DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wizarding World War 1 - Mafia Game - Day 2

Red2111

Lulz, I had the overreaction?? I must have quoted your post, and not remembered where it was, and since I reply to all my quoted posts after catching up with the thread, I didn't remember when you had that statement stands.  And I stand by my statement that its' not the simplest.  Just because its the only cause you know about does not mean its the simplest.  There's a higher possibility of a doc somewhere that could ahve protected someone, a BPV of some sort, or a dozen other roles in an advanced game. 

Also, how would a jailer work on a scum team if they had multiple people?  If any one of them was jailed would it stop the kill?  Or only if that person submitted the kill?  Or would it not stop at all?  How do you presume to have this knowledge by stating that its most likely that NotBob is scum who's kill was blocked by being jailed?  Do you have too much information?

One of the reasons I asked the above question was to see if you would admit to your reasoning being faulty.  But seeing as you continue to stand by what you have said, I can only conclude that you have more information than town actually does, so slip right there.  And you talk about me having too much information.

And to answer your other concerns, my tone from 1.0 may have changed since I flounder around more in day 1 due to the overabundance of people and reads.  I still keep the same methods of scumhunting and logical analysis however, so I can make the best decisions from my perspective.

Also fyi, if NotBob hadn't given me a satisfactory answer to the jailing question he would have been my vote right away.  Seeing as he claimed a character I believe to be in this game as well as a role which is almost always town aligned according to mafiascum and also can avoid being targeted by any action during the night, I believe his claim of not being jailed.  The easiest explanation here is that Nyn tried to jail NotBob (since her gift was confirmed by Mynd, doubt 2 mafia would put themselves out there as a gambit) and NotBob's role as a commuter gave him the ability to escape that jailing.  Therefore 3 of the most active people are town, but because of their activity, everyone suspects them.

And finally on top of all of that, you've put yourself in the perfect position to take out every single active person here.  First me, then NotBob because you're tabling him tomorrow, then if he flips town (which I do think he will) you can go for Nyn and continue.

So for

1. Overreacting by pointing out my "overreaction" which was simply me forgetting when you had made a post.

2. Having extra knowledge of how a jailer would work on a scum team.

3. Trying to get behind a lynch by saying its the easiest explanation (falsely) and then backing off when he makes a legitimate role claim which other people back off on.

4. Setting yourself in a position to take out the most active townies.

[unvote]

[v] Em [/v]

Not a fan of how defensive Rand is getting for the vote by Key. I thought Key made sense with her reasons for suspicion of Rand and then Rand goes onto obfuscate her reasons with convoluted explanations.

For example,

Green - Typically, in most games, the kill will be stopped when scum who sends in the NK is blocked or jailed etc. That is the simplest way to look at it. Instead, Rand is trying to twist it as saying that Key has too much information, when all she is doing is to assume the most probable case. If there is something out of the ordinary, that is when this logic is useful, not in this case. I don't like how he is stressing the fact that Key is working on additional information when she is not.

Blue - defensive again. Seems to be an overexplanation for a simple observation. 

Red - again trying to obfuscate the argument by saying that Key is targetting the "most active players", putting her reasoning in the backburner. Also, he says in the same post that he is not sure what the commuter does but also hints that NotBob gave a satisfactory answer. Kind of contradictory. Agreed his character may sound town but I don't see it as a definite proof since it is very easy to fake a character. If the game can be solved by character claims, then there is no point playing the game. 

Overall, Rand had been my scum lean and Key my town lean. This argument just reinforces that feeling. As I said, i don;t like how Rand is trying to twist the facts into voting Key.

[unvote] [v] Rand 2.0[/v]

Can also vote dice. Not liking the Dawn train right now. Seems too easy. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't like the Dawn train either. I don't think we've seen nearly enough out of her to to make that call and she's typically an easy mislynch.

Since I've yet to get an answer I will Unvote and Vote Rand. If I get a response from the mods that casts a negative light on Notbob, my vote goes right back to him on D3.

I think it's hilarious that Rand was trying to prove that he wasn't overreacting by overacting.  xD

I think Key has been making some fair points and that Rand's response was mostly composed of BS. He's accusing her of presenting a "bogus" scenario that I myself pointed out and that prompted my vote on Notbob to begin with. I also don't like how he's trying to insert credibility into Notbob's character and role claim. First of all, scum fake claim townie roles ALL THE TIME.... so just because a commuter is a town role doesn't mean that NB is being truthful. Secondly I give zero weight to character claims. As I said, scum most likely have solid fake claims if character claims are allowed. I very much doubt Red would create a game where character claims were a dead give away to a person's alignment. So yeah, I'm not buying that claiming Lily Potter should automatically mean that Notbob is town.

UNOfficial Vote Count- Day 2 (updated from the one Halli posted in the previous page)

NotBob-(1/7)- AH

Dawn-(3/7)-Mynd, NotBob, Hallia

Rand 2.0-(3/7)-Key, Pral, Nyn

Key-(1/7)-Rand 2.0

Not voting-(3/12)- Tsuki, Dawn, Rhea

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Official Vote Count- Day 2

Dawn-(3/7)-Mynd, NotBob, Hally

Rand 2.0-(3/7)-Key, Pral, Nyn

Key-(1/7)-Rand 2.0 

Not voting-(5/12)-Tsuki, Dawn, AH, Rhea, Dice

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

That's a tie so Random.org

I was voting

I would be very ok with voting Hallia, but right now I am going to get on the [v]vote NotBob[/v] train purely so that he can tell us what he wants to, and then also it'd be a way to get more information about this knot we have here. 

I'm planning on jumping off this train after he talks though. I'm wary of one-train days this early in the game. 

but now I am going to unvote (do we have a special code for that now?) and read up before re placing my vote

Oh shoot deadline just passed. Slept in too late >.> WOULD have voted RandA.2 as that would have given us a lot of information, he/Mish didn't seem quite right to me, and I really don't liked this train on Dawn--I completely understand wanting to post a sorry but not doing more until there's time to do an update; that was me a few days ago (only without the "sorry" post) 

Blarg.

Frank Longbottom was an Auror for the Ministry of Magic. He was also a member of the secret organisation, the Order of the Phoenix who were against Lord Voldemort. 

Late at night, he was walking back to a safe area to Disapprate. The times were bad, out in the open was dangerous. He and a couple of other Aurors had been sent to to this location on a rumor of a Dark Mark in the vicinity. And a troubling fact was that this a well populated wizard community. But now the place looked like a ghost town.

His team had checked the rumor and on finding nothing had returned back to their homes or the Ministry. He had decided to go for one last patrol.

Suddenly, he heard a piercing  scream in the still of the night. He quickly ran towards the sound. 

As he ran, he looked up and had  his worst fear confirmed, the Dark Mark.

As he reached the place where the sound had come from, he saw a house that had clearly been attacked. Door hanging of it's hinges, curtains ripped, all the tell tale signs.

He took out his wand and carefully entered the house. To his surprise, the interior of the house looked fine. Quickly he realized that this was a trap for him.

He spun around and walked fast but calmly towards the crowd that was moving towards the house. He raised his voice and said " Please return to your homes. Times are dangerous and it's not safe."

"Not safe for you. You must have attacked the family that lived here."

" Sir, I'm Auror for the Ministry of Magic and please do as I say." Frank said.

"We don't believe you. You must be one of those Death Eaters" 

"Get him", one particularly gruff voice said. Suddenly curses started flying towards him. He realized that Death Eaters must have planted the Dark Mark and joined the crowd. Frank was an extremely well trained wizard but for a crowd of twenty, among them Death Eaters, he was no match for.

Suddenly a flash of green light moved towards him and Frank Longbottom died.

Dawn, Frank Longbottom, Vanilla Town was lynched.

So, my jailing N1 didn't go through. But I still think NB is full of it. I didn't like his general play before I came forward and I didn't like his reactions afterwards or his vote on Dawn. It was general knowledge that I got a gift by answering the trivia question so if the scum have a roleblocker/swaper or whatnot, I was the obvious target because they knew I was packing something. They also know I'm packing stuff now so we'll see what happens. But this prolly means that on N1 the doc made the right call, hence the no kill. So kudos on that. 

Bottom line is, unless Notbob starts to bring some actual scumhunting to the table, not changing my scum lean on him. And Rand is up there with him.

So, my jailing N1 didn't go through. But I still think NB is full of it. I didn't like his general play before I came forward and I didn't like his reactions afterwards or his vote on Dawn. It was general knowledge that I got a gift by answering the trivia question so if the scum have a roleblocker/swaper or whatnot, I was the obvious target because they knew I was packing something. They also know I'm packing stuff now so we'll see what happens. But this prolly means that on N1 the doc made the right call, hence the no kill. So kudos on that. 

Bottom line is, unless Notbob starts to bring some actual scumhunting to the table, not changing my scum lean on him. And Rand is up there with him.

Rand 2.0 is who I am looking at tomorrow.

2 more days for night to end? People are going to lose interest, trust me :)

Agreed.

Agreed here, too.

@X - 2 hours? I suppose I could look it up, but I'm trying to be good and guess ;).

Archived