A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of Divinity - Advanced Mafia - Day 7 - Reckoning

ReleaseTheEvil

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ Darthe, Ley, AJ 

*meme about setup talk*

I didn't really see too much in the way of setup talk, so I feel like it was kind of a strange thing to post.

Oh don't do that.  You'll get me NK'd.

*continues* Darthe is town, it is known.  (Maybe I WILL get you NK'd *cackle* )

I'd prefer not to guess and figure out what happens night one. It's a mistake to theorize before one has facts. Otherwise we fit facts to suit theories to suit facts. Data, data, data, I cannot make bricks without clay.

Yus, I think someone asked what your reads are.  Other than a gut feeling, why d'you think I'm mafioso?

I'm game to go for an AJ chase

Chuga

Chuga

Chuga

unvote vote AJ

Choo Choo!

I feel the vote on Aj was scummy, because he was one of the few people pushing for actual game talk instead of spam, so wanting to go for him pings with me.

don't tell me that lurking has a special meaning in maffia games  -_-

The person a couple of posts above this used lurking in a sentence, and you'd used it was well, so I'm leery.  You're new though, so you may pass! For today...BUM BUMBUMMMM

I don't want to leave GF at L-1 overnight, so I'm going to head to sleep and check on this in the morning before work.

He assumes there are no NKs and he assumes there are 3 factions racing to gain members. I dunno why he would do that.

In my mind it's a numbers game. The flavor (OP, game title, etc) indicates that there are 3 warring Gods. To me this signifies 3 separate recruiters. In the OP the Fire God dude converts someone to his cause and tells him to go do his bidding or whatever.

Yes, I admit that I am assuming a lot but I will lay out my thought process so you can understand or at least have some insight. Take it as you want. If you feel like I know more about this set-up then place your vote and let's get this lynch over with. Town is probably screwed as it is this game unless the general play seriously improves. But when I do flip town, hopefully you guys will pay more heed to my thoughts.

I think we have 3 recruiters. I believe that each Night the recruiters have an attempt to convert another player to their side. There is probably a percentage of success/fail that might be variable depending on how they(mods) set the game up. I asked a question earlier about whether the recruitment depended on whether or not the God attempting to recruit was your character's specific deity. I got a PAFO, but thinking on it more I don't see how that would fit and it would make it more or less a game of chance/luck for the recruiters. With the thought that there are 3 separate factions that are looking to recruit, this leads me to believe that there won't be a NK function in this game, or at least not from the recruiters. There could be a Vig or something out there like I mentioned earlier. I don't see how you could balance the game if there are 3 separate anti-town forces and all 3 possess a NK/the ability to recruit. Town would be wiped out in no time. I think what it is going to come down to is a war of 3 different cults near the end in an attempt to lynch other opposing cult members. A race to majority, like I said. Now seeing it this way I think the game is going to be very hard for town to win. Doubly so with the amount of people not posting. It would almost be preferable to get recruited and then try to win with that God :tongue: Later in the game team tells are going to be very important and I think once each faction has a few members it will become quickly apparent who is on whose side.

For example, let's say I am lynched today: The game goes into N1 with 12 players.

9 Town, 3 Gods.

All 3 Gods are successful recruiting.

D2 starts with 6 Town, 2 for God L, 2 for God W, 2 for God F.

Another player gets lynched, take your pick from whichever team. Let's say God F's recruit gets strung up. N2 starts with 6 Town, 2L(ightning for Zeus), 2W(ater for the Indian god, and 1F(ire for the Ra dude).

All 3 Gods are successful again, D3 starts with 3 Town, 3 God L, 3 God W, 2 God F with a total of 11 players.

Are you seeing it now? I think lynches are the only killing mechanic in this game or else the player pool will be reduced too quickly, beyond that it's a race to gain majority of the total number of players. It's actually a pretty awesome concept but I think nearly impossible for town to win, especially if we don't lynch a God or two right off the bat. And this doesn't even account for the chance that they might have already recruited a few players which are in essence no longer town.

But anyway, that's my take on the mechanics. I'm sort of a geek when it comes to trying to crack set-ups. Call me mafia if you want but I genuinely feel like I have tried to invest myself in solving this game and am generally saddened by the lack of other players participation.

This makes sense to me.

@AJ I used to love doing that too.  Personally, I think a three way cult battle is set to become a random ****show really quickly.  Besides that, how do we know how it is all balanced out?  I can't imagine that they can all go Ham all the time.  If so, the game would basically be down to the factions within a few days.

I was thinking, maybe that's actually the point of this game. Everyone gets recruited, and then it's about which faction beats the others.

Your vote is best served on me at this point Chae.

The rules state if no majority is reached than a random ModKill happens and no coroner on the player will be given.

but for the moment, i think u are one of the most constructive player. i liked the way u gave ur reading on the 12th or 13th page ...

Sometimes it's not anymore about the scummiest target, but the target that gives most information. I don't believe that lynching AJ would be good if there would be any other viable lynch, though.

--

Considering I was a bit surprised by the fast deadline, I do not have time before it to reread, which means I don't really have good read atm, but I'll be here around 3.30 PM GMT (even though I should be making homework) and then I'll put my vote.

Idk with the presence of a Doc that should indicate someone has a killing ability.

unvote; vote AJ

If there are enough of you online you need to consolidate and quickly. I'm the next biggest wagon and a VT. We can't afford a random with no coroner.

I don't find Darthe or Rags particularly scummy but they will be hard to read on just rhetoric. Vote patterns will be more effective in the long run. I think Turin is probtowb. He has focused on me a lot but if asking questions of others as they post more as well. Dap I could go either way on. Keep in mind what I said about Dice and his scum meta.

I should be at 4 now. 3 more and lynched achieved.

GL town.

im here for another 2 hrs but i probably wont be for deadline. its 3 40am my time. Im quite happy where my vote is

im here for another 2 hrs but i probably wont be for deadline. its 3 40am my time. Im quite happy where my vote is

Everyone go back and look at Dice's reason to vote me after I flip town and try to figure out for yourself what he is quite happy about.

Archived