DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

There must always be a vanilla town in a role madness game.

So sayeth Darthe.

Stroppy back-lash of them folks voting must be mafia - along with Mynd's post makes me think X might be a better bet.

Especially when Mynd rated Tsuki and Turin above me, but then votes with me lol.

[unvote]Thane

[V]X[/v]

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

on X: i dunno.... he isn't around much lately. His posts don't really help in the general game for me. He did defend Chae though, which is good since Chae posts well. She's trying to make some sense of the role madness in here. Csarmi: no idea, other than the fact that he annoys me.... don't really get the feel he's helping town a lot. Either because he's scummy or because he's not really paying attention to the game.

Hallia, dawn, BFG, Pral.... all absent, not helping that they are not posting. Still think that Pral could do with some investigating after his claim.

Len: Chae could be right, but wrong as well.... haven't made up my mind yet.

Then Tsuki and Turin: townleans on both of them for their gameplay.

Seriously - if getting voted on D1 demotivates you then you maybe need to find another game.

If you are Town - you surely want Town to win. That means you ignore all the stuff you don't like and keep trying to help Town win.

Do you understand?

I once asked to be a treestump because I always die early game and I wanted to keep on posting and helping.

Even though I was dead and gone.

It's not about you. Especially if you are really VT. That's the best role in the game but maybe you sulking cos you wanted a 'cool' role. You could have been pushing and poking and stirring and instead you went off in a strop.

Thoughts on Players:
1. Thrax: (MAFIA) too much defending of others this early. I don't see any way he could know other people are town. The "confrimed" on Csarmi is bothersome as well. Trying to plant the idea into the collective town conscious.
2. Len: The gimmicky line used after Despo used it is a red flag. maybe only pink. Need more Leno.
3. Mynd: funny gifs. Cheerleading the Thane train even though he says was started with a bad case by Ithi. 
4. Dawn: Incomplete. Please join us and play
5. Tina: Can't remember anything she has done this game
6. Turin: town by pm
7. Despo: leaning town atm
8. Hally: did the reads ever develop. It has been two nights now. I don't like when promised actions don't happen. 
9. Chae: odd defense of Thane. Not really saying he is town but making up reasons he might be town. The Leno vote is a bit odd also as she sprayed the room and then voted Len for not much. 
10. Ithi: Town
11. Thane: Claimed VT after some delay. I am still leaning mafia on him. Let's see what he does now. 
12. Tsuki: crazy as a box of ferrets. Not really sure what I think about his alignment. Conflicted would describe it best.
13. Dice: Mixed up games. TBH I didn't notice as I do think Chae has been a bit sketchy so far. Now that Thane has hard claimed as VT what do you have to say?
14. Charis/BFG: are they a hydra or is BFG the "closer"? either way not enough posting. The confused post by Charis doesn't sit well either TBH.
15. Pral: has he been silenced? is odd for him to be this quiet.
16. Salami: claimed town Miller. Everyone seems to think he wouldn't fake it as mafia. My contrary nature questions this as he would be the perfect person to make this fake claim. Do you have a vote placed yet? Who you think is mafia? Why not voting them?

currently WTL: X, Chae, Thane, Hallia, Csarmi

Need more from: Dawn, Pral, Charis/BFG, Tina, 

Vote count:

Thane (4): Des, Mynd, Tina, dice

X (3) : Turin, Tsuki, ithi

Len (1) : Che

Mynd (1) thane

Not Voting (7) : everyone else

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.A deadline is now in effect.

DL is set for Tues. June 17th at 9 PM EST. (3 days, plus another 24 hours since the majority of the phase would otherwise be over the weekend.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140617T21&p0=422

Vote count:

Thane (4): Dice, Des, Mynd, Tina

X (3) : Turin, Tsuki, Ithi

Len (1) : Chae

Mynd (1): Thane

Not Voting (7): everyone else

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch. A deadline is now in effect. DL is set for Tues. June 17th at 9 PM EST.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140617T21&p0=422]http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140617T21&p0=422

Half asleep, just woke up, this jumped out at me:

on X: i dunno.... he isn't around much lately. His posts don't really help in the general game for me. He did defend Chae though, which is good since Chae posts well. She's trying to make some sense of the role madness in here. Csarmi: no idea, other than the fact that he annoys me.... don't really get the feel he's helping town a lot. Either because he's scummy or because he's not really paying attention to the game.

What d

afuq??

When is defending another player EVER good? Gee, George, I never heard of scum ever ever defending townies for cred... *gags*

Scum - 

X, Thane - for so many reasons.

Neutral/Scum - 

Chae - Scum for defending Thane, town for going with my BS question (although latest post to reference it smells funny.)

Pral - A snarky BS post, then vanishes...

Hally - I don't like promised reads that never appear, nor inconsistent responses...

Len - drop in, throw a bottle of wine, drop out...

Neutral/Town - 

Csarmi - Miller claim COULD be a gambit, I am willing to consider the possibility. Don't like people who auto-accept this..

Dice - Not sure if that was an actual counter-claim on Thane...

Turin, Mynd, Despo - All willing to jump in, give reads, and staying active. Turin returns with his lists, Des loves his WoTs... Mynd is fairly unknown to me, but seems town. (Side note - SCUMHUNTER#1, wtf. Not sure I like this. First off, my history shows I am wrong, sometimes bad; Second, seems like overkill - could've just said "Town")

Town - 

Ithi - harsh and acerbic, this is Mafia (the game, dolts, not the team) Ithi to the letter, did the same thing in OUAT.

Tsuki - crazy as a box of TOWN ferrets...

Non-existent Reads - 

Dawn - ugh. One crappy post... should set an age-limit requirement. WHERE ARE YOU??

BFG/Charis - YOOHOO.

Tina - MARCO??

Not much from others

Actually, also saw these:

guys, is it possible for thane to have a role that would allow him to have info about the game settings ?

because he doesn't answer to your question about what was in his PM

and because of the info he looked to have here v

So, i'm here and will comment a bit:

Yes Ithi, i was at work, i have notifications but no DM access.

someone missed me joking, so here it is: Dammit Csarmi, you ruined my groove and now i can't claim Miller anymore! *shakefist*

And, i am not scum, i haven't even been provided with a PR... i'm a plain townie. So much for Role madness.... or they got afraid i might vig townies again like in my last game (whoa, another joke!) I do believe Role madness here would indicate at least one JOAT on each side, mafia definately with a GF, and one (perhaps 2) third party/parties.

I love the attention, but for scum we need to look elsewhere.... i have a crazy theory, but i'll need to investigate that before i put it out. I do think however that one of the lurkers (at least one) is scum hiding for the moment. eeny meeny miny mo... random guess Tina, but i could be wrong... it's still D1 and we need some of the lurkers to post here to get some reads.

My view on the X-files: i think X would be more worried if his train got bigger. What i see here is townies going after eachother, no real mafia in there...

Ithi is town, from what i can tell. So are the people 'defending' me, from my pov.

and now, seeing i hurt my back last weekend, i will go to bed soon

see red ... is it possible to have a kind of townie or third party with info about the roles we all have ?

Chels, I shot you last game for this kind of crappy defending. Why does it matter? If he is, his play is still anti-town. I know you are married, but you seem constitutionally unwilling to ever call Thane scum, even when it seems obvious. STOP DEFENDING PEOPLE, PERIOD. Not on day one. Day two, three, yeah, then start. Maybe you are LD, or Cop, or Tracker... But right now NO ONE deserves defending.

Scum - X, Thane, Chae - likelihood in that order.

I don't generally think about WHO I think is Mafia.

Why would WHO they are make a difference? Is what they do that counts.

Chae and Thane doing set up talk is odd. What is there to make sense of atm? There's only a Miller and Vanilla claim out there.

Maybe they thought people would chime in and discuss it and then they could figure out which people might have which PR. Like laying down a bit of bair - and also seeming to be making an active contribution to the game whilst actually doing nothing at all.

X

Thane

Hallia

All on the naughty list.

Tsuki

Mynd

On the dubious list

Des

Maybe CSarmi

On the Good list

Turin

On the Turin list.

Everyone else hasn't done enough to make an impact.

Ithi, I am always on your naughty list :P

There's a reason Turin always balefires me.

I still don't get this, Ithi

"I don't generally think about WHO I think is Mafia. "

How can you even play, without considering the other person's foibles, habits, ways of posting, etc.

Even Turin explaining the difference between META and TELLS falls apart in the face of this logic. It's like the only things you are willing to consider are in DLB (Darthe's Little Book).

Scum reads the same book. Ever think they would use it?? DLB also says one scum always lurks - so shouldn't everyone else be in the naughty list?

Like Mynd said, come play poker with me.

I'm sorry.

I truly can't remember what people do.

I used to be quite good at poker actually. You can be a good judge of tells without remembering that x y and z did this last time.

Besides - I've always played like this and I usually manage fine.

I've no real interest in remembering what people do or did. That would require me to make an effort to 'get to know' them :)

Likely 'cause I didn't feel the best last night.  I got up bright and early just for y'all. :happy:

Thane - Upon reread, I see what people were saying about Thane, with his flipflopping regarding Csarmi's claim

Pral - Null, with it being rolemadness it's likely we all have a PR, isn't it?

Chae, Don't find her overtly scummy.  Her defense of Thane wasn't a big thing to me, and also her asking about it being dangerous to claim a PR (As Csarmi later pointed out) seemed sincere.  With her being a newer player it's likely she's never played a rolemadness game.

Dawn  - She's just Dawn -.-

Archived