DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shadar if you are town you should be HIGHLY suspicious of Leyrann desperately pushing for the hammer like a page ago

You seemed pretty relaxed about it though which is worrisome :mellow:

Who are the scum IYO?

Well I thought I was dead last night so, I see no point in being stressed plus i have not really gotten upset over something like that. You may not have read this yet but it is my first game of mafia so I am just kind of happy to have lasted so long.

Well Ley, I could see as being mafia, due to the fact that when I say the same thing about making sure we have a lynch day one people jump all over me. But I guess he just explains it better.

Either BFG or Panchi is the vig / sk, because you two are the only ones I think that would not shoot me out right, unless some other wierd thing happened but I went through my thoughts on that a while back.

Sooh I think ia town because of how her post seem to be for the town so I strongly think she is town.

I am missing someone let me check the list, I am on my phone so give me a minute.

I've read back about two or three pages and if I had to YOLO guess I'd say Ley/dice are probably BOTH mafia.

Sooh is town, BFG probably town

Shadar I hope I get a better read on your via reread because you are my big mystery

Ugh, prior to today I'd have said Ley.

Now I don't know.

Shadar is my best guess for SK, he's the least likely to be mafia imo

So I guess right now, I'd say Dice.

On a side note Dice is camping over the weekend.

First of all, lets

[unvote]

because we have more time.

Well Ley, I could see as being mafia, due to the fact that when I say the same thing about making sure we have a lynch day one people jump all over me. But I guess he just explains it better.
Either BFG or Panchi is the vig / sk, because you two are the only ones I think that would not shoot me out right, unless some other wierd thing happened but I went through my thoughts on that a while back.
Sooh I think ia town because of how her post seem to be for the town so I strongly think she is town.

I am missing someone let me check the list, I am on my phone so give me a minute.

The difference is that what you got called out for was "No lynch", where a majority agrees not to lynch anyone, while I am talking about "not reaching a majority" in which case something happens. What exactly is different per mod, but generally not fun for town.

so to-do list then

>read game

>clear 3(?) villagers, lead scum lynch

>leave plans for village after my inevitable NK

>win BFG's heart once and for all

sounds like a task for a man like me

Like the idea. Get it going!

just from everyone's BARE memory:

has dice done anything noticeable this game at all?

Not to me. I had already been wondering about that a bit too, though I believe I haven't voiced it in thread yet. It's like, the first time I don't feel like I'm reading scum posts when reading his posts, and the thing is that I'm not sure if I've ever actually seen him as scum. Wondering a bit if that lack of a scum vibe means if he's actually scum.

here it is:

Let's talk about how to read dice. I've played ~14 games with him and in the course of those games read several of his older wolf games. This ish has worked for me quite reliably. Maybe it'll help you.

Content-wise, dice's reads are more complex as a villager. He comes up with wolf reads backed by original reasoning that call attention to him. As a wolf, he posts reads, but they're pretty basic stuff and he tends to miss or ignore significant things. On occasion he has trouble judging how confident he should be in his reads.

Tonally, dice tends to sound looser as a villager. There's an emotional component to his reactions that is often missing as a wolf. He comes across as more committed to his reads. When he's wolfing, he may try posting a bit of fluff here and there, usually early in a game, but mostly he comes across as grimly determined to fulfill his role.

He has a volume tell. He's aware of it and might conceivably try to address it in the short term when he's wolfing, but still, it's there. This would already be his highest posting wolf game of all time.

We're left with a situation in which he's either playing his best wolf game ever, by some distance, or he's a villager. Obviously someone who has played 85 long games is more likely to be a villager than to have finally learned how to post like his villager self on his 14th try as a wolf.

Here's a summary in gif form for people who dislike words:

When dice is a villager, he posts like this:

uzJRONT.gif

When dice is a wolf, he posts like this:

u93z7BT.gif

I suggest listening to this guy and rereading dice's posts to see if this lines up with what he's done this game

Anyways, I promised I'd explain my voting today.

First, I voted BFG because we had only one kill and Yates, who turned out to be Jailer, claimed to have targeted BFG. Considering I had just amazed myself by getting multiple correct scum reads (RTE and Hallia, which is a lot better than I'm used to getting right), I was a bit enthousiast and only thought about Yates having stopped the kill from going out, without thinking that it could have gone in too. Considering me, Yates and BFG were the three most active players, that would not be a weird guess. I realized that the next day when I had cooled down a bit and BFG was questioning my vote. Interesting thing to note is that Sooh immediately followed. I feel like she's doing that an awful lot.

Then, I was talking about not finding two scum reads, when BFG pointed out I remembered something wrong about Panchi. I then iso'd her and realized she had done absolutely freaking nothing, and voted her.

People didn't agree with me about that, however, and considering it isn't a weird guess that we're going to need every townie to get a lynch, I decided to unvote and go for Shadar instead, who we had agreed on the night before didn't look too clean. Then, I got a bit annoyed that, with 3 hours to deadline and me being gone for those three hours, we were at L-1 and I was afraid there'd only be mafia online who would just not vote and watch us lose, with Australian Dice being the last town. And yeah, I understand that was pretty visible in my posts, also because it was added with an accidental "go to last page" which destroyed the post that in superspeed explained what I'm now explaining here. Anyways, now that we have more time I think it's a good idea to wait longer. Cory looks like the kind of person who can bring a lot of valuable input to the game.

I thought a bit more about my voting when taking a shower, and I realized how BAD my voting pattern really looks today...

On the other hand, there wasn't really any following (except a bit from Sooh), which might indicate that I'm either right with my votes, or that mafia can't get a majority with one or two town votes helping, which would indicate a 4v1v1 situation. We can't count on it, but I'd say it has become a bit more likely. Which would also mean a bit brighter day because we could afford a mislynch. Better to not count on it though, as I already said.

In that post you quoted, I'd say Dice would be mafia.

Depends on his stance on Hallia and why it formed - dice isn't a particularly big busser as Mafia, either.

I am home and on my laptop and I'm going to start reading the thread but I'll leave a tap open here if anyone wants to chat in real time.

Since we're short on time and I have a lot to read and this phase seems pretty CRUCIAL, I am going to approach this the most simple way I can and hopefully someone can give me helpful ganderings and etc.

I am going to focus on people I read well.

I don't think it's going to be very problematic to read dice or BFG - considering A) they haven't posted with the expectation that I am in the game and B) they both have 4-5 day phases of content. I should have solid reads on both of them before finishing.

Leyrann has a great deal of content and I'm appreciative of that but I also have no idea how to read him. If someone could post some recent town/scum games from him that would be spectacular so I can take a peek - I should have time today and I'll stay up past my bedtime if necessary :P

Sooh I have SOME idea how to read, though not perfect since she's a new player, but there's something in the thread that I'm already 95% ready to clear her for. Anyone who can figure out what it is gets a town point or two for paying attention :P

Shadar, I don't really know how to approach so I am going to wing it.

Let's do this.

Yeah I said before I rushed when I voted BFG, and that's entirely my bad. I was in a rush and not reading the situation right at all. Plus you're right.. I was following you because I was convinced you were town.

Vote Count - all votes for or by Panch have been removed.

Shadar - 1 ( Sooh)

Not voting - 5 ( BFG, Shadar, Dice, Cory, Ley )

With 6 alive it takes 4 to Lynch.

Day 5 Ends Saturday 4th April @ 9.15 BST - I'll add a timer tonight, or tomorrow.

Archived