DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God I hate you DM I had these fully typed up and everyhting. Anyways Sorry ives been mia, I got a promotion wensday and my weekly Pathfinder game to run yesterday so ive been busy. Heres my catchup.

I'm Thaddeus Sholto, Town Miller.

We already talked about this. Seems legit, not something CS would do as he isnt Darthe.

claiming that early Csarmi?...... odd....

This is disgusting as many already commented.

*Taunts happy fun ball*

^ already breaking the rules, such a scum move LOL

honestly, i need more people in here to see who is what, but i think activity will go up

Subtle pushing? And then activity complaining? On Pg2? Of D1? Wow.

not having lied before doesn't necessarily mean he isn't now though...  one to watch

More subtle pushing, this time on CS. Eww.

Thane thinks is weird to claim Miller straight off - then is all friendly - then says hey could still be suspicious.

Uses 'scum' a lot.

Say's I'm voting him cos I always think he's mafia and that I'll always be wrong.

Firstly - it's what he's done this game that makes me believe he is Mafia.

Secondly he attempted to nullify my vote by implying it's just me doing what I always do.

Thirdly - how will I always be wrong about him being Mafia? Is he saying he's never going to be Mafia?

I think he is and I think I have spotted him early as Mafia in the past too.

Good summary of what Thane has done so far from someone elses perspective. Like it.

*waves back* :laugh:

Would Thane be someone else, i'd probably vote him.

But Thane is Thane and he has his very "special" way to play. For the moment i have to say that he sounds relaxed and chatty... which makes me think he could be town.

Ithi has made a nice case, but as I said, Thane has his way to play.

Srs? Your defending Thane for what hes done because its just "How he plays?" this is disgusting. Even after acknowledging Ithis good case she just says" But its Thane so its ok."

Scum list so far: Thane > Chae

Lenlo is jealous of my role. I can tell.

You know it BB

@ Pralaya: isn't it dangerous to claim PR so early. Doesn't that make you a target for nightkills ?

as for Thane: i am stating what i think. Seeing his usual gameplay, there's not enough material to make me want to vote against him.

Wat? This is a role madness game, its like shooting PR fish in a barrel, most everyone will have one. Also more defense of Thane. Ewww. Also some possible setup on Pral.

Related note, I don't like that Despo and Leno both used the term gimmicky to describe his claim. It isn't a term I would use there and for two people to use it like that does ping a bit. Moreso to Leno since he was the follower in this case.

Its a good word, sue me. Actually dont im broke.

BTW, soft defense of Chels noted.

I never understand why on day one people wanna defend all over the place, rather than attack.

Like you said its day one, we are one page 5. I think it's way to early to read into things

And yet you are trying to? O.o

BWAHAHAHAHA...

This is horrible. X you just finished telling people off for reading to deep into things on Pg5 of D1 and then you do it right here.

[V] X [/v]

How is csarmi confirmed miller?

Why would you claim miller? Miller is a negative role-one that could be lynched or killed very easily. Miller is a role that causes confusion, so it's lynched early to avoid it. Why would you claim a role that is so-that is why I believe him. And I've seen CS play, I don't think he's the type to pull that kind of stunt.

Theres still no way hes confirmed. He could have chosen to do a gambit this game, we have no idea, we can just speculate on whats more likely and what isnt. The only people who would know he is confirmed is scum and to me it looks like your setting up for some CS cred early and then when he gets eventually lynched/NKed some town cred for calling it.

Thane > Chae > X

X is stoically avoiding mentioning Turin's vote on him.

This to.

Also failing to address how he could be "confirmed" on page 4/5...

Actually he addressed it, just not very well.

So, i'm here and will comment a bit:

Yes Ithi, i was at work, i have notifications but no DM access.

someone missed me joking, so here it is: Dammit Csarmi, you ruined my groove and now i can't claim Miller anymore! *shakefist*

And, i am not scum, i haven't even been provided with a PR... i'm a plain townie. So much for Role madness.... or they got afraid i might vig townies again like in my last game (whoa, another joke!) I do believe Role madness here would indicate at least one JOAT on each side, mafia definately with a GF, and one (perhaps 2) third party/parties.

I love the attention, but for scum we need to look elsewhere.... i have a crazy theory, but i'll need to investigate that before i put it out. I do think however that one of the lurkers (at least one) is scum hiding for the moment. eeny meeny miny mo... random guess Tina, but i could be wrong... it's still D1 and we need some of the lurkers to post here to get some reads.

My view on the X-files: i think X would be more worried if his train got bigger. What i see here is townies going after eachother, no real mafia in there...

Ithi is town, from what i can tell. So are the people 'defending' me, from my pov.

and now, seeing i hurt my back last weekend, i will go to bed soon

None of this is any good. Your claiming VT in a Role Madness game as well, which while possible, isnt very likely.

If that had been a piece of coursework for school or college it would have got an F for plagiarism.

Paraphrasing_Plagiarism_zpsab951b9f.jpg

A good show of what X did. Also I remember this chart from school/

And to Tsuki, no I didn't change the words and grammer. I have asked things which occurred to me. I didn't intended as plagirization-I'm sorry if it was taken so

Stop apologizing. sheesh. only scum is desperate not to offend,

Not true. I feel that is just based on the personality of the person. I hate to offend people which is why I only joke/poke at people I know can take it or will find it funny. I have passed up many a golden opportunity for humour because I thought it would offend someone.

Tsuki, it was not an apology. I wished to make my part clear. I don't plagiarise-I didn't intend for it to come across like that. It can be taken, how it is.

Doesnt matter how you intend for it to come across, what matters is how it did.

so, yeah, i'm calling BS on Ithi's reasoning. Says she plays every game as every game, i keep getting the same crap from her and it's annoying me. I'm always read as scum by a lot of people, it's my playstyle and she knows it. Last game, Ithi called me scum, i was lynched D1 (with selfvote) and flipped... town. Wow, what a surprise.

Ithi: tunnelvision, BS reasoning, likely scum. If you're town, go hunt for real and not lynch another townie again. 

Hence, Des: follows Ithi easily, no investigation of his own = possible scum

And Len, waiting to hammer, Possible scum too. 

I'll go play in my other current game, it's more fun than this one.

This post is just disgusting. Speaks for itself.

@ Thane : why do you think Tina is mafia ? she had almost not posted when u wrote that. :huh:

I think Ithi's post here is interesting : it looks like she's teaming with him Turin. X should not be ok with Turin post... but Ithi is not saying anything to Turin.

@ Ithi, are you ok with some half assed parrotting ? if not, why didn't u react towards turin ?

@ Tsuki you is being mean and aggressive

tumblr_mlsf646Kc31rwq92yo1_500.gif

you are using stuff about my english, when everybody knows that i talk french in the first place.

building a case on this is sooo big, that i'll say you are town, for now

Otherwise, i think that Lenlo stays shallow ... and not really committal. [v] Len [/v]

I note that Charis promised us read and .. well nothing came yet. :tongue:

Dawn appeared and noted only the fact that Csarmi claimed early but said nothing else...

X made a nice job at defending me. so nice, that i find it a bit suspicious. Also i see a lot of info about his schedule and what he's doing, etc. Makes me think he wants to give excuses.

Yadda yadda
Yadda
Gif
Yadda (vote Len)
Yadda
Yadda
Yadda

Interesting way to edit that post Bondeest.

CS makes a perfect summary of Chaes post. Its got nothing of value in it. Thane > Chae > X so far.

Alright caught up. Doctor's visit went great btw!!! The little fetus looks like a kidney bean, so freaking amazing!

:biggrin:

Congrats Des!

guys, is it possible for thane to have a role that would allow him to have info about the game settings ?

Wat? Thane said he was VT and here you are trying to make us think he is an Oracle? WAT?! thane == Chae > X scum list.

because he doesn't answer to your question about what was in his PM

and because of the info he looked to have here v

So, i'm here and will comment a bit:

Yes Ithi, i was at work, i have notifications but no DM access.

someone missed me joking, so here it is: Dammit Csarmi, you ruined my groove and now i can't claim Miller anymore! *shakefist*

And, i am not scum, i haven't even been provided with a PR... i'm a plain townie. So much for Role madness.... or they got afraid i might vig townies again like in my last game (whoa, another joke!) I do believe Role madness here would indicate at least one JOAT on each side, mafia definately with a GF, and one (perhaps 2) third party/parties.

I love the attention, but for scum we need to look elsewhere.... i have a crazy theory, but i'll need to investigate that before i put it out. I do think however that one of the lurkers (at least one) is scum hiding for the moment. eeny meeny miny mo... random guess Tina, but i could be wrong... it's still D1 and we need some of the lurkers to post here to get some reads.

My view on the X-files: i think X would be more worried if his train got bigger. What i see here is townies going after eachother, no real mafia in there...

Ithi is town, from what i can tell. So are the people 'defending' me, from my pov.

and now, seeing i hurt my back last weekend, i will go to bed soon

see red ... is it possible to have a kind of townie or third party with info about the roles we all have ?

Except, and heres the kicker, we have no reason to believe him. That could be him shooting for town cred with some crap post. I could just as easily say they have a Framer, a GF and a VIG but you would have no reason to believe me. More defense noted.

NOOO THE SPOILER BROKE. Also sorry if this seems rushed I made it once and it broke and now im sad so I tried to type it up again fast.

No my town reads are so far :

Tsuki, Ithi, Dice, Csarmi

I'd say Thane too with the nuance that i m asking myself some questions. See up.

For Neutral i'd say X and Turin

And i'll keep my vote on Lenlo. I think that he's only commenting on the game, giving opinions but not really putting his hands in the dirt.

Mhmm... this speaks for itself as well.

Hallia, dawn, BFG, Pral.... all absent, not helping that they are not posting. Still think that Pral could do with some investigating after his claim.

Len: Chae could be right, but wrong as well.... haven't made up my mind yet.

Then Tsuki and Turin: townleans on both of them for their gameplay.

FENCE ALERT, FENCE ALERT, SOMEONE CALL TOM SAWYER WE GOT A FENCE ALERT.

2. Len: The gimmicky line used after Despo used it is a red flag. maybe only pink. Need more Leno.

Everyone always wants more Len. Ask and ye will receive.

Actually, also saw these:

guys, is it possible for thane to have a role that would allow him to have info about the game settings ?

Chels, I shot you last game for this kind of crappy defending. Why does it matter? If he is, his play is still anti-town. I know you are married, but you seem constitutionally unwilling to ever call Thane scum, even when it seems obvious. STOP DEFENDING PEOPLE, PERIOD. Not on day one. Day two, three, yeah, then start. Maybe you are LD, or Cop, or Tracker... But right now NO ONE deserves defending.

Scum - X, Thane, Chae - likelihood in that order.

Like the reads, not the order. Agree with most of what he says

i have no idea what oracle is (so if someone can explain it could be nice)

and for now beside Lenlo, i don"t have "scum" reads.

I pointed stuff that i found weird but it is not enough for me to tell that those people are scum. I gave town reads a couple of posts ago. People who are not read as being town for me are suspicious.

Can you explain to me why im a scum read? Quote me, Case me, MAKE ME FEEL LOVED.

Chae == Thane > X for scum.

Why is Len mafia?

Why did you say "scum"? Why put the word inside speech marks like that?

Because when speech marks are used like that it means you know that what you're saying isn't real.

because he plays like mafia would play in my opinion

and the "marks" ... well i used them because beside Lenlo, i don't have scum reads.

as i said i am suspicious of some people. but that doesn't make them all scummy

Explain to me how I play like mafia. Srs find some examples.

[V]Len[/v]

O.o But you were calling her out on this vote earlier. What is this?

for me an experience player would try to make stance, he will want to trick people by voting them or do stuff to get reactions. maybe he'll make full analysis ... stuff like that

here i just feel like he's hovering *shrugs*

Pfft im not experienced. Im just that weird guy that hangs around that everyone knows but no one wants to tell to go home.

I'm voting Len cause I think he's likely to be scum.

Guess that was implied?

Why though? someone needs to actually case something and its obviously not going to be Chae.

No one knows why they are voting Len. All I want is one real reason. Chae, that line about what you expect he might do because he is experienced is malarkey to me. 

I would be okay with testing that miller claim today now actually. That sheeping a no reason vote with no reasons of your own is awful.

^+1

Yes. As in lynch you. You haven't given much to your thought process. The last voting episode reeks like the Eire in 1984.

You are voting Len because you thought he was iffy but don't know why. And you sheeped a vote by someone else that doesn't really have a reason either. It really makes no sense to me.

Vote count:

Thane (4): Des, Mynd, Tina, dice

X (3) : Turin, Tsuki, ithi

Len (2) : Chae, Csarmi

Mynd (1) Thane

Chae (1): Len

Not Voting (5) : everyone else

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.A deadline is now in effect.

DL is set for Tues. June 17th at 9 PM EST. (3 days, plus another 24 hours since the majority of the phase would otherwise be over the weekend.)

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140617T21&p0=422

Len: what is your view on Pral? Same Q for you Turin.

Pral is null for me, dudes made 3 posts.

Same. He is in my need to hear more from pile.

My opinion was that the PR claim was a joke based on this being a Role Madness game. the other two seemed to be continuation of that. Sample size is too small. If gun to head slight town lean. Joke seemed natural and other posts flowed along. My only hang up about it is that he was talking with Csarmi and Chae and I am now suspicious of both of them.

Oh and [v]Chae[/v] Could do Thane or X today as well.

Vote count:

Mynd (1) Thane

DL is set for Tues. June 17th at 9 PM EST. (3 days, plus another 24 hours since the majority of the phase would otherwise be over the weekend.)

@Len - since you could go X or Thane, why didn't you go with either of those two instead?  A vote on X would place him tied with Thane, and we could use competing trains to gain info.  A vote on Thane would make him the lead.  Just curious.

Len: what is your view on Pral? Same Q for you Turin.

Pral is null for me, dudes made 3 posts.

Same. He is in my need to hear more from pile.

My opinion was that the PR claim was a joke based on this being a Role Madness game. the other two seemed to be continuation of that. Sample size is too small. If gun to head slight town lean. Joke seemed natural and other posts flowed along. My only hang up about it is that he was talking with Csarmi and Chae and I am now suspicious of both of them.

Turin, I reread twice now and I don't see why you are suspicious of Csarmi now.  It's cool to be suspicious of everyone, but you sound like you are more suspicious of Csarmi and Chae than anyone else.  Chae I get, but why Csarmi?  Do you doubt his miller claim? 

Oh and [v]Chae[/v] Could do Thane or X today as well.

Vote count:

Mynd (1) Thane

@Len - since you could go X or Thane, why didn't you go with either of those two instead?  A vote on X would place him tied with Thane, and we could use competing trains to gain info.  A vote on Thane would make him the lead.  Just curious.

Cause the deadline is in 3 days, which is plenty of time for me to work at turning it towards Chae or atleast making her a competing train with them. If the deadline was in say... afew hours then yeah id vote Thane or X to help that along but we have plenty of time for me to push my #1 suspect.

i'm trying to keep my games straight.... sorta....

it's D1, i am plain town, vanilla if you might like the wording better, and i have not been provided with a special role. There's your answer dice. 

unvote to get an answer from an experienced mod person. i get the answer im expecting and that vote is going right back on

Wary of Turin pushing that there could be exactly one VT. Sounds like a good way to mislynch all but one of the vanillas.

I think I said it first - so strange that you would suspect Turin and not me. It is quite a standard thing btw.

Role Madness will have 1 true vanilla Town.

If there's someone else with it then one of them is lying.

This underpins my thinking atm. see question at end

@ Tsuki ; i defend people when i think that they deserve it.

In this case, i do think Thane is not mafia... i hope i can read him well. If i am wrong, then i will refuse to cook him steaks next time he demands it. Period.

now : can someone answer my question ? :happy:

is it possible for someone as town or third party to have ideas about other people roles ?

OI!! i answered your question!

ok my question for a mod type person to please answer.

My understanding of Role Madness games is that there is one VT. but that VT actually has a specific name. hence my asking for exact wording.  Am i correct in my thinking? 

That person would also have a name.  Like Rand could be VT, but he would also have a name.  His name would be Rand. His PM would likely say his alignment is town, his role is vanilla, his character name is Rand. 

tumblr_mjfb21A3x11rmtenjo1_500.gif

Or do you mean that his role wouldn't be "vanilla town" but "bloody stale bread townie" instead?

Archived