DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Game Over] Cliche Mafia - The Death of Meta - Sooh Wins!

Ithillian Turambar

You're not really going to get anything from my past games I think. I've played the last two Black Tower games, both vanilla town, and before that there's a hiatus of nearly a year. If not more than a year. And on top of that I've been messing around with my playstyle, starting the game before this one, in order to get more useful.

Anyway, here they are:

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/91922-cleanse-the-tower-black-tower-mafia-day-2/

http://www.dragonmount.com/forums/topic/92740-psycho-a-sketchy-sk-event-is-over/

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you can find enough, but they won't be representative for how I'd play now if I were scum. Back then the best I could do was list people and put reads on them, and I voted for what I thought to be the best case...

Fooling you? Why do you think I'm fooling you?

To be honest: I haven't seen you enough to be able to read you well; takes me more than a few games of watching to get a FEEL for how a person thinks.

Earlier this day phase Panchi had two votes (Ley/dice IIRC) and you entered the thread and voted a separate wagon (Shadar)

Considering we're likely either at MYLO or LYLO-1, getting a mislynch is a priority above all else for the wolves, so I wondered "If Sooh was mafia, why wouldn't she just vote me there knowing ~time was running out on the day phase and not much more movement was possible?"

Specifically if you were scum with BFG, you likely could have ended the game there or came close enough to doing so. But instead you voted elsewhere; so one thing that's easy and fun to do here is say "well, Sooh and BFG are not Mafia together"

And then you work from there; typically my mainline strategy is to eliminate interactions this way to figure out highest probability scum. Ofc this game is already 75% complete so I can be a little lazy.

The only counterpoint to all of this in my head is "Well, Sooh is new and might not realize she should be ~voting Panchi there as Mafia", but I think you're smarter than that  :wink:

Lol yeah... no, I was uncomfortable with the stab in the dark at an SK that Dice set in motion.. especially since he was making guesses and had no real opinion as to who it might be. Shadar was someone we had discussed at length before as scum, so I thought in order to get a lynch on D5 that would secure Town at least a little more then that's where we should look.

Lol yeah... no, I was uncomfortable with the stab in the dark at an SK that Dice set in motion.. especially since he was making guesses and had no real opinion as to who it might be. Shadar was someone we had discussed at length before as scum, so I thought in order to get a lynch on D5 that would secure Town at least a little more then that's where we should look.

If you just say "hey Cory I'm town" I'll probably never consider lynching you

Add some winks and emoticons and you might just seal the deal

For those playing, dice is doing the "discuss one person, vote another person" thing that I typically don't expect him to do as a villager and if you follow the quote he IMMEDIATELY gets conscientious about it

thatsnotagoodlook

Tina posted nothing but fluff.. if you look at her cliche you'll see why.. she was playing them pretty strongly.

Cory... you may be easy, but that easy?? Impressive...

Tina posted nothing but fluff.. if you look at her cliche you'll see why.. she was playing them pretty strongly.

Cory... you may be easy, but that easy?? Impressive...

Tina has some great posts about dice and some other stuff that is super in her town range but I wouldn't fault you for not knowing that since you don't have as much experience reading her as I do :P

I don't know who lynched her yet but if someone like Darthe was pushing it I would be disappointed (which I usually am IRT to Darthe ^.^)

Rather than build a notepad I am just going to scratch out 2-player teams 

Worst case scenario is we have two Mafia left, so we'd need to lynch one today or lose. If we have Mafia and SK it's not technically LYLO but I'm going main contingency plan

If there are two Mafia and an SK and we lynch the SK, we lose outright. Mafia kills another villager, it's parity tomorrow.

That is worst case scenario. Considering the multiple kills N1 and N2 and the fact that everyone has claimed vanilla, SK is super likely as scum was shot N2 so the scum don't have any sort of extra KP or something like that.

Best logic at a likely MYLO is prepare for worst case scenario. I am going to try to find a player that is A) very likely to be scum and B) has significant equity to be part of a mafia team.

Through Day 1 now

BFG nothing from your d1 stood out to me as villagery at all :( I'd like you to be a villager and was hoping that it'd be obvious to me on a threadread but it's not and that hurts. Would have had her in my nulls, maybe null-to-scum orange because she usually hits on a couple of her town tells d1. Hope that this was just an activity flake and that she improves after

I can usually clear dice within 10-15 posts he makes and through day 1 I would have been yelling for his lynch. I'll see if he gets better but dice = mafia probably my strongest read at this admittedly half-baked point. Doesn't respond to the things I would expect him to respond to as town, seems disinterested and his few posts are "posts just to post" level stuff. Would have him in orange.

Actually found Shadar to be relatively villagery d1 which is surprising considering he's a new player. Would have had him in light green.

Leyrann IDK. Content level is high which is usually a villager sign but don't really know his scumgame. Going to look into him further as soon as I'm fully caught up, don't really know his HABITS.

Sooh looked fine, which considering the more recent behavior I'm aware I'm very comforable with a green. 

No blues (clear villagers) yet, but we haven't really hit the DRAMA yet. Going to keep going.

I'm pretty null on Panchi to be honest up to this point. However when she did check back into the game she just did so to say she was busy and not give anything in the way of content really. Mafia or not if she can't contribute it's only going to hurt us. Yea she was the rival train on Day 1 and not a bad one considering the circumstances at that point but at the same time she hasn't really appeared all that scummy IMO. But not good either. 

My strongest scum lean at this point is Ley. I gave him a lot of slack due to his cliches but he's dropped those now and still doesn't look any better to me. Of all people to get the paranoid cliche in the first place... But his posting and interactions gives me cause for concern and I've been happy with my gut reads lately.

Tress I always remind myself to be more wary of. Called her Mafia's Moghedien last game and I was certainly right. Feel she's playing quite similarly this game, if not more scummy to be honest. 

Have a town read on Darthe and Dice thus far, with town lean on Yates and Turin. Those two are probably the two people who can be most dangerous in this game though. Both have had moments where they didn't look spectacular but leaning town right now. Town lean on Shadar as well (soft spot for teh noobies :wub: ).

Null read on:

Hallia, who has largely stuck to her cliche at this point

Sooh, whose most memorable posts to me have been expressing her annoyance at this game

Tina, who can always be a threat but don't think much of yet

BFG, not enough there and don't know her well enough

If I had to guess a scum team it would be Ley, Tress, Hallia, and toss in someone from Yates/Turin/Sooh/BFG/Tina. Will be tough to win this game if we don't lynch scum today, so let's get to it. 

[v] Ley [/v

RTE, you have played enough with me to know that I am NOT playing like I normally would, right? For example look at my post #778. I would NEVER word it like that if not for my cliché. Apart from maybe not having voted Panchi in the first place (reminder: everyone has two clichés), I would more likely have replied with an explanation for why I voted her plus asking what he then thought about Hallia (who I don't exactly trust).

Also, you're talking about Tress looking at least as scummy as last game, maybe even more. Last game she was non-town. If she looks even scummier than that, why aren't you voting her?

This is probably important

That RTE post I hope has been analyzed already

Darthe being darthe

Fos

Fos but no vote? he is pushing you as mafia and you have nothing to say??

vote Hallia

This comes long after RTE begins to throw Hallia into his suspect pool and dice hasn't been active at all and this is never followed up afaict nor does he have any line of logic that leads into this

Considering the heat on Hallia had already emerged pretty significantly this vote is worth nothing in terms of town equity and is probably SCUMMY on it's own accord

I'd guess Hallia, Tina, RTE and a fourth as scum team.

Anyone have ANY inside knowledge on Leyrann's scum game? Is he more of an ABC player or is he a crafty, bussy wolf?

Considering RTE I could see the Mafia team bussing Hallia there outright with her permission tbh, considering she is not likely to be a lategame wolf and she had pushes on her by generally ~followed players like Darthe

Also with the cop dead night 1 godfather is essentially a vanilla townie who's flip "looks better" than a vanilla townie so role-wise is just super bussable

Turin what's with your vote?

Letting you know I still find you suspicious. I might be a bit paranoid of bussing since 

1. You are very good at it.

2. with the cop dead, all the mafias just got promoted to GF in effect. I know that if I was mafia I would consider bussing the GF if they were under ANY scrutiny because it looks really good and in this case is not as detrimental as it might be usually.

Who do you think should be the compteting train with Hallia today? (Ley is off the table for me)

Okay that's legit funny

Wolves got a freebie here

Archived