DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Clash of Divinity - Advanced Mafia - Day 7 - Reckoning

ReleaseTheEvil

Couple things:

1- Ley-- RVS is random voting stage. I'm surprised that one is new to you. Your comment @80 is anti-town and is generally a poor way to play. Interact and try and see how people react to your posts. You get information everywhere. Advocating remaining silent doesn't help anyone get more info. Info is the purpose of the game.

2-  AJ trying to get the conversation going in this game-  D1 setup speculation is a little weird when your question is whether or not there are NKs. I mean, we'll know if there are NKs or not depending on whether or not people die night 1. I don't understand how speculating would help anyone "prepare" for the game moving forward. That said, I don't understand why engaging in setup talk in an attempt to get people to talk at ALL is scummy. I'm going to re-read the whole convo, but I suspect this is a forced train.

3- I don't like Turin's instructing Chaelca on how to use her vote, but I haven't developed a decent enough meta on him to recognize if helpful Turin is helpful or scummy. I could use opinions on this.

4- Don't let people pressure you into anything in this game Chaelca. Stick to your guns and make decisions based on your reads.

thanks for ur number 4, and i start to understand about having to develop my way of thoughts.

So the instructions about my vote shouldn't be that suspicious then ? But Turin was not the only one ...

It's really is a null tell Chaelca. Turin could be trying to be helpful, but his phrasing also applied a little pressure, so that's the one who stuck out to me. In general just focus on your game and respond to questions people ask or point out things you find interesting. People will try and "nudge" others in different directions for many reasons, it's best to not give those nudges a lot of attention and point them out when you see them. 

Turin,

1- soft defend

2- You're stating here that setup talk is scummy on its face. I disagree

3- That's precisely why I asked for more info on you and didn't fox you for it. You're correct, you said something similar, but in a decidedly more challenging way. Don't act like you can't tell the difference. The fact you felt a need to misrep my advice pings though, so thanks for that little nugget!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couple things:

1- Ley-- RVS is random voting stage. I'm surprised that one is new to you. Your comment @80 is anti-town and is generally a poor way to play. Interact and try and see how people react to your posts. You get information everywhere. Advocating remaining silent doesn't help anyone get more info. Info is the purpose of the game.

2-  AJ trying to get the conversation going in this game-  D1 setup speculation is a little weird when your question is whether or not there are NKs. I mean, we'll know if there are NKs or not depending on whether or not people die night 1. I don't understand how speculating would help anyone "prepare" for the game moving forward. That said, I don't understand why engaging in setup talk in an attempt to get people to talk at ALL is scummy. I'm going to re-read the whole convo, but I suspect this is a forced train.

3- I don't like Turin's instructing Chaelca on how to use her vote, but I haven't developed a decent enough meta on him to recognize if helpful Turin is helpful or scummy. I could use opinions on this.

4- Don't let people pressure you into anything in this game Chaelca. Stick to your guns and make decisions based on your reads.

I like this catch-up post. I wasn't necessarily trying to 'prepare' anyone for the game, just to gauge what some people thought about the set-up with the individual information we've all been provided or could gather based on the theme/scenes.

Turin is one of the those wiley players that is going to generally do the same thing as either alignment. I still believe he would offer advice to newer players even if he were scum. Some of the things I've seen him do as scum is make elaborate scenarios in order to incriminate someone. I've also seen him bus hard and use the knowledge of his partner's alignment to link as many people to them as he can as his partner goes down.

So, it was "for reactions"? lol

Also, explain the bolded. 

As for me. I probably have done those things, but do you have examples of the bussing parts? I know about the one game and the Vig thing. I am wondering where that came from. We haven't played very many games together.  

Golden, how did I misrep you? I found it odd that you were chastising me for giving advice and then you turned around and gave advice. And what looked like the same advice just delivered differently. 

I don't really see what your getting at as saying my wording was delivered in a challenging way. I spoke directly as I was offering advice. It is my experience that clear direct statements stick with people better. Maybe it is a military thing. "thou shalt not sheep" should be on the ten commandments of mafia if their were to be such a thing. 

with regards to Ley: fair enough, Not sure how many of you have played with him, but just look at his siggy if you need further understanding.

Couple things:

I like this catch-up post. I wasn't necessarily trying to 'prepare' anyone for the game, just to gauge what some people thought about the set-up with the individual information we've all been provided or could gather based on the theme/scenes.

Turin is one of the those wiley players that is going to generally do the same thing as either alignment. I still believe he would offer advice to newer players even if he were scum. Some of the things I've seen him do as scum is make elaborate scenarios in order to incriminate someone. I've also seen him bus hard and use the knowledge of his partner's alignment to link as many people to them as he can as his partner goes down.

So, it was "for reactions"? lol

Also, explain the bolded. 

As for me. I probably have done those things, but do you have examples of the bussing parts? I know about the one game and the Vig thing. I am wondering where that came from. We haven't played very many games together.  

Lol no. I didn't say it was for reactions. I just wanted some input on it to know where people's heads were at. We were told this would be a recruitment game and then presented with 3 different gods that seem to be warring against each other while also able to create their own followers. Sounds like a race to majority to me. This thought process led me further (although without anything solid to verify this, yet anyway) that there wouldn't be NKs in this game because it would reduce the possible recruitment pool too quickly. Further more, by having people comment on it, there was a chance that someone would tip something off that could indicate that they are more aware of the set-up than others. Like my NK theory, for instance.

Information as in our role PM, the OP (which has a disclaimer, admittedly) and our own personal interpretation/what we've been told by the Mods regarding the game.

No, we haven't. Probably 3-4 tops. The bussing thing comes from the Underworld game where you were scum with Dice, BG and Cloud. Cloud was getting ran up D1 and about to get lynched after the claim debacle with Ithi. Dap and Peace expressed hesitance for lynching Cloud over the claim and you jumped all over it. This was used later on to secure your lynch. You were a GF that game.

My memory is amazing :cool:

Couple things:

Don't twist my words. All I said, was that I wasn't going to post if (and only IF) there was nothing to reply to for me, I didn't say I wasn't going to post:

Well, if there's nothing to comment on, I won't post...

@Chae: It's the same for everyone around here. The current votes are all joke votes.

Turin - Null, leaning scum.

Eh?

Were you asking me something specific here?

Yes. How can a read be null and leaning scum at the same time?

PS Somewhere I feel like there's a post that I just read that I forgot to put in the multi-quote, but looking back I can't find it. If you feel like I forgot to reply to something, quote it and I'll reply to it.

Missed the earlier post making the picard meme. 

NO. talking about setup in my opinion is not better than taking about nothing for the reasons I mentioned above. There has not been much game yet. probably because it is early in day and the weekend has come upon us. I would prefer that the game progress in along at its own pace. 

The distraction has been that it kind of prevented any other discussion. Darthe, Ley and you all made some statements about setup and that has created a lull in the conversation. sort of sucked the air out of the room if you will. 

My top suspect right now is you AJ. for both the setup talk and also the hopping on a train for the person being a "lurker". Rags has a bit of a valid point on GF about the strange post re: voting, but you didn't really acknowledge that part of the argument. ( also, for the record in one of those games that GF lurk-hammered, he was very important town)

Knowing now that GF has this meta, I'll stay here for a bit just because his second post was really weird.  And that playstyle hurts more than helps.

Missed the earlier post making the picard meme. 

NO. talking about setup in my opinion is not better than taking about nothing for the reasons I mentioned above. There has not been much game yet. probably because it is early in day and the weekend has come upon us. I would prefer that the game progress in along at its own pace. 

The distraction has been that it kind of prevented any other discussion. Darthe, Ley and you all made some statements about setup and that has created a lull in the conversation. sort of sucked the air out of the room if you will. 

My top suspect right now is you AJ. for both the setup talk and also the hopping on a train for the person being a "lurker". Rags has a bit of a valid point on GF about the strange post re: voting, but you didn't really acknowledge that part of the argument. ( also, for the record in one of those games that GF lurk-hammered, he was very important town)

1. Again, your opinion is valid. I also feel this game hasn't really been moving so at this point I am trying to get it going.

2. I disagree that the early comments have prevented other discussion. It is the responsibility of the other players to make their own commentary. I cannot force them to share their opinions, but I feel there has been ample opportunity for it if they wished.

3. I remember what roles GF had in those games. Actually, in his last 2 he was a town PR and generally did nothing but hammer. Regardless, I don't find that as an excuse not to apply pressure. If he is important to town than he should participate more. Staying quiet and having other's accept that as general meta is far too easy to hide behind if he were scum.

For those of you who knows Andrej better...which alignment is he more likely to do #3 in?

GF who everyone agrees plays a lurky scummy game usually, so him getting 3 votes and 2 of them are just bandwagoning is suspicious 

I don't find the Chael vote scummy due to newbness.

ermmm ... where did i learn that word ... probably in Belgium ?

lol

now, i'll have to check out in a dictionary if the meaning i think it has is correct

:dry:

But this is...hmm...possibly picking the term up in a QT chat?

Couple things:

Don't twist my words. All I said, was that I wasn't going to post if (and only IF) there was nothing to reply to for me, I didn't say I wasn't going to post:

@Ley

what you seem to be saying here is that unless people are talking at or about you, you are not going to participate?  or are you meaning that you will only post when you only have something you want to comment on? please clarify

Golden, how did I misrep you? I found it odd that you were chastising me for giving advice and then you turned around and gave advice. And what looked like the same advice just delivered differently. 

I don't really see what your getting at as saying my wording was delivered in a challenging way. I spoke directly as I was offering advice. It is my experience that clear direct statements stick with people better. Maybe it is a military thing. "thou shalt not sheep" should be on the ten commandments of mafia if their were to be such a thing. 

with regards to Ley: fair enough, Not sure how many of you have played with him, but just look at his siggy if you need further understanding.

Gotcha, that clears up my question on your tone. FOS removed.

Good lord you guys are a mess

AJ and. Lol. Best place to get a mafia at this point.

AJ. You list of the players. It was a farce really. It was extremely one dimensional and basically boiled down to "if they are talking they are town". You do know mafia can do that too right?

Just felt like a show rather than an actual reasoned out list

I cant find much to comment on, regarding GF he almost always plays like this, and i cant say anything regarding the NK's cuz i have almost nothing to go on 

also im here today, ill be checking in as often as i can while working on assignment

How can you say this, we have the AJ train (not RVS btw) and the set up talk discussion, but you choose GF. Safest bet to target attention to.

Plus the buddying and all that.

Recruit me if you dare, I know you are planning on it.

GF who everyone agrees plays a lurky scummy game usually, so him getting 3 votes and 2 of them are just bandwagoning is suspicious

Cool

What about the AJ train...?

You know the non random one?

don't tell me that lurking has a special meaning in maffia games  -_-

f0b7609cb1bb382f12d43e048562dd94544005d1

Also kinda stretching credible belief at this point.

@Salami, we are having to mentor your mentee.  

epic-jackie-chan-template.png

Excellent use of an archer pic

Hope you are watching the new season

But I think she's good at the moment FYI

Gotcha, that clears up my question on your tone. FOS removed.

Good to know your FOSs are based on nice solid things, like tone in a poorly typed forum post.

But I agree with Turin. The setup talk was a silly idea

Plus none of you seem to realise cults aren't that odd in games. You can get a mafia and a cult in a game. It's the most common structure!

But either way

Rather go back and ISO AJ and chuckles and do some real scum hunting

Maybe in a bit

But in a nutshell

Chuckles is buddying me in a weird way, he's avoiding stances on AJ, and his play feels hollow

AJ is posting reads of people but basing them on trivial things, he did the setup thing, then goes after Turin after he was called out on the setup stuff by Turin, he also feels off

AJ. You list of the players. It was a farce really. It was extremely one dimensional and basically boiled down to "if they are talking they are town". You do know mafia can do that too right?

Just felt like a show rather than an actual reasoned out list

I cant find much to comment on, regarding GF he almost always plays like this, and i cant say anything regarding the NK's cuz i have almost nothing to go on 

also im here today, ill be checking in as often as i can while working on assignment

How can you say this, we have the AJ train (not RVS btw) and the set up talk discussion, but you choose GF. Safest bet to target attention to.

Plus the buddying and all that.

Recruit me if you dare, I know you are planning on it.

Cool

What about the AJ train...?

You know the non random one?

RE List: I think you should re-read the list then. Quote and show me where I am 'basically saying if they are talking they are town'. I listed you as a town-lean and I think you might've had 2-3 posts at that point. I also provide some reasoning for my reads, granted some may be a little weak but when I posted it on pg 7(?) there was pretty much zero content from most players. If you disagree with some of them that's fine, point them out and we can discuss them further. Reducing it down as you have doesn't sit well with me though.

RE lolguy: Your linking here is pretty bad, and blatant. He hasn't really commented on any of the players this game, so I don't know why you are focusing so much on the lack of his commentary towards me. I actually find his posts to be in-line with how I remember him playing previously. If you ISO me you'll see that I am questioning him specifically for the same posts you have commented on. My train basically consists of Turin's policy-vote and you going LOLWAGON. Turin at least provides some input on it, although as I stated before the reasoning is an easy one for scum to vote someone for.

Maybe in a bit

But in a nutshell

Chuckles is buddying me in a weird way, he's avoiding stances on AJ, and his play feels hollow

AJ is posting reads of people but basing them on trivial things, he did the setup thing, then goes after Turin after he was called out on the setup stuff by Turin, he also feels off

Again, the linking. Chuckles hasn't taken stances on nearly ANYTHING. You seem to be twisting them intentionally to make it seem like he is avoiding me for some reason, which I find suspect. Again on the reads list, point out what you find trivial and I will try to explain them better. Also where did I go after Turin? He stated his opinion on the subject and I responded. If you're gonna sit at the table bring something better than 'he feels off' to eat.

Turin - Null, leaning scum.

Eh?

Were you asking me something specific here?

Yes. How can a read be null and leaning scum at the same time?

I missed this one earlier.

Sort of simple. My personal take on Turin is that he's the type of solid player that will play relatively the same regardless of his alignment, therefore null until I have more substantial evidence to discern from (voting patterns, VCA, his interactions with players as they flip, etc). Leaning scum comes from where I say that him voting me for set-up spec is an easy vote for scum to make on another player. It's more or less a pseudo-PL, if that makes sense. He has stated his opinion on it, which I have acknowledged as valid, but it's more or less just rhetoric and should be taken only at face value.

He arrives and says theres not much to comment on in the middle of your turin escapade. Hence i found it weird he was ignoring you

i find him buddying to me. If feels like if he had a recruit id be the first pick

Okay. Go back a page and see my questions for him regarding the exact same quotes. I agree that he hasn't commented on it when he could've, and I have prompted him to give an opinion on the matter.

Alright, so now that it seems we'll have some active posters I'll put some stuff out for you guys to chew on.

so from the get go you are associating activity with info. Something I agree with but thought I'd point it out

1. Turin - Agree in general with Darthe's meta summation. Accept his argument IRT early set-up spec. but the reasoning is also an easy one to place a vote for. Null, leaning scum.

so the guy disagreeing with you is now null to scummy (easy to back out from)

Similar to me no? Guy disagrees and votes you so you go after them

2. Chaelca (Mentored by Csarmi) - Prob newbtown. Needs to get coached up a bit/post more as advised by other players. Newbtown feel comes from the early sheeping. I have the feeling if scum her partners would've given some kind of pre-emptive advice as the game started.

cool whatevs

4. Darthe - Leaning town as previously stated. Would still like to see more participation/opinions.

so one of the posters leaning town, but you wanna see more.

Yea that's not a cliché, run of the mill thing to say in mafia at all

5. TheRagnarok - Leaning town for general attitude. Vote on GF feels legitimate considering GF's posts in-game and that Rag wouldn't necessarily be aware the serial-lurking is GF's typical meta.

So Turin got a scum to null lean for an easy vote, but rags is ok.

6. WBK - Mostly null/possible scum. I think by now he might've posted more as I think he tends to pick up on inconsistencies rather early. Could be trying to law low.

so the other null to scum is a low poster in your eyes

7. GF - Serial lurker. Would be fine lynching unless he picks up his gameplay.

cool. Another low poster is a low town read. Seeing a pattern yet? Cos I do and I like patterns. Strange that the one that disagrees is the issue in the pattern

8. Hallia - A little too jokey for my liking. Typical as far as meta goes, but would like to see more.

that's weird. No read

9. Dap - Town lean for the secondary vote. Would like some original thoughts.

secondary vote? Buddying just a tad? Who else is doing that? Oh yea!

10. Chuckles - Nullish. Sort of typical play thus far for him from what I remember.

nullish. How noncommittal can you be

12. Ley - OP felt a bit forced. I sort of inherently read his posts as scummy though, so I will reserve judgement for now.

13. Golden - Oddly quiet. 1 post so far, would like to see more before making a definitive statement.

no read and also no talk seems to feel like scummy reading your posts

15 Dice - Seems somewhat engaged, leaning town.

Engaged means posting. That seems to mean town

You feel me?

Edit for reply

It doesn't matter if you pointed it out or not. When I'm mafia I call my team out all the time. The point is he didn't. You actually agree he didn't.

Alright, so now that it seems we'll have some active posters I'll put some stuff out for you guys to chew on.
  so from the get go you are associating activity with info. Something I agree with but thought I'd point it out

1. Turin - Agree in general with Darthe's meta summation. Accept his argument IRT early set-up spec. but the reasoning is also an easy one to place a vote for. Null, leaning scum.
  so the guy disagreeing with you is now null to scummy (easy to back out from)
Similar to me no? Guy disagrees and votes you so you go after them

2. Chaelca (Mentored by Csarmi) - Prob newbtown. Needs to get coached up a bit/post more as advised by other players. Newbtown feel comes from the early sheeping. I have the feeling if scum her partners would've given some kind of pre-emptive advice as the game started.
 cool whatevs

4. Darthe - Leaning town as previously stated. Would still like to see more participation/opinions.
 so one of the posters leaning town, but you wanna see more.
Yea that's not a cliché, run of the mill thing to say in mafia at all

5. TheRagnarok - Leaning town for general attitude. Vote on GF feels legitimate considering GF's posts in-game and that Rag wouldn't necessarily be aware the serial-lurking is GF's typical meta.
  So Turin got a scum to null lean for an easy vote, but rags is ok.

6. WBK - Mostly null/possible scum. I think by now he might've posted more as I think he tends to pick up on inconsistencies rather early. Could be trying to law low.
  so the other null to scum is a low poster in your eyes

7. GF - Serial lurker. Would be fine lynching unless he picks up his gameplay.
  cool. Another low poster is a low town read. Seeing a pattern yet? Cos I do and I like patterns. Strange that the one that disagrees is the issue in the pattern

8. Hallia - A little too jokey for my liking. Typical as far as meta goes, but would like to see more.
  that's weird. No read

9. Dap - Town lean for the secondary vote. Would like some original thoughts.
  secondary vote? Buddying just a tad? Who else is doing that? Oh yea!

10. Chuckles - Nullish. Sort of typical play thus far for him from what I remember.
  nullish. How noncommittal can you be

12. Ley - OP felt a bit forced. I sort of inherently read his posts as scummy though, so I will reserve judgement for now.

13. Golden - Oddly quiet. 1 post so far, would like to see more before making a definitive statement.
 no read and also no talk seems to feel like scummy reading your posts

15 Dice - Seems somewhat engaged, leaning town.
  Engaged means posting. That seems to mean town

You feel me?

Edit for reply
It doesn't matter if you pointed it out or not. When I'm mafia I call my team out all the time. The point is he didn't. You actually agree he didn't.

Yes, I agree that he didn't. I'm also saying he hasn't commented on ANYTHING in general. No original ideas, no personal commentary or reads. Basically nothing. You continue to push this angle that since he didn't talk about me specifically that it means something. You are reaching. I suggest you re-read. I think the only other person to weigh in on it is GE. Does that mean I'm teammates with all those other players too? Now you are also linking him with me by saying that we are both buddying you. For one, get over yourself lol. Secondly, your insistence that he and I must be working together coupled with your commentary on there being a mafia team and your discomfort of him seeming attached to you on thread is starting to look like a distancing act. I do find it odd that you continue to bring up the fact that you think he will recruit you. Are you placing me with Chuckles in the hopes that if/when he gets lynched (and shows scum) that I will be next due to some contrived associative tell? C'mon bro... if that's your play here it's terribly transparent.

Okay, so for the blue comments now.

Turin: I have already explained this read. Also, when did I go after him? We have discussed on thread, sure, but I wouldn't regard that as attacking. Naturally I'm going to question those who vote me. It's called conf-bias. I know that I am town, so when I am attacked I feel like it is natural to be suspicious.

Darthe: I provided commentary on my town read for him in another post, so no, it wasn't just about him posting at the time. Are you even reading the thread?

Rag: I also felt like I explained this one pretty well. Sure, GF could be considered an easy vote. I also state that I don't find it suspect because Rags wouldn't necessarily know that about GF and his playstyle.

GF: Never said he was a town read. And sure, patterns are cool. It suggests consistency. Now ask yourself... which alignment typically is inconsistent?

Hallia: Too jokey for my liking should suggest a negative outlook.

You: Already touched on the linking comment.

Chuckles: Noncommittal shouldn't be a word that is applied here considering this was put out when like half the game had under ~5 posts. Are you having such an easy time bashing my list because perhaps you already know where I am right or wrong?

GE: I have liked his posts since this list was made. At the time he really only did have 1 post, which is odd. He is typically pretty active.

Now, since you've had such a hay-day with my list, I'd love to see one from you Dap.

Archived