vote me, and runs with it.

thats pretty much what i was assuming. i figured you just followed my gut.

as far as Razen he is the only one other then sili im willing to vote. He pinged me as soon as he started posting re me and sili.

heres the thing tho   my thinking? Razen and sili are tied together. My preferred order is sili then razen. Sili flips scum as i think he does that confirms razen for me

Why are they tied together?  Razen came in and essentially gave more credence to Zander than Sili.  How does that equate to pairing them?

This is the issue I have here as well.  He sounds like he wants to make my flip conditional on Sili's.

I think Dice is very explicitly stating that if Sili flips scum he thinks you're scum too.  Eh, I totally understand wanting Dice to explain himself but I don't like your tone here.  You're portraying it as if you read something scummy between the lines but in fact you're pointing out his exact words.

It won't let me use the posts now so I'll just make the comments I had with them for now. Hope it makes sense.

Liking Thane's more recent posts. (In particular where he's responding to Sili)

Thane is one Null for me atm but closer to town.

Dice: I don't see Razen and Sili tied together.

Shad: You also have it wrong about me worrying about a trap. Yes I said it was a possibility. I get what you're saying and that also works like a trap. (That was my point.) What I meant was it felt like they were working together, more like the way you suggested since I don't have either as a scum read atm. I didn't say I felt it made her scum. I was just saying that the cryptic/trap style talk is something I don't like and I was noting that they were both doing it at that point. I fully expect her to explain it later.

Razen: I didn't like how you gave Sili an explaination after questioning why his reads changed. Seemed like at first you fought it suspicious then backed off. Why? I find scum will do things like that to not make it too obvious that they know the person is town. I don't like the way you handled that at all. More reason I'm not liking you this game. It's the fact that you brought attention to it, double checked for yourself, then gave a reason as why the change could've happened. If you found it suspicious why not let him answer for himself?

Shad: You also have it wrong about me worrying about a trap. Yes I said it was a possibility. I get what you're saying and that also works like a trap. (That was my point.) What I meant was it felt like they were working together, more like the way you suggested since I don't have either as a scum read atm. I didn't say I felt it made her scum. I was just saying that the cryptic/trap style talk is something I don't like and I was noting that they were both doing it at that point. I fully expect her to explain it later.

Verbal I'm liking. He's giving early reads and trying to figure things out.

Ok reads so far:

Players

1. Razen - Already said but pushing an agenda, misrepping, not liking at all

2. Shad - Some good questions and points. I don't know him as well so light town feel for now.

3. Kronos - Need more

4. Verbal - Active, working to figure things out town feel

5. Kaylee - me

6. Hallia - Null really need more

7. Sooh - Null but leaning town.

8. dice - On his town game

9. Andrej - Town lean. I liked what he's had to say about Razen as it echo's my own thoughts.

10. Zander - Haven't really looked at him to this point.

11. Pral - I read him better as time goes on. Liking that he's active

12. Thane - Not sure yet, but time will tell. Null but closer to the town side

13. Sili - likely town

[v]Razen[/v]

The purple - you state that Sili and I are not tied together when you address Dice's comment.  That's fine - I agree with that point no problems and don't like the way he tried to do that.  My problem comes when you address the point I raised on his read lists, you tie me to Sili by saying I provided him with an explanation over his reads list..  How can you tell Dice that we're not tied together but then tie us together yourself?

:dry:  [v]Razen[/v]

Archived