DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he flips Vanilla then probably yes. But I don't believe he will.

...but then BFG agrees?  Can one of you explain why BFG will be the target if Thane flips town?  Why are you all acting like Thane is going to flip town?

I don't think Thane will flip Town.

Specifically I said I would probably be lynched if he flipped vanilla. Role madness generally only has 1 VT, so 2 people claiming, 1 is probably lying (can see Twilight game as example).

Got it.  Makes sense.  But then again, there could be two VT's but that's unlikely. 

Yep, Thane is the way to go........this feels like Deja Vu all over again.

...but then BFG agrees?  Can one of you explain why BFG will be the target if Thane flips town?  Why are you all acting like Thane is going to flip town?

Specifically I said I would probably be lynched if he flipped vanilla. Role madness generally only has 1 VT, so 2 people claiming, 1 is probably lying (can see Twilight game as example).

Got it.  Makes sense.  But then again, there could be two VT's but that's unlikely. 

bolded: i totally agree: I got lynched D1 yesterday in the Buffy game, being VT..... and it looks like it's going to happen once again..... *sighs* for real.....

bolded: i totally agree: I got lynched D1 yesterday in the Buffy game, being VT..... and it looks like it's going to happen once again..... *sighs* for real.....

Holy Crap... Your the new Blackhoof.

blackhoof? if that's in Darthe's little book somewhere, then i'd really like a copy.... (for other reasons too btw)

Nah Blackhoof, BH, was a player who always, /ALWAYS/ got lynched D1. Most of the time through little fault of his own. And if he didnt get lynched he got NKed N1. It was a running joke.

ah, i see.... well, if he's still around, there's no need to replace him yet i'd say. I don't want to be the new Blackhoof :sad:

i'll be around a little today, need to get my vacation paid. Kids have too many weeks off if you ask me. I wonder if teachers have the same amount of time off during summer, that'd be great if you have kids of your own.... 

ok, skimming is bad: i missed BFG's claim there. Seeing it's a hard claim, i will give you my name too: i'm Irene Adler. And i'm still town.

Could it be Two townies in a game? Or is it IMPOSSIBLE to have 2 VT's in a role madness game? After all, it's the mod who gives out roles to his/her liking. I seriously get the feeling that everybody plays 'how it was and how it should be' instead of 'what are the real possibilities'.

ok, skimming is bad: i missed BFG's claim there. Seeing it's a hard claim, i will give you my name too: i'm Irene Adler. And i'm still town.

Could it be Two townies in a game? Or is it IMPOSSIBLE to have 2 VT's in a role madness game? After all, it's the mod who gives out roles to his/her liking. I seriously get the feeling that everybody plays 'how it was and how it should be' instead of 'what are the real possibilities'.

I'm terribly sorry, but there is no FRIGGEN way that Irene Alder is vanilla town.  Oh quite the contrary.

I'm terribly sorry, but there is no FRIGGEN way that Irene Alder is vanilla town.  Oh quite the contrary.

second bolded is perfect example for first bolded....

Tina - The game only had 11 pages, and you sheeped?

X - Read one of Des's WoT (Gasp right? XD )

I missed where he said 'It's day 1, and we're on page 5, it's way to early to read into things'

Bleeehhhhhh.

It's a tossup between tina and X right now.

What a strang way to say that. Would it be more normal to sheep with few pages or more pages? I think that the less there is the more people will talk about the same things.  But, depending on what you mean by sheeping, I did agree with others. Like others, I think Csarmi is miller. I also liked Ithi´s case on Thane and voted him because of it + his AtE post. 

About the vanilla claims:

1. I will not fall into the game the mod trap again. I have done so many times, recently in my last game. We don´t know if Basel and Cindy picked one or more VTs.

2. The wiki page that Turin linked to says that there could be a few to no vanilla. So to just assume that there would be just one is wrong. 

3. So I won´t make this into a Thane vs. BFG thing. Thane´s claim doesn´t make him town and if he would turn up town that would not necessarily mean that BFG is lying. 

So I will try to focus on game play and I still think that Thane deserves my vote. 

Dice had a strange post that was kind of backwords. I will soon find it. 

I still don´t like Tsuki. I´ll repete my reasons:

1. The semantics thing. He claims it to be a test to get a read on Chae. But what reaction was he waiting for? He says that her response gave him a town feeling. She didn´t go emo or get defensive but why would she? It feels like fake scumhunting.

2. The no voting in the first 24 hour rule. I have not played much with Tsuki so this might be something that he follows in every game. But the thing is that he found Thane suspicous but never voted him and then he changed to X without voting him. (He did later on though.) It feels like he was giving himself a way out - to be able to name people scummy without needing to vote them. 

3. Then I don´t like the way he makes things into general mafia tells. No one should defend anyone on D1 because that is what mafia do. Only scum is desperate not to offend etc. I don´t think that this is necessarily true. It could be, but doesn´t have to.  It´s not only about finding mafia on D1, it´s also about finding town. You have to be able to agree with people. And people must be able to explain themselves. 

That brings me to the case on X. I´m not sure I have understood it. Is it because he said that Csarmi is confirmed and that he has defended people? 

I still believe Csarmi to be miller but I wish he would contribute more. That lazy vote on Lenlo was weird. Chae - could you please explain why you are voting Lenlo. Chae´s reason for voting Lenlo is very vague, I don´t understand what she is talking about. 

BFG you realise that by doing that if we lynch thane and he flips town you are probably next right??

This is the quote. It feels kind of backwards. If you really think that there can only be one vanilla then wouldn´t the first reaction be that Thane is scum since BFG cc´d? Instead it looks like he knows Thane is town and is trying to set up BFG for a future lynch. Now, he has actually voted Thane after this so maybe it´s nothing after all. I still think it´s wrong to assume that there is only one vanilla. 

well i am voting Len for a reason : not because he used special words instead of others, not because i can quote something terrible obvious scum would use .... it is because i have an overal impression.

and his omgus vote on me, confirms that impression.

don't expect me to build walls of texts to please you :laugh:

except if i find material worth it.

chill out people !

woot.gif

Bleurgh. Another crazy busy night. Had to answer such a mind-bogglingy large amount of stupid questions tonight, sheesh. So hard for me to mask my incredulity at some of these people.

Anyways, been catching up in the meantime, and yeah I pretty much agree 1000% with Tina's last post.

Where did we start going off on the assumption that there could ONLY be one VT in a role madness game? If yall got it from Darthe's little book.... well then I'm frankly astounded many of you aren't considering the source. Assuming there can only be one VT, or that there HAS to be one VT at least, is just incredibly irresponsible gaming of the mods. I mean, do I seriously have to go into the what happens when you assume things in mafia platitude?

All that being said, Thane is still INCREDIBLY scummy. BFG's VT claim DOES make me think she's likely town, but it does nothing as far as helping me to decide who to lynch. Fact is, regardless of a VT "CC", Thane's claim was still incredibly awkward, and vague to the point of having to be challenged multiple times, he himself admitted to picking names at random instead of scumhunting (and speaking of fake scumhunting he lazily mentioned inactive players a bunch even tho the game had just started), in general has just gone AtE when people have tried questioning him, and now recently his behavior is exactly that of a scummer that's been caught, not of a townie trying to prove their innocence.

If you think Thane DOESN'T look like guaranteed scum right now, then you need to abre los ojos.

Speaking of which, all this makes me just incredibly suspicious of Chae. Not just her early defense of Thane- she then tried to defend him by suggesting he could be some kind of third party role or something that knew other people's roles. AFTER he had "claimed" VT. I mean that's just.... wow. Plus, generally speaking the first person to mention third party in a mafia game usually ends up being scum at a surprisingly high rate... so yeah I'm pretty sure town's got two scum in the bag so far. And should Chae end up being scum, then yeah Csarmi would DEF have to be looked at again imo for the bizarre way he followed her zero reasoning vote, miller claim or no. And tbh, his recent "meh" attitude does kinda seem like he just wants to skate on his claim all game instead of doing actual #work. So I'm actually starting to agree with Turin there.

Gonna go back through and look for specific stuff again, but yeah Mynd is also def starting to ping for me. Seems like he's going through the motions, is mostly just posting gifs and memes and stuff, and the few times he IS asking questions or something, they seem to be of the softball variety (asking people for their top three and stuff). In general his presence in the thread is not what I'd expect it to be.

Archived