DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Sherlock Holmes Role Madness Mafia Town wins

Basel Gill

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think that it's weird that you've been constantly after X @ Tsuki, and you still are, and yet you don't want to vote him.

Are you distancing yourself from him so that if he is Lynched and found to be Mafia you can say - hey! I was the first to say he was Mafia?

Nope. I don't wanna vote because the game has gone on less than 24 hours.

I'm only at him cause he's on... if you want to dance the May Pole too, we can.

You come in, drilling at Thane when you have concrete experience that what you are pointing out just happens to be his town style. Why is that?

And to Tsuki, no I didn't change the words and grammer. I have asked things which occurred to me. I didn't intended as plagirization-I'm sorry if it was taken so

Stop apologizing. sheesh. only scum is desperate not to offend,

You misunderstand.

When one is Mafia, one tends to parrot the thoughts and ideas of another to make oneself seem more Townish.

Especially if that someone is currently voting someone other than you and might have a bit of influence on who get lynched today.

savvy?

Nope. I don't wanna vote because the game has gone on less than 24 hours.

I'm only at him cause he's on... if you want to dance the May Pole too, we can.

You come in, drilling at Thane when you have concrete experience that what you are pointing out just happens to be his town style. Why is that?

See Tsuki say now that he's only having a go at X because he's here and posting, when previously he's been pretty certain that he's Mafia. There was many a quibble over phrasings and tenses.

Mention that someone might be distancing from a team mate and the whole world goes crazy - and then apparently tries to pick a fight with me lol.

lol is right. you do that a lot.

Plain as day - I think X is scummy.

Plain as day - I am only able to think X is scummy, becuase X is on, and tried some ridiculous crap.

Plain as day - You like to take pot-shots, and say that you consider each game on it's own merits, yet you prove the fallacy of that by making statements based on your experiences in those other games... Tell me, why is it safe for you to assume you know how scum will act, based on past experiences, but NOT safe for you to assume how a given player will act, based on past experiences???

I don't think I've ever said that I know how someone behaves because of past games.

Town or Mafia.

I don't do meta.

I think I did say that Thane shouldn't say I'd never be right if I said he was Mafia - and that I had found him as mafia early on in a game, but that was because of what he did in that game.

I can't hold Meta. I play in the moment. I can just about manage to hold a game till the end and then it's gone.

And I've been told to go to bed. I always do as I'm told.

Night night :)

By sooth and spit in a pint of ale, I be here!!!  Ain't NOBODY gonna talk 'bout Gentleman Holmes wittttout dealin' wit me farst! *burp*

Still catching up, but I'm already at 7 Multi-Quotes, so.....

I'm Thaddeus Sholto, Town Miller.

It really sucks to get dealt a miller role.  csarmi's play here places him in the "likely truthful" column simply because this is one of the only real ways to play.  If you are miller, the best pro-town move is to get it out there in the open.  He risks nothing by doing so IF he is telling the truth.  It's already out there and now our cop won't waste his/her time targeting him. 

Sure, there is a slim chance that this is one huge scum gambit, but for csarmi to have sat back prior to the game start, researched all the possible characters who would fit in the role of a miller, then tossed the dice that someone else wasn't also roled the same way just so that MAYBE we would believe him and not lynch him to be sure is HIGHLY unlikely.  

csarmi is likely telling the truth and made a very pro-town move. 

You're missing the point I think. Miller is a negative utility role. Usually better off dead.

So you for anything for now Thane?

^ First sentence here sums it up.  Better come clean immediately when you are a Miller.  I HATE that role!!!  I look scummy just fine WITHOUT it!

i'm surprised it took so long before someone voted me....

Thane had me on his side until THIS!  Posts like the one above are usually a guilty conscience trying to downplay how nervous they really are.  They serve no other purpose than to say "I'm not really bothered by this vote because you are just seeing my everyday town game play scummy which is typical. *whistles*"

Thane thinks is weird to claim Miller straight off - then is all friendly - then says hey could still be suspicious.

Uses 'scum' a lot.

Say's I'm voting him cos I always think he's mafia and that I'll always be wrong.

Firstly - it's what he's done this game that makes me believe he is Mafia.

Secondly he attempted to nullify my vote by implying it's just me doing what I always do.

Thirdly - how will I always be wrong about him being Mafia? Is he saying he's never going to be Mafia?

I think he is and I think I have spotted him early as Mafia in the past too.

What.gif

*waves back* :laugh:

Would Thane be someone else, i'd probably vote him.

But Thane is Thane and he has his very "special" way to play. For the moment i have to say that he sounds relaxed and chatty... which makes me think he could be town.

Ithi has made a nice case, but as I said, Thane has his way to play.

Need a pillow for that soft defense?  I'm glad you think Ithi made a nice case.  Did she put glitter and stars on it for you too?  Are you gonna hang her nice case up on your fridge so the whole family can see?  Thane being skeptical about csarmi's claim is not scummy, but this pillow defense of him makes me question BOTH of you.

Alright, I am softclaiming. I am PR

Really? Me too!!!  We're TWINZIES!!!!

BTW, soft defense of Chels noted.

I never understand why on day one people wanna defend all over the place, rather than attack.

I think like this kid!

And now-I'm going to watch the Opening ceremony. Later

OLE!!!! OLE OLE OLE!!!!!!!!

So, i'm here and will comment a bit:

Yes Ithi, i was at work, i have notifications but no DM access.

someone missed me joking, so here it is: Dammit Csarmi, you ruined my groove and now i can't claim Miller anymore! *shakefist*

And, i am not scum, i haven't even been provided with a PR... i'm a plain townie. So much for Role madness.... or they got afraid i might vig townies again like in my last game (whoa, another joke!) I do believe Role madness here would indicate at least one JOAT on each side, mafia definately with a GF, and one (perhaps 2) third party/parties.

I love the attention, but for scum we need to look elsewhere.... i have a crazy theory, but i'll need to investigate that before i put it out. I do think however that one of the lurkers (at least one) is scum hiding for the moment. eeny meeny miny mo... random guess Tina, but i could be wrong... it's still D1 and we need some of the lurkers to post here to get some reads.

My view on the X-files: i think X would be more worried if his train got bigger. What i see here is townies going after eachother, no real mafia in there...

Ithi is town, from what i can tell. So are the people 'defending' me, from my pov.

and now, seeing i hurt my back last weekend, i will go to bed soon

Thane....dude....this kills me to say it but this reeks of desperation from a scum trying to downplay the heat of TWO FRIGGEN VOTES.  The fact that you automatically assume that Ithi is town further suggests a guilty conscience.  Hey, let's look at the inactives?  If you went head to head with Ithi and called her on her weak case, that would have been one thing but you seem resigned to believe her.....and I'm starting to as well.

Does anyone else think that what X just said seems awfully familiar?

:unsure:

It's like Deja Vu or sommat.

tumblr_lnczadTeKC1qlv2xjo1_500.gif

I don't think I've ever said that I know how someone behaves because of past games.

Town or Mafia.

I don't do meta.

I think I did say that Thane shouldn't say I'd never be right if I said he was Mafia - and that I had found him as mafia early on in a game, but that was because of what he did in that game.

I can't hold Meta. I play in the moment. I can just about manage to hold a game till the end and then it's gone.

Ithi, we should play poker some time.  Bring all of your money.  After all, it's just about the cards.  Be sure not to meta the players when you do. 

Thane  what exactly does your PM say you are?

Dice! Stop reading my MYND and posting my thoughts before I get to!!!!!!

Inquiring MYNDS do want to know though....who is Thane's Role?  I find it highly UNlikely that Thane is vanilla in a game called ROLE-MADNESS.  Sure, it is possible, but so is it possible that lobsters will crawl out of my anus and dance the Nae Nae down Main Street. 

Thane has basically resigned to Ithi's weak case, suggested we go after inactives, and reduced his town value to "VANILLA" which gives us little risk. 

A lynch on Thane would A) confirm he was vanilla, and say a lot about his accusers and defenders   B) bag us a scummy on D1.

My only other thought here is that maybe Thane is masking a more valuable TOWN role, but in a game called ROLE MADNESS, he would be one of many roled townies so his value would still be next to nil as far as risk.

It makes sense.....   [v] Thane [/v]

Convince me otherwise, bro, and I'll remove my vote.

lol is right. you do that a lot.

Plain as day - I think X is scummy.

Plain as day - I am only able to think X is scummy, becuase X is on, and tried some ridiculous crap.

Plain as day - You like to take pot-shots, and say that you consider each game on it's own merits, yet you prove the fallacy of that by making statements based on your experiences in those other games... Tell me, why is it safe for you to assume you know how scum will act, based on past experiences, but NOT safe for you to assume how a given player will act, based on past experiences???

For the bolded I think you are confusing META with TELLS.

Meta is something created by the player and as such is subject to be abused by said player. Particularly something that would be town meta. Despo can expound on this I think because he uses and abuses his meta for doing scummy things when town to reduce suspicion when he is mafia. 

I have some suspicion on Csarmi and his claim because he would be the perfect player to make this claim. He does have a history of claiming early and he is following his meta down to posting it in purple and bold. It would be a perfect claim. 

Tells are things that most players will do (some more than others) as mafia. Most of them are either subconscious or the horns of a dilemma where they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.  

One of those things is defend both mafia teammates to protect them and townies for town cred. This is something that X has been doing. He defended Csarmi even going to the point of saying Csarmi was basically confirmed as Miller. (he later backtracked from that to say it was just his opinion that Csarmi was  Miller) He also defended Chae and to a lesser extent Thane with the entire "it is too early to cast hard suspicion" line.  

Archived