A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Dice, Innocent Child=/= Vanilla Town. 

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Townie

MafiaScum appears to be up currently. Above is what it says about "plain" townies.

I don't see Thane as a IC as that is a mod confirmed role. He hasn't been confirmed yet and I think he would have asked to be in order to keep the town from wasting time and a possible lynch on him.

Or are you claiming IC?

Hi BFG. Do you need to read up or are you current? 

Have skimmed most of the thread, but have paid most attention to the Thane debate.

Will reread in detail tomorrow.

At the moment I'm leaning town on Tina, Csarmi and Chae.

Pretty certain Thane is mafia. Also wary of Tsuki, but that was mostly based on his early questioning of Chae, partly because I didn't follow the distinction he was trying to make and partly because of the timing of the questions. His most recent posts have looked better.

@Mynd, I do not fully believe the Miller Claim. I have previously explained that I believe Csarmi is actually the perfect one to make such a claim as it would abuse his meta to an awesome degree. He claimed on his first or second post. Basically everyone came out and said "I don't think Csarmi would pull a move like that." The cop isn't going to view him as it would serve no purpose. So unless there is a LD in this game then we are stuck with just accepting his claim. If he was an obvious townie to date then maybe it could fly but his play has not been remarkably townie to me either. Especially the last vote onto Len. It is a blatant sheep vote of a vote that was self admitted as not having any real reason from Chae.

Let me ask you this, if he hadn't claimed Miller what would your opinion of his play be?

no  im not claiming VT.  my thinking has been that yes there is always one non powered role in a madness game. i thought that role was innocent child.

No. there is one VT in a Role Madness game. there are several roles available that might not have any actions associated with them. Passive roles  but roles none the less. 

Therefore, since the Dice cc is not happening it is actually a small point toward Thane being town. I would expect the actual VT to step up and cc as it would be well worth trading a VT for a mafia.

something on VT and role madness from the wiki. 

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Role_madness

no  im not claiming VT.  my thinking has been that yes there is always one non powered role in a madness game. i thought that role was innocent child.

Cool. Hard claim VT Sir Henry Baskerville.

Wat?

Wat?

I've been worried that Dice was hard claiming VT as well, as it would suggest hidden roles, and not being able to trust your role PM would suck.

BFG you realise that by doing that if we lynch thane and he flips town you are probably next right??

If he flips Vanilla then probably yes. But I don't believe he will.

BFG you realise that by doing that if we lynch thane and he flips town you are probably next right??

WOAH WOAH WOAH! This is not true at all so dont even try to setup an easy lynch for tomorrow! Thane claiming VT and BFGs claim are related very very loosely, I dont think one should overly effect/decide the other. It might cause us to look at BFG harder, but that doesnt mean she is an insta lynch.

This might be the scummiest single post I have see all game.

Vote count:

Thane (4): Des, Mynd, Tina, BFG

X (3) : Turin, Tsuki, Ithi

Len (2) : Chae, Csarmi

Mynd (1) Thane

Chae (1): Len

Not Voting (5) : everyone else

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.A deadline is now in effect.

DL is set for Tues. June 17th at 9 PM EST. (3 days, plus another 24 hours since the majority of the phase would otherwise be over the weekend.)http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20140617T21&p0=422

@Mynd, I do not fully believe the Miller Claim. I have previously explained that I believe Csarmi is actually the perfect one to make such a claim as it would abuse his meta to an awesome degree. He claimed on his first or second post. Basically everyone came out and said "I don't think Csarmi would pull a move like that." The cop isn't going to view him as it would serve no purpose. So unless there is a LD in this game then we are stuck with just accepting his claim. If he was an obvious townie to date then maybe it could fly but his play has not been remarkably townie to me either. Especially the last vote onto Len. It is a blatant sheep vote of a vote that was self admitted as not having any real reason from Chae.

Let me ask you this, if he hadn't claimed Miller what would your opinion of his play be?

The thing about mafia is that we can never be 100% sure who is town and who is scum.  All we can really do is try and sort people by "more likely" and "less likely" scum based on posts, events, and good ol' fashioned logic. 

Csarmi could be a big fat LLL with pants on fire, but based on game experience and (gasp!) csarmi's playstyle, a lot of folks have placed him in the less likely scum list, myself included.  The thing about a miller role is it can be one of the toughest to play.  Sure, this could all be one big elaborate gambit, but it is unlikely. 

The fact that he made the miller claim is a very important part of why many of us have placed Csarmi in the less likely sort. Take that away, I would be just as suspicious of him as most other folks in the game. 

What we need to do on D1 is lynch the candidate that will get us the most info.  Lynching a claimed miller kinda defeats the purpose of his claim if he is pro-town.  Lynching Csarmi simply because he might mabye sorta could possibly be a LLL is not a good D1 decision.  If this were D3 and his hands had been bloody on a few townie lynches, then I would find his claim more suspect. 

Wait, WHAAAAAT?!  How is this so?  Please explain.  Do you already know how Thane will flip in this case?

...but then BFG agrees?  Can one of you explain why BFG will be the target if Thane flips town?  Why are you all acting like Thane is going to flip town?

tumblr_lrje3p8lCG1qzk9ok.gif

uhh... STUFF just got real... yeah, stuff.

Edited at mod request...

I see what shyte you did there! :rolleyes:

Ralphie.jpg

Vote count:

Thane (2): Ithi, Des

X (1) : Turin

Not Voting (13): everyone else

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch. No DL yet.

I've included this to show the VC before his first claim.

Ithi is voting Thane, but looking at other people as well, namely X at the moment.

I dunno.

Tsuki has a big go at X.

Turin comes in with some half assed parrotting.

Votes X

And X is cool with that?

So, i'm here and will comment a bit:

Yes Ithi, i was at work, i have notifications but no DM access.

someone missed me joking, so here it is: Dammit Csarmi, you ruined my groove and now i can't claim Miller anymore! *shakefist*

And, i am not scum, i haven't even been provided with a PR... i'm a plain townie. So much for Role madness.... or they got afraid i might vig townies again like in my last game (whoa, another joke!) I do believe Role madness here would indicate at least one JOAT on each side, mafia definately with a GF, and one (perhaps 2) third party/parties.

I love the attention, but for scum we need to look elsewhere.... i have a crazy theory, but i'll need to investigate that before i put it out. I do think however that one of the lurkers (at least one) is scum hiding for the moment. eeny meeny miny mo... random guess Tina, but i could be wrong... it's still D1 and we need some of the lurkers to post here to get some reads.

My view on the X-files: i think X would be more worried if his train got bigger. What i see here is townies going after eachother, no real mafia in there...

Ithi is town, from what i can tell. So are the people 'defending' me, from my pov.

and now, seeing i hurt my back last weekend, i will go to bed soon

First bold, think this is after Ithi said that a town miller claiming prevents a mafia claiming miller afterwards. Second bold. At this stage Ithi is probably town according to Thane. Obviously I don't believe his claim here.

So, i'm here and will comment a bit:

Yes Ithi, i was at work, i have notifications but no DM access.

someone missed me joking, so here it is: Dammit Csarmi, you ruined my groove and now i can't claim Miller anymore! *shakefist*

And, i am not scum, i haven't even been provided with a PR... i'm a plain townie. So much for Role madness.... or they got afraid i might vig townies again like in my last game (whoa, another joke!) I do believe Role madness here would indicate at least one JOAT on each side, mafia definately with a GF, and one (perhaps 2) third party/parties.

I love the attention, but for scum we need to look elsewhere.... i have a crazy theory, but i'll need to investigate that before i put it out. I do think however that one of the lurkers (at least one) is scum hiding for the moment. eeny meeny miny mo... random guess Tina, but i could be wrong... it's still D1 and we need some of the lurkers to post here to get some reads.

My view on the X-files: i think X would be more worried if his train got bigger. What i see here is townies going after eachother, no real mafia in there...

Ithi is town, from what i can tell. So are the people 'defending' me, from my pov.

and now, seeing i hurt my back last weekend, i will go to bed soon

Thane is still Mafia

makes a joke about not being able to claim Miller ... and then says he's 'plain Town'. One would think if he had a role pm it would have said 'vanilla Town'

Then he tries to instigate 'set up talk' to deflect and confuse the Thread.

Then he says everyone who is conversing in the Thread so far seems Town

Then he says a Lurker must be Mafia - hey let's pick Tina as she was the last to post.

That's a nice non commital post about nothing really.

Hence ----> Mafia

Ithi posts to say Thane is still mafia. Then goes on looking at others (I've not quoted all her posts here, just one as an example)

You misunderstand.

When one is Mafia, one tends to parrot the thoughts and ideas of another to make oneself seem more Townish.

Especially if that someone is currently voting someone other than you and might have a bit of influence on who get lynched today.

savvy?

so, yeah, i'm calling BS on Ithi's reasoning. Says she plays every game as every game, i keep getting the same crap from her and it's annoying me. I'm always read as scum by a lot of people, it's my playstyle and she knows it. Last game, Ithi called me scum, i was lynched D1 (with selfvote) and flipped... town. Wow, what a surprise.

Ithi: tunnelvision, BS reasoning, likely scum. If you're town, go hunt for real and not lynch another townie again. 

Hence, Des: follows Ithi easily, no investigation of his own = possible scum

And Len, waiting to hammer, Possible scum too. 

I'll go play in my other current game, it's more fun than this one.

Technically you were lynched Day 2 last game...

What tunnelvision is Ithi showing here, tunnelling is generally considered focusing on one person, Ithi has been looking at at least 2 people in detail and remarked on several others. Hence, not tunnelling.

Where does Len say he's waiting to hammer, I think I remember him saying he FoSd you over voting, that's not the same as waiting to hammer.

What did Ithi do to make your opinion change so completely between these two posts?

And ugh at the ATE (esp after the HHGG game)

still think one of the lurkers is possible scum too.... but if you're not mentioned in above post, you're either null or town to me.

I'm pretty sure that maybe one of the people in the second half of the alphabet could be scum.

Probably.

Quoted for lolz

EBWOP and look at his opinion on X - thinks X should be more worried if his train grew bigger (good point, his train's at 1), yet Thane seems pretty anxious about the votes on him and he has 2. Not sure I like this apparent contradiction.

...but then BFG agrees?  Can one of you explain why BFG will be the target if Thane flips town?  Why are you all acting like Thane is going to flip town?

I don't think Thane will flip Town.

Specifically I said I would probably be lynched if he flipped vanilla. Role madness generally only has 1 VT, so 2 people claiming, 1 is probably lying (can see Twilight game as example).

Archived